Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:32:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165493 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:47:10 PM

EDIT: Maybe you could discuss the fix with one of the other core members (or rpietila), I think most of them appreciate what you're doing here.

None of them take me seriously. I am tired of this shit.

You are missing the part where I spent hours (and little sleep) with you going over your work on Sybil attacks and the part (which I posted several hours ago) where I said that I thought you had improved on our work. Very odd.

If you want to offer assistance, it is welcome. If you don't want to help, don't. Either way we could do with a little less drama.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jshank

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:56:11 PM

Post your pic slapper, takes courage to put yourself in the public eye (especially in this forum). I applaud anybody who does so.
ceger

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:57:22 PM

The only epiphany I've ever had at dinner was upon realising I'd just followed through. I thought I would sneak out a cheeky silent fart but the moist sensation in my pants and the putrid smell ascending from under the table quickly alerted me to the fact I was dealing with something entirely more sinister.

Man thats one the funniest things ive read in a long time, +100
RAJSALLIN

Activity: 665
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:01:01 PM

Pretty comical that a core developer chooses to go to the beach when this is going down. I have a family as well but if my coin was at risk of dying I'd put 100% in fixing that first.

How do you get that? There's been a claim with virtually no details, that we can neither refute or accept. So what are we meant to fix, exactly?

Would you prefer it if I feverishly read through every line of code in an abject panic?

Until BCX either provides some more technical details, or he just carries out his attack in 2 days time, we don't know *if* there is an exploit, what its nature is, or where to even start looking. So we carry on as normal, investing plenty of time in Monero, without needlessly panicking, because if we panic we will accomplish nothing.

Anonymint doesn't seem to have any affiliation with Monero and he seems to be working his ass off. Even during dinner.  As a core developer you are  the equivalent of the CEO and in so you have the responsibility towards the share holders (investors) to be on top of this. If I was invested in a company where they hit some serious problems I'd be pretty pissed off if the CEO said he would hit the beach with his wife and stated there are other things in life that matter, not only this company. I would expect the CEO to be working at full speed. If he couldn't solve it himself he would be networking, talking to people who potentially could, speaking to investors trying to calm the market etc. Your reply was another fail in my eyes.

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:05:26 PM

As a core developer you are  the equivalent of the CEO and in so you have the responsibility towards the share holders (investors) to be on top of this.

This vision inherited from the promises you keep hearing from most altcoin "devs" is a complete fallacy. Nobody is promising any profit to anyone with Monero. No more than with Bitcoin, by the way.
Just be grateful to people investing (much) more of their time than you to develop a coin and an economy, and donate if you want to support them. But don't assume they owe anything to you.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:06:27 PM

Pretty comical that a core developer chooses to go to the beach when this is going down. I have a family as well but if my coin was at risk of dying I'd put 100% in fixing that first.

How do you get that? There's been a claim with virtually no details, that we can neither refute or accept. So what are we meant to fix, exactly?

Would you prefer it if I feverishly read through every line of code in an abject panic?

Until BCX either provides some more technical details, or he just carries out his attack in 2 days time, we don't know *if* there is an exploit, what its nature is, or where to even start looking. So we carry on as normal, investing plenty of time in Monero, without needlessly panicking, because if we panic we will accomplish nothing.

Anonymint doesn't seem to have any affiliation with Monero and he seems to be working his ass off. Even during dinner.  As a core developer you are  the equivalent of the CEO and in so you have the responsibility towards the share holders (investors) to be on top of this. If I was invested in a company where they hit some serious problems I'd be pretty pissed off if the CEO said he would hit the beach with his wife and stated there are other things in life that matter, not only this company. I would expect the CEO to be working at full speed. If he couldn't solve it himself he would be networking, talking to people who potentially could, speaking to investors trying to calm the market etc. Your reply was another fail in my eyes.

Your reply was another laugh in my belly.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:10:49 PM

Anonymint doesn't seem to have any affiliation with Monero and he seems to be working his ass off. Even during dinner.  As a core developer you are  the equivalent of the CEO and in so you have the responsibility towards the share holders (investors) to be on top of this. If I was invested in a company where they hit some serious problems I'd be pretty pissed off if the CEO said he would hit the beach with his wife and stated there are other things in life that matter, not only this company. I would expect the CEO to be working at full speed. If he couldn't solve it himself he would be networking, talking to people who potentially could, speaking to investors trying to calm the market etc. Your reply was another fail in my eyes.
If someone were to announce they were going to leak every email stored on gmail in 72 hours, do you expect Google to actually take it serious after claimed the same thing about Yahoo mail a year ago?  Roll Eyes
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:11:55 PM

With all respect, read what tacotime wrote above. The standard controls are
in place, and whatever BCX comes up with will be limited to messing up a relatively
small segment of the chain that can be repaired afterwards.

So hopefully we all learn something interesting afterwards, and smart folks
can make some money too because of all this nonsense and panic.

“God does not play dice"
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:12:36 PM

Anonymint doesn't seem to have any affiliation with Monero and he seems to be working his ass off. Even during dinner.  As a core developer you are  the equivalent of the CEO and in so you have the responsibility towards the share holders (investors) to be on top of this. If I was invested in a company where they hit some serious problems I'd be pretty pissed off if the CEO said he would hit the beach with his wife and stated there are other things in life that matter, not only this company. I would expect the CEO to be working at full speed. If he couldn't solve it himself he would be networking, talking to people who potentially could, speaking to investors trying to calm the market etc. Your reply was another fail in my eyes.
If someone were to announce they were going to leak every email stored on gmail in 72 hours, do you expect Google to actually take it serious after they did the same thing to Yahoo mail a year ago?  Roll Eyes

LoL, Ask Target that... or what about home depot?
Quanttek

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:14:09 PM

But this is no company, who would benefit from having a rising price. This are asome guys, who work voluntarily in their freetime on a project, they don't even benefit from (the whole team holds less than 50k). Yes, I'd also expect a CEO of a company to fix a urgent problem if I am an investor and hold a significant share of the company, because otherwise I might loose money, but you aren't holding shares, you are holding some coins of a currency, which get's developed currently by a team of 7 guys, but at any point suddenly maybe another team comes up and helps or they plit up etc

Enthusiast. Neither trader, nor miner and also no big investor.
Community Manager for Monero
PM if you need mine to exchange or anti-cheat algorithm for node-cryptonote-pool
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 04:14:43 PM

"Investors" do not pay my salary. In fact, in spite of the smattering of donations, I (and the rest of the core team) spend significantly more money than we receive, and that doesn't even account for our time. We are not a company, we do not have investors. We are just a group of multi-skilled, multi-faceted people trying to see if we can bring Monero to a point where it is a secure, safe, easy-to-use, and fully decentralised cryptocurrency.

Also, there are 7 of us. If I take a break for an hour on a Sunday to choose not to neglect my wife but to go walk on the beach with her you can bet that work doesn't stop, nor do the cogs turning inside my head. So I guess you could say I, too, worked during that hour. And I'm sorry if you disagree, but my family (even though it only consists of my wife) comes first and foremost in my life.

TheFascistMind

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:16:43 PM

EDIT: Maybe you could discuss the fix with one of the other core members (or rpietila), I think most of them appreciate what you're doing here.

You are missing the part where I spent hours (and little sleep) with you going over your work on Sybil attacks and the part (which I posted several hours ago) where I said that I thought you had improved on our work. Very odd.

If you want to offer assistance, it is welcome. If you don't want to help, don't. Either way we could do with a little less drama.

I rather fancy the idea of publishing the sender of (most) every ring signature on the block chain instead at a future date of my choosing.

I warned you don't fuck with me.

I will make sure BBR has the mitigation ready assuming they are still cooperative with me and they don't give my mitigation to XMR.

You are not dealing with BCX any more. You are dealing with me. Capice.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:18:17 PM

I have gotten paid 0 dollars for the hundreds of hours of work I've put into this coin, so I really don't have any obligation to anyone to do anything. I'm here because I like the work and the coin.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:18:30 PM

If someone were to announce they were going to leak every email stored on gmail in 72 hours, do you expect Google to actually take it serious after they did the same thing to Yahoo mail a year ago?  Roll Eyes

LoL, Ask Target that... or what about home depot?

Target CEO salary paid by shareholders: $ lots
Home Depot salary paid by shareholders: $ lots
Amount of money paid by investors to HD and Target for shares sold by the company: $ lots

Amount paid for my XMR salary: $0
Amount paid by coin holders to the project for coins sold by the project: $0

Get it?

If you want to help, please volunteer and we will come up for some part of the project for you to work on. Or donate. Otherwise GTFO, we're not interested in your shilling, sniping or trolling.

nexern

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:20:10 PM

"Investors" do not pay my salary. In fact, in spite of the smattering of donations, I (and the rest of the core team) spend significantly more money than we receive, and that doesn't even account for our time. We are not a company, we do not have investors. We are just a group of multi-skilled, multi-faceted people trying to see if we can bring Monero to a point where it is a secure, safe, easy-to-use, and fully decentralised cryptocurrency.

Also, there are 7 of us. If I take a break for an hour on a Sunday to choose not to neglect my wife but to go walk on the beach with her you can bet that work doesn't stop, nor do the cogs turning inside my head. So I guess you could say I, too, worked during that hour. And I'm sorry if you disagree, but my family (even though it only consists of my wife) comes first and foremost in my life.

evolving language and behaviour pattern confirm and follows a simple social attack without substance.
monero devs should calm down and switch to a more attentive path. there is no need to play into others prepared hands.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:20:45 PM

I rather fancy the idea of publishing the sender of every ring signature on the block chain instead at a future date of my choosing.

I will make sure BBR has the mitigation ready assuming they are still cooperative with me and they don't give my mitigation to XMR.

Martin knew we were going to fuck with you.  He said so while preparing that 30 pounds of mashed potatoes for Cell Block D.  Didn't he tell you?  Why weren't you prepared?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:23:00 PM

Yeah wtf? These devs are here arguing and crying like babies. This is totally unprofessional.

Why would anyone want to invest in a bunch of hotheads?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:24:31 PM

Yes, go all buy XTS so Bob and his pump group can dump on you.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:26:36 PM

I rather fancy the idea of publishing the sender of every ring signature on the block chain instead at a future date of my choosing.

Don't just talk about it, be about it. Or in the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson,
An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.

You might want to start ending your posts with your initials surrounded by tildes as well, like ~AnM~. I think it would suit you quite well.
TheFascistMind

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:26:48 PM

read what tacotime wrote above. The standard controls are
in place, and whatever BCX comes up with will be limited to messing up a relatively
small segment of the chain that can be repaired afterwards.

You can't repair ex post facto (or even now) the anonymity because you can't erase the block chain. If I am correct, it is already broken. Wasn't that the only feature of Monero?

I don't know why BCX didn't just threaten to do that instead and short XMR. No need to steal coins nor do a Time Warp.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: