Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:31:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165493 times)
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:27:54 PM

You can't repair ex post facto (or even now) the anonymity because you can't erase the block chain. If I am correct, it is already broken. Wasn't that the only feature of Monero?

I don't know why BCX didn't just threaten to do that instead and short XMR. No need to steal coins nor do a Time Warp.

If it's already broken, we have much bigger problems.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quanttek

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:29:14 PM

EDIT: Maybe you could discuss the fix with one of the other core members (or rpietila), I think most of them appreciate what you're doing here.

None of them take me seriously. I am tired of this shit.

You are missing the part where I spent hours (and little sleep) with you going over your work on Sybil attacks and the part (which I posted several hours ago) where I said that I thought you had improved on our work. Very odd.

If you want to offer assistance, it is welcome. If you don't want to help, don't. Either way we could do with a little less drama.

I rather fancy the idea of publishing the sender of (most) every ring signature on the block chain instead at a future date of my choosing.

I warned you don't fuck with me.

I will make sure BBR has the mitigation ready assuming they are still cooperative with me and they don't give my mitigation to XMR.

You are not dealing with BCX any more. You are dealing with me. Capice.

"Stop playing poltical games!" That's something you said often enough in the altcoin observer and now you are doing the same. Everyone is appreciating and I already replied further up to that.

Nobody wants to fuck with you. I recommend taking a nap and rereading what fluffypony, smooth adn tacotime have written and what you've answered with. Maybe you see what I meant further up

Enthusiast. Neither trader, nor miner and also no big investor.
Community Manager for Monero
PM if you need mine to exchange or anti-cheat algorithm for node-cryptonote-pool
gwada971

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:30:12 PM

playing a bit at http://www.gamingcloud.com/play/octo-tron-circus.html and not look at poloniex for a while and get crazy !
RAJSALLIN

Activity: 665
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:31:23 PM

Anonymint doesn't seem to have any affiliation with Monero and he seems to be working his ass off. Even during dinner.  As a core developer you are  the equivalent of the CEO and in so you have the responsibility towards the share holders (investors) to be on top of this. If I was invested in a company where they hit some serious problems I'd be pretty pissed off if the CEO said he would hit the beach with his wife and stated there are other things in life that matter, not only this company. I would expect the CEO to be working at full speed. If he couldn't solve it himself he would be networking, talking to people who potentially could, speaking to investors trying to calm the market etc. Your reply was another fail in my eyes.

I have gotten paid 0 dollars for the hundreds of hours of work I've put into this coin, so I really don't have any obligation to anyone to do anything. I'm here because I like the work and the coin.

What's the mater with you developers? You have to believe in your product. Go all in. Don't sit here and say this is your hoby project. An anonymous crypto with the correct attributes has enormous potential. Show us your enthusiasm and commitment!

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:33:19 PM

What's the mater with you developers? You have to believe in your product. Go all in. Don't sit here and say this is your hoby project. An anonymous crypto with the correct attributes has enormous potential. Show us your enthusiasm and commitment!

My personal choice is not to do that rhetorically, or even openly.

I guess I'm the anti-shill.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:33:37 PM

Some of you simply have irrational dislike towards Monero.

Unless you're incapable of knowing that someone is trolling, then you should have no excuse to know that Monero competitors purposely make newbie accounts to troll Monero(With threads undermining all other coins but Monero i.e Moneroman88).

This whole fiasco doesn't matter, if BCX succeeds, then another coin will take Monero's place, along with BCX's reputation being destroyed(Going after coins with promising futures instead of going after/destroying true shitcoins with scamming devs and more)

Frankly, I know why some people never bother using Bitcointalk, too much useless, shitty drama. However, if this whole situation turns out ending another way, then I will be pleasantly surprised.
eratta

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:35:59 PM

If hundreds of hours of work doesn't demonstrate commitment, then what exactly are you asking for?
ray88

Activity: 212

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:36:22 PM

If hundreds of hours of work doesn't demonstrate commitment, then what exactly are you asking for?

+1
Quanttek

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:36:26 PM

Anonymint doesn't seem to have any affiliation with Monero and he seems to be working his ass off. Even during dinner.  As a core developer you are  the equivalent of the CEO and in so you have the responsibility towards the share holders (investors) to be on top of this. If I was invested in a company where they hit some serious problems I'd be pretty pissed off if the CEO said he would hit the beach with his wife and stated there are other things in life that matter, not only this company. I would expect the CEO to be working at full speed. If he couldn't solve it himself he would be networking, talking to people who potentially could, speaking to investors trying to calm the market etc. Your reply was another fail in my eyes.

I have gotten paid 0 dollars for the hundreds of hours of work I've put into this coin, so I really don't have any obligation to anyone to do anything. I'm here because I like the work and the coin.

Most members of the core team work fulltime, but this isn't sustainable if they don't get paid.

AGAIN:
This is not a company
They don't benefit from a rising price
They don't get paid
You don't hold shares of the devteam, you hold coins
The devs are (theoratically) interchangeable

And following you, they should work 24/7, giving everything up, without getting paid, because the so-called "investors" only buy coins and don't donate?

Enthusiast. Neither trader, nor miner and also no big investor.
Community Manager for Monero
PM if you need mine to exchange or anti-cheat algorithm for node-cryptonote-pool
cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:36:31 PM

There is more advanced tech out there.

I Respect what the seven guys done, but CN coins are old risky tech, have you guys looked into neos

Put ur time n money in somethin with the tech of tomm

Look into it, CN is decent, but it has been outdone. Research research research

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:37:36 PM

have you guys looked into

Wow the shills are out in force today

lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:38:28 PM

I had a sudden epiphany while at dinner which is BCX's exploit, well at least I can find the i == s and from that it may be possible to factor 'x' the private key.

I am trying to think of a fix. So far I can not think of any fix. I think BCX is correct, this is a coin killer.

I will also be contacting BCX to see if he wants to buy it from me since he wrote publicly that someone offered in 100 BTC for this.

BCX, do you have any interest in buying this from me instead of me selling to James, smooth, or BrilliantRocket?

I received the above PM from "The Fascist" aka "Anonymint". It seems as if he has also found an exploit.

I have no interest in buying any exploit or any interest in attacking Monero. I am neither for or against the coin.

I do however see a serious flaw inherent to all CN coins with Monero being the focal point.

With this exploit expanding into the wild, holding any sum of funds in XMR you cannot lose is foolish.

I can absolutely guarantee you as soon as this exploit is successfully deployed, every single exchange will halt trading
and there will a lot of people holding coins they cannot trade anywhere.

As Anonymint also indicated, this is indeed a coin killer.

~BCX~

if that is true, wouldn't it make more sence to find a nice bugfix and sell that one to monero bagholders instead?
TheFascistMind

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:38:55 PM

Amount paid for my XMR salary: $0
Amount paid by coin holders to the project for coins sold by the project: $0

What about the 1% one pool is donating to the development?

What about other donations?

What about the herding of the Altcoin forum into your gains on the coins you bought cheap and or mined cheap?

You guys are not that motivated on BCX's allegation. Sorry for disturbing you.

(you guys create more unnecessary drama than a bitch on the rag, then you accuse me of creating the drama. Amazing)
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:39:14 PM

I'm sure rpietila as a "CEO" will ensure his coders are working very hard. He doesn't pay (donate) them for nothing. I believe he has significant role/stake in Moneros development.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:41:59 PM

Pays hired coders and cryptographers (rfree, tewinget, mikezackles, surae, sarang, etc etc), not the core team.

See above.

What about the herding of the Altcoin forum into your gains on the coins you bought cheap and or mined cheap?
I haven't sold any of my XMR, so obviously I have a lot to lose if something were to go wrong.

Code:
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:42:49 PM

Pays hired coders and cryptographers (rfree, tewinget, mikezackles, surae, sarang, etc etc), not the core team

See above

I haven't sold any of my XMR

You may want to start selling before you have a cloakcoin v2.0 on your hands.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:44:20 PM

Pays hired coders and cryptographers (rfree, tewinget, mikezackles, surae, sarang, etc etc), not the core team

See above

I haven't sold any of my XMR

You may want to start selling before you have a cloakcoin v2.0 on your hands.

Candle is green today, Bob. Troll harder.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:46:23 PM

Amount paid for my XMR salary: $0
Amount paid by coin holders to the project for coins sold by the project: $0

Pretty much what tacotime said, except that I have sold some coins. Most of them I sold a long time ago to get a bit of return on my mining. Someone ask me in PM today to sell coins. I said no.

You guys are not that motivated on BCX's allegation. Sorry for disturbing you.

Which allegation? He never alleged any Sybil attack issues at all. He alleged wallet stealing. We will have a mathematical analysis of your theory on key factorization shortly. Summary: you found nothing.

TheFascistMind

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:47:23 PM

Rpietila wrote publicly only 4 - 8% chance of any lasting harm to Monero.

He has said he trusts the opinions of his core devs and bases his probabilities accordingly.

So no worries folks. We can stop now.

(who can't play politics. They only way is not be involved with Monero at all. I'd like to go back to being a silent programmer, like TacoTime.)
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:49:00 PM

Rpietila wrote publicly only 4 - 8% chance of any lasting harm to Monero.

He has said he trusts the opinions of his core devs and bases his probabilities accordingly.

So no worries folks. We can stop now.

Ohhhh well if HE said it then ok..

LMAO... Hes the biggest bagholder in the bunch. Of course he's going to say that. He needs time to get out.

Fuck just walk in his shoes for a minute and tell me you wouldn't do the same.

WoW... Some of you guys are real sheep aren't ya.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: