Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:08:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165496 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:55:05 AM

I just wanted to publicly state I have no personal hard feelings against BitcoinEXpress.

But I will call things as I see it when I do see inconsistencies when actions conflict with one's words.

BitcoinEXpress I am very aware you have resources that could decimate certain crypto coins.

I'm not entirely sure you have what you claim you do concerning Monero (i.e. the exploit and the resources to successfully execute that exploit) and you know why I think that based on the links I've provided above.

But then again this is merely my opinion based on what I know of your reputation here on these forums. I could be wrong. But I will venture to say you do not have the ability to kill XMR as you claim. Kill meaning after you "attack" it no one will want to use XMR anymore.

If you successfully decimate/kill XMR (meaning no one uses it after your attack), I will post a full admission that you are who you say you are on every level claimed to date.

You know me, I love entertainment when it comes to crypto...have at it man!  Grin Grin Grin

I have my bowl of popcorn ready!

Thanks in advance for the entertainment!

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 8440

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 07:00:12 AM

Anonymint doesn't exactly come off well from his posts, but his ability to understand these things is probably unmatched.  He literally is probably the best person in the world to try to figure this kind of thing out.  G Maxwell would also top my list.
Anonymint spouts mostly a meaningless mishmash of technical terms; every once in a while a chance mixture may seem to make some sense technically, but I suspect the insight rests entirely in the reader in those cases. If you're listing both myself and he— your listmaker functionality may be in need of calibration.

I haven't stated that I've analyzed the system and believe it sound— it takes significant effort to stand behind such a claim, I haven't had the time, and this is also why I've not released any other software using it. (It's not that it's that hard, but it's a question of priorities. That its already in production, for better or worse, lowers it on my list: If it does turn out to be broken people are already screwed). The underlying RS scheme appears solid, but the exact application in Bytecoin has had less review.  But that I can't currently say I'm completely convinced it's solid doesn't at all prevent me from saying that claims otherwise so far presented sound suspect.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:05:53 AM

Well someone is having fun  Roll Eyes

You're the most stupid person on this forum.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:06:18 AM

I just wanted to publicly state I have no personal hard feelings against BitcoinEXpress.

But I will call things as I see it when I do see inconsistencies when actions conflict with one's words.

BitcoinEXpress I am very aware you have resources that could decimate certain crypto coins.

I'm not entirely sure you have what you claim you do concerning Monero (i.e. the exploit and the resources to successfully execute that exploit) and you know why I think that based on the links I've provided above.

But then again this is merely my opinion based on what I know of your reputation here on these forums. I could be wrong. But I will venture to say you do not have the ability to kill XMR as you claim. Kill meaning after you "attack" it no one will want to use XMR anymore.

If you successfully decimate/kill XMR (meaning no one uses it after your attack), I will post a full admission that you are who you say you are on every level claimed to date.

You know me, I love entertainment when it comes to crypto...have at it man!  Grin Grin Grin

LOL no, guy is a scum, as posted by your links, if he magically 'kills' Monero it will make him even more of a scum and despicable and its on him, I'm not bowing down to scum.
Let us agree to disagree on how I will respond to his actions.

You fail to realize that if he has a legitimate exploit he demonstrates then he is effectively helping the development of cryptonote coins assuming the exploit is for all  CN coins and not just XMR.

Something you may want to ponder on.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:09:34 AM

Sometimes adversity is a blessing in disguise as after the dust settles you have more than you had before things happened.

Bitcoin has had tons of adversity and look at where it is now. So had LTC...very similar outcome over time.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:13:32 AM

You know me, I love entertainment when it comes to crypto...have at it man!  Grin Grin Grin

LOL no, guy is a scum, as posted by your links, if he magically 'kills' Monero it will make him even more of a scum and despicable and its on him, I'm not bowing down to scum.

You fail to realize that if he has a legitimate exploit he demonstrates then he is effectively helping the development of cryptonote coins assuming the exploit is for all  CN coins and not just XMR.

I think we can argue that BCX is being a jerk under the following two scenarios: 1)He is lying, 2)He has the exploit but will not communicate it before an attack.

However, if the exploit is real, communicated and then used after a given reasonable period of time, then I cannot call BCX a jerk.

The most interesting situation I can imagine, is that BCX communicates the exploit, it becomes evident that no fix is possible and once this reality is communicated to the public Monero crashes forever. Interesting and painful.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:19:46 AM

No, I understand, you have large sums in other coins and is a respected legitimate member of this forum, its ok for you showing its "fine" and "entertaining" for a coin like Monero being eventually obliterate, as its "bellow" you.

He doesnt have legitimate exploits, and if he wanted to help the development he would disclose to the dev team of Monero, Boolbery of even DuckNote, the Joker is just plain evil, the others watching this arena are either the plebe or part of the high class (academically or financially).

Let us not make my financial position relevant to any of this as it isn't.

If you are all in on monero and it dies then that is the risk you take putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Sure he could disclose the exploit and give the devs time to patch it, but this is why I don't believe he has an exploit.

I look forward to being right or wrong as it will I'm the end enlighten me and others here on potential threats that exist or not in the crypto space for future reference.

I guess I'm more of the mindset that if I make a mistake or get done wrong that I take it as a lesson and move on in life. Some prefer to sulk or seek revenge. Crypto is not my entire life but it is a part of it.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:24:56 AM

I think we can argue that BCX is being a jerk under the following two scenarios: 1)He is lying, 2)He has the exploit but will not communicate it before an attack.

However, if the exploit is real, communicated and then used after a given reasonable period of time, then I cannot call BCX a jerk.

The most interesting situation I can imagine, is that BCX communicates the exploit, it becomes evident that no fix is possible and once this reality is communicated to the public Monero crashes forever. Interesting and painful.

Scenario #1 has been done by him in the past. He claimed he would successfully attack litecoin and when the time came nothing happened.... He created a fake account to drum up drama about this community supposedly attacking an innocent person with the same first and last name.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:26:25 AM

I doubt he wants to finance an attack even if he does have an exploit. Wouldn't that be the point of the 3 day ultimatum?
svetliopi44

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:12:21 AM

Wall Bitrex is indicative.
People do not believe that there will be carried out the attack.
Sell ​​some weak hands.
I am a small miner Monero giving him 3 months ago and I have very small stocks.
But I think he will be great and I do not sell.

carpetbagger

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

You can trust me, I have an avatar

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:52:13 AM

EDIT: Maybe you could discuss the fix with one of the other core members (or rpietila), I think most of them appreciate what you're doing here.

None of them take me seriously. I am tired of this shit.

You are missing the part where I spent hours (and little sleep) with you going over your work on Sybil attacks and the part (which I posted several hours ago) where I said that I thought you had improved on our work. Very odd.

If you want to offer assistance, it is welcome. If you don't want to help, don't. Either way we could do with a little less drama.

I rather fancy the idea of publishing the sender of (most) every ring signature on the block chain instead at a future date of my choosing.

I warned you don't fuck with me.

I will make sure BBR has the mitigation ready assuming they are still cooperative with me and they don't give my mitigation to XMR.

You are not dealing with BCX any more. You are dealing with me. Capice.

Lol. Play nice.

Keep clam & hodl on
Brokers

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:55:01 AM

Monero is f'cked
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:57:56 AM

Monero is f'cked

The price dropped fast. I expect a small rally from the day traders, but then another fall, unless this whole exploit fuss fizzles out.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:03:02 AM

Monero is f'cked

The price dropped fast. I expect a small rally from the day traders, but then another fall, unless this whole exploit fuss fizzles out.

It was time for XMR to drop anyway. Needs to follow it's monthly cycle so whoever is manipulating the price gets their monthly 30%+ return.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:49:48 AM

I will make sure BBR has the mitigation ready assuming they are still cooperative with me and they don't give my mitigation to XMR.

I know you're meant to be the smartest person on this forum, but isn't this a little silly?

I am sure we can watch the bbr source repo and see exactly what changes are being made to the code, especially regarding ring signatures. This way we catch whatever you have in store.

You have two options to bypass this little trick of mine:

1) Make Zoidberg release a close source binary and force it upon his users, I am sure this sets a great precedent.

2) Take BBR down with Monero.

Of course, I could be the dumb one and the mitigation may not involve code, but this thought does confuse me.
Ultros

Activity: 471

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:56:00 AM

Guys read the whole thread. AM got a little mad at times but now he works with the team again. Don't stir up the fire.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:57:35 AM

Sometimes adversity is a blessing in disguise as after the dust settles you have more than you had before things happened.

Bitcoin has had tons of adversity and look at where it is now. So had LTC...very similar outcome over time.

I agree. I like monero and i want it to be attacked.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:58:25 AM

Guys read the whole thread. AM got a little mad at times but now he works with the team again. Don't stir up the fire.

Ok, I have actual genuine curiosity as to how Boolberry would push out the change without the Monero team knowing, I was being sincere and want to know how that could be done.
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:13:28 AM

It seems bytecoin price is not affected.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:16:23 AM

Ok, I have actual genuine curiosity as to how Boolberry would push out the change without the Monero team knowing, I was being sincere and want to know how that could be done.

You missed this?

MEW - Monero Economy Workgroup communication

A taskforce is set up to address the issue of a possible "BCX exploit", and an ultimatum by BCX to find and fix it in 72 hours lest a serious attack is launched upon Monero.

The taskforce consists of several Monero developers, AnonyMint, CZ, jl777 and me.

There are differing opinions in the taskforce concerning the severity of the threat. No coinkiller is yet found and several avenues are probed. The members who have technical competence are talking about their views themselves.

Regardless of the outcome in the technical side, this is a serious economic attack on Monero - about 15% of the pre-ultimatum value is lost, and there is a great information asymmetry plaguing traders currently. It is notable that nobody has offered to borrow XMR for shorting (which I could provide against full guarantee deposit of BTC). Neither has anyone bought the PUT options. This means that the downside speculation has so far been limited to selling out from a trader's own stash. An economically motivated player who knows for sure about a lethal attack might decide to take leverage for personal gain.

I believe that the Monero devs are up to their task and can mitigate the potential exploit, and fix the code in preparation of the announced attack. I further believe that Monero will rise even stronger. Since I am not in possession of any knowledge that indicates that a realistic attack could take place, I can only estimate the probability that it exists unnoticed, and my estimate is 4-8%.

The MEW will be inaugurated on Tuesday, and also the devteam has important announcements (not related to the attack). Provided that our coin still exists, I am sure we have a great future ahead of us as a community with these new methods of organizing our activities for the mutual benefit.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: