Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:43:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165491 times)
TheFascistMind

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:57:14 AM

The best investments are the ones nobody tells you about.

So remember if ever you invest in something based on a sales pitch, always average in over a long period of time. Never rush.

If you have independently discovered an investment, that is often indicative that you are knowledgeable enough to decide whether to rush.

XMR and BBR are less than $3 million market caps. Bitcoin reached as high as $10 billion, and that wasn't any where near the potential of electronic money.

Which ever coin can get us to that potential, jump on board and ride. No need to bicker.

Let's keep working to help each other to figure out which technology and coin will do it. Marrying our investments, anointing, cheerleading, and turf battles won't make it so.

Time is scarce so those with programming skills, we will have to refrain from always talking.

P.S. CN devs and investors are understandably excited about the technology and the potential. We need to see how this all plays out. Nobody has a crystal ball on picking the winning details of crypto-currency. It is complex.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oliveforever

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:57:47 AM

I do remember rpietila specifically recommending some fairly conservative ratios with regard to speculations in XMR vs holdings in BTC. So many of these people who have seemingly gone 'all in' have done so against the advice of people they're supposed to be following.

True, I remember that. I think the number was something like 40/1 but I might be mistaken. It was definitely a recommendation to keep your XMR exposure limited relative to BTC and also I think to keep your BTC exposure limited as well.

It is funny how people cherry pick the quotes they want to make a point and ignore others.

I expect that things will calm down with regard to Monero rhetoric after all that has happened in the last month. The amount of drama has been unparalleled and spawned zealotry on both sides.

I hope you are right!

People should always remember that many of the people they follow are already wealthy individuals who can afford to lose. Just because they speculate on something doesn't mean that you should too. Everyone needs to be in control of their own personal financial situation and take some responsibility.

Well said, especially the part about other people you may follow being wealthy and not to be copied by others in a very different position.

Nice post!

The fact is risto made a colossal fuck up in predicting 1 Million USD BTC price within 2014 to his followers before he was involuntarily detained in pyschiatric facility in finland. (He sold before the peak)

Now he is again in his manic phase- he predicts XMR will go up a thousand times. Surely he will be back in padded cell again soon, not before dumping his load all on unexpecting noobs
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:00:06 PM

The fact is risto made a colossal fuck up in predicting 1 Million USD BTC price within 2014 2013

It wasn't anywhere near as colossal a fuck up as you claiming that making bad predictions is a crime.

EDIT: corrected date of claimed prediction

oliveforever

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:03:47 PM

The fact is risto made a colossal fuck up in predicting 1 Million USD BTC price within 2014

Technically not yet, but in any case this wasn't anywhere near as colossal a fuck up as you claiming that making bad predictions is a crime.

That was a typo, he actually predicted 1 Million USD per Bitcoin by the end of 2013. (later he backed out and predicted $300,000. Don't be silly what he said was much worse.

The 10-30% weekly increase in adoption (weekly % growth of the # of bitcoin users), will turn this discussion completely ridiculous before the end of this month:
January: 10, February: 20, March: 40, April: 80, May: 160, ... December 20480.
Even the above contains more valuable advice than most said in this thread, although it is public knowledge that this kind of behaviour cannot just increase exponentially. It will go parabolic, crash, and repeat. Not only I believe it will go to $1M this year, I have not heard very many good arguments from anyone, what can hinder it  Huh

I am a perma-bull like you, but you are really overstating the trend!
It is indicating $200 by the end of 2013, $500 by May next year and $1000 at the end of next year. Still fantastic growth  Smiley

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8257/8705727117_15e8d4e2dd_b.jpg

XMR looks really strong in the market. I've been accumulating the past 5 days and seen with my own eyes the buy support grow from 60 to 300+ btc. Meanwhile the price is only up less than 50% from the bottom and still less than the average over time.

It is easy to see a continued uptrend from here.

Monero price is not cheap even now, but it will not stay this cheap for long

http://barnapkinmemoirs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/picard-facepalm.jpg

we're NOT hitting $1 Million this year.

Holders will be too horny not to Profit take and make a lot of money before the price is anywhere near $1,000,000

Only about 1.5 million bitcoins in speculative (fiat-denominated) hands now. All the rest are owned by the likes of me, I am not selling any bitcoins below the long term realistic value of $300k/BTC (except in anticipation of a correction and purchase of more bitcoins).

Guess what, he sold well before that (600 dollars is a way of from 300 thousand dollars, no guys?? ) to by real-estate to refurbish.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:04:19 PM

The fact is risto made a colossal fuck up in predicting 1 Million USD BTC price within 2014

Technically not yet, but in any case this wasn't anywhere near as colossal a fuck up as you claiming that making bad predictions is a crime.

That was a typo, he actually predicted 1 Million USD per Bitcoin in 2013

Okay edited.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:07:56 PM

I came here just to say that the user "Stealthcoin" isn't a dev from that coin and isn't an investor too.
He is a troll.

I'm sorry for what is happening here
TheFascistMind

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:08:21 PM

Rpietila calculates that if crypto-currency can be used by even a small segment of the world's population, then the market cap has to rise to those lofty levels.

He genuinely believes that. It is not some ploy.

My disagreement with him is that there are other powerful interests trying to be the one to spread electronic money globally, e.g. Apple Pay, Paypal, and now even IBM is going to fork Ethereum.

Something amazing is going to happen, it just isn't clear yet whether we small investors can be part of it or not.

We developers need to do everything within our abilities to make it so.

So rpietila may or may not choose the correct horse and racetrack. But he will not be wrong about electronic currency taking over globally.

Edit: why do I defend rpietila? Because I dealt with him on silver trades in 2008/9, and I observed his ethics. He bent over backwards to make sure I was not harmed in deals, even those where his counter party screwed him over.
oliveforever

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:10:42 PM

Rpietila calculates that if crypto-currency can be used by even a small segment of the world's population, then the market cap has to rise to those lofty levels.

My disagreement with him is that there are other powerful interests trying to be the one to spread electronic money globally, e.g. Apple Pay, Paypal, and now even IBM is going to fork Ethereum.

Something amazing is going to happen, it just isn't clear yet whether we small investors can be part of it or not.

So rpietila may or may not choose the correct horse and racetrack. But he will not be wrong about electronic currency taking over globally.

He's might be right about crypto taking over but criminally wrong in the magnitude and timeline of his price predictions

And you are just an attacker of XMR. You are one of the individuals along with BCX who caused the price to crash without concrete evidence, now you are stepping backwards on your exaggerated claims, along with him. Just as predicted.  They were only intended to create FUD and drive the markets down.
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:13:20 PM

Do not respond to him. Do not waste your time. It's pure pollution. Don't feed the trolls. Do not quote them. Please.

Do it.
TheFascistMind

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:15:17 PM

The only "criminal" on this thread so far is BCX for his threatens and the DDOS attack, you sir are a fool.

I hope you don't get angry at me, because I know he threatened that which you are invested.

But I don't want to be a crime. I think we ought to leave everything as fair play that doesn't involve physical violence or physical force. I think electronic theft should not be a crime. I rather put the onus on each person to protect their assets.

I love freedom too much. Personal responsibility is the only way to have freedom.

Physical violence is different, because we don't want to live physically in a fortress.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:20:42 PM

Edit: why do I defend rpietila? Because I dealt with him on silver trades in 2008/9, and I observed his ethics. He bent over backwards to make sure I was not harmed in deals, even those where his counter party screwed him over.

rpietila is the prophet of delusional and greedy people, those who believe him and agree with his nonsense are usually the ones that couldn't achieve anything in life and have no way or even hope to achieve anything by working innovating inventing or leading,  so the only hope they see is Bitcoin making their lives better and thinking they will be as lucky as rpietila, logically this becomes their faith and Risto become their prophet... as simple as that.  
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:22:29 PM

rpietila is the prophet of delusional and greedy people, those who believe him and agree with his nonsense are usually the ones that couldn't achieve anything in life and have no way or even hope to achieve anything by working innovating inventing or leading,  so the only hope they see is Bitcoin making their lives better and thinking they will be as lucky as rpietila, logically this becomes their faith and Risto become their prophet... as simple as that.  

+100

Fuck all them sheep followers. They remind me of lemmings following rpietila off the cliff.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:24:48 PM

When trolls attack new tv show. Cheesy
oliveforever

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:29:36 PM

Anonymint, in reply to you deleted post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BldQ7P2CEAAbtQm.png

This is szabo.The reason gavin andresen pic shows up when searching for szabo is what is known as SEO (not a conspiracy)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:29:43 PM

Fuck all them sheep followers. They remind me of lemmings following rpietila off the cliff.

Kinda reminds me of you touting shitcoins having superior tech and soon-to-da-moon-prices when in fact they have nothing yet and when they finally do, it sucks.
TheFascistMind

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:37:30 PM

BCX HAS killed numerous coins, and AM saying it is real is a rather scary thing, but most are holding so far, congrats

I have clarified that I am not saying that. And jl777 clarified that I clarified that.
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:39:28 PM

I do remember rpietila specifically recommending some fairly conservative ratios with regard to speculations in XMR vs holdings in BTC. So many of these people who have seemingly gone 'all in' have done so against the advice of people they're supposed to be following.

True, I remember that. I think the number was something like 40/1 but I might be mistaken. It was definitely a recommendation to keep your XMR exposure limited relative to BTC and also I think to keep your BTC exposure limited as well.

It is funny how people cherry pick the quotes they want to make a point and ignore others.

I expect that things will calm down with regard to Monero rhetoric after all that has happened in the last month. The amount of drama has been unparalleled and spawned zealotry on both sides.

I hope you are right!

People should always remember that many of the people they follow are already wealthy individuals who can afford to lose. Just because they speculate on something doesn't mean that you should too. Everyone needs to be in control of their own personal financial situation and take some responsibility.

Well said, especially the part about other people you may follow being wealthy and not to be copied by others in a very different position.

Nice post!

The fact is risto made a colossal fuck up in predicting 1 Million USD BTC price within 2014 to his followers before he was involuntarily detained in pyschiatric facility in finland. (He sold before the peak)

Now he is again in his manic phase- he predicts XMR will go up a thousand times. Surely he will be back in padded cell again soon, not before dumping his load all on unexpecting noobs

Risto could buy all XMR in existence with his stash of BTC, you dont know what you are talking about and should ask for return of money for your 101 psychology course. You failed.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:43:06 PM

rpietila is the prophet of delusional and greedy people, those who believe him and agree with his nonsense are usually the ones that couldn't achieve anything in life and have no way or even hope to achieve anything by working innovating inventing or leading,  so the only hope they see is Bitcoin making their lives better and thinking they will be as lucky as rpietila, logically this becomes their faith and Risto become their prophet... as simple as that.   

So imagine what we think about you.

I don't know what you think about me, all I know is that I don't agree/tolerate and hate the nonsense rpietila is planting into this community, it makes the whole scene looks like an organized ponzi, we don't need people like him around, he has zero real contribution to this community. 
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:46:43 PM

Risto could buy all XMR in existence with his stash of BTC, you dont know what you are talking about and should ask for return of money for your 101 psychology course. You failed.

how big is his stash ? I challenge you to ask him to sing a message with his biggest holdings to show all you noobs licking his ass how wrong you are, you keep talking about his holdings like he is satoshi, but even if he did many guys hold ten thousands of Bitcoin that don't act as arrogant as him.
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:51:09 PM

I don't agree/tolerate and hate the nonsense rpietila is planting into this community

I think everyone knows about your obsession by now. You're by far the person that posts the more about Risto on this forum, and it's always the same content. Even if rpietila is everything you say he is, it's still very touching to see how you focus on him in particular, considering the gigantic amount of scammers and criminals that pollute this space and the rain of lies and slander we constantly swim into.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: