Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632640 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
proride

Activity: 367
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 07:23:32 PM

So, what the real pluses after eating it? What the difference btwn eating the cheapest food?

What i've to consume after 100 CAN for getting pluses?

All item healthiness' are listed in numeral values in the item title and description. For example health of MEAD is 1, BEER is 2, WINEs higher depending on maturity. Cheapest CAN is health 1 and other wisdom products (CIG, SHI, MUS etc) have higher health benefit.

Additional health points can be obtained from consuming something for the first time (variety bonus) and consuming something every day (time bonus loads by 2 health points each real-hour)

Ok! TY!
So, how mush HP Ive to consume to change health from Brutal to Powerful? 4 exmpl

Powerful is better then Satisfying?
I consumed 100 meat - Powerful
I consumed 100 mead - effective
I consumed 2 musrooms - effective
I consumed 2 W1620 - Satisfying

Sad

Roopatra has written the excellent Health Guide that is best accessed through our Gamepedia-based Wiki, and here's a direct link:
http://cryptokingdom.gamepedia.com/Health_Guide#Effectiveness_of_food_and_drinks

In the items you can also see a number like "(H:5)", this is for example much better than "(H:2)" if you're trying to decide between two alternatives as this is the health "raw value" before any bonuses per each consumed unit.

As you can see yes, Powerful is better than Satisfying Smiley
For others, feel free to contribute to the Wiki and also please try to note if and when there's urgent needs! There's already quite a lot of content there that can be easily accessed instead of having to do archeological excavations in this thread.

No, the reason was, that im consuming more an more, but become weaker!
So I consumed 100 meat - Powerful first
I consumed 100 mead - effective after first consumshion
I consumed 2 musrooms - effective next
I consumed 2 W1620 - Satisfying next

So, if i eat more and better food, i become more healthy, but i became weaker!((

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊ THE SAFEST WAY TO BE ONLINE: BLOCKCHAIN VPN┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊
█ █ █ █ █ █  Medium Twitter Discord Reddit TelegramFacebook Whitepaper  █ █ █ █ █  
Syksy

Activity: 260
Merit: 105

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:34:45 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2016, 12:13:36 PM by Syksy

So, if i eat more and better food, i become more healthy, but i became weaker!((

I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding the issue at hand, but I think you may be missing some of the more advanced mechanics that are explained in Roopatra's guide, so I would advice to read it with a deep thought. http://cryptokingdom.gamepedia.com/Health_Guide

For example;
- When you first time consume a particular health-related good (for example, the first consume for MEAT this year), you will gain a bonus for up to 50 units. So the first 50 MEAT you consume in a particular year is stronger than if you consume 50 MEAT again that year.
- You get a time bonus while not consuming, up to 20 hours I believe. So there's a clock ticking that will give your next consume a raw bonus +health, which reaches its cap in 20 hours. So if you keep a break and consume "evenly" during the week, you will gain this bonus to the max. It will also distort the fact that your first consume after a break will be a bit more effective than if you consume something else right after, as your bonus counter has gone to zero.
- There's a variety bonus, encouraging one to consume different types rather than large quantities of a single type.

I hope these will help explain why it works how it does. The subgame is not revealed in full by the designer, but instead above and many strategies have been found out by experimenting, so there is no correct answer. Instead one should try find their optimal strategy that also incorporates factors such as (i) do you wanto reach None-challenge every year or can you afford to take a hit; (ii) what goods can you afford yearly, of course you cannot overspend and everybody eventually dies; (iii) older characters get harder challenges so at some point it just becomes overwhelmingly hard and you might want to consider moving on to a heir, and so forth.
Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 05:13:20 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2016, 03:47:36 PM by Roopatra

Crypto Kingdom Summer Games

It is summertime in the Northern Hemisphere and many are enjoying their summer holidays in the next months. Crypto Kingdom also has some cool new Summer Games; participate and win medals! Summer Games start right now, and last until midnight on the 15th of August. You can participate in any of the games with any type of account (PC/Corp/FOC). After the deadline has passed I will ask all participants to show how they did in the quests and the winners of each Quest will receive Town Medals.

Storytelling Quest
Participate by writing about your character or role-play in this thread, you can also organize a live-role play in the chatroom, or something else. Be creative, this one should be fun! Three best storytellers (by popular vote) will win medals.

New Player Quest
Participate by recruiting 3 new players (only new controllers, no alt accounts). Anyone who completes this quest wins Town Medal.

Big Builder Quest
Participate by building as many sqm of New Buildings as you can! Keep track of your score, and to quality you should be able to show the build year as 1646 or newer. (repairs are not calculated in the sqm, only new buildings) Three biggest builders win a medal.

Daddy Deposit Quest
Participate by Depositing XMR during the competition (only deposits from 1646 and newer are calculated, only deposits through Saddam's depository are calculated, OTC deals do not qualify for this quest). Three biggest Depositors win a medal.

CK will pause instead
proride

Activity: 367
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:57:59 AM

I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding the issue at hand, but I think you may be missing some of the more advanced mechanics that are explained in Roopatra's guide, so I would advice to read it with a deep thought. http://cryptokingdom.gamepedia.com/Health_Guide

For example;
- When you first time consume a particular health-related good (for example, the first consume for MEAT this year), you will gain a bonus for up to 50 units. So the first 50 MEAT you consume in a particular year is stronger than if you consume 50 MEAT again that year.
- You get a time bonus while not consuming, up to 20 hours I believe. So there's a clock ticking that will give your next consume a raw bonus +health, which reaches its cap in 20 hours. So if you keep a break and consume "evenly" during the week, you will gain this bonus to the max. It will also distort the fact that your first consume after a break will be a bit more effective than if you consume something else right after, as your bonus counter has gone to zero.
- There's a variety bonus, encouraging one to consume different types rather than large quantities of a single type.

I hope these will help explain why it works how it does. The subgame is not revealed in full by the designer, but instead above and many strategies have been found out by experimenting, so there is no correct answer. Instead one should try find their optimal strategy that also incorporates factors such as (i) do you wanto reach None-challenge every year or can you afford to take a hit; (ii) what goods can you afford yearly, of course you cannot overspend and everybody eventually dies; (iii) older characters get harder challenges so at some point it just becomes overwhelmingly hard and you might want to consider moving on to a heir, and so forth.

TY!!

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊ THE SAFEST WAY TO BE ONLINE: BLOCKCHAIN VPN┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊
█ █ █ █ █ █  Medium Twitter Discord Reddit TelegramFacebook Whitepaper  █ █ █ █ █  
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 11:24:56 AM

Crypto Kingdom will go on pause for the summer

* Time will be stopped;
* During the period that time is stopped, nothing will happen in the game;
* Development continues during the pause;
* When the game is resumed, it happens in the new Clans platform; all login+password will be the same, all money, land, buildings and items will be the same.

Most of the detailed questions will find the answer just by thinking: "The game goes on pause so that time is not moving. What can happen if no time passes? Nothing." If this leaves questions open, the admins:

SirJacket (Mayor)
Mooo (deputy GM)
saddam (treasurer)
Syksy (all-around good guy)
Roopatra (wiki editor)
and others will help. No help is needed of course since there is nothing that needs reaction - we decided to make this so that there is no need to make any changes or think. Just a summer break, and when it ends, the game is back even cooler.

The theory and practice of successful MMO RPG development knows the ebb and flow of player interest, and it is normal and smart to recharge interest by having a break when the community seems to require it. After a few months, the game is much fresher to play both because it has not been a forced weekly exercise for too long, and because there are nice new features, graphics etc.

Features of Clans (specification as of now):

100   Main   ORGANISATION, ADMIN TRAINING, OUTREACH, DOCUMENTATION
110   CKIP   CKIP
130   DataCheck   lots, items, clans, etc data check and fix
140   AdminTrain   Admin levels and training system
141   Admin-Lots   Admin treatment in lot splitting etc
150   NewGM   New Full-Time GM trainee
160   Wiki   Getting wiki relevant, reasonably complete and uptodate.

200   Commoners   COMMONERS, TUTORIAL, QUESTS, PRODUCTION->CONSUMPTION
210   ClansConsume   Annual Consumption Challenge; NPC hosted by player accounts
240   Professions   commoner professions; New commoner economic principle (no salary)
250   Quests   Quests (incl Tutorial)
260   CommonerPromo   Automatic commoner promotion (based on new EXP)
270   Production   prod shares rehaul
280   MainUI-update   Rethinking of the main UI, positioning of elements

300   Lots   URBAN LAND, LOTS, BUILDINGS
310   LotLayoutEditor   User/Admin editor to produce a birds eye view of the lot
320   TownMapChapView   Parser collects them and shows a chapelry birds eye as default chapelry view
330   LotNewFeatures   Lot datatype edit, merge chapelry params to lots and "abolish" chapelry except as geographical designation; Lot-specific quarry, farm and grow weed, building, and designation as park
340   LotsInCommands   Lots completely work in commands
350   WoodBuilding   Wood Building Module
360   BuildActions   Build actions (New, Repair, Quick repair, Lux upg, Facade upg, Increase of floors, Change Windows, Demolish) work as intended

400   Items   ITEMS, MARKETPLACE, COMMANDS, AND RELATED
410   ItemsGrouping   Grouping items partly player-controlled
420   AreYouSure   New newb friendly command box
430   CommandBox-SE   only one command box in bottom-right
440   ItemDatatype   Item datatype quick fix

500   Misc   MISCELLANEOUS NEW FEATURES AND FIXES
510   TownMapSmall   Town Map (just the image)
520   GameStats   General Game Stats infopage
530   MarketStats   Consumables Market infopage

600      BACKEND RELATED
610   ChangelogComprs   changelog compression
620   Mongo   Mongo DB

Some might have noticed that I took a whole month off from this forum as an announcement tool. That was not a good idea - it contributed to the fast downfall of communication in the game in the past weeks. So when we put the game back online, this forum will be a main way to announce it. Reading the ingame billboard will also give enough info.

Important information:
* It is not allowed to leave game balances negative during the break. This is a serious offence because 1) it is not allowed and everyone knows it 2) we do not run fractional reserve. Please fix the situation immediately. You are held responsible for your clan members' negative balances and it is possible that the whole clan is foreclosed and all assets sold as we move to the pause.

More info will follow by the admins posting here. Thank you for this growth spurt of 1600-1647, looking forward to the next one! Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:55:16 AM

Hear hear.

Let it be known that Saddam's Depository will be open for deposits and withdrawals as long as the changelog is active. If you have intended to make a withdrawal in the near future, please do so before the pause. Otherwise, your M balance will remain safely frozen until the game returns.

If you need to clear up a negative balance, please visit https://deposit.cryptokingdomgold.com for deposit info.

To reiterate, while the game is on pause withdrawals will be frozen.

Reasons:
The current withdrawal process requires that you initiate the transfer of M to New. Without this,
- I cannot verify that you are actually in control of your account.
- I cannot verify your actual M balance.

Thank you for your understanding!

Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:25:42 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2016, 09:17:04 PM by Syksy

Dear all NPCC competitors,

first of all, I want to thank you all for bearing with the long and hard competition! The new wine-consumption system has been a success and have really spiced up the wine markets, and I think the double suits worth has been also a good change. I appreciate everybody's effort and I hope to see an exciting finale in the competition.

That being said, I must warn you that the destiny of the NPCC competition is open after/during the pause. Please note this during the last few days before the pause, which is planned to take place in the year change.
It is very possible that the whole competition will end after the pause, since the planned CLANS-module will at least partially overlap or even completely replace the current NPCC system. PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT IN YOUR DECISIONS.

Furthermore, I need to highlight (unfortunately I cannot yet confirm), that if the NPCC competition ends at 1647 pause at year change, the suits will again be worth much more; in previous competitions this last suits bonus has been 10-fold, while now we are giving 2-fold points for suits every year. Therefore, we reserve the right to change the last year suits bonus to 10-fold multiplied (or similar) after the pause, if the competition is decided to end (5 times more worth than it is currently, since it has been weighted 2-fold during the competition). I'm afraid I cannot yet give you a guaranteed answer to this as we are yet to be sure in what status the CLANS module is when gameplay is resumed.

The intention for the 10-fold weighting of suits at the end of each competition has been to reward players who have aimed at a sustainable economy for clothing and to reward them for the hypothetical years to come, as they have invested in suits that last a longer term than the ordinary consumables.

For your convenience I have given score sums for the so-far competition in the google sheet ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tgIzgMza7NQsTpMO9pHke1ZVXYH7l5Sj5bHdZHItivo/edit#gid=1569380517 ) . You may use these for guidance in your decision making, but please remember that the suits weighting for year 1647 is still open (it's probably either 2x or 10x).

For any further questions please contact me and good luck all in what might be the final rush!

EDIT: As confirmed below by HM, suits will instead be sold and credited for points using the M values at the end of the competition.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:22:14 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2016, 05:43:55 PM by rpietila

10. When the module [Clans] opens, there is first a 2 year grace that the lacking number of suits will not cause penalty to the owner of the NPC. Then, according to my discernment (which will be communicated as it comes), the penalty will take 5-10 years to rise to the planned level approximately linearly. At the same time the happiness bonus for having excess suits will start from a higher-than-normal value and decrease to the planned level approximately linearly.
11. The NPCC remaining suits will be sold at market when the NPCC ends, so that the NPCC will get points for the money raised. The money goes to Town in the end. This procedure will be announced in advance so that at least 48 hours is given for placing the bids before the dump may start, and the total liquidation time is a year.

It is likely that the NPCC will close as planned. They will get to sell the suits to the market as explained above, and benefit directly of the full value of the suits as the money received will yield points. Even if that, for some reason, does not happen, their full value will be taken into account as Syksy explained.

In any case, the NPCC need not do anything now. Or anyone else. The game is paused, and will wake up from the very same situation. Enjoy the break!  Cheesy

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 06:28:57 PM

It is likely that the NPCC will close as planned. They will get to sell the suits to the market as explained above, and benefit directly of the full value of the suits as the money received will yield points. Even if that, for some reason, does not happen, their full value will be taken into account as Syksy explained.

In any case, the NPCC need not do anything now. Or anyone else. The game is paused, and will wake up from the very same situation. Enjoy the break!  Cheesy

Does this mean we can log in on a view only mode or will logins be disabled.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 01:24:00 PM

Does this mean we can log in on a view only mode or will logins be disabled.

As you have noticed and most at the IRC channel, only the time/calendar related events have been paused, e.g. production and spoilage of certain goods, progression of age and health challenge etc.
So in theory one can still function at the Agora market as normal, if I have understood correctly, which at least I don't mind.
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 01:32:23 PM

Lets say I want to buy a quantity of CKGold, do I need to play the game or is there an investor-only option for joining Crypto Kingdom?

There is an investor-only option available. You need to create a FOC account,but there is a fee of 50 XMR if I remember well. Please take into account that the game is in a PAUSE at the moment for further development and it will resume again in some weeks,so now you can't make any actions.  Wink
ChrisPop
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 01:48:24 PM

Lets say I want to buy a quantity of CKGold, do I need to play the game or is there an investor-only option for joining Crypto Kingdom?

There is an investor-only option available. You need to create a FOC account,but there is a fee of 50 XMR if I remember well. Please take into account that the game is in a PAUSE at the moment for further development and it will resume again in some weeks,so now you can't make any actions.  Wink

Friend of the Court? Cool  Grin, I'll wait the game resume to buy into then!

FOC actually stands for Foreign Owned Corporation.  Grin It is a great option for people who don't have time to play,but only want to invest in the game.  Check out this wiki page http://cryptokingdom.gamepedia.com/Foreign_Owned_Corporation to find out more.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 08:32:04 PM

Just stopped by to say hi Smiley I have enjoyed the summer break, and the opportunity to reset. Development is going on by the wizard all the time, and I will re-join active duty soon as well. Post your greetings here likewise! Smiley

rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 08:37:02 PM

Just stopped by to say hi Smiley I have enjoyed the summer break, and the opportunity to reset. Development is going on by the wizard all the time, and I will re-join active duty soon as well. Post your greetings here likewise! Smiley

Aloha!
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 08:56:09 PM

Aloha!

Your pic makes me happy  Cheesy

luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:11:45 PM

Aloha!

Your pic makes me happy  Cheesy

Hello, YM. Glad to hear all is well.
Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 09:13:40 PM

Hello there!

I hope to hop on a holiday soon too...
Wizard Developer P.J.

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 12:16:08 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2016, 10:41:06 AM by Wizard Developer P.J.

Hello everyone,

I hope you enjoy your holiday Smiley

As it is previously announced , after 1 of playing CryptoKingdom Ultima game in new interface with more interactivity than ever, there is a moment to step into next stage of development.

New stage is called CryptoKingdom Clans and, sure, we have new logo too:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BySGTS-P87aeeUhNVmt3Qlg5Rzg/view?usp=sharing

Let me mention only a few things which will be part of:
- improved command line   
   Now is everywhere you go, accessible in every moment of playing
   Also, it is more secure one too! It will ask you to confirm every order before you execute it, just to make you sure.
   No more issues with pressing enter in the middle of command!

- Edit your home the way you want it
  Place your house, garden and all other elements where you want it. That layout will become visible on global map of the chapelry too.. So, our CK world will start displaying real lots and houses..

- Quests
  This one will be huge Smiley
  It will provide you extra source to earn some good new objects or M, but also help you to learn game concepts and mechanics faster and more convenient..

- Background tech improvements
  We did a lot of technical improvements in background in order to speed it up and make more stabile

Looking forward to see you there enjoying in results of hour hard work, once game summer pause is finish.

Let games beggins! Smiley
ChrisPop
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 05:25:38 PM

These are great news PJ! But can you give us an estimate time of when the game will resume? btw the new logo link does not work. It says forbidden access. Wink
Wizard Developer P.J.

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 10:44:15 AM

These are great news PJ! But can you give us an estimate time of when the game will resume? btw the new logo link does not work. It says forbidden access. Wink

Thanks for notification and sorry for issue with link. It should work properly now.

Regarding estimation, we will need to wait for King to sync our teams before starting game, but I expect to activate it very soon Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: