Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
noms

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:14:42 AM

PGC shareholder proposal:

As a large CKG investor in Palazzo Gaming Corp, I noticed we have accumulated a fair amount of CKG dividends. The current M balance of PGC is at 493 mil. Based on my calculations from the changelog, PGC has earned 454,847,180 m on dividends since 1630 alone (did not calculate further).

I propose that PGC donates 200 mil to PJ to assuage his negative balance. It was an unfortunate misunderstanding, and no one could foresee the consequences of what would happen.

I don't believe this will be detrimental at all to the operations of PGC, when it was active I recall a starting balance of 200 mil or so. Furthermore, I believe it will do much more good in lifting the morale of our Kingdom's developer. Let's show our support for him!

If other PGC shareholders agree, please cast your votes in support of this proposal.

Saddam: 1,529 shares
Riddick: 240 shares

1769/10000 S-PGC in support of donating 200 mil to PJ (143).

The starting balance was 600m if I recall correctly, not 200m. It has been whittled down by repurchasing tokens from players, so even after gold dividends and game revenue it has lost 107m. As CEO of this company, I do not think that giving out 200m of palazzo corp funds is in the best interests of this company. We have yet to pay a dividend to all shareholders, and it is well past due--investors need something for building the company. So if the decision is based solely on what the CEO believes will help the company, I vote no for this proposal.

On the other hand, I have compassion on a personal level, and as one of the largest shareholders (if not the largest) with 2800 shares, I would consider donating 100m to PJ of the company funds. I would also ask the shareholders of other corporations to follow suit with similar proposals if they have any spare funds. There is no reason PGC needs to be the only company that donates.

Monero.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:24:25 AM

I propose that PGC donates 200 mil to PJ to assuage his negative balance.

On the other hand, I have compassion on a personal level, and as one of the largest shareholders (if not the largest) with 2800 shares, I would consider donating 100m to PJ of the company funds. I would also ask the shareholders of other corporations to follow suit with similar proposals if they have any spare funds. There is no reason PGC needs to be the only company that donates.

As the 3rd largest holder, I have difficulty choosing between the generous proposals of the largest and the second largest, so I will abstain from voting, as long as 100 mil minimum is donated.

This also serves as an example for other companies that have excess liquidity. Of course it is not expected that a small company would donate as much as the mighty PGC, but the culture of donation and helping out has always been in CK and is one of the reasons it has weathered out the storms so far.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 10:22:41 AM

Three market questions: What gives us the highest book value, what gives us the most liquidity, and what gives us the largest growth going into the future?

Ck to my mind, is a way for cc investors to swap devolving assets for cash in the form of XMR, if they want to hold and trade game assets, they should be given every opportunity, but it should be our job to make sure that CK remains slightly ahead of XMR as a means of profit--there must be proven companies in the network to create surplus value in the form of entertainment and service--without these, XMR rises and we sink.

PGC is a prime example of what we need, if we can attach CON pairs of devaluing assets to gambling, while keeping it within the confines of video game regulation, that's a gold-mine.

Another thought would be to attach quests with actual crowd funding--my earlier post about the search for The Book of Thoth could be an actual crowd sourcing for an achelaogical dig in Cairo--money may make the game intense, but reality makes it real.

Counties should be incentivized with franchise markets, such as exclusive rights that can be passed on to further land dispersals, via open source platforms. This is a franchise and all revenue sources should be shared and creative compettion should create augmentation and lasting appeal through DIY commerce.

I think this basic agenda fufils free market obligations by leveraging libertarian ideals into the reality of changing regulations.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 11:13:32 AM

Can't we just convert everything to S-HODL and have a buy back or smelting program for gold items? I think maintaining the liquidity that one asset gives you lessens the burden on government procedures and increases the overall value of the game.

@Smooth, please chime in as I think S-HOLD's ratio will be of interest here.

The proposal to merge CKG with CON is similar. S-HODL would following such a merger be holding a single asset, and may or may not itself continue to be necessary depending on the nature of the new asset (I suppose automatic and passive dividend reinvestment will continue to be a useful purpose).

Syksy

Activity: 260
Merit: 105

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:06:47 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2016, 02:18:01 PM by Syksy

New Start(TM)

I know PJ's extremely busy with the Clans module, but perhaps an in-game voting system could be implemented. It would read a character's CK amount (I take it this will now be implemented as proposed above, which sounds fair enough for me), and CK holders (or possibly even non-CK holders) could propose edicts to construct this constitution. Then with a timer (e.g. few days, a week, or something), characters with CK could vote "1) In favor; 2) Favor with modifications; 3) Not in favor" along with a comment box. A basic in-game survey in other words, with a weighted voting according to CK.

Right now I think we're losing a lot of effort due to merging information from multiple sources (multiple posts, IRC real-time and back-logs, etc), while such an edict voting system would at least give a systematic in-game mechanic to determine what the consensus is while also recording these voting(s) and people's opinions in an concise manner. Right now going back in the thread to read everybody's opinions and propositions is quite confusing, as discussions jump back and forth.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 02:10:45 PM

New Start(TM)

I know PJ's extremely busy with the Clans module, but perhaps an in-game voting system could be implemented. It would read a character's CK amount (I take it this will now be implemented as proposed above, which sounds fair enough for me), and CK holders (or possibly even non-CK holders) could propose edicts to construct this constitution. Then with a timer (e.g. few days, a week, or something), characters with CK could vote "1) In favor; 2) Favor with modifications; 3) Not in favor" along with a comment box. A basic in-game survey in other words, with a weighted voting according to CK.

Right now I think we're losing a lot of effort due to merging information from multiple sources (multiple posts, IRC, etc), while such an edict voting system would at least give a systematic in-game mechanic to determine what the consensus is.

A ballot box would be a great feature. How would it be implemented? And could we take opinions on the non-constitutional items in the meantime?

(also figured out that / means per, which is good)

Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:04:30 PM

A ballot box would be a great feature. How would it be implemented? And could we take opinions on the non-constitutional items in the meantime?

- -

I threw together a tongue-in-cheek example to illustrate what I was thinking of, to help administrate such re-writing of a constitution:

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 04:35:33 PM

This was not an easy choice for me
the game is already in quite good hands
and the Kingdom is filled with more deserving
of the honor of serving CK's lands.
I will try to be a good king, an honest king
and a fair king--the role will not be easy.
I count HM as a friend, his mentoring
has taught us all and fealty
to the state and his vision will remain
the greatest asset of this game.

your humble servant, Crichton

Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 06:55:14 PM

- -

If the leader of the nation is weak, all evils prey upon the peaceful people. After long and careful meditation, having the best interests of our people in mind, I have decided to abdicate in favor of HE Prince Crichton of Plath.

- -

Ohh, this turn of events came as a surprise at least for me.
Hail to the new King and congratulations!

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 08:14:46 PM

- -

If the leader of the nation is weak, all evils prey upon the peaceful people. After long and careful meditation, having the best interests of our people in mind, I have decided to abdicate in favor of HE Prince Crichton of Plath.

- -

Ohh, this turn of events came as a surprise at least for me.
Hail to the new King and congratulations!

Thanks, your proposal for an automated voting system is interesting--can anyone provide any feedback on interest or implementation? Also, ArticMine has put forward a proposal of a 75% needed majority vote--please feel free to chime in with any thoughts.

To keep this as cordial as possible, let's dispense with HM on BCT when we are in forum mode--for announcements it's expected, but for strategy and business and debate it seems unnatural. Let's keep it honest, direct, and to the point--and don't shy away from questioning my thought process, I'm smart enough to know that I'm wrong about most everything, but confident enough to live with my short comings. 

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2016, 01:45:20 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2016, 02:07:03 AM by generalizethis

The new king woke after a couple hours of sleep--he knew he couldn't get back to sleep and thought of the problems facing the Kingdom--and what to call himself? Which seemed like the most immediate problem despite the enormity of the Kingdom's responsibilities...

I could hear my footsteps echo through its chambers, like the ever present problems: fix the CON/CKG ratio and bring unity to the People's finances , bring in investment to grow and flourish and bring innovation to our lands, to have our lands a beacon of hope for the weary traveler who wanders from the four corners of the globe in search adventure, fortune--

We need to estimate our goal, a general cannot send his men into battle with the right strategy, the right tactics, without first knowing the measure of victory. Without a clear goal, the battle cry is confused before it has begun. Our goal, if we are to be victorious and hold these lands to the promise of our forefathers, will be a $100,000,000 evaluation by this time next year. That is a number I can sleep on, a number that shows that our superior strategy, our superior tactics, and our toughness is the envy of every fighting force in the world, that our reason is sound and our methods pure, and that we have put to good use the arms and valor that destiny has bestowed upon us.

As for a name, I leave that to the People.

My plan is to give all companies that create franchise portals, as PGC did, exclusive rights to their profits until such time as counties open up, and then they can negotiate terms with the counties. This is a plan made with little knowledge of the current rules, so I will put it forward that the constitution should reflect this open source theme in all matters, the state should grow tax revenue through the success of these programs, as they will guide players to our kingdom and grow the user base organically, and in surprising ways.

CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 02:23:38 AM

Haile Selassie ... make the rastafarians happy ... CAN would moon
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 02:54:25 AM

As a large CKG investor in Palazzo Gaming Corp, I noticed we have accumulated a fair amount of CKG dividends. The current M balance of PGC is at 493 mil. Based on my calculations from the changelog, PGC has earned 454,847,180 m on dividends since 1630 alone (did not calculate further).

I propose that PGC donates 200 mil to PJ to assuage his negative balance. It was an unfortunate misunderstanding, and no one could foresee the consequences of what would happen.

I don't believe this will be detrimental at all to the operations of PGC, when it was active I recall a starting balance of 200 mil or so. Furthermore, I believe it will do much more good in lifting the morale of our Kingdom's developer. Let's show our support for him!

If other PGC shareholders agree, please cast your votes in support of this proposal.

Saddam: 1,529 shares
Riddick: 240 shares

1769/10000 S-PGC in support of donating 200 mil to PJ (143).

The starting balance was 600m if I recall correctly, not 200m. It has been whittled down by repurchasing tokens from players, so even after gold dividends and game revenue it has lost 107m. As CEO of this company, I do not think that giving out 200m of palazzo corp funds is in the best interests of this company. We have yet to pay a dividend to all shareholders, and it is well past due--investors need something for building the company. So if the decision is based solely on what the CEO believes will help the company, I vote no for this proposal.

Thank you for correcting me on the starting balance and expenses.

I would not want to unfairly tax the shareholders of PGC for this donation, 100mil sounds like a safe amount.

On the other hand, there are only 271/6241 CR1625E tokens outstanding (total value of 47 mil at current CKG midprice) that don't already belong to PGC or Coinshop, so when gambling is resumed there should be plenty of cash flowing in if players want to play.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2016, 03:15:37 AM

If I'm not mistaken, KronicBlazer from the County of Grass has dibs on that title.

CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:25:48 AM

If I'm not mistaken, KronicBlazer from the County of Grass has dibs on that title.

Ok then ... as monarchs go Haile was a pretty good one, you could  do a lot worse  as inspiration for your reign
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2016, 03:46:12 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2016, 07:18:03 AM by generalizethis

Analysis of capabilities of the CK system (it took over a year of playing to learn the intricacies of Risto's design, now I want to make a few tweaks and ride this Black Hydra)

It's hard to call it a system--I'd prefer to call it a systems platform capable of launching multiple attacks within the framework of an open source integration system--why don't I call it a system outright --I doubt it can be controlled. When this Hydra is let loose it will spawn into an array of money laundering heads of states. It fears no one because no one can chop off all the heads before they start spawning new heads. You can attempt to blow it to smithereens but since it has liquidity it absorbs attacks with ease--and since it's powered by XMR--it has superior cash qualities-- without the rule of law. You can attempt to change gaming regulations, but it won't have any three heads contained at once. You throw it a bone and let it guard your house.

Where this really gets interesting is when you attach assets within the open source system and bid, sell, and repackage them for a trading experience 24/7 with assets that turn on a dime--coke dealers can sell back options to traders more addicted to gaming than pure Peruvian bliss. This is the Deluezean dream of capitalism that's gotten way too big, way too fast and lost everyone on the speed dial.

What is being done here is the Nietschean now-your-evil-now-your-savior hokus-pokus that redefines generations. This game combines the RISK of financial ruin with the grace of Civilization while letting you drift through the ever changing dynamics of real life converging to a new VR Mad Max economy. This is the market that trades billions and makes legends--play at your own peril.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 01:14:00 PM

Service announcement:

Automatic deposits will be down for the next 12-24 hours while I migrate to a better equipped server. I had planned it to be a seamless process and nobody would know anything happened, but the daemon keeps freezing, now stuck 624 blocks behind and not moving after a restart.

Until then, deposits will be manually credited so please allow a little extra time.

Thank you!

Roopatra

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:12:07 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2016, 05:00:10 PM by Roopatra

Announcing Land Auction in 9-C

The new land, it looks beautiful: the land is flat throughout and it is solid to allow construction, the surrounding chapelries will quarry all the stone needed for constructing wonderful palaces and other interesting buildings. With some imagination we could build this chapelry most pleasing to the eye! Phaeton Boulevard has been zoned across the chapelry reaching from north to south and this 20 meter wide boulevard lined with leafy trees connects directly to borough 3. Wide roads connect the central chapelry to the western and eastern chapelries as well. There are beautiful public gardens for any passerby to enjoy.

Almost a year after the initial announcement land is for sale in 9-C again. In the original sale the price per sqm was 0,1 XMR /sqm. Times are different now, and land will sell for 1/20th of the original price; only 0,005 XMR /sqm. Most of the lots also contain building which is extra income for the buyer. Amazing deals are to be had!

https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/904 800sqm / building included / 4mil
https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/905 600sqm / building included / 3mil Withdrawn from market. I will build here myself Smiley
https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/907 600sqm / building included / 3mil
https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/909 600sqm / building included / 3mil
https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/913 400sqm / building included / 2mil SOLD!
https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/914 400sqm / building included / 2mil SOLD!
https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/938 100sqm / 0,5mil SOLD!
https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/943 100sqm / 0,5mil

All lots are listed for sale in the Agora at these low prices and can be bought there directly, so act quick to get the best ones.

Two important things to point out when considering the purchase of land:
1. Most of the lots for sale already contain buildings, which you can use as it is, or demolish to get the building materials back and build something else on the lot. The building on the lot is an extra gift for the buyer, already included in the land sale price.
2. B.9 land used to be so called extra taxed land, which is now abolished to make the land similar to that of other boroughs. Instead the tax will be paid off as a one-time payment, (pending suggestion is 5,000 moneritos /sqm), this one time payment will be paid by the new owner to redeem the land.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 04:20:56 AM

It has been well over 24 hours and no shares have been GIVEn to smoothQC. Thus it appears on one wants to participate in the auction and it is cancelled.

Was waiting for more details before deciding--not about the auction, but if you would participate yourself.

I'll repost this here:

If anyone wants to be included in the auction, GIVE your shares to smoothQC. Any shares so GIVEn will be relisted on the market (details tbd) at a declining price until fully sold. Proceeds will be divided proportionately among participants. Submitting period will be open for 24 hours from this post.

By "tbd" there, I meant and mean, starting price and rate of decline. I had no idea of the state of the market and I still don't. Presumably others don't either, which in part explains the need for an auction. So when the time comes to list shares I will determine appropriate details.

I don't plan to participate. I'm (both directly and via various entities) the largest shareholder of smoothQC. Any action on my part would be a major restructuring. By contrast, I see this auction as being a convenient way for smaller shareholders who wish to liquidate/exit to do so.

Call for shares will reopen for 24 hours.

Once again >24 hours and no shares have been given, so there will be no auction.

I have created a buy(back) wall for all remaining shares at 100000m. I am reasonably confident this is a bad deal for the sellers, but if they want out, they're welcome to get out.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 05:21:24 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2016, 05:48:50 AM by generalizethis

Day One:

Seems there is confusion in the streets as everyone evaluates the reality we are facing, the plan to save the Kingdom, and how to move forward.

The combining of CON to CKG should improve liquidity, make XMR part of the value structure, and give us an asset that can be marketed to exchanges--the demand for the latter is intense, so I think a discussion is in order, though any discussion should be prefaced with the knowledge that it WILL result in an action on the topic. Please feel free to express opinions here as I think this concerns the whole kingdom and will say a great deal about our chances for success going forward, as it seems that having an asset on an exchange would have limited some of the damage done by the XMR price spike--though, how much and to what end, will always remain a mystery.

I've heard concerns from CKG ITEM holders about losing ITEM value, I think this should be a very limited concern, but I'm certainly willing to hear more on the topic. My viewpoint is that we (and I hold a lot of collectibles also) are given CK for all the CKG currently held in the item, so GOLD ITEMS should act as SILVER ITEMS going forward, which have retained collectability despite having no value directly attached to the game's performance--we may actually be better off with this scenario as far as being  collectors and CK holders, as their values wont be tied and the markets will allow for more play between their values.

NPCC players have expressed concerns about when the challenge is actually finished, who pays, and do new events nullify that payment? I do not know the rules of the chamber enough to speculate on this, but so far it seems that TOWN is liable to pay for the challenge, that the prize schedule is the same as previous events, and as far I can tell, there are no plans to default on this obligation, someone who knows the situation more intimately should step in, as we need to hash out the details and allay any fears NPPC players may have--my prize of 100mil is relinquished, so that should help, but I do want the medal as I spent a great deal of time on that challenge and think it's only fair that I get at least a token for the accomplishment.

There are more concerns, but taking an informal consensus of the various chambers and interest, I feel these are the ones most pressing.

Your King,

Crichton

Roopatra and smooth, please contact me at your earliest convenience, I think your voices are respected and needed within the context of current events, and your help will be appreciated to no small degree.

Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: