Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 05:22:44 PM

King, how can I put a bid for the auction? I place a buy order on CK? Or I post it here?

You can place it in game and when the time expires it will be sold into the highest bid.

Glad to see you playing!

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 10:57:59 PM

Update: Dragon Quest

So far the quest has garnered commitments from Syksy, Moneromooo, and RedErin.
Anyone wishing to join in the fun, and danger, please add your name to our list of intrepid hunters.

It has been so long since such a creature has been successfully hunted.
How can one refuse such a noble endeavor.  Though my bones be not what they were, they still do move on most days.  The Duke will commit to this.  What then is life, if we can not live it?  To arms! My loyal retainers and I will mount and ride with the other brave nobility who answer this call to duty.  Any less would be a shame.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 02:07:50 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2016, 02:53:01 AM by generalizethis

O Harvest Moon! Bless and maintain these Noble few
who proudly step forward in fairest view:

Red Erin, who deals subtle magic, enough to turn
pigs into manored arms--a pistol no less
Might or Magic--her di must decide.

Moon, who hangs Fall from Summer--Sysky
Bless this Noble traveler as he vetures forth
reward his Noble steps--a Phrophecy

From MoneroMooo'n, a great hoot
that blows up Adventure from blustry path
may his game reward our group--an ancient

Moon--tell of New Liberty's song
wise as the crickets who serenade
Swans swimming Black on Moon lakes.

Noble Moon, guide us, your Kingdom
that grants us our song--freedom.

oyvkva

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 01:13:52 PM

I just got started with Crypto Kingdom yesterday after checking out Syksy’s video. Even with the game being paused it has been a lot of fun to check out and I’m really enjoying exploring the various parts of the game.

My gaming background is all sorts of MUDs, Utopia, Travian, LoU, RPGs, etc, starting from 20 years back. I love how this game is combing RPGs with empire building and real investments through monero.

What I got to test out so far with the paused version has been buying and selling on the market, exploring the world map and getting items from the explore quests, buying and building land. Since I really enjoy the game I decided to make this post with some feedback, hopefully some of it is useful and still relevant with the new version of the game coming up.

Landing page.
I didn’t sign up the first time I landed on CryptoKingdom.me as there is no information there about what the game is about. Some information and screenshots would have been really nice. I don’t like to sign up to stuff without knowing a least a little bit about what to expect. Just making this visible when logged out would be nice: https://cryptokingdom.me/welcome

Starting out.
A tiny quest line starting out would be nice, leading to making an XMR deposit near at the end maybe? I got the impression from reading the thread that part of the motivation for the game was to increase XMR usage. A link to some post explaining monero would be good too.

Deposit button.
It’s kind of hard figuring out where to go to deposit. It would have been nice with a clearly visible button and also one for withdrawal showing how to go about doing that. I think most people are hesitant to deposit when they don’t know how to withdraw.

World map.
It would have been really nice with a large map that shows everything and you can zoom in from there. Maybe there is one? I have not been able to find it, but just copy paste all the different parts of town into one page would do it Smiley

Buying land.
It was a bit tricky figuring out how to do this. I guess that was because almost no land had an ask price. I got some land in the end and even managed to build an office on it, so it’s all good now Smiley

Viewing other players / Character profile.
Is there any way to view other players? When I explore the land I can see who owns it, but can’t view their profile? I would love to see their profile, who they are, their titles, what other land they own, their fancy robe and swords, levels, etc.

Rankings.
I love ranking lists. Who’s the richest, who has the biggest house, who has the best sword? I can sort the market, but having ranking lists would be awesome. There are just a ton of different ranking lists that could be made with all the data in the game. The list of who had the most culture when dying was kind of hard to find as well.

Chat.
That chat is great Smiley Good to have a link to the chatroom in the menu.

Anyways, I just joined the game so I’m sure I’m missing a lot of stuff, but this was just some initial thoughts. The game is awesome and one of a kind and I am excited to follow it moving forwards.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 03:47:30 AM

Auction Winner:

Lord Syksy won the most ancient and blessed crates, and low and behold what did he find in one but a CR1508E! Congratulations, and may good fortune continue to shine upon you! Smiley

papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:36:03 PM

I just got started with Crypto Kingdom yesterday after checking out Syksy’s video. Even with the game being paused it has been a lot of fun to check out and I’m really enjoying exploring the various parts of the game.

There's great stuff in this post. Good job!
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 12:48:44 AM

I'm wondering if the Noble titles are still related to CKG owned instead of CK?

Looking for a signature campaign.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 01:22:02 AM

I'm wondering if the Noble titles are still related to CKG owned instead of CK?

Good question,

CK days, game, king  and peers determine leveling--the latter two could use whatever game information they want to determine leveling. The complete RULE can be found here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1616976.msg16248896#msg16248896

For my part, things like recommendations, game participation and work performed will figure most in my decisions. PJ was my first promotion and that was a process of: GM's recommendation and worked performed.

It should be noted that  investment also shows confidence in the game and will be considered as game participation.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 02:58:46 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2016, 05:08:54 AM by generalizethis

HMC_

Matters of State:

When our forces ventured south of Plath, a few things of note took place:

First, the locals were fierce guerilla fighters and didn't take kindly to proactive actions--they rallied quickly and mercilessly--they also managed to use the terrain to lock one of our armies in a pitched battle with another force who had been (unluckily?) in the area. Such people would make great allies.

Secondly, there is large swath of land guarded by a subdued populace--their king boasts a mighty fortress and is said to have a vast military. A siege on such a fortress would aided by aerial power--

As for the Dragon Quest, it looks as though we have 4 brave and noble adventurers willing to go North and attempt to secure a Dragon and the treasure and honors that such an undertaking would provide. If a Game Master could be procured and a Quest scheduled, it would help our Adventurers begin.

Anyone with intimate knowledge of Church and Swedish strategic aims and political posture, please Bless us with your insight--this is a delicate time within the larger international foray.

Signed, House of Crichton

jahvascrypt

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 03:07:51 AM

My gaming background is all sorts of MUDs, Utopia, Travian, LoU, RPGs, etc, starting from 20 years back. I love how this game is combing RPGs with empire building and real investments through monero.

What I got to test out so far with the paused version has been buying and selling on the market, exploring the world map and getting items from the explore quests, buying and building land. Since I really enjoy the game I decided to make this post with some feedback, hopefully some of it is useful and still relevant with the new version of the game coming up.

Landing page.
I didn’t sign up the first time I landed on CryptoKingdom.me as there is no information there about what the game is about. Some information and screenshots would have been really nice. I don’t like to sign up to stuff without knowing a least a little bit about what to expect. Just making this visible when logged out would be nice: https://cryptokingdom.me/welcome

Starting out.
A tiny quest line starting out would be nice, leading to making an XMR deposit near at the end maybe? I got the impression from reading the thread that part of the motivation for the game was to increase XMR usage. A link to some post explaining monero would be good too.

Deposit button.
It’s kind of hard figuring out where to go to deposit. It would have been nice with a clearly visible button and also one for withdrawal showing how to go about doing that. I think most people are hesitant to deposit when they don’t know how to withdraw.

World map.
It would have been really nice with a large map that shows everything and you can zoom in from there. Maybe there is one? I have not been able to find it, but just copy paste all the different parts of town into one page would do it Smiley

Buying land.
It was a bit tricky figuring out how to do this. I guess that was because almost no land had an ask price. I got some land in the end and even managed to build an office on it, so it’s all good now Smiley

Viewing other players / Character profile.
Is there any way to view other players? When I explore the land I can see who owns it, but can’t view their profile? I would love to see their profile, who they are, their titles, what other land they own, their fancy robe and swords, levels, etc.

Rankings.
I love ranking lists. Who’s the richest, who has the biggest house, who has the best sword? I can sort the market, but having ranking lists would be awesome. There are just a ton of different ranking lists that could be made with all the data in the game. The list of who had the most culture when dying was kind of hard to find as well.

Chat.
That chat is great Smiley Good to have a link to the chatroom in the menu.

Anyways, I just joined the game so I’m sure I’m missing a lot of stuff, but this was just some initial thoughts. The game is awesome and one of a kind and I am excited to follow it moving forwards.

Another new player here. I was also turned on to this game by Syksy's video on Reddit. The past few days, I have been exploring and sitting in the IRC. As far as my gaming experience goes, its pretty all over the place. MUD's, FPS, MMORPG, MMORTS. I have never played anything remotely similar to this game, but am quite interested in learning. My first impression was that this game is going to have a steep learning curve (for me at least), so immediately I dove into the wiki. I understand it's a work in progress, but I wasn't able to get very much out of the new players guide. I wasn't really sure what I was even supposed to be doing. I ended up playing the lotraffle and exploring the map the first couple of days. I found a lot of the lands to be blacked out and the only way I was able to tell there was anything there was by the lot division option on the side. I think oyvka made a good point with an introductory quest or something to show the user the different facets of the game in the beginning as I'm still kind of unsure what I'm doing, but I am enjoying getting to explore the market and lands and learning about the history and economy. Anyways, that's my two cents. Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself and say hello.

-jahvascrypt(634)
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 03:55:19 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2016, 04:09:09 AM by generalizethis

Crichton's Fine Books and Collectables:

HM1520p @ 20,000,000m

The Marquess Syksy's impeccable taste in coins has led him to purchase this rare find (https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/hm1520p). At a benchmark of 20mil, this purchase sets a record for post-alphabay coin price--though it's substantially less than the coin's historical marker of TIE--a piece of land in the Kingdom that went for 5,000mil.

The Marquess of Maple Leaf will be proud to have this in his showroom for many generations to come--as it's a central show piece and talking point for those interested in coins with history and stature.

located in Historic OldTown West

Syksy

Activity: 260
Merit: 105

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 04:10:30 PM

- -
The Marquess of Maple Leaf will be proud to have this in his showroom for many generations to come--as it's a central show piece and talking point for those interested in coins with history and stature.

- -

This showroom shall be both the forever itching sting in my flesh as well as the pride and joy of my olden days Smiley such fate!
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 07:09:06 PM

The Most Ancient GRAND HOTEL CORPORATION ANNOUCEMENT

In the year 1600, The Most Ancient Grand Hotel Corporation minted 15 coins (GH1600J) and distributed 14 to the 14 shareholders at the time.  (https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/GH1600J)

With the ongoing coin collection contest still underway, it has been decided to auction the last remaining coin to place the final coin into the hands of collectors.  The format will use the new "DUMP" command:

DUMP item_id amount first_price last_price decrease_per_hour

The opening price will be 50,000,000 m and will decrease by 250,000 m every hour.  (assuming the command is working properly Smiley )

If you want the opportunity to own this rare coin, place your bids to catch the falling price!!!
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 08:21:10 PM

Another new player here. I was also turned on to this game by Syksy's video on Reddit. The past few days, I have been exploring and sitting in the IRC. As far as my gaming experience goes, its pretty all over the place. MUD's, FPS, MMORPG, MMORTS. I have never played anything remotely similar to this game, but am quite interested in learning. My first impression was that this game is going to have a steep learning curve (for me at least), so immediately I dove into the wiki. I understand it's a work in progress, but I wasn't able to get very much out of the new players guide. I wasn't really sure what I was even supposed to be doing. I ended up playing the lotraffle and exploring the map the first couple of days. I found a lot of the lands to be blacked out and the only way I was able to tell there was anything there was by the lot division option on the side. I think oyvka made a good point with an introductory quest or something to show the user the different facets of the game in the beginning as I'm still kind of unsure what I'm doing, but I am enjoying getting to explore the market and lands and learning about the history and economy. Anyways, that's my two cents. Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself and say hello.

-jahvascrypt(634)

Welcome to CK!
Bear in mind that the game is in a transition phase and therefore it is functioning mainly as a marketplace, atm. We are all eagerly awaiting the clans expansion.

Also bear in mind that the chapelry (or land) art is user generated and everyone can contribute the missing ones Smiley

@HMC

I must congratulate Our Wise King on the changes made on his property since my last visit. It is fair chapelry indeed.

PS: I can't update the borough image, maybe an admin could help?
jahvascrypt

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:52:00 PM

That is really awesome! I'm assuming there are some kind of guidelines as to user art submissions?
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 03:30:35 AM

That is really awesome! I'm assuming there are some kind of guidelines as to user art submissions?

AFAIK, there aren't any guidelines, but since it is part of UI, it's likely admins will just remove pics if they become a problem--I'm sure some neighborhoods will be better than others in this regard.

The GM could probably speak more to this as there's a chance that it could be viewed as Senate issue and require the writing of Laws. Counties may have differing opinions on how to best represent their landowners.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 03:36:17 AM

@HMC

I must congratulate Our Wise King on the changes made on his property since my last visit. It is fair chapelry indeed.

PS: I can't update the borough image, maybe an admin could help?

TY, image updated. Great work, BTW. Smiley

https://cryptokingdom.me/land/chapelry/9:NE

oyvkva

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 06:12:52 PM

It's so much more fun exploring the map when there are buildings to be seen. Saw more of the older artwork in irc the other day. It was really cool to see the layouts in excel and how much planning and detail had gone into it. I would love to see even more of that actually in the game.

User generated artwork is cool as well as long as it fits well together I think, chapelry/9:NE is looking good  Smiley
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 06:23:02 PM

The Most Ancient GRAND HOTEL CORPORATION ANNOUCEMENT

In the year 1600, The Most Ancient Grand Hotel Corporation minted 15 coins (GH1600J) and distributed 14 to the 14 shareholders at the time.  (https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/GH1600J)

With the ongoing coin collection contest still underway, it has been decided to auction the last remaining coin to place the final coin into the hands of collectors.  The format will use the new "DUMP" command:

DUMP item_id amount first_price last_price decrease_per_hour

The opening price will be 50,000,000 m and will decrease by 250,000 m every hour.  (assuming the command is working properly Smiley )

If you want the opportunity to own this rare coin, place your bids to catch the falling price!!!

This Auction is now live - Be on the lookout and grab it at your price!
Syksy

Activity: 260
Merit: 105

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 02:28:34 PM

Inspired by young Martti's ambitious tailoring branch,
Grizzly Bear announces its branching start-up company, Grizzly Gear and Garments (shortname GrizzlyGear, id 599), which will start to operate in the Clans era!

Grizzly Gear and Garments Company, aka. GGG, has put up its framework for which investors may be interested: https://cryptokingdom.me/player/playerItems/599
At the time being, the company owns over 100 TAI-1:s, amounting to roughly 1/5th of TAI-1s in existence. Its business strategy is similar to Grizzly Bear's so that any profits will be roughly evenly divided as dividends and to expansion of the company.

For those interested, the share is for sale at: https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/S-GGG
For the time being, the shares have been distributed for those providing the start-up money, TAI-1:s, and other assistance (Syksy will be the CEO) with the following distribution as of September 25th (this announcement, total 1000 shares in existence out of which 1/3 are for sale atm by the company itself):
Char : Owned amount (S-GGG)
DJJACKET (31): 50
SYKSY (138): 360
GRIZZLYBEAR (146): 250
GRIZZLYGEAR (599): 340

Looking forward to clothing you and your NPCs Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: