Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 02:33:38 AM

The land and property says its 1milliom M wtf is M ? I know its currency but is a million of is 1 xmr ? There limited amounts or what ?

I want a house and land for 1xmr but I will only get it after the weekend when I'm paid. I dont want to miss out Sad I'm new and have no odes what is going on I just see some opportunity here to make profits while I have fun and increase the value of the xmr and altcoin community.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 02:51:51 AM

The land and property says its 1milliom M wtf is M ? I know its currency but is a million of is 1 xmr ? There limited amounts or what ?

I want a house and land for 1xmr but I will only get it after the weekend when I'm paid. I dont want to miss out Sad I'm new and have no odes what is going on I just see some opportunity here to make profits while I have fun and increase the value of the xmr and altcoin community.

M is the in-game currency. XMR is what you deposit into and withdrawal from the game (instead of euro or dollars like most games).

1,000,000m = 1xmr on deposit or withdrawal. Does that make more sense?

And welcome to the game! Smiley

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 08:00:34 AM

Approximately 7 hours from now. Bring your ideas, opinions, arguments and proposals. Smiley

JasonXG

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:13:30 PM

M is the in-game currency. XMR is what you deposit into and withdrawal from the game (instead of euro or dollars like most games).

Yes thank you that makes perfect sense now. I knew xmr was the main currency just inside if the ingsme currency was still worth xmr or not and Noe I see that it is which is what I wanted. I think less serious games have seperste currencies although you can sometimes buy and sell. Bit in cryptokingdom you dont have to sorry about it.

I will admit though I most have played the "action fast paced and fancy graphic type RPGs" like wow and such. I'm talking about what was said in the beginner guide about if the names suited for you. But I use to play tabletop d & d and consider that roleplaying more then games. Games are great but you can't do what you want. Although elder scrolls does an amazing job especially since players can create stories for others to enjoy in the form of quests.

Cryptokingdom is pretty much like a pen and paper RPG about life and living in an economy. You use your imagination as you would reading a good book. I can see a lot of thought has been taken into making this game. I also am open minded to anything even if it sounds crap at first.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 12:55:16 AM

Yes thank you that makes perfect sense now. I knew xmr was the main currency just inside if the ingsme currency was still worth xmr or not and Noe I see that it is which is what I wanted. I think less serious games have seperste currencies although you can sometimes buy and sell. Bit in cryptokingdom you dont have to sorry about it.

I will admit though I most have played the "action fast paced and fancy graphic type RPGs" like wow and such. I'm talking about what was said in the beginner guide about if the names suited for you. But I use to play tabletop d & d and consider that roleplaying more then games. Games are great but you can't do what you want. Although elder scrolls does an amazing job especially since players can create stories for others to enjoy in the form of quests.

Cryptokingdom is pretty much like a pen and paper RPG about life and living in an economy. You use your imagination as you would reading a good book. I can see a lot of thought has been taken into making this game. I also am open minded to anything even if it sounds crap at first.

Labor of love for most of us Smiley

JasonXG

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 03:40:30 PM

...even if it sounds crap at first.

It may look crap I admit, but what is wrong with our sound?  Huh

Lol dude.....
You need more people helping you. The towns are mostly black and white only the center and surrounding areas habe pixel art houses. I want my house to look like a house not a black blob xD Can't we help at all ? Like I'm no programmer or design expert but isn't there anything we can do ?
JasonXG

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:36:43 PM

...even if it sounds crap at first.

It may look crap I admit, but what is wrong with our sound?  Huh

Lol dude.....
You need more people helping you. The towns are mostly black and white only the center and surrounding areas habe pixel art houses. I want my house to look like a house not a black blob xD Can't we help at all ? Like I'm no programmer or design expert but isn't there anything we can do ?

Sure Smiley The IRC (freenode ##crypto-kingdom) is the way to get yourself known and offer to help. You will soon spot the nicks of people who actually breathe this game, including djjacket, Syksy, moneromoo and hmc. And me, Zechariah.

Ok cool thanks !! Oh I bought my very first house. It is all mine ^^ I just bought it. Now what ? What can do to it or with it ? Ok I will join that irc sometime. I just want to figure out a few more things so I have some decent questions to ask. I see a future house editor ? What is that ! Yes I understand its to edit my house but when will it be working and does it actually shape how my property looks ?
FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 01:55:38 PM

This sounds very interesting. Grin

Go CureCoin!
Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 02:22:23 AM

Is there a way to check the bids I have made in the marketplace?, I don't think I have enough Moneretos to cover the bids I have made, will I be punished if someone sells into the my bids for not having enough to cover?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 08:31:07 AM

Is there a way to check the bids I have made in the marketplace?, I don't think I have enough Moneretos to cover the bids I have made, will I be punished if someone sells into the my bids for not having enough to cover?

AFAIK you'd have yo to go through every item you believe you made bids on and cancel them....luckily there is a cancelall command, which will cancel all of your bids/asks.

Type:CANCELALL ALLXXX

Hit: Enter

And you should be fine. This command has not always worked during testing of DB related stuff, so I always put up a small bid or ask to make sure it removes it (more for my own piece of mind, than anything). I thought there was some chatter about making the market cancel your bids automatically if you run out of M, but I could be mistaken or it might have never been implemented, so best to use the cancelall command until you read or hear otherwise.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 12:02:54 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2016, 03:51:09 PM by generalizethis

A few new commands have been added fairly recently, so it's as good a time as any to hit the refresh button--I tend to forget them myself and need the help command to remind me, so let's start there (I'll cover the first few here as many after that are for admin or market veterans):

help:gives you a list of commands.

consume: (consume/command+item_id+quantity; example "consume can 100") This is used to eat, drink, or destroy an item you own--we'll only worry about the eating and drinking. If you're a single player, you'll have to eat and drink to survive, so stocking up on items is a good idea as later you'll need to consume them--this is also a status symbol among the game's elite and shows that you not only recognize quality, but also that you aren't afraid to show it.

buy: (buy/command+item_id+max_quantity+max_price; example "buy ck 1000 9100") This is used to buy items in the game. Set your buy price and as those items become available, your order will be filled--if you're new to command line, try it with a few small items until you're comfortable with the process.

buysell: (buysell/command+item_id+max_quantity+buy_max_price+sell_min_price; example "buysell coh 10 445000 925000") This is used to set an a buy-order, which triggers a counter sell-order with the items you just purchased--fun stuff! Be wary of setting the units too high; AFAIK the entire buy-order needs to be filled to set the counter sell-order.

sell: (sell/command+item_id+max_quantity+min_price); example "sell IC 500 7600") Used to sell items with a user-set amount and minimum price--if you're new to market commands, it will sell into all bids set above your min-price and what orders aren't filled will become a standing order.

sellbuy: (sellbuy/command+item_id+max_quanity+sell_min_price+buy_min_price; example "sellbuy coh 11 655000 1100000") If you got the buysell command, you probably got this already, so I'll go a bit deeper into the use of this command: use it in conjunction with the other commands to control markets--this game is new, the markets are as tiny as a few rare items to as large as an entire economy made up of interlocking parts. In more general terms, it can be played by any level player. Twenty bucks and you can play market-maker, and if you plan well and take into consideration the risk/reward ratio of proven markets versus new markets, you can do well for yourself when the doors re-open for the consumable markets.

hmc_

tombots

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 02:34:45 PM

Storytelling by tombot (215), part 1 (reported a few days after the actual adventure)

So here we are, me and my old friend boombox. Sitting outside my makeshift tent on a nice small plot of land. Drinking some wine and wondering what kind of house to build.

Very nice and friendly neighbors in this borough, at least those few that I have seen here. Not too much people around here, probably mostly corporates in this borough. Those that live here are probably wondering what kind of drifters we are having only this small tent as housing. My plot is right in the middle with several streets around it, so our tent is very exposed. Painting it red with big yellow dots hasn´t really decreased its visibility. My tent shines bright and not only on the outside. Little do the neighbors know that I have filled up the tent with precious collectable gold coins. It feels good and secure to have 2 pistols and my friend boombox around, we keep an eye on the streets here.

The house should be ready very soon, tomorrow we start and hopefully also finish the project, a small house to begin with. Winter is coming and we have no plans to live in an igloo.

The big game pause, year 1647, has been very fruitful for me. Being one of only a few active market traders got me rewarded not only with lucky bargains but also some raf-4 (1647 contributor raffle tickets) from the GM. Those RAF-4 gave me gold bars which I sold and I bought gold coins instead. MKA has also been a real blessing, selling a few of those and buying cold coins has kept me busy.

Hopefully I will live to see the result of the big coin collecting contest. My health is ailing pretty badly so I had to buy some SW2 and SW4 to hopefully keep me alive at least until the big COIN day.

to be continued...
JasonXG

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 03:38:17 PM

What do suits do ? How do I put one on ? I had brown peasant clothing but used consume on them since I neber saw any other command. I want to equip it but I guess my character ate his clothing. xP

Storytelling by tombot (215), part 1 (reported a few days after the actual adventure)

So here we are, me and my old friend boombox. Sitting outside my makeshift tent on a nice small plot of land. Drinking some wine and wondering what kind of house to build.

Very nice and friendly neighbors in this borough, at least those few that I have seen here. Not too much people around here, probably mostly corporates in this borough. Those that live here are probably wondering what kind of drifters we are having only this small tent as housing. My plot is right in the middle with several streets around it, so our tent is very exposed. Painting it red with big yellow dots hasn´t really decreased its visibility. My tent shines bright and not only on the outside. Little do the neighbors know that I have filled up the tent with precious collectable gold coins. It feels good and secure to have 2 pistols and my friend boombox around, we keep an eye on the streets here.

The house should be ready very soon, tomorrow we start and hopefully also finish the project, a small house to begin with. Winter is coming and we have no plans to live in an igloo.

The big game pause, year 1647, has been very fruitful for me. Being one of only a few active market traders got me rewarded not only with lucky bargains but also some raf-4 (1647 contributor raffle tickets) from the GM. Those RAF-4 gave me gold bars which I sold and I bought gold coins instead. MKA has also been a real blessing, selling a few of those and buying cold coins has kept me busy.

Hopefully I will live to see the result of the big coin collecting contest. My health is ailing pretty badly so I had to buy some SW2 and SW4 to hopefully keep me alive at least until the big COIN day.

to be continued...

Nice roleplaying ^^

Syksy

Activity: 260
Merit: 105

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 09:38:40 PM

My CKJester allows this, albeit it only updates twice a day. Go to:
https://ckjester.shinyapps.io/Shiny/
and then "My Offers" > "Latest Offers" and then type in your character's shortName, and you should obtain a list of bids by that character. You can also check bids by others.
JasonXG

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 03:24:35 AM

My house makes 0m now Sad

I edited it and saw and "yards" I made it say 500 and saved it to see what it would do. Now it says my house makes 0m Sad I only changed it to see what it would do. Otherwise how much I know ? There no explanations or guidess I was trying to figure things out on my own. I dont Eben know what I've done yards ? Yards for what ? I think ot was 100 yards whatever yards is. I can't change it back it says I need builders credits to build a new building. What is going on ? If I habe no builder credits then why did it let me change it in the first place ? Think it is a glitch.
tombots

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 09:53:17 AM

Storytelling by tombot (215), part 2 (reported a few days after the actual adventure)

I bought a house! The old 9-NW-C1 plot was nice and everything but I wanted to have more active neighbors. I have moved to another borough, my sidekick boombox is still with me. Took us quite a while to carry all my belongings to this new house. Maybe I should buy a horse and carriage.

We burned the old tent and danced all night with some friendly women, they showed up attracted to the bonfire and boombox´s howlings. My ailing bones felt young again, maybe I do not need too much of the SW2 and SW4 to keep me alive. Dancing with friendly women might be as good medicine as anything.

Now that I have a house I eagerly await the game time running again. My coin collecting is still ongoing, I try to get at least one coin per day. But I have set my aim on other things also. Owning more land and buildings would also be important.

to be continued...
Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 06:43:25 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2016, 07:32:11 PM by Roopatra

Coin Collecting doesn't have to break the budget

With the coin collecting deadline (Nov 5th) approaching the price for Gold/Silver Coins on the marketplace is climbing, bargain hunting may be difficult because oldies are reluctant to let go of their goldies, especially since XMR value is dipping hard in BTC/USD. Princess Roopatra is one of the oldest living characters (256 yo), and has been able to collect a chest full of treasures during the centuries. She is now willing to give collectors a chance to complete their collections before the deadline at fair prices. Many coins are listed for sale in the markets, here are some interesting choices highlighted:

2 XMR picks
https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/CR1486E (20 mintage, mostly in collector hands already, starting price 2mil)
https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/CR1620E  (20 mintage, cornered market, starting price 2mil)

1 XMR picks
https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/TS139 (Oldest TS -series silver coin, starting price 1mil)

0.5 XMR picks
https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/CR1480E (mintage 40, cornered market, starting price 500k)
https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/CR1490E (mintage 40, cornered market, starting price 500k)
https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/CR1632B (HM rpietila 1366-1632, "Old King's Reign", interesting collectible, starting price 500k)

0.2 XMR picks
Zodiac Sign series, max mintage 88, Princess Roopatra's favorite. Some accidental market cornering happened during the latest coinshop sale.. But I'm happy to share, knowing so many want to collect the full series. Starting price 150k:  
https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/CR1637B
https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/CR1644B
https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/CR1642B
https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/CR1635B

0.1 XMR picks
https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/RO1600J (Get your piece of the Princess; buy Princess Roopatra's commemorative coin, starting price just 75k)
https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/CR1543E (mintage 60, courtesy of RAQ starting price at just 75k)
https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/CS1606E (Collect your silvers, starting price 100k)
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2016, 01:29:03 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2016, 02:16:00 PM by generalizethis

The coin contest is about to start...

...but what of each coin? I know this one weighs 5grams, and I know that one was made the year of our gold's bicentennial, but what of the bearer and the crest? And who made the charge? What was battle like? We are told to remember the date, not the tally, because a tally can fail. But a coin can be scored. So its value is never forgotten, and in two hundred years, you can storyboard the war. I've witnessed firsthand the power of these dates. I've seen people give names to them; and pay fortunes to defend them. Some cannot play without reward. So here's a list of prizes--there's even a door--but an ancient one, owned by lords, of all kinds--the state, the treasurer, the king, the church and magcal head I've not yet met. It's with great honor the contest is set

for remember, remember
the fifth of November
we honor the coins we collect.
I don't know of a reason
why this contest is in season
we should ever forget.

https://cryptokingdom.me/player/playerItems/160

hmc_

tombots

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 01:47:25 PM

Storytelling by tombot (215), part 3 (reported a few days after the actual adventure)

Buying this house in 4-NW was the best thing I could ever have done. Right away I found some friendly and helpful neighbors. One man I have previously traded gold coins with showed up to welcome us wearing 2 pistols in his belt so I immediately knew I had arrived in the right place. We had a nice long talk about pistols and the best gun powder to use. Looking forward to having some shooting practice with him in the nearby woods. Squirrels beware!

My gold coin collection is growing, feels good to accomplish things with hard work. Working on this task relentlessly as the (tom) bot I am Smiley

Somehow the silver and copper coins does not attract me that much. Bought a few of them and have some bids in the market. But I feel gold is the way to go!

I donated 1000 CAN to the user CoinContest (userID 160) https://cryptokingdom.me/player/playerItems/160
Will donate more later this week, not many players have donated so far, very strange...

Now I am looking to get more land with or without buildings, I am interested in all kinds of trades. Maybe you want some hard to find items and you have land that you do not use, I can exchange gold coins (CR1628A, CR1631E, CR1633A, CR1634A, CR1636A, CR1639A, CR1640A, CR1640B, CR1641A), S-CAN, SW2, a letter of Baronetcy (our King is notified of it), etc... against land. Contact me for exchange deals, I have done some already with a couple of players. I will also be active in the webchat soon.

to be continued, but probably not before the end of the coin contest...
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2016, 05:41:40 AM

Storytelling by tombot (215), part 3 (reported a few days after the actual adventure)

Buying this house in 4-NW was the best thing I could ever have done. Right away I found some friendly and helpful neighbors. One man I have previously traded gold coins with showed up to welcome us wearing 2 pistols in his belt so I immediately knew I had arrived in the right place. We had a nice long talk about pistols and the best gun powder to use. Looking forward to having some shooting practice with him in the nearby woods. Squirrels beware!

My gold coin collection is growing, feels good to accomplish things with hard work. Working on this task relentlessly as the (tom) bot I am Smiley

Somehow the silver and copper coins does not attract me that much. Bought a few of them and have some bids in the market. But I feel gold is the way to go!

I donated 1000 CAN to the user CoinContest (userID 160) https://cryptokingdom.me/player/playerItems/160
Will donate more later this week, not many players have donated so far, very strange...

Now I am looking to get more land with or without buildings, I am interested in all kinds of trades. Maybe you want some hard to find items and you have land that you do not use, I can exchange gold coins (CR1628A, CR1631E, CR1633A, CR1634A, CR1636A, CR1639A, CR1640A, CR1640B, CR1641A), S-CAN, SW2, a letter of Baronetcy (our King is notified of it), etc... against land. Contact me for exchange deals, I have done some already with a couple of players. I will also be active in the webchat soon.

to be continued, but probably not before the end of the coin contest...

"Are you shooting squirrels with a musket or a pistol? Probably easier with a fowling shot, depending on the fieriness of the squirrel."

Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: