Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632634 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:13:03 PM

I would like to donate 167 gold for the obelisk not only 10!!! Please update!

Space for rent if its still trending

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:34:47 PM

OK. But this is a special case as you are a member of the Royal Household... others may only donate 1% of their gold

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
serje
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:40:32 PM

OK. But this is a special case as you are a member of the Royal Household... others may only donate 1% of their gold

and also after my trades with luigi i should have aroun 10 million moneritos ... I want the clothers with 10 million as fast as I have the money!

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 06:24:34 PM

I had a deal with David Latapie, sent him bitcoins instead of XMR, so he bought them on his own

It's been a week since the deal went trough

Why haven't I been updated on aynthing so far  Huh

+ I got no answer on the last PM I sent him on 29th October

Looking for a signature campaign.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 06:57:32 PM

If it is not yet too late, may we update our donation to our current 1%?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 07:49:54 PM

If it is not yet too late, may we update our donation to our current 1%?

Permission granted.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Karl Hungus

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:25:15 AM

In service to HM, may I direct you to these information to make a start on ordering some sets of clothing?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tgIzgMza7NQsTpMO9pHke1ZVXYH7l5Sj5bHdZHItivo/edit#gid=342199569

With kind regards.
Can your majesty advise on clothing needs, where do I find the options available?

Your humble servant.
Karl Hungus

the order itself must still be relayed by me

Many thanks, free ale and wenches awaits you both at my tavern,  "The Hung, Drawn, & Quartered"
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:23:44 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 09:34:31 PM by rpietila

Eager waiting has been rewarded. The king is almost 2 weeks late from his 30-day celebration. Well this does not compare with the half generation delay of inaugurating the d'Armagnac. Let's see who is online and in what channel! Smiley

EDIT: The celebration is in the ##crypto-kingdom in irc.freenode.net. You may also post here.

All inquiries will be considered earliest after 10 hours.

Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:21:12 PM

EDIT: The celebration is in the ##crypto-kingdom in irc.freenode.net. You may also post here.
A big thank you for His Majesty for hosting the festivities and granting many gifts for his loyal subjects!
Karl Hungus

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:48:58 AM

A big thank you for His Majesty for hosting the festivities and granting many gifts for his loyal subjects!

Our King is the PRINCE of Princes! The heavens have blessed us all with his wise and courageous rule!

There will be feasting for three days at the "The Hung, Drawn, & Quartered" to celebrate!
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 12:44:50 PM

The Golden Jubilee Celebrations, held in Royal Palace

(this happened on IRC)

Everyone much enjoyed the fine foods and drinks. The King gave gifts to all, including:

- 5 grams weighing gold ring to everyone (it is added to everybody's gold balance but will be created as an item later).
- 1 quadrat of land near Dame Roopatra's house for her to start hospitality business.
- Royal clothes to Marquess of New Liberty, Bishop d'Armagnac and Earl of Forte Spagnolo, with much gold interwoven. These may only be used with King's permission in envoy trips and city celebrations.
- Noble clothes to all nobles (except Roopatra who got land and serje who was just Knighted in the ceremony and will take care of the Royal household).
- Other clothes to the ones who could not otherwise get in the festivity premises.

Many promotions, including:
- Marquess of New Liberty.
- Ratification of Earl of d'Armagnac's position as the Councillor and Bishop of the town.
- serje to Knight.
- Jungherr Zechariah debuting.
- All commoners checked for eligibility.
- A new Golden Jubilee badge for those who were online.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:12:39 PM

Times of Trouble

Lord Marquis, the Earls, dignified nobles and all hard-working citizens of the capital,

It has come to our attention that the foreign tribes and lands have not only sent envoys and gifts to our magnificent celebration. Our guards have been on alert for spies, and in fact at least two confirmed cases have now been exposed. They are being treated in the dungeon below us. Our intention is not to harm them, however, because the essential information has already been obtained:

The stories of the lavishness of the feast and the great palaces of this city, as well as the continuing gold streams from the countryside, and the perpetual quarrying of stone, to make this city the envy of everyone, will spread far and wide, perhaps to the ends of the known world. Our Majesty has already been aware of signs of unrest, but now we will have to prepare for worse. Even an outright invasion of the barbarians who only care about loot and plunder may be in preparation.

We do not expect this to come right now, a determined expedition will take decades to prepare. But to be able to withstand it, we must prepare also. Since the emancipation, there are many able peasants willing to undergo military training, to form a standing army to protect the city and act as a deterrent for invasion.

Our plan to increase our readiness is happening in stages. The efficiency in battle of a trained soldier is manifold compared to militiamen, and we must make up our lack of advanced weaponry (the King with his subjects having been consumed with works of peace until now) with an even better training.

We have therefore decided to build a grand Citadel in the west end of the City, to guard the entrance from where the barbarians most likely appear, considering the geometry of the lands nearby. The Citadel will be huge and equipped with rooms for the emergency lodging of the entire population of the City, as well as a hundred (NPC) soldiers, plus officers and all the staff. Its walls will be several meters thick and equipped with Cannons, skilled works of cast metal that our friendly allies in other Kingdoms will provide, albeit at a considerable cost. Please keep it secret to our enemies, as well as the installation of the fire machines that the Magus was explaining.

To train the soldiers, we require the help of citizens. We have therefore now established the (Most) Ancient Order of Defence, for the officers in the Army. The Order will consist of several classes, as follows

Colonel - commander of the citadel and practically of the defence of the city, responsible to the King
Major - a distinguished captain
Captain - in command of 100 soldiers
Lieu-tenant - in command of 30 soldiers (highest NPC level possible)
Knight - in command of 10 soldiers (trained NPC also possible)
Corporal (NPC) - in command of 5 soldiers (him included)

Everyone joining the Army is Knighted (L8) if he already does not hold a higher rank. (Needless to say, women are not eligible.)

Incalculable amounts of stone are needed for constructing the Citadel (and other fortifications), and the time is pressing. We therefore offer free land for every citizen who donates stone to the construction. For every 50,000 stone donated, we give 1 quadrat of land in the inner, protected part of the new area of the city. (First come, first to choose.)

The whole western perimeter we see fit to give out as haws to the Knights and Officers of the army. The deal is as follows:

- For anyone, even a commoner, willing to become a Knight (includes promotion to L8), and start training 10 soldiers under him, we will grant as a haw, 15 quadrats bordering the new city wall.
- The higher offices will be granted by the King according to merit. Everyone aspiring to be an officer needs to have 10 soldiers at least under his direct pay.
- It is possible and recommended for every noble to also have their private squad like this.
- The requirement to keep soldiers is permanent, until the King's decision to arrange matters differently.

The King is not a bank, but the issue of raising a military is such a paramount one that it is possible to negotiate a loan at 1% yearly interest for the organizing of the soldiers and the matters in the haw. Some money down is required, however.

The military will use grey uniforms fitting for servants, so there is no need to spare funds for the outfit (at this point). The officers, as nobles, will use blue robes with no gold embellishments when on guard duty. The quarter for the soldiers is provided by the King in the Citadel, so the haw is free to be used however the owner wishes, for income generating establishments, selling of lots, castles or gardens.

NPC pay levels are as follows:
- Soldier 100,000 m/year
- Corporal 150,000 m/year
- Sergeant 200,000 m/year
- Lieu-tenant 400,000 m/year.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:39:15 PM

How do the Pools work?

The game currently has 2 pools, which are used to collect money that the citizens/NPCs spend, and then distribute it back to the economy.

Labor Pool

When things are built, 75% of the Labor costs go to this pool, 25% to Peasants.
When stone is bought, 50% comes here, 50% to Peasants.
It is possible that other moneys also come here.

20% of the pool's value is distributed every day to (nearly) every citizen, in proportion to their Labor Pool percentages. These are fully listed in Building Tutorial, some examples follow:
- Earl 750%/200%
- Master 400%/125%
- Freeman 100%/50%.
The higher figure is with permanent residence.

The payouts have been in constant increase, and 100% payout is about 1,000,000 m/day. This makes it very lucrative to build residence as the payback time can be as little as 8 days.

Hospitality Pool

50% of all Peasants' (servants') money comes here.
It is possible that other moneys also come here - a big increase happened because the NPC tailors spent 186 million here.

Hospitality establishments: rental rooms, taverns, guesthouses and hotels have a share on this pool. Currently a minimum 9 sqm room not in a central place and not professionally managed, is set to be 100%. This makes bigger rooms in central places yield about 300%. Taverns (which have a lot of staff and thus costs), are 3000%+.

The 100% payout was recently 300,000 m/day, making the payback time of a 9 sqm rental to be about 10 days and that of Monero House only 7 days.

There is a glaring disparity currently in the moneretos loan rate of 2% per day and the profitability of these investments up to 14% per day.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:34:53 PM

Land, Land, Land

The citizens in the Kingdom have much stone, but the land ownership and building regulations in the center and north chapelries are, in a word, centralized. So that we would not need to change the regulations, we are opening new land for building! Smiley

So as is visible in the City Map, the area to the west of the current city core, is in the process of being opened up. This is the area where the new Citadel will also be located, and large part is therefore reserved for it, as well as the Jousting ground for Knights. The area of the Two Springs is getting increasing protection.

The Citadel, when fully finished, is an approximate 7 million stone project. This far exceeds any resources of anyone, including the King. Even if half of the Kingdom's stone would be used for the construction perpetually, it would take 40 years to finish it.

We are at least trying Smiley Refer to the Times of Trouble, why the construction is necessary.

Auction of the commercial best cuts (24 quadrats total) started and is closing next Monday. These are the very optimum locations for shops and taverns, as the merchants come to the city through this area, and the tournaments provide revenue for taverns. The squads of soldiers are soon filling this area and also populate the taverns. We are eagerly expecting the result of this auction of prime property and will spend the money in the citadel.

Land for Stone - project is also started. The lots L1-L54 (54 quadrats total) can be redeemed against payment of 50,000 stone. Hopefully the sales of these net 2.7 million of the 7 million needed for the building.

Knights' Haws - project is also started. Every new Knight (or a noble who otherwise provides for 10 soldiers) is entitled to a haw of 12 quadrats. Since every baron is entitled to 6 quadrats OR more, combined this means that a baron will be given 18-24 quadrats according to geometry. Haws are lands that are exempt of property tax (planned to be about 1-2 million per quadrat per real-month when it starts). These will support the costs of the army.

Note also that the gold auction is closing already tomorrow!  Currently 10,000 gold is available at 0.15!

serje
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:10:55 PM

I would like to donate for the citadel 50.000 and get one of the lots L1-L54 Smiley

If I am allowed to hold some land of course!

serje
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:45:12 PM

I would like to donate for the citadel 50.000 and get one of the lots L1-L54 Smiley

Select one! Take the best one Smiley

I like L7!

Also how much would a library cost to have in our city?

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:24:47 PM

Select one! Take the best one Smiley

I like L7!

Also how much would a library cost to have in our city?

Library in these times is generally part of a larger establishment. For example Royal Palace has a private library, as well as Marquess' Palace. Monero info center holds some books. The coming Noble Palace has a library in its plan. The Town Hall (when it is built), is planned to have a public library.

A small building eg 10x10 with high arching and 64 sqm inner area, would cost about 25-35 million to build so as to contain some books also.

I don't know if this a good idea but I think the public library should be administrated by Dr. Choo as he is the professor in our small but evolving community! 

I think it is a splendid idea and would like to go forward. Currently the lack of stone is hindering our progress.

I was about to pledge 100,000 stone biennially to the Citadel until it is ready, but unless we get the stone->land conversion in greater speed, I just cannot finish it no matter how hard I try. My own gold is not helping any more, I get only 1 stone per extra gold, you citizens get 2-5. You should buy gold, it is now reasonably priced!

macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:39:24 PM

If HM The King sees fit I'd like to contribute also for the public library. I own hundreds of papyri that I could offer as a gift for the citizens willing to dive into knowledge.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
Karl Hungus

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:49:05 PM

I would like to contribute 50,000 stone to the building effort for the Citadel also

Lot L1 looks very nice Smiley
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:23:39 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2014, 05:22:17 PM by rpietila

Game economy in the Ancient era
(Important reading for the investor-minded)

We are now at 1454, which is the 28th day of the game. (The relation is (YEAR-1398)/2). The last year of the Ancient era is 1598, the 100th day.

Gold and Stone

Gold is currently going in an auction for 150,000 m. It is down a lot from its high point of 260,000. Gold's value is foremost its staking capacity. 73 stone staking rounds are left, after which the gold will start giving moneritos as a dividend of the town council surplus. During the Ancient era, the town council surplus is (probably) fully spent to the game developer costs, with the King making up for the shortfall.

During the 73 remaining rounds, one gold stakes 146 stone for those who have at least 2000 stone already, 365 stone for those having more than 200, and   730 stone for those with less than 200. Since the King has recently decided to accept 160 m in lieu of one stone in the land sales, it makes sense to buy stone for up to that amount. Stone has been in constant demand, so an average value of 140 m for the rest of the era may be appropriate. This makes the stone staking alone worth 20,440 - 102,200 m per gold.

From then on, the value is more speculative and may rise to be really high if the game hits it big, or languish towards its commodity uses if the town council cannot make the ends meet. The release of the online version may boost the value of gold as new players see the high staking available to them as smallholders. Also it may induce more investor interest from people who see the game itself as an asset and are willing to buy a significant stake of it. At present, all the gold that will come to exist during the era is valued at 150,000,000,000 moneretos. Whether it is high or low, is up to the market.

Stone does not carry interest and the prospects of its value increasing greatly (to hundreds per stone) are not good. The peasants have the ability to supply stone, we just currently have the deal (lasting for decades) that the supply is restricted to 50% of the building projects. It hardly makes sense to hoard stone. It does make sense, when building, to always spend only up to 50% from your stash and buy the rest from the peasants. Even if you had more stone, you can sell them at profit to Luigi's stone market (found in the Character DB).

Stone is in constant demand.

Land

Because of the reports of the barbarians, we must make the city defensible. There is currently 850 quadrats of land in the city walls, and these walls need to be made stronger, Citadel must be built etc. We just doubled the city area and the King now concludes that no further expansions will happen in the near future. In strict terms - currently 4,004 sqm is built in the city. The earliest when any new areas are claimed is when the total building area in the current perimeter is 10,000 sqm and the walls are fitted with towers throughout.

This will not happen in an instant. But to make it happen smoothly, and to reward the ones who now take the risk, much of this new land is now available:

- 24 quadrats of prime commercial properties in an auction.
- 54 quadrats of inner city land for 50,000 stone/q (new: can be substituted with 8 mil moneretos).
- 96 quadrats are reserved for haws, primarily for new Knights and also the existing Nobles who take military command.

In addition, there is still the possibility to build your first residence in the Land claim area in the N chapelry. These lots are free to build for those who have not used this right yet. The number of free lots (1-3 quadrats) here is 26, and 2 lots 1 q each, are for sale for 15 mil.

The price for land in free trade has fluctuated between 7-25 million per quadrat. Only about half of the land is zoned for lots, though. Streets and squares take up a lot of space. If the fully-built area will be about 450 quadrats, this means that the total value of the land is now about 4,500,000,000 moneretos. This is rather striking compared to the fact that this centrally located land not only has immediate game uses (residences and taverns with quick payback), but also has more prospects in rising in value both if the game makes it rather successful (in which case the gold will still not be a terrific payback) and really successful. Now the land is finally available in larger quantities.

Clothes

When the tailors visited in 1450, the first time in the game, 49 sets of clothes were ordered. The King ordered some extras but otherwise nobody took it upon him to buy a lot. We will have to do with these clothes until the Centennary Jubilee (1500), and they will have real uses.
- In the trollbox, clothes are shown for prestige of the oldtimers.
- Nobody will be promoted to Nobility unless he has clothes.

Later on, these original 1450 clothes may or may not gain collectors' value. But for now, if there is anyone willing to buy my excess store of about 8 suits, to shamelessly sell them at what they are worth to other players, both now and later, and to start clothes trade in a similar fashion as Luigi deals with stone, contact me.

Residence / Labor Pool

The labor pool distributes currently about 1,000,000 m per 100% participation. There are still many who could gain 50%-550% extra by having a suitable residence. Especially many L5 Experts are forgoing 1,500,000 m by not arranging their matters. A basic L5 house can be built on a free land for 10 million, making this pay back 7.5% per year. Later on it is possible to increase the size of this house, or build a new one in another place, selling the old one or giving it for rent.

Renting to get residence is also possible, but there is a lack of large enough rentals. We only have one guesthouse in the city (The Hung, Drawn and Quartered by K.H.) and it can supply L4 accommodation but not L5 or higher. We actually do have 12 L3-L4 citizens that could benefit it! I will contact K.H. upon this realization and list his offers to the RENT tab in Characters DB. The Noble House catering for nobles is still in planning.

Tavern, Hotel, Guesthouse, Shops, etc. / Services Pool (prior: Hospitality Pool)

Services pool recently started and it has been receiving income from peasants, servants, and non-city dwellers (the tailors). Building a hospitality establishment is currently paying back very well. The small tavern that does not even serve food (Behind The Cathedral) employs 3 NPC's and receives a 1,500% payout from the pool (8% of the total spending). After the costs, the bottom line is 2,900,000 m. The IRR for this establishment is currently very high. The emergence of more shops and taverns is increasing the participation, but the payout do not necessarily go down that quickly:

The increased living standard has caused that the Labor of the building, which originally went 75% to Labor Pool, is now diverted 25% to the Services Pool and 50% to the Labor Pool. Because only 1/5 of the pool is distributed per day, the effect will not be abrupt, but it will grant so much money to the Services Pool that the city will certainly develop much commerce because of it.

All this money comes back to the economy; the tax rate is 0%. Quite recently the peasants siphoned money off the economy, but when Services Pool was introduced, half of their money also goes to it. The main income for the town is currently windows, because they need to be imported.

I assess the payout participation (the % rating) of each establishment. The city is currently rather scattered and it is not easy to say where people live. But once this becomes clear, the taverns with good location catering to defined clientele will gain popularity. It has already happened with K.H. and his wenches, which took the helm as the most popular tavern from the upscale Monero House, despite the latter's nicer surroundings. Buying land in good spots near big roads will become a really good investment once this matter gets better sorted out.

Pirate paid 1% per day, Crypto Kingdom can pay up to 15% per day.  Grin

TL;DR: Hopefully the opening up of the game economy shows how high the IRR of many activities is, and prompts the players to develop. We now have enough rules, actions, and opportunities for the time being, and apart from administrating the game, I will now concentrate on the porting to the online version. So please read the announcements so far, there are fortunes to be made. Thank You Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: