Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 04:30:45 AM

How do I buy some shares of the Noble Palace? I understand that I am entitled to some upon my recent promotion.

There are two ways to purchase shares for Noble Palace

1) You may purchase them from an existing share holder (club member).
2) You may purchase a limited amount of shares directly (this increases total # of shares floating) based on the level you attain.
Any levels attained prior to 1500 may also be added to new promotion purchases on the first time purchase

Code:
L8 - Knight  1 Share
L9           2 Shares
L10          4 Shares
L11          8 Shares
L12         16 Shares
L13         32 Shares

These (type 2) purchases increase the total quantity of floating shares and are paid to the Corporate fund (shareholder dividend)
This option is open to all nobility, price adjusts with time
Nobles that attained their ranks prior to 1500 have this privilege grandfathered.  
Notice that as a shareholder, you also benefit from the funds deposited into Noble Palace Club holding as you then own a percentage of these funds as well.

Rhadamanthus requests to purchase 2 shares directly, based on L9 on 1500.

I also attained L9 in 1500, if it is allowed I will buy 2 shares.

You would be allowed 3 direct purchase shares (1 for L8 and 2 for L9)
Shares in 1508 are 2,330,000 each, by comparison even though this is a significant discount from what Grand Hotel shares would cost, it is a more exclusive environs where you would be guaranteed to only rub shoulders with those of noble bearing, and does provide an exquisite view of the jousts.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
ed_teech

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Jahaha

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:30:40 AM

How do I join now in accordance to the current state of the game ? Anyone selling gold ?
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:33:22 AM

How do I join now in accordance to the current state of the game ? Anyone selling gold ?

There is no need to purchase gold anymore as the "Most Ancient Phase" is already over and we are heading towards the Alpha release on the web (so to speak).
One of my friends is joining us today as well.
I invite you to join channel ##Crypto-Kingdom on freenode, there i can answer whatever your questions and let you know what to do next :-) We are issuing still limited character slots as still all must be handled by excels, but its still a great opportunity to settle some interesting gameplays before the mass public enters the game.
Look for Top8 on irc, that will be me :-)

This space is for lease, apparently.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 12:34:12 PM

I'm trying to wrap my brain around the social-cultural implications of this... is it like a hugely complex game of monopoly played with might-be-valuable someday money (monero) with RP starting with all the properties (justifies since he is footing the bill for the game mechanics)?
FAQ - What's the overall goal?
Right now it is mostly land grab and building. Later more social interactions (including politics, quests, joint-ventures) and gaming (as in winning moneroj) as well as faucets... But ultimately, the answer to "What's the overall goal?" is "What is the purpose of life?"
When explaining here to my friends at my store i simply say "Think on an Ultima Online/Civilization/Sims game but using cryptos and crowdfunding/collaboration". The Habbo hotel analogy is also there.
FAQ - What is CryptoKingdom? Is there any relation to some ancient game?

I remind you all that the FAQ is freely editable (if you create an account on wikia, you IP won't be displayed and your contributions will be identified, thus more reputable).

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 12:40:51 PM

2) You may purchase a limited amount of shares directly (this increases total # of shares floating) based on the level you attain.
Any levels attained prior to 1500 may also be added to new promotion purchases on the first time purchase
Code:
L8 - Knight  1 Share
L9           2 Shares
L10          4 Shares
L11          8 Shares
L12         16 Shares
L13         32 Shares
d'Armagnac will buy 4 shares directly.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 12:48:40 PM

For the roleplaying folks (like me) here, this page shall be of help: Forms of address in the United Kingdom.
For instance, Bishop is "My Lord", "Your Grace" being for Archbishop.
Crypto-Kingdom is not UK, but this is a nice starting point.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 01:18:57 PM

Long Bond has been sold at a 400% payback (25 mil issue price; 0.19% game-APR).

2  Asenath
1  The Marquess of OZ
1  The Earl of Forte Spagnolo
1  iluvbitcoins

Next long bond is either in 2 real-weeks or in one month.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 02:46:19 PM

The Company of Theophany did well and produced some more page of Codex Cryptonica
  • Nobility recapitulate the various titles and way to address the nobility.
  • Clergy. This later entry contains some interesting rumours as well a non exhaustive list of title and how to properly address a member of the Clergy. The Church wishes to thank the Most Honorary Marquess of OZ for his precious help

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 02:54:33 PM

The Company of Theophany did well and produced some more page of Codex Cryptonica
  • Nobility recapitulate the various titles and way to address the nobility.
  • Clergy. This later entry contains some interesting rumours as well a non exhaustive list of title and how to properly address a member of the Clergy. The Church wishes to thank the Most Honorary Marquess Karl Hungus for his precious help

The correct way to refer to the person Karl Hungus by birth, is now The Marquess of OZ.
I will update my post. Could you als check this newly-created page?

http://cryptokingdom.wikia.com/wiki/Dividend

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:03:25 PM

Only Earls/Countesses (L10), Marquesses/Marchionesses (L11), Princes/Princesses (L12), Dukes/Duchesses (L13), Grand Dukes/Grand Duchesses/Royal Dukes/Royal Duchesses/Royal Princes/Royal Princesses (L14) and Kings/Queens (L15) receive landed income from V.4. Each level will receive 2-3 times more than the previous, but the income in much dependent on the location of the feoff, its anciety and other factors.

Barons/Baronesses (L9), Knights/Dames/Jungherr and the corresponding female (L8) don't receive taxes from the countryside.

It is possible that later in the game, a promotion in nobility (even to L10 or higher) does not grant the corresponding increase in feoff size and income (or any feoff at all), because land is limited. All Ancient (and older) Earls (and higher) do receive a feoff in the countryside, once it is implemented.

A form of dividend is also the Labor pool payout, which grants income to all characters in the game from L2 onwards.

The game has Corporations that (may) pay dividends from their profit. (The Town with CKG as its shares is a special kind of corporation with the right to change the rules but also a rule-bound organization and payout scheme.)

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:31:34 PM

Lord Jacket would like to announce that his son, Troy has decided to move out from the palace and take residence in our lovely city and will be living in the area known as Expert Village in D7.

Lord Jacket is presenting him with a place to live and some gold to get him started in our great city.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:46:50 PM

Only Earls/Countesses (L10), Marquesses/Marchionesses (L11), Princes/Princesses (L12), Dukes/Duchesses (L13), Grand Dukes/Grand Duchesses/Royal Dukes/Royal Duchesses/Royal Princes/Royal Princesses (L14) and Kings/Queens (L15) receive landed income from V.4.

Some may have noticed that there is a slight change in the highest nobility. Previously Marquess promoted to Duke (L12), now to Prince (L12). Duke is now L13, and previous levels L13 and L14 are combined to the new L14 level which may indicate several things and has 3 different titles grouped in it, shown above.

Previously the targeted ratio between Baron:Earl:Marquess:Duke:Grand Duke was 400:200:50:10:1. Now we have one level more, so it will offer more possibilities for promotion about at 400:200:66:22:7:1.

It is not impossible that we will have a Prince among us soon. Previously Marquess was an eventual autopromotion for a holder of 30,000 gold. Now this limit is lowered to 25,000 gold and Prince limit is now 60,000 gold. Duke used to be 100,000 gold, and we are not sure if raising it is allowed by the rules.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:59:48 PM

The Hypothecary Bank of CryptoTown is eagerly awaiting its headquarters to be built in the new fancy E chapelry/Culture Square area.

The service model is very simple: we gave low-interest medium- to long term loans against collateral.

- We can finance the construction of a new building up to 50%.

- We can also give loan against an existing building or even just land.

Our assessment of property values is conservative:
- New development lands sold by the town - sell price minus cashback if applicable
- Land in C chapelry, southern part of N chapelry and Jousting ground - 100 mil/q
- Land in other chapelries and areas 30-60 mil/q

Buildings are accepted at Building Registry cost.

* Maximum loan amount is 50% of the collateral amount.

* Interest rate is starting at 0.40% APR for maximum security and goes up to 0.60% APR. Risk loans are not taken at all, therefore all rates are low.

* Loan time is variable based on our own cash flows (we want to make loans expire at the same year that we also must pay our creditors), typically about 50 years and it is renewable then.

tefer13

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:57:19 AM

Hello I like to play the game, Paulson told me about it and looks fun , monopoly plus cryptocurrencies haha.
I will be Tefer , male 18 years old. My favourite profession is miner and mage in other games :-)
paulsonnumismatics

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:13:01 PM

Hello I like to play the game, Paulson told me about it and looks fun , monopoly plus cryptocurrencies haha.
I will be Tefer , male 18 years old. My favourite profession is miner and mage in other games :-)

Despite his absolutely newbie status on the forum, I, Master Paulson Esq, avail this young citizen. Maybe he is not a wise man or even speaks our language perfectly, as he comes from the far and sunny South, but he is a hardworking and trustful companion. Our city will need many men like him if we want to achieve greatness.  Smiley

Welcome!

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:22:50 PM

Despite his absolutely newbie status on the forum, I, Master Paulson Esq, avail this young citizen. Maybe he is not a wise man or even speaks our language perfectly, as he comes from the far and sunny South, but he is a hardworking and trustful companion. Our city will need many men like him if we want to achieve greatness.  Smiley

Welcome!

He is granted the status of Visitor (L1) and upon this recommendation, an insta-promotion to Stranger (L2), which also grants a steady income of 25% from Labor pool (approximately 150,000 m/day currently).

To raise in levels, a permanent dwelling (there are many for sale) grants Freeman (L3), with 100% Labor pool (~600,000 m/day).

Acquiring 200 gold for 18,400,000 m grants an eventual promotion to Novice (L4). An additional benefit of having this gold is that it stakes another valuable ingame resource, stone, at a rate of 10 stone / 1 gold / day. The 2,000 stone daily generated, are worth ~350,000 m when sold. This is one of the best earning opportunities available in the game currently, with approximately 2% return on capital per day. It is our gift to new players (larger amounts of gold generate less stone in proportion).

Welcome from the King also!

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:17:01 PM

Dr. Choo returns from his travels (again)

Tidings of the Kingdom, (in the beginning of) A.D. 1422

Dr. Choo is created Baron, although he continues to use his title "Dr."   "His Majesty received Dr. Choo this same year 1422, after his long and tiring journey to the Tsardom of Rossiya. He told wonderful stories about musical instruments that he had seen in the Tsar's treasure chambers, something that have never been seen in the Kingdom. He had appraised one of them to be worth 175,000-250,000 gold, and showed me a parchment of proof with the intendant's seal on it. Astounded by this great man wanting to settle in our Kingdom, we have created him Baron, with gifts."

The King bestows Dr. Choo with 2,000 gold.

We had a nice Hawaiian-Japanese lunch with Dr. Choo this same year 1510. He continues to marvel us with his travels and enterprises in faraway lands. He was positively surprised (to say the least) that the humble gift we gave nearly 100 years ago has multiplied to become a townhouse in King's Park, a haw, stocks, and other assets worth hundreds of millions. He decided to invest 5 BTC to his account, while eagerly waiting the Version 2: Ancients to be able to manage it himself. This money, though meager IRL, will in the coming years be invested in gold, land, and other productive assets. He also wants to build and operate a violin museum and violin-making school. The building will have a previously unseen luxury level due to the incalculably precious instruments played and displayed there.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:31:05 PM

Grand Hotel announcement

46 years ago the Grand Hotel was finished in Central Square. In the beginning the success was not commendable due to the Hotel being "too big for its position", the town was small and did not have many tourists or wealthy restaurant-goers. Also there used to be a Giant Heap of Stone blocking the view to the Hotel from the then town centre around the Cathedral.

Now all is different, the city is booming and Grand Hotel has recently managed to expand its premises to the new E chapelry with an annex featuring the same 130% luxury and the first opulent double-helix staircase in town, with its center shaft reaching 20 m high and to the stars via an oval cupola and its oculus. The restaurant is the best in town, and (unlike before) also makes money since the Noble and visitor population has swollen. The haw grants steady income from 34 residential units, and the total payroll is about 50 NPC's.

Grand Hotel stock midprice has risen from 1.00 to 4.65 million (3.40% APR) + once there was even a 10% dividend.

To give some of the success to the initial bondholders also, we decided to pay back the bond now, 4 years early (total 715 mil paid). The bond was refinanced from the Hypothecary Bank at 0.40% APR, the most preferential rate available from the Bank's range of 0.40%-0.60%.

HM also announces the change in overdraft interest, which has been lowered from 1.00% to 0.80% some time ago already. The online version will not allow overdraft (buildings can be built only if the resources and money exist on the lot owner's account).

paulsonnumismatics

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:08:56 PM

Thanks HM for the welcoming gesture towards my protegee Tefer! I have noticed the Land Grant discount check HM has awarded him. The different sources of income are very well explained also. Tefer will come visit my home in K8 this evening and while we sip some tea and play a relatively new card game called "Munch-Keen"  Grin, imported from faraway lands, i will discuss with him his different options to strive in the city.

Congrats to GH share owners, i missed that now obvious tremendous opportunity!

I will want also to adress my experience with the Hypotecary Bank of CryptoLand , as his first customer.

The experience was magnificent. I dealt directly with the King, which is obviously a great privilege as with expanding operations, im sure HM will appoint a Bank Exchequer soon to deal with this mundane operations.

The low APR has allowed me to quickly develop my small hotel in the SE zone, and get advantage of the accomodating benefits that HM has granted in this years of impasse until the Beta arises.

That is all, regards!

Master Paulson, Esq.

Quicken

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:00:48 PM

I think those v1.1 rules were updated here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=819073.msg9520653#msg9520653
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: