Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:21:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128903 times)
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 12:37:41 PM

I have a feeling i'm the other guy.   It is syscooling I'm waiting for.  Over 3 weeks and no RMA parts.   They are flat out horrible.

Bitmain is a different company.  Email them they have good support and have always treated me fair.   

Yesterday stopped working on my second syscooling pump.
Fortunately, I paid via PayPal. I opened dispute today.

ChineseSavior

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 04:56:03 PM

I have a feeling i'm the other guy.   It is syscooling I'm waiting for.  Over 3 weeks and no RMA parts.   They are flat out horrible.

Bitmain is a different company.  Email them they have good support and have always treated me fair.   

why did you open a dispute? Did they replace the "first" one? if so why would you open dispute on the second one? Not sure of your situation just trying to figure out why would possibly damage syscoolings paypal status doing a chargeback.
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 04:58:53 PM

Did anybody notice syscooling doesn't have C1 cooling kit listed on their website anymore? Because of lack of quality control? I was going to order the 4 C1 kit.

Edit: NM, kit is listed on their old website (buy online tab).

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:15:46 PM

I have a feeling i'm the other guy.   It is syscooling I'm waiting for.  Over 3 weeks and no RMA parts.   They are flat out horrible.

Bitmain is a different company.  Email them they have good support and have always treated me fair.  

why did you open a dispute? Did they replace the "first" one? if so why would you open dispute on the second one? Not sure of your situation just trying to figure out why would possibly damage syscoolings paypal status doing a chargeback.

They are a horrible company to do RMA on syscooling.  I gave them 3 weeks, neither of my two RMA pumps and one harness have showed up. Talking to their support is painful.   It's not about hurting them just making it right.   I had to open a dispute as well.  
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:22:15 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 05:34:44 PM by mdude77

FYI, M's Ant Monitor now supports C1s natively.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596178.msg6548589#msg6548589

See my sig for latest download link.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 05:26:52 PM

M

I wouldn't post direct download links as they'll get archived in searches, and you'll get people months later trying to use this older version and having problems. Just post to your thread / resource which will be kept updated.

mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:34:54 PM

M

I wouldn't post direct download links as they'll get archived in searches, and you'll get people months later trying to use this older version and having problems. Just post to your thread / resource which will be kept updated.

Edited, thanks.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:00:23 PM

My first pump was D.O.A. and they did not send me a new pump, although promised. And I'm ready to destroy them, any status as PayPal, as well as here.
I paid them a total of 3x -$172.40 USD
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:31:57 PM

My first pump was D.O.A. and they did not send me a new pump, although promised. And I'm ready to destroy them, any status as PayPal, as well as here.
I paid them a total of 3x -$172.40 USD

Did syscooling say they shipped RMA's and they just never get there?   I worked with them for 3 weeks until I finally got fed up and did dispute.

mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 06:53:12 PM

So i couldn't wait i drove to my office to tweak the other unit that was under performing and i can confirm on stock clock and voltage changed to 745 the under performing unit that was throwing X ran for 24 hrs 0 HW errors and no X so anyone with this issue should try setting voltage to 745 save & Apply then power down the PSU and reboot the unit your problems should go away unless you have a bigger hardware issue  Smiley
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 08:20:43 PM

So no one is going to comment on the several users having X's in their ASIC status area and having under powered units?

Several users being you, and one other person who fixed his. What exactly do you want people to do about it?

Chinesesavoir and Mindtrip both had X's in their ASIC status area. And when you have those X's your (guaranteed) hashing power drops. And after changing the voltage, which I've already done to 740, the X goes away but eventually comes back. Now with 2 X's for even less hashing power. What if I wanted to sell in the future and as the specifications indicate 10008GH/s and the unit can't even get to that, then I'm pretty much screwed. I'm just wondering how every is getting 1000TH/s with no problems and I have 6 of them struggling to keep above 950GH/s. I guess I'm just expecting more support and attention like I'm use to with other companies I have purchased from. 

Are you here as a mascot/cheerleader for Bitmaintech or really here for support purposes?

So here is an update I was only able to perform the volt mod on 1 unit as the other is in my office and I won't have access to physically power cycle it until monday but it appears over volting the one i have access to has eliminated the X issue after 12 hours of solid run time and I am now running over the guaranteed hash rate. I will test the other unit again in the next few days with the same voltage and see if this is a good fix for the issue. You have to remember from the factory these are overclocked from what and S3+ is running 225 vs 250 so there is a good chance they need slightly higher voltage to maintain that overclock for long run times. I have spent time reading through the spec sheet on the chips and I suspect a 10 to 20 step over volt will not do any harm to the chips long term and will help any users with random X errors. I hope this helps those members with the issue

I thought you needed to power cycle it to change the voltage. Unless you SSH'ed into it and ran 'reboot'?

I had voltage at 740 and I had three X's. So I dropped it back down to 725. What is the max voltage to use here? Since these are already being pushed to the limit there isn't much room to do anything. When you push something to the limit that's where the random behavior and negative results happen. I have been in contact with Bitmain over email, but it is like 3-4 days for each response, so if we are trying to troubleshoot something it can literally take a month.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 08:28:51 PM

I can't help but wonder, the folks with the burnt out pumps, is the pump intake coming from the radiator (hence cool) or the C1 (hence warm/hot)?

M

Not sure what is correct, but I just used basic common sense in hooking it up since the picture on the paper was different than what was in the video.

I have the output side of the pump going into the miner (doesn't matter what side) and then back out into the bottom radiator port. Could be the top, doesn't matter. Then of course the other radiator barb going back into the high side up the pump with that tiny little reservoir. I ended up buying a $50 pump from frozenCPU. The guys at frozen said it would give me much better performance, not put any additional pressure on the system but get a better flow and if I wasn't happy could return it for my money back. Hey, whatever works better and to get my 1000TH/s which I barely see.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 08:33:15 PM

So no one is going to comment on the several users having X's in their ASIC status area and having under powered units?

Several users being you, and one other person who fixed his. What exactly do you want people to do about it?

Chinesesavoir and Mindtrip both had X's in their ASIC status area. And when you have those X's your (guaranteed) hashing power drops. And after changing the voltage, which I've already done to 740, the X goes away but eventually comes back. Now with 2 X's for even less hashing power. What if I wanted to sell in the future and as the specifications indicate 10008GH/s and the unit can't even get to that, then I'm pretty much screwed. I'm just wondering how every is getting 1000TH/s with no problems and I have 6 of them struggling to keep above 950GH/s. I guess I'm just expecting more support and attention like I'm use to with other companies I have purchased from.  

Are you here as a mascot/cheerleader for Bitmaintech or really here for support purposes?

Opentoe - Bitmain has a support system.  I'm in the US and have had a bad S3+ board swapped by their folks in Denver.  Their system worked perfectly.  This thread is not their warranty system, so posting here is not the most effective way to contact Bitmain support.

I have been in contact with him for over 2 weeks now. He repeatedly asks me the same questions and has asked me what my order number was three times. Maybe he's real busy, but really could use some help in the support area. The response times are slow and quick worded. Usually it is 3-4 days before I'll hear from him next.

I keep hearing about this support place in Denver. Multiple times. How do I contact them?

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 08:34:11 PM

I can't help but wonder, the folks with the burnt out pumps, is the pump intake coming from the radiator (hence cool) or the C1 (hence warm/hot)?

M

I can verify my two were not temperature. It was cold ambient being used from winter winds.   

I wont go into my story again, as I'm sure your all bored of it.  But still over 3 weeks no RMA from syscooling.

Are you still using that tall pump you got off Ebay? The one for $38? How is that working?

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 08:55:26 PM

What's up with the three pools in the miner configuration area? All of the other miners I've had only had one primary pool, then it had backup pools in case the primary one failed. Is that the way this is setup here? Since I can't consistently hit 1000GH/s on 6 C1's I had Bitmain ask me to fill out all three pools. What's the theory behind doing that? If the pool is down, no hashing. Pool is up, hashing. Right? Unless I'm missing something here.

ChineseSavior

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 09:00:22 PM

Opentoe - Bitmain has a support system.  I'm in the US and have had a bad S3+ board swapped by their folks in Denver.  Their system worked perfectly.  This thread is not their warranty system, so posting here is not the most effective way to contact Bitmain support.

I have been in contact with him for over 2 weeks now. He repeatedly asks me the same questions and has asked me what my order number was three times. Maybe he's real busy, but really could use some help in the support area. The response times are slow and quick worded. Usually it is 3-4 days before I'll hear from him next.

I keep hearing about this support place in Denver. Multiple times. How do I contact them?

yes can we please get denver contact info again it is scattered somewhere random in 100+ page threads. If I rem. correctly they even have a phone number.
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 09:39:02 PM

What's up with the three pools in the miner configuration area? All of the other miners I've had only had one primary pool, then it had backup pools in case the primary one failed. Is that the way this is setup here? Since I can't consistently hit 1000GH/s on 6 C1's I had Bitmain ask me to fill out all three pools. What's the theory behind doing that? If the pool is down, no hashing. Pool is up, hashing. Right? Unless I'm missing something here.

I've heard that type of thing before.  Are you by chance using p2pool?  I wasn't able to get my C1 working at full speed with p2pool either.

I think supposedly if cgminer finds the pool isn't supplying work fast enough that it'll get work from the other pools.  You should always have a backup pool regardless ... but if you really don't want to, put the same pool in all 3 of them. Smiley

M

mindtrip
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 09:42:06 PM

So here is an update I was only able to perform the volt mod on 1 unit as the other is in my office and I won't have access to physically power cycle it until monday but it appears over volting the one i have access to has eliminated the X issue after 12 hours of solid run time and I am now running over the guaranteed hash rate. I will test the other unit again in the next few days with the same voltage and see if this is a good fix for the issue. You have to remember from the factory these are overclocked from what and S3+ is running 225 vs 250 so there is a good chance they need slightly higher voltage to maintain that overclock for long run times. I have spent time reading through the spec sheet on the chips and I suspect a 10 to 20 step over volt will not do any harm to the chips long term and will help any users with random X errors. I hope this helps those members with the issue

I thought you needed to power cycle it to change the voltage. Unless you SSH'ed into it and ran 'reboot'?

I had voltage at 740 and I had three X's. So I dropped it back down to 725. What is the max voltage to use here? Since these are already being pushed to the limit there isn't much room to do anything. When you push something to the limit that's where the random behavior and negative results happen. I have been in contact with Bitmain over email, but it is like 3-4 days for each response, so if we are trying to troubleshoot something it can literally take a month.

You do have to. Once you change the voltage and hit save and apply i kill the power on the power supply and then wait 10 seconds and then turn it back on to make the changes take effect. I have tested a few different voltage levels and 745 for me had the best results I haven't seen any X show up in over 24 hrs i was getting them after 15-20 min of running fresh out of the box. I am not sure what changes to power draw at the wall the voltage mod does but i want stability thats my top priority based on previous experience its neglegable. Being that were talking about such a small voltage tweak and the spec sheet for these chips has them tested all the way up to .85 volts I don't suspect any damage to the chips its the voltage regulators that have there limit and would worry about blowing one of those before a chip frying
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 09:48:23 PM

M

I can verify my two were not temperature. It was cold ambient being used from winter winds.   

I wont go into my story again, as I'm sure your all bored of it.  But still over 3 weeks no RMA from syscooling.

Are you still using that tall pump you got off Ebay? The one for $38? How is that working?

Yea they are working great.   I also use the molex to power it, no longer using the syscooling harness.
mindtrip
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 09:50:26 PM

Here is  Screenshot of my results with volt mod and slight Over Clock
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: