Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:17:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EFL] Electronic Gulden | The Netherlands  (Read 82199 times)
EFLFoundation (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:22:29 AM

Indeed, payments were made within the first week of November, and the second stage seems to be going as designed. Thanks to the Foundation for the good work it is doing on the campaigns.

I only have a question:

Did someone has tried using the 32 bit wallet for windows in Windows XP? Is it safe (assuming you have a good antivirus and firewall)?

Thanks and congratulations for the good work.
The 32 bit wallet in Windows-XP keeps crashing on msvcrt.dll. It is probably the qt-library which is also problematic on Apple. It is the same with bitcoin though. We did provide the windows-32 version and will retry to build it with newer qt-versions. Also for us it is heartaching to abandon XP.
EFLFoundation (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:05:38 AM

Right now, at what stage is your project?
That question deserves an answer. We are in the second stage. On our website (https://e-gulden.org/index.php/e-Gulden_oerushield_campaign) we present the situation and show a graph.  
The text we copy below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The oerushield is functioning phenomenal. Because it is a technical improvement, the average user will not notice much difference. The e-Gulden corewallet does what it needs to do. All is quiet....

The graph below[red. see website], which is refreshed every hour, shows the performance of the oerushield campaign. In stage one we attracted about 450 permanently active core-node users. As a reference: In the Netherlands there are about 500 active Bitcoin corewallets. That is how you can see the merits of a country coin. With some local attention it is easy to surpass Bitcoin. Because Bitcoin is bloated and drags along global payments, Bitcoin is already a heavy load for a normal PC. The consequence is that ordinary users abandon the use of the corewallet, which is extremely bad for the goal of decentralisation. It is foolish to ever want to use Bitcoin as a payment system. It should be a store of value and community coins should extend it, eventually all glued together through lightning or other networks.

It is also clearly visible that the e-Gulden foundation, with no budget whatsoever and functioning thanks to a bunch of volunteers, has a finite capacity to draw attention. Therefore we are introducing the ambassador campain as a relay race. By asking existing users to pass the message to new users and rewarding them for that, we hope to demonstrate the potential network effect in the Netherlands.

The yellow line shows the new inscriptions brought about by ambassadors. The green line is the nubmer of new user corewallets currently active. The red line shows the active participants in the ambassador campaign, by signalling a personal recipient address (UAcomment). The purpure line is the total number of active and participating e-Gulden nodes, by actively connecting to one of our campaign-servers. The blue line is the number of active dutch Bitcoin nodes.

Yoshi Livo

Activity: 544
Merit: 282

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:31:34 PM

Have a nice eGulden day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTitaLdGOOE
Karl_Marx

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:21:44 PM

What updates since oerushield?? It's been ages ago... development is really slow. Only value of this coin is Bittrex listing. Don't wanna know what happens if Bittrex decides to delist.
EFLFoundation (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:06:19 PM

What updates since oerushield?? It's been ages ago... development is really slow. Only value of this coin is Bittrex listing. Don't wanna know what happens if Bittrex decides to delist.

You think fast development is better?  We don't.  Any wishes though except upgrading the version number?
Karl_Marx

Activity: 173

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:48:06 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2017, 06:00:31 PM by Karl_Marx

You think fast development is better?  We don't.  Any wishes though except upgrading the version number?

Allright then. At least you always answer BitcoinTalk Quickly.

One more question. This Dutch Chamber of Commerce Data is linked to e-Gulden?

Stichting Electronic Gulden Foundation
KvK 61016764
Talesiuspark 42064LK
Spaarndam

If the Premine suddenly gets dumped. Are there people who can be traced and held accountable? I just think this is important for many potential investors to know.

Another Question: There is around 5 million EFL in Premine wallets... So that means that the circulating supply is around 10 million?

Another Question: There was a Premine of 10.5 million. 5 Million was transferred to the foundation. What exactly happened to the other 5 million? They were given away/distributed? Does the original owner keep a significant stake himself?
EFLFoundation (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:06:20 PM

You think fast development is better?  We don't.  Any wishes though except upgrading the version number?

Allright then.

KvK 61016764
Talesiuspark 42064LK
Spaarndam

If the Premine suddenly gets dumped. Are there people who can be traced and held accountable? I just think this is important for many potential investors to know.

Of course we are traceable Karl Marx. As you say through the Dutch Chamber of commerce, through our email-addres, through facebook, twitter,  skype, PM and even by phone on request.
The premine is guarded as gold and accounted for by the satoshi (https://e-gulden.org/index.php/premine) and spend on carefully designed campaigns (https://e-gulden.org/index.php/campagnes) to reach as many people as reasonably possible to make them acquainted with cryptocurrency and to let them spread 'the word' themselves.
Bluesman75

Activity: 115
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:41:43 PM

Thanks for the update. Hope Windows XP could be supported in the future, there are still many rigs with it out there.

Indeed, payments were made within the first week of November, and the second stage seems to be going as designed. Thanks to the Foundation for the good work it is doing on the campaigns.

I only have a question:

Did someone has tried using the 32 bit wallet for windows in Windows XP? Is it safe (assuming you have a good antivirus and firewall)?

Thanks and congratulations for the good work.
The 32 bit wallet in Windows-XP keeps crashing on msvcrt.dll. It is probably the qt-library which is also problematic on Apple. It is the same with bitcoin though. We did provide the windows-32 version and will retry to build it with newer qt-versions. Also for us it is heartaching to abandon XP.
EFLFoundation (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:56:17 PM

Allright then. At least you always answer BitcoinTalk Quickly.

KvK 61016764
Talesiuspark 42064LK
Spaarndam

Another Question: There is around 5 million EFL in Premine wallets... So that means that the circulating supply is around 10 million?

Another Question: There was a Premine of 10.5 million. 5 Million was transferred to the foundation. What exactly happened to the other 5 million? They were given away/distributed? Does the original owner keep a significant stake himself?

Your post grows by the minute:
Another answer 1: No.  Circulating supply is 15,909,465; Premine cold storage is 4.500.000. Hot wallet is 154.752,353702 ; Future picture of mined EFL's is presented here: https://e-gulden.org/index.php/Toekomst
Another answer 2: At the time of ICO the premine was distributed to about 3500 people showing their identity. The rest of the other part you mention appeared on the market and was sold to pay for marketing, development and such as we were told and with what we were confronted by on the market.. In fact the erection of e-Gulden was paid for by market-participants. That was not the intention and was halted by four volunteering community-members that established the foundation and who froze further spending and re-establishied the purpose of the premine: To distribute it to as many dutch people as possible to let them get acquainted with cryptocurrency.

A few questions from our part: considering "All of this has been published on our website. Since the establishment of the foundation this has been communicated in the open. Telling from your other posts you are fluent in Dutch, so you should know all the answers yourself"   and ... considering that " on coinmarketcap.com 60% of all coins is marked "not minable" which means 60% of all coins are fully premined or largely POS, starting from Ripple downward" ...  
1. How would you rate the openness of the e-Gulden market (which is POW) compared to this 60% marked as not mineable?
2. Don't you have a mission elsewhere?
3. Why do you think the market doesn't care, buying Ripple, NEO, NEM and IOTA into the top 10? Even number two is largely premined!
Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:20:32 AM

It´s a long time since i visited this thread, but what i see now is a very active dev team. They give nearly every days some information on their twitter chanel. I like this very much. I think from now on i will watch this coin very closely. Smiley
knobbynifty

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:36:12 PM

is there any minimal threshold for initial purchase?
fajarkus12

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:37:58 PM

It´s a long time since i visited this thread, but what i see now is a very active dev team. They give nearly every days some information on their twitter chanel. I like this very much. I think from now on i will watch this coin very closely. Smiley
The activity and reports a progress from the devs is essential to make project better on eye of peoples. If devs active to give information people also will feel that this project excellenct and more people know this project. Then sooner or later this project has possibility to famous
EFLFoundation (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:46:48 PM

is there any minimal threshold for initial purchase?
That would depend on the exchange. Bittrex used  a minimum of 0.0005 satoshi.
If you go to efl.nl, our online wallet service,  and you give your wallet a name, you receive 0.0001EFL.  Transactions are free so you can spend 1000 times one EFL-satoshi to play with.
It all dutch for the time beeing, but I think you will get the message. (betalen=payment; ontvangen=receive)
EFLFoundation (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:08:38 PM

The activity and reports a progress from the devs is essential to make project better on eye of peoples. If devs active to give information people also will feel that this project excellenct and more people know this project. Then sooner or later this project has possibility to famous

:-)  This project is just a part of the cryptocurrency project. Oerushield is an invention for any communitycoin (which are small by definition) to help them survive in the large crypto-ecosystem. There  it is impossible to defend a POW network by a majority hashing power and to rely only on the blockchain and its core-wallet. Those who suggest otherwise lie. Smaller networks are harassed by large mining pools. Thats over now for e-Gulden, a dutch country coin, at least:

kaltun

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:34:57 PM

i realy didnt this coin would survive Smiley

now i see an active community with nice developments.

i bought some , but my wallet does take a long time to sync......

need an bootstrap.dat .... who has this for me Smiley
Yoshi Livo

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:22:23 AM

Its a bit outdated ... https://guldenplaza.nl/blog/post/5/e-gulden-bootstrapdat
kaltun

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:15:45 PM

thx for the reply and link.... but i dont think i not am gonna get involve with this .....

- no really support , they dont even answer/reply to my mails...
- website is very amateurish...

btw they have now bounty on their website , they gonna give 1000 EFL for everyone who are joining , one thing i wanna say , read their term carefully , i didnt Smiley

EFLFoundation (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:52:23 PM

thx for the reply and link.... but i dont think i not am gonna get involve with this .....

- no really support , they dont even answer/reply to my mails...
- website is very amateurish...

btw they have now bounty on their website , they gonna give 1000 EFL for everyone who are joining , one thing i wanna say , read their term carefully , i didnt Smiley

What mailaddress did you use that you did not get response? We currently allocate 4 hours a day to respond to mails. I don't think we've met by each other by mail.

To answer you bootstrap question. Contrary to Bitcoin a bootstrap is completely not necessary with EFL. If you have a good connection It will take you two hours, or maybe double to download the entire chain. 1GB at most. Just start your wallet an go have a beer.

Guldenplaza is, at it's current state,  a representation of the current cryptocurrency-market. People don't spend their cryptocurrency. They save it. Ever heart of gresham's law? Markets, except for exchanges, are premature.

Remember that e-Gulden is a country coin. We understand that you cannot understand the nature of the campaign that is currently running.
We challenge the existing community to take up their responsibility to be an ambassador: If you convince new people to run a corewallet both you and the novice are rewarded. In fact, by subscribing, running a corewallet and behave as an ambassador you can mine EFL directly from the premine.
Indiansummer

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:40:42 PM

When is the apple-wallet expected? At this moment iet's not possible for me to joint the campaign because of lack of apple wallet.
Yoshi Livo

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:31:45 PM

When is the apple-wallet expected? At this moment iet's not possible for me to joint the campaign because of lack of apple wallet.

I cant make any promises, because i am not running this campaign, but just subscribe with the v1.2.0.4.  Version and send an email to foundation@e-gulden.org with relevant info. Last campaign this was enough for me to get into the rewards system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: