Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:46:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EFL] Electronic Gulden | The Netherlands  (Read 82195 times)
EFLFoundation (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:35:33 PM

Our latest newsletters 23 with all details about the second phase of the oerushield campain: https://e-gulden.org/index.php/nieuwsbrieven

An english abstract follows. If somebody wants to translate the newsletter itself be our guest.

Newsletter 23 is about the actual and future destination of the e-Gulden premine. Its destination is and remains to let as many people (that have a relation with the Netherlands and know its language) get acquainted with cryptocurrency and e-Gulden in particular. The newsletter presents the results of the first stage and all accounting. Tips are given to participate and plans for future distribution.
We invite all e-gulden owners to use their own network to promote our campaign. Simply by subscribing to our newsletter and by running an e-Gulden node that transmits an e-Gulden receiving address you help to extend the e-Gulden network and to participate to the campaign. If you are not directed to the campaign by an existing ambassador you can become one yourself by linking to foundation@e-gulden.org as your ambassador. In fact, we let nodes mine our premine and request some cryptocurrency promotion in return.

Queen_Amber

Activity: 214
Merit: 11

Cryptocurrency is the FUTURE!

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:14:07 AM

EFL doing good Smiley

ツ Message me on Telegram @Flour ツ
 Or message me on Kik @ Treat
 ☮♡ I love everybody! ☮♡ 

Karl_Marx

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:39:31 AM

Nice, we survived abother round of Bittrex delistings. 8th December Time and Tkn will be gone.
William74

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:38:30 PM

Hi, is it possible to compile the EFL Gui wallet for a raspberry pi, running raspbian? I tried, but now I have the feeling I'm too much of a noob to pull that off... got stuck in errors resulting in "recipe for target 'bitcoin-qt' failed" Not really important, but would be nice to see it work and the network would gain a full node 24/7 Smiley
Anyone?
Yoshi Livo

Activity: 544
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:18:31 PM

Hi, is it possible to compile the EFL Gui wallet for a raspberry pi, running raspbian? I tried, but now I have the feeling I'm too much of a noob to pull that off... got stuck in errors resulting in "recipe for target 'bitcoin-qt' failed" Not really important, but would be nice to see it work and the network would gain a full node 24/7 Smiley
Anyone?

Apparently not...

On another note, I bought my first Lambo today for the amount of 150 EFL, You like it?

https://imgur.com/gallery/SMH0B
kaltun

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:33:05 PM

Anyone?

Apparently not...

On another note, I bought my first Lambo today for the amount of 150 EFL, You like it?

wow , you can pay it in efl at that store Huh where is it btw ??
Yoshi Livo

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:05:00 PM

Anyone?

Apparently not...

Big surprise, No ofcourse I Can Not pay with Efl there, we hardly have any community, so Why would a merchant bother? In fiat And BTC I however did make a Nice profit with Efl that allowed me to pay for This miniature car. I have found people around me that accept Efl And This way I can fullfill all My needs. I do Not see any added value in bringing merchants on board, we need people First, if merchants see there are people with money to spend they Will want to sell their product to them.
SpAcEDeViL
Legendary

Activity: 986
Merit: 1027

Miner-Control.de Pooler

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 06:55:06 PM

██╗      ███╗ ██╗██╗      █╗█████╗█████╗                █████╗     ██████╗  ███╗      ██╗████████╗██████╗  █████╗  ██╗     
███╗  ████║ ██║███╗    █║██╔══╝█╔══██╗            ██╔═══╝   ██╔═══██╗████╗    ██║╚══██╔══╝██╔══██╗█╔═══█╗██║     
█╔████╔██║ ██║█╔██╗  █║████╗  █████╔╝████╗ ██║            ██║      ██║██╔██╗  ██║      ██║      ██████╔╝█║      █║██║     
█║╚██╔╝██║ ██║█║╚██╗█║██╔═╝  █╔═██╗╚════╝ ██║            ██║      ██║██║╚██╗██║      ██║      ██╔══██╗█║      █║██║     
█║  ╚═╝  ██║ ██║█║  ╚███║█████╗█║    ██║            ╚█████╗   ╚██████╔╝██║  ╚████║      ██║      ██║    ██║╚████╔╝██████╗
╚╝          ╚═╝ ╚═╝╚╝    ╚══╝╚════╝╚╝    ╚═╝              ╚════╝     ╚═════╝  ╚═╝    ╚═══╝      ╚═╝      ╚═╝    ╚═╝  ╚═══╝  ╚═════╝

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

############# Mining your fav. Coin! ################
##                                                                                                ##
##                        NEW COIN: EFL added!                                   ##
##                                                                                                ##
##       NOW you can mine EFL on https://miner-control.de       ##
##                        Port:      3335                                                  ##
##                        Algo:      scrypt                                                ##
##                        Low fee: 1%                                                    ##
##                Make the network more decentralized!                    ##
##             Mine here to protect the chain from splits!                  ##
##                Your Fav. Coin is missing? Request it!                      ##
############################################

Code:
-o stratum+tcp://miner-control.de:3335 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> -p c=EFL

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Feel free to mine here!

niknik1966

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

DIW - Security Decentralized,Life Revolutionized

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:15:19 PM

A coin is well traded. I managed to earn good money on it. Has given a good growth on stock exchanges.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀

SECURITY DECENTRALIZED

Yoshi Livo

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:45:42 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 12:26:45 PM by Yoshi Livo

Merry Christmas to all EFL enthousiasts! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFSzifiksWw  
ChrisDogeMuch

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:03:44 PM

Got some EFL'S left on my Poloniex account.

Guess what, I cant withdraw them cause of verification issues. My second account got verified tho, my first didnt. Hope it get fixed soon so I can use my EFL'S.
Bluesman75

Activity: 115
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:13:12 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 08:29:08 PM by Bluesman75

The monitoring system of the campaign is not working, two days that the time with the wallet open is not counting for the campaign.  Huh

You can check it on the overview page of the campaign.

https://e-gulden.org/index.php/e-Gulden_oeruschild_verloop
Bluesman75

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:00:29 AM

Once again, a glitch in the system for 5 hours now and counting. You can check on the campaign page:

Yoshi Livo

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:50:36 PM

Once again, a glitch in the system for 5 hours now and counting. You can check on the campaign page:

I am not the person to respond to this, but this is a known glitch. You have to make sure one of the foundations servers is a connected peer by adding dnsseed8.egulden.org to your list of connected peers.
Bluesman75

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:08:05 AM

I am not the person to respond to this, but this is a known glitch. You have to make sure one of the foundations servers is a connected peer by adding dnsseed8.egulden.org to your list of connected peers.

Thanks for the advice.  Grin
Bluesman75

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:06:03 PM

Well, after two weeks of working with the new wallet (Windows 32 Bit wallet) on Windows XP, it keeps crashing at many instances. I Hope that maybe in the next release it can work on XP.  Sad
EFLFoundation (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:40:43 PM

Hi Folks,  We've been quite busy. If you need "immediate" answers you can reach us at support@e-gulden.org though.

Rewinding a bit:
EFL doing good Smiley
Yes we are!

Nice, we survived abother round of Bittrex delistings. 8th December Time and Tkn will be gone.
No we are not. On the contrary.
The difference between EFL and most Tkn's is that we are mineable and therefore real cryptocurrency. 70% of all tokens is not.
Even more: EFL is POW. many of the remaining "true" cryptocurrencies resorted to POS and hard-forks, thus sacrificing decentralisation.

Anyone?
We compiled the deamon for ARM. It runs perfectly on raspberry. Once on unix and for the purpose of running a node resort to cli. A few members did compile the gui-version. PM to get in contact.

You can pay with EFL anywhere. If the recipient has never heard of it just let him go to https://efl.nl  .
Nver heard of it either? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs2Qmgw-1ZY

There were a few glitches, but we completely redesigned the campaign to get rid of them; The third stage is running smooth.

Well, after two weeks of working with the new wallet (Windows 32 Bit wallet) on Windows XP, it keeps crashing at many instances. I Hope that maybe in the next release it can work on XP.  Sad
Bitcoin abondoned XP too. With pain in our hearts we had to do so too because of crashes in mscom32.dll . If we can manage to rebuild a stable xp-version we will publish it

Last but not least: Happy newyear to you all
EFLFoundation (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:15:22 PM

Some people are wondering what an e-Gulden "Ambassador" means so maybe we should give some clarification.
In fact ambassadors mine the e-Gulden premine by extending the e-Gulden network. Because the e-Gulden is a country-coin they must know the dutch language.

We must rewind a bit to help you understand:

e-Gulden was erected by a group of students that quickly understood the project was to big for them.
They called for help and suggested the community (early investors and others interested) should take the lead.
The challenge was taken by a group of professional volunteers that established an association, the Electronic Gulden Foundation.

For three years this group elaborated on the project and witnessed a harsh environment of cryptocoin-competition and hostile mining behaviour,
alongside loyalty and community support. The association took on the challenge of guarding the e-Gulden assets, to educate by means of a website and publications and to set-up campaigns to distribute an important premine to as many dutch citizens as possible.
The association dit not feel compelled to invest themselves and had promised not to use the premine as an investment vehicle.

During the process of monitoring the e-Gulden network the two main core-developers elaborated a solution to protect the network against hostility.
They acknowledged the fact that a countrycoin has a mining-minority by definition in a global playingfield.
The possibility of an 51% attack has not been solved (and will intentionally not be solved) by the bitcoin-core developers, because they are convinced that they can rely on a mining majority.
The option to create a hard-fork and to introduce a proof of stake solution was very unsatisfactory to us:
- A hard fork is against the principles of true cryptocurrencies because it changes the monitary conditions. The true value of a cryptocurrency is that these don't change.
- The Proof of Stake option introduces many disadvantages to proof of work and and especially an new sense of centralisation that Satoshi strived to eliminate

Our solution was to introduce loyalty. In a playingfield of anonimous miners we introduced proof of loyalty and the possibility of miner identification. Miners that do not want to comply to loyalty can just continue to mine,
but one out of six transaction-blocks needs to be mined by a loyal miner. We presented our solution (a soft fork) to the community and implemented it last summer (2017). It was released mid august and within one month we witnessed its effects:
- The network became increadably stable. What that means is that the two-minute blockinterval became very reliable not only in the long term but also in the short term.
- The network has never been abused since by large mining pools that use an exploit to manipulate network difficulty.
- Because loyal miners are comprised by a stable set of pools and miners they also impose a limit on the total mining capacity allowed (one sixth of it is allocated to them).
- The mining profitibility is greatly increased because the mining difficulty is now dictaded by the capacity of loyal miners and not only by the marketprice of EFL.

The major advantage, not mentioned yet, is that the importance of mining is greatly reduced. The network is safe, even with a small loyal community with minimal hardware.
This solves the last issue with respect to the e-Gulden network: minging rewards are halved very year and by 2025 only one EFL will be mined per day and therefore, in the future EFL will largely depend on miner loyalty.

This comfortable position allowed us to look at "what's next" on the list of importance. While everybody in the crypto-sphere focusses on security, anonimity, capacity and profitibility we discerned another point of concern.
One small sentence: DECENTRALISATION is at danger.
If you look at the blocksize debate and the incentives to hardfork Bitcoin, the evolution of ICO's and the Proof of Stake compromise, cryptocurrency as a whole is evolving into islands of centralisation.
Even with Bitcoin we see this tendancy. If you look at the number of nodes (copies of the blockchain) you see it hardly increases, or even decreases (currently only 10.000 nodes).
More and more participants are less inclined to store their cryptocurrency in their own wallet but use new banks, exchanges or hosted wallet.

Therefore we introduced the embassador campaign (ambassadeur in Dutch). We descided to allocate the premine to a new form of mining: Reward the presence of a node in the e-Gulden network.
During a period of four years and stages of two months participants are rewarded proportional to the amount of hours their node/wallet is connected to the network. After you have participated during a two month stage you become a/embassador.
Ambassadors continue to be rewarded, but they only receive their full reward if they convince new dutch participants to join.

This way we achieve a network and a decentralisation effect that could not have been achieved otherwise.

This is how ambassadors mine the premine by extending the e-Gulden network.
silverf28

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:50:06 AM

i love this project Smiley

Bluesman75

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:03:42 PM

There were a few glitches, but we completely redesigned the campaign to get rid of them; The third stage is running smooth.

Last but not least: Happy newyear to you all

Sorry to inform, but the glitch is still present, dnsseed8 and dnseed6 keeps connecting and disconnecting, primarly on weekends, and the hours are not accounted for the campaign. During week days it seems to work fine. Something is happening and I can't find what it is.  Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: