Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:39:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FaucetBOX.com - API & faucet script, create your own crypto faucet  (Read 119977 times)
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:31:02 AM

That part about certain faucets changing things once they are approved... Do you ban them indefinitely?

That depends. If we believe that the owner tries to trick us or if he repeatedly does the same thing, we ban him. However if we're not sure that owner's intentions are bad, we do give him a chance or two. Quite often we see that taking faucet down from the list is enough and the owner starts playing nicely.

Where do i directly report things to?

There's a report button next to every faucet on your list: https://faucetbox.com/list (the exclamation mark). You can also send an email directly to support@faucetbox.com. Just make sure you include the name and URL of faucet.

Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are of my own, not FaucetBOX.com's.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mottsimon

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:43:53 AM

That part about certain faucets changing things once they are approved... Do you ban them indefinitely?

That depends. If we believe that the owner tries to trick us or if he repeatedly does the same thing, we ban him. However if we're not sure that owner's intentions are bad, we do give him a chance or two. Quite often we see that taking faucet down from the list is enough and the owner starts playing nicely.

There's a report button next to every faucet on your list: https://faucetbox.com/list (the exclamation mark). You can also send an email directly to support@faucetbox.com. Just make sure you include the name and URL of faucet.

Ok, thats useful to know. What if you were to take a deposit that is held aside from each faucet that registers with you. And have a three strike rule and the deposit is taken. If they have something to lose then maybe they would think twice about changing things. This way you would get less scammy faucets with bad intentions wanting to sign up with you in the first place... I don't see why an owner would have a problem with this if they were legit. If they stopped their faucet at anytime, you could return the deposit thereafter...

Kind Regards,
nano-btc

Activity: 98

Faucet owner

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:11:09 PM

Ok, thats useful to know. What if you were to take a deposit that is held aside from each faucet that registers with you. And have a three strike rule and the deposit is taken. If they have something to lose then maybe they would think twice about changing things. This way you would get less scammy faucets with bad intentions wanting to sign up with you in the first place... I don't see why an owner would have a problem with this if they were legit. If they stopped their faucet at anytime, you could return the deposit thereafter...

Kind Regards,

Then everyone will move to Paytoshi, Xapo and others.
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:13:20 PM

What if you were to take a deposit that is held aside from each faucet that registers with you. And have a three strike rule and the deposit is taken. If they have something to lose then maybe they would think twice about changing things. This way you would get less scammy faucets with bad intentions wanting to sign up with you in the first place... I don't see why an owner would have a problem with this if they were legit. If they stopped their faucet at anytime, you could return the deposit thereafter...

While I think that would improve things, I'm not so sure about good owners not having problem with that. I know that I wouldn't agree with that, because what if I would get marked as scammy by mistake? Mistakes happen Smiley. What's more, it's hard to justify legally. If think we would need a lawyer for that...

It's just a really hard issue with no easy fix. But we're making small incremental changes that makes things better - 6 months ago it was much worse than now Smiley.

BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:49:33 PM

How does the faucetbox script stop users from using a faucet more than once? Is it just IP address? I've created a website but would like to know the best way to stop users creating more than one account.
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:52:08 PM

How does the faucetbox script stop users from using a faucet more than once? Is it just IP address? I've created a website but would like to know the best way to stop users creating more than one account.

IP address + bitcoin address (but that one is easy to change). There are no other ways that I can think of...

BitcoinStriker

Activity: 518

I am the one who knocks.

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:07:54 PM

Sent my Faucet for approval  Grin

Hello.
Is it me you are looking for?
nano-btc

Faucet owner

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:21:16 PM

They are approving fast now, I just changed my rewards and I got approved really fast Cheesy
BitcoinStriker

I am the one who knocks.

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:39:54 PM

They are approving fast now, I just changed my rewards and I got approved really fast Cheesy

Nice! I'll update here with my Faucet once I get approved Smiley

Hello.
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:05:31 AM

IMPORTANT

Another faucet owner got hacked and lost his coins on FaucetBOX.com. It happened the same way as previous 2 hacks (many smaller withdrawals in short timespan coming from the faucet, not made through FaucetBOX.com Dashboard). The thing those three owners had in common was a faucet script made by Raphael M. I don't know whether it's just a coincidence, a bug in the script or a backdoor, but I ask everyone with Raphael's scripts to review their scripts' codes and make sure there's nothing suspicious there.

As always: keep your passwords private, keep them strong, make sure your hosting is safe and don't use any scripts from persons you don't trust (including Javascript, as it can be used to steal the session cookie).

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 11:10:26 AM

IMPORTANT

Another faucet owner got hacked and lost his coins on FaucetBOX.com. It happened the same way as previous 2 hacks (many smaller withdrawals in short timespan coming from the faucet, not made through FaucetBOX.com Dashboard). The thing those three owners had in common was a faucet script made by Raphael M. I don't know whether it's just a coincidence, a bug in the script or a backdoor, but I ask everyone with Raphael's scripts to review their scripts' codes and make sure there's nothing suspicious there.

As always: keep your passwords private, keep them strong, make sure your hosting is safe and don't use any scripts from persons you don't trust (including Javascript, as it can be used to steal the session cookie).
I believe that Raphael bases his scripts on the faucet package MiniFaucet, so it could be a back door within that script. While I am not a professional, if anyone would like me to run through their script PM me and I'll see what I can do.
BitcoinStriker

I am the one who knocks.

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:10:36 PM

IMPORTANT

What do you recommend to avoid this? Simply not add random codes to your website?

Hello.
Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 01:26:54 PM

IMPORTANT

What do you recommend to avoid this? Simply not add random codes to your website?
Exactly. Proofread and check any code on your site before going live. As faucet owner you are responsible for your funds' safety.

BitcoinStriker

I am the one who knocks.

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:32:51 PM

IMPORTANT

Exactly. Proofread and check any code on your site before going live. As faucet owner you are responsible for your funds' safety.

Ok thanks

Hello.
BitcoinStriker

I am the one who knocks.

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:33:35 PM

Approved! Yay!

Check it out here: WaterBTC

Hello.
nano-btc

Faucet owner

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:43:06 PM

Approved! Yay!

Why do you have free domain? I can provide you .com domain for 4$ in BTC.
Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 01:52:33 PM

Approved! Yay!

What is so bad about a free domain?

BitcoinStriker

I am the one who knocks.

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:57:02 PM

Approved! Yay!

What is so bad about a free domain?

I also dont know whats so wrong about it

Approved! Yay!

Like I said in my Faucet thread, I want to start the faucet "without" a investment (of course I had to load my wallet before hand) but when I get some cash the first think I will do is move on to a decent hosting and domain.
I might just contact you, thanks!

Hello.
FaucetWorld

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:07:21 PM

Approved! Yay!

Check it out here: ]WaterBTC

Where/how i can check for $4 .com domain availability?
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 03:37:17 PM

A free domain shouldn't be used simply because it is unprofessional and is also caught by spam filters on services as malicious. A paid TLD is best.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: