Bitcoin Forum
July 20, 2018, 11:46:44 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 464 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2108637 times)
tedmorning

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:24:28 AM

Getting place! Maybe I will invest! looks crazy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. Header-only clients like MultiBit trust that the majority of mining power is honest for the purposes of enforcing network rules such as the 21 million BTC limit. Full clients do not trust miners in this way.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitChipper

Activity: 602
Merit: 278

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:46:57 PM

hej tempus
i know you are a long time in factom.
what is your opinion about the inflation rate of 73k factoids a month?
Do you think we will see a reduction in price in the coming months?
I'm not sure what to do, had expected the price to be a little bit more after M3.
I also expected that the community would be much bigger now but there are not many people left.
I know that factom is a genius project, but as an investment point of view i do not know if it will still be when those 73k factoids come on the market.
I also think that companies will not come out with news soon because why would they?
And if the NDA 's expires factom also will not bring out companys out of respect, I think.
So what remains to look forward for the coming months?
My wife says stay in factom Wink
In any case, factom has given me much more confidence than neucoin has ever done hahaha.
So how do you expect it to go in the coming months?
greetings

Hi factoo3!

You know me because of my rants against Neucoin? ;-)

Regarding your questions: No, I don't believe that the inflation that starts with M3 will have much if any negative effect on the price, because 1) in comparison to many other projects the inflation rate is not that high. 2) M3 is a big step and progress in the Factom-history and a base for much more.  

73k factoids created per month between 21 nodes, these are companies and groups running these nodes...people have to get paid.

Of course it will have an effect on price, they will be selling off these coins...

Things really not looking good for the price of FCT in 2018

In one year factom went from #18 on coin market cap to #97  Embarrassed
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1038

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:02:46 PM

hej tempus
i know you are a long time in factom.
what is your opinion about the inflation rate of 73k factoids a month?
Do you think we will see a reduction in price in the coming months?
I'm not sure what to do, had expected the price to be a little bit more after M3.
I also expected that the community would be much bigger now but there are not many people left.
I know that factom is a genius project, but as an investment point of view i do not know if it will still be when those 73k factoids come on the market.
I also think that companies will not come out with news soon because why would they?
And if the NDA 's expires factom also will not bring out companys out of respect, I think.
So what remains to look forward for the coming months?
My wife says stay in factom Wink
In any case, factom has given me much more confidence than neucoin has ever done hahaha.
So how do you expect it to go in the coming months?
greetings

Hi factoo3!

You know me because of my rants against Neucoin? ;-)

Regarding your questions: No, I don't believe that the inflation that starts with M3 will have much if any negative effect on the price, because 1) in comparison to many other projects the inflation rate is not that high. 2) M3 is a big step and progress in the Factom-history and a base for much more.  

73k factoids created per month between 21 nodes, these are companies and groups running these nodes...people have to get paid.

Of course it will have an effect on price, they will be selling off these coins...

Things really not looking good for the price of FCT in 2018

In one year factom went from #18 on coin market cap to #97  Embarrassed

What is bad for the price is not that much the inflation which is not high at all compared to other projects. It's silence what is bad for the price, disappointment because people believed that M3 would also bring some bigger announcements. That did not happen yet, besides the FPT-partnership.

That's why the case is simple in my opinion: If there will be bigger announcements the price will surely react on that. If not it will react as well and yes, inflation would not be helpful in such a scenario of course.
bitChipper

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:43:26 PM
Merited by cesmak (1)

Well one of the things to remember is that there are now 21 nodes ran by companies and groups of people that were chosen by factom inc because of what they can bring to the protocol or what use they can bring to it

So now instead of it only being Factom Inc trying to bring use to the protocol it will be alot more, I think what DChapman has done with Factomize is a great example.

Authority nodes will have a big incentive to bring use to the protocol and get more factoids burned since they are getting paid in factom to run their nodes.

I think that alot of people (myself included) were thinking M3 would be a big "finishing" event, when really it was just a pivot or turn in the direction of the project.

Why no price action?.....IMO its just because there are zero speculators....maybe the only way the factoid will ever see price action is because of real factoids being burned for real world use.
factoo3

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:39:20 PM

Thanks tempus for your time.
Was just curious about your opinion.
At this point I am almost hoping that there will be a mega crash so I can buy more.
Strange world crypto.....hoping for a mega crash......
But ye I think probably sooner a crash than a rise.
Good luck everybody😁
MrSunshine

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:22:48 AM

Thanks tempus for your time.
Was just curious about your opinion.
At this point I am almost hoping that there will be a mega crash so I can buy more.
Strange world crypto.....hoping for a mega crash......
But ye I think probably sooner a crash than a rise.
Good luck everybody😁

A mega crash will occur some day, but likely from much higher valuations. The dip into early April was quite substantial, and was a good buying opportunity. Consensus is coming up and prices will likely rise.
Ferdo

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:49:33 PM

Anybody using arbitrage opportunities on BCEX? Are deposits/withdrawals enabled?
bitChipper

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:59:27 PM

Anybody using arbitrage opportunities on BCEX? Are deposits/withdrawals enabled?

I dont think so, but that exchange is really bringing down the avg on cmc
skybot13x

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

“Decentralizing Wealth Building Investment Opportu

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:49:26 PM

I would always be careful with arbitrage opportunities, just saying. Sometimes there really is arbitrage opportunity, but often sometimes there are problems involved like wallets in maintenance on exchanges or a stuck blockchain or whatever. Make sure there is no severe problem before you start transferring large amounts to exploit arbitrage opportunities.

Transforming Venture Capital
     ▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇  READ OUR WHITEPAPER  ▇▇

███████████       ▄▄█████▄▄        ████      ████   ████
      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄█████▀▀▀█████▄     ████      ████   ████
      ████          ▐███▀       ▀███▌    ████      ████   ████
      ██████████    ███▌         ▐███    ████      ████   ████
      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▐███         ███▌    ████      ████   ████
      ████           ████▄▄   ▄▄████     █████▄  ▄█████   ████
      ███████████     ▀▀█████████▀▀       ▀██████████▀    ████
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▀████▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀
                        █▄▄  ▀▀██
                         ▀████▄▄
                           ▀▀████
                               ▀▀
Telegram Chat
ANN Thread
Website
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit
bitChipper

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:35:58 PM

I would always be careful with arbitrage opportunities, just saying. Sometimes there really is arbitrage opportunity, but often sometimes there are problems involved like wallets in maintenance on exchanges or a stuck blockchain or whatever. Make sure there is no severe problem before you start transferring large amounts to exploit arbitrage opportunities.

Polo has been down for months anyways, I also would be cautious about arbitrage, especially on newer less trusted asian exchanges.
monarx911@i.ua

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:49:34 PM

the team must start taking marketing measures, people buy shit without knowing anything about the factom, FCT it is a coin of the gods!

faragly

Activity: 518
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:23:41 AM

the team must start taking marketing measures, people buy shit without knowing anything about the factom, FCT it is a coin of the gods!
You strongly believe in this project. In my experience, I realized that you can not fall in love with the project, otherwise sanity is lost. Wink

bitChipper

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:56:44 AM

You strongly believe in this project. In my experience, I realized that you can not fall in love with the project, otherwise sanity is lost. Wink

I saw a member of a facebook group post pictures of his margin account after monero had its first huge run up, he had around 300 btc after selling around the new all time high. Granted this was back in 2016 so btc was alot less back then but  everyone was asking him "oh, how did you do it?" or "dang, you must be an awesome trader".....the guy responded pretty plainly with:

"I kept buying and stuck with a project that i knew was legit"

People always say you shouldn't fall in love or be emotionally attached to a project, but say that to the same person who just saw their coin that they have been buying and supporting for years go 100x....

Ya you can diversify all you want but the key to making massive amounts of bitcoin when trading alts is to have a lot of bitcoin into an altcoin before it goes parabolic (obviously) and then everyone else realizes..."Oh, ya that coin is legit, no wonder it's pumping so hard"...it's the long time supporters and hodlers that make the most when a coin goes parabolic....

As gruesome as it is right now for factom.....call me delusional if you want....I still think it has this parabolic potential.....even if not yall can suck it, the btc i put into fct when i bought it is worth so much more now that i break even anyway.  Tongue
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:20:07 AM

When I found Factom in 2015, right after it hit Poloniex, and did my first research I came to this conclusions (of course it was a bit more complex):

- The team can be trusted that they are hard workers with a lot of expertise and I had zero doubts they would just give it up
- The economical model is one of the best, actually it is the best, I've ever seen. That was a major aspect for me, because it shows how thoughtful they are
- If a good time keeps on progressing the "psychological market" will kick in at some point... more practical: Just patience is needed
- At the moment: Fundamental progress is obvious and from what I read there is not much known yet in regards of bigger partnerships but the team seems to show a lot of confidence.

Under the line: The price is much higher now than it was in 2015, but the principle hasn't changed in my opinion. It still makes sense to just be patient because the probability that this goes completely wrong is much lower than the opposite in my opinion.
Flash86

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:45:54 AM

Whats going on with Factom? It was one of best Crypto projects in 2016 and I saw the price is very low.

I have not followed the project for a year, can you tell me what development is going on now and what is the next milestone.

▄█████▀
████▀▀
████

████
████
████
████
████

████
████▄▄▄▄
██████▀
.D e a l j o y.
▄██████
▀▀▀▀████
████

████
████
████
████
████

████
▄▄████
▄█████▀
shixd8899

Activity: 280
Merit: 46

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:33:01 PM

I like this coin. Factom has another round of financing to raise funds for the expansion of the project and look forward to greater development. I added it to my collection.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
faragly

Activity: 518
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:43:54 PM

When I found Factom in 2015, right after it hit Poloniex, and did my first research I came to this conclusions (of course it was a bit more complex):

- The team can be trusted that they are hard workers with a lot of expertise and I had zero doubts they would just give it up
- The economical model is one of the best, actually it is the best, I've ever seen. That was a major aspect for me, because it shows how thoughtful they are
- If a good time keeps on progressing the "psychological market" will kick in at some point... more practical: Just patience is needed
- At the moment: Fundamental progress is obvious and from what I read there is not much known yet in regards of bigger partnerships but the team seems to show a lot of confidence.

Under the line: The price is much higher now than it was in 2015, but the principle hasn't changed in my opinion. It still makes sense to just be patient because the probability that this goes completely wrong is much lower than the opposite in my opinion.
I have a lot of patience, I will keep FCTs up to my goals. I just stopped buying, decided to diversify my portfolio and not be tied to one project.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:42:55 PM

Recent Paul Snow Quote

"Come to Austin, we'll have some BBQ (or salad... It's a foodie town, and I'd eat anything) and I'll remind you over a beer (or some artisan water) why we are unique among crypto, show you where even big projects like hyperledger are trying to emulate what we are doing, and show you why we are still five steps ahead. Factom implemented segwit before segwit even was a term, and we did it in a massively more complete way. We addressed the decentralization issue with mining pools by simply buying our proof of work, and introduced the term "anchoring" to the space. In anchoring, we've figured out how to pay to build infrastructure with our rewards rather than paying utility bills. With m3 the community can now see the path for many companies to work to push the protocol. Develop new technolgy. Increase security. Address wallet issues, exchange issues, sponsor conferences, drive developer adoption. Finally I can say with confidence that it isn't about what I need to do, or Factom inc. needs to do, but what WE need to do. We have more resources, more players, and no boundaries. Our tech handles use cases that other blockchains can't address, but they don't have any use cases out of our reach. After all, computation is fundamentally about manipulating data by programs, which are themselves data. And we are data."

https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/8kzmn7/recent_paul_snow_quote/
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1002

keybase.io/mishax1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:44:30 AM

Check out the market 20% sell off, a good indicator to go up.
GröBkAz

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:35:54 AM

Hi guys, just been looking at the FCT chart, it's at a pretty good buy point right now, anything coming up apart from the hackathon? Updates etc?

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
Pages: « 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 464 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.