Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:13:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
Emericana

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:16:43 AM

"[...]not approved at least by Microsoft company, it is not necessary to say that this project is worth the attention". My god, my eyes are bleeding !! So microsoft azure is now the only way to tell if a project is nice or not ?? Ahaha

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:19:12 AM

I'm waiting for FactomDark.

With the promise to record maybe-(not)existing-data and nobody will ever be able to find it anywhere, or to figure out if it really exists, and it anchors in DarkEther and some other shadydarkscams.

Maybe I'll do it myself, because if it's done right it won't even need code, just dark magic! Cheesy
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:29:58 AM

"[...]not approved at least by Microsoft company, it is not necessary to say that this project is worth the attention". My god, my eyes are bleeding !! So microsoft azure is now the only way to tell if a project is nice or not ?? Ahaha

No, it's not. But at least it is one of many signs that Factom is on a really good way and taken seriously. Why? Because it's obvious that Factom is not just about future promises. The team delivers, is highly active and I never saw a project that is so thought-out in every aspect.

With that said: It's not possible to compare a PoS-Coin that started 2 weeks ago with some promises with Factom and to say that it would do more with less money and all the nice words. I don't say it's not with good intentions, but while it's easy to sing the correct words of "I want it all" it doesn't make anybody to Freddie Mercury. ;-)

Great song btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 03:52:50 AM

No, it's not. But at least it is one of many signs that Factom is on a really good way and taken seriously. Why? Because it's obvious that Factom is not just about future promises. The team delivers, is highly active and I never saw a project that is so thought-out in every aspect.

With that said: It's not possible to compare a PoS-Coin that started 2 weeks ago with some promises with Factom and to say that it would do more with less money and all the nice words. I don't say it's not with good intentions, but while it's easy to sing the correct words of "I want it all" it doesn't make anybody to Freddie Mercury. ;-)

This "PoS-Coin" was actually launched 9 months ago on May 17, 2015; 7 months before FACTOM. Only 2 weeks the coin rebranded to a more professional image. Also, only 2 weeks ago the first SmartChain phase was released to the mainnet for public use. I think Phase 2 should be coming tomorrow or so. It took over 9 months to develop this ground breaking technology. The Radium development team delivers and is active. And already have delivered/are continuing to deliver on their promises.

Mining since 2014
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 04:43:27 AM

This "PoS-Coin" was actually launched 9 months ago on May 17, 2015; 7 months before FACTOM. Only 2 weeks the coin rebranded to a more professional image. Also, only 2 weeks ago the first SmartChain phase was released to the mainnet for public use. I think Phase 2 should be coming tomorrow or so. It took over 9 months to develop this ground breaking technology. The Radium development team delivers and is active. And already have delivered/are continuing to deliver on their promises.

I have nothing against that project and I wish you all the best with it. I just wouldn't compare it with Factom because there are reasons why Factom is where it is. And if you believe it's just about money: That Factom is well funded is also a result of work. They started over 12 months ago with it. You seem to believe Factom started when it hit Poloniex, but you just have to look when this thread started: November 07, 2014, 03:55:09 AM, and it needed also work before. It's about every step.

There may be similarities regarding the base-idea, but it's not just about that. It's about the whole concept and every detail and how it's done and sure, than it's also about money-backing. There are also reasons why Radiom is where it is. There must be reasons why it needed a re-launch or why it needed even a new Twitter account with actually 35 followers or why the coinmarketcap shows a chart since Jan 18 and so on. That are also the reasons why I believed it's a new project.

But again, I wish you all the best with it and maybe it will be a success and maybe it's helpful to get some attention for it in the Factom-thread. ;-)
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 04:51:56 AM

They started over 12 months ago with it. You seem to believe Factom started when it hit Poloniex, but you just have to look when this thread started: November 07, 2014, 03:55:09 AM, and it needed also work before. It's about every step.

Woops, misread the launch date of FACTOM as 2015- my bad  Grin

Mining since 2014
BrianDeery

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:03:15 AM

I started on this project (formerly Notarychains) in July 2014.
https://github.com/FactomProject/FactomDocs/commit/2791c51917e3ecc65dc52bfc434ca6dec0b3a1fd

It was presented to the public at Cryptolina in August 2014.
http://blog.factom.org/post/126596833794/technical-update-towards-rc2

goblynn

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:04:22 AM

I have nothing against that project and I wish you all the best with it. I just wouldn't compare it with Factom because there are reasons why Factom is where it is. And if you believe it's just about money: That Factom is well funded is also a result of work. They started over 12 months ago with it. You seem to believe Factom started when it hit Poloniex, but you just have to look when this thread started: November 07, 2014, 03:55:09 AM, and it needed also work before. It's about every step.

There may be similarities regarding the base-idea, but it's not just about that. It's about the whole concept and every detail and how it's done and sure, than it's also about money-backing. There are also reasons why Radiom is where it is. There must be reasons why it needed a re-launch or why it needed even a new Twitter account with actually 35 followers or why the coinmarketcap shows a chart since Jan 18 and so on. That are also the reasons why I believed it's a new project.

But again, I wish you all the best with it and maybe it will be a success and maybe it's helpful to get some attention for it in the Factom-thread. ;-)

the reason coinmarketcap's charts are like that is because of the rebranding(not relaunch) we didnt want to have to do everything twice..so the rebrand was done(pretty much just some name shuffling and graphic updates) and then coinmarketcap was contacted and one of the devs asked me if i would run the twitter account so i set that up just a week or two ago..ive been with the radon project since the beginning and have helped test the smartchain client and stuff..

but its finally coming together and the tech is really quite nice...we just havent spent a whole lot of time just yet trying to promote the coin..we wanted things functioning correctly..

i really like the idea of encoding data into blockchains and its cool seeing another coin getting a lot of attention(factom) it means people want this sorta tech..so im excited about both of these coins and their approach to data on the chain Smiley

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread | Slack
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:31:35 PM

With the promise to record maybe-(not)existing-data and nobody will ever be able to find it anywhere, or to figure out if it really exists, and it anchors in DarkEther and some other shadydarkscams.

Maybe I'll do it myself, because if it's done right it won't even need code, just dark magic! Cheesy

Full anonymity s one of the worst traits of Bitcoin. It s attracted lots of scammers and ponzi pumpers. Having something like that in any other coins is something I really would not like to see.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
MisfiringNeuron

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:44:38 PM

A few questions as I work to wrap my head around Factom and determine if I want to invest or not:

1.  Why will 73,000 FCT be created each month?  Why not 75,000 or 50,000?  It seems to me that initially, there will be substantial inflation once the Federated servers go live and at some point, potentially substantial deflation.  Why not just create as many FCT each month as are used to purchase Entry Credits to keep the number of FCT static?

2.  As I understand it, Entry Credit holders will be able to vote for the Federated Servers.  What is to stop me from purchasing a ton of Entry Credits not to use for Entries, but to use to vote my servers and the servers of my friends to Federated status.  What's to stop me from, "Selling" my votes?  Why not have a Darkcoin masternode system where anyone can run a Federated Server who puts up the necessary collateral and they are paid in turn.  More decentralized and less prone to vote stuffing.

3.  As I understand it, X Factoid were sold at the public offering, and Y Factoid are held by Factom Inc or its employees.  Is this correct, and if so, does Factom Inc. hold those tokens or employees?  And what rules are in place for those tokens?  For example, is there a lockup period where they can't be sold and if so, what is the expiration date?  Or are they actively being sold by employees for profit or the company to raise additional funds?

Thank you for your insight as I conduct my due diligence.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:47:50 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2016, 07:31:57 AM by tempus

Full anonymity s one of the worst traits of Bitcoin. It s attracted lots of scammers and ponzi pumpers. Having something like that in any other coins is something I really would not like to see.

Seems, my sarcasm was too subtle... ;-)
whiteorg72

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:59:25 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2016, 05:16:47 PM by whiteorg72

I noticed that now almost every day decreases amount factoids. It's good.
Total Factoids: 8753726

p.s. I think that in the near future after completion of work on Milestone2 we will see $3 per FCT coin , after completion of work Milestone3 cost will rise to $5-$6 dollars per FCT coin, well before the end of the year we should see the cost $9-$10 per FCT coin.
mamadmankan

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:11:01 PM

I read where FACTOM will also 'anchor' itself to other blockchains for security and redundancy

Have any other blockchains been considered; my first thoughts would be Ethereum and/or NXT for starters
whiteorg72

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:19:41 PM

I read where FACTOM will also 'anchor' itself to other blockchains for security and redundancy

Have any other blockchains been considered; my first thoughts would be Ethereum and/or NXT for starters

Factom will also be 'anchored' to Ethereum
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=850070.msg13659309#msg13659309
whiteorg72

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:36:59 AM

Paul Snow Chief Architect Factom on CoinTelegraph: the most anticipated bitcoin projects in 2016
""I am excited about bitcoin, and its applications via the developing networks to make payments possible.
This includes credit cards that hold bitcoin, Lightning network, sidechains, and more..."
http://cointelegraph.com/news/anticipated-bitcoin-projects

BlockSense

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:24:22 AM

Thats interesting, expanding onwards from Bitcoin.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:27:07 AM

I noticed that now almost every day decreases amount factoids. It's good.
Total Factoids: 8753726

p.s. I think that in the near future after completion of work on Milestone2 we will see $3 per FCT coin , after completion of work Milestone3 cost will rise to $5-$6 dollars per FCT coin, well before the end of the year we should see the cost $9-$10 per FCT coin.

Well, we all hope for this kind of scenario. I think demand for Factoids will definitely grow in the next few months. Also, after Milestone 3, supply of new Factoids s also rather limited so there s a lot of growth potential based only on supply and demand. Not to mention development of all these innovations.

On the other hand, lots of price movements depend on pumps and dumps. Look at Ether, pumped without any visible reason.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:49:06 AM

Look at Ether, pumped without any visible reason.
But the 'pump' is not followed by the usual dump. Thats not a contrived pump. Thats a rotation of funds from BTC, because of people speculating that ETH now has a better chance of real-world adoption than BTC, while BTC's blocksize/scalability/consensus problems continue.
whiteorg72

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 09:03:36 AM

Look at Ether, pumped without any visible reason.
But the 'pump' is not followed by the usual dump. Thats not a contrived pump. Thats a rotation of funds from BTC, because of people speculating that ETH now has a better chance of real-world adoption than BTC, while BTC's blocksize/scalability/consensus problems continue.

I also think that the Ethereum more likely to develop than the Bitcoins. Most likely so the Factom that plans to move in the future Ethereum blockchain. Perhaps in the future we will see that the capitalization Ethereum will be greater than the capitalization Bitcoin.
whiteorg72

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 09:10:11 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2016, 09:28:13 AM by whiteorg72

permanent pump
you are wrong, this is not to Ethereum pump, for example, about the Factom it is also said that was just a pump, but as we now see it was not the pump.
I think that people are beginning to realize, that the future of smart contracts and all connected with it, so Ethereum and Factom a great future.
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: