Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:36:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115842 times)
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:22:13 AM

Comparing factom and ETH isn't as clear cut. There are very different motivations and objectives for each. I've followed factom for a while and it's been a long time coming. Let's see where it heads.

It seems it s the only one of these innovative coins which has not been pumped yet. Ether s been, NEM s been, Dash s been, Expanse s been.

That's what I like about it.
Heard Paul Snow in an interview, he only tells about the project and their goals.

Nobody trying to pump it, just bringing the news when there is news or another milestone.

I fully agree. I ll always take slow gradual growth over pump and dump. Sustainability s the key and it s so rare in crypto.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 10:45:46 AM

I am confused. So what happens when factom reaches 0 ?

0 of what?

Sheep? Eggs? Beers?
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:15:08 AM

0 of what?

Sheep? Eggs? Beers?

I think he asks what if all Factoids get destroyed. This is not gonna happen my friend.

Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 02:29:42 PM

0 of what?

Sheep? Eggs? Beers?

I think he asks what if all Factoids get destroyed. This is not gonna happen my friend.

No cause there will be a inflation , that will that will be the same as the price of the "income" so actually the coins stay 8.75 mil.

I hope to soon hear something from the Dev teams , been quit last few days compared to weeks before. Price looks stable
and even soon to pop to 400k sat. People are accumulating a lot coins around this value
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:50:00 PM

0 of what?

Sheep? Eggs? Beers?

No cause there will be a inflation , that will that will be the same as the price of the "income" so actually the coins stay 8.75 mil.

I hope to soon hear something from the Dev teams , been quit last few days compared to weeks before. Price looks stable
and even soon to pop to 400k sat. People are accumulating a lot coins around this value

Yes, I ve noticed this as well. I think we ll go up a bit soon. Updates dev team?

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:43:00 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 05:30:13 AM by tempus

0 of what?

Sheep? Eggs? Beers?

It will fluctuate because there are three aspects:

1. New created Factoids (about 73k per month after Milestone 3)
2. Use of the system: The number of Factoids converted into Entry Credits (= out of the system)
3. Price of Factoids

If the market would be totally objective and know how much EC's are used at every time it would level the price always at:

x Entry Credits used per month * 0.001 / 73,000 = price per FCT

0.001 is the price of 1 Entry Credit in Dollar.

What that means is, that the price will play a big role when it comes to the question if more new FCT's will be created than converted (out of the system), or the other way around, or if it will be leveled out. What I expect is that the price won't be totally objective to a given time but speculation will always anticipate the future potential, the market will always try to guess future demand and progress. And that's rational in my opinion, even if it won't be possible to predict the future totally correct. But the market also involves some irrational aspects. But.. I don't mean that in a negative way because I speak about high volatility (next couple of months) and most likely it will be an upward-dynamic - it wouldn't even need good news, just an absence of bad news while good news are more likely.

But, we will know a lot more in a couple of months and after all Milestones are reached. And in best case, if Factom should gain traction more and more, it could lead into a very nice price-dynamic out of a steadily growing demand for EC's. Because it won't be just about more user and companies it will also be about the growing data-amounts per user and per company. In best case, Factom will be a system for growing systems plus it would lead into kind of a network-effect. The more it's used the more it makes sense for others to use it, not just because a working system gets more attention, but also because data is always in relation to other data and one company is always in relation to other companies.

It will be a pretty complex dynamic but if Factom won't fail, there is a lot of potential for a steady growth. I wouldn't say that the price is undervalued right now, but measured at the potential Factom in general is still underrated. That's at least my opinion.

The price is really pretty stable and there was > 8 Mio of Volume just on Yuanbaohui the last 30 days. That's not the same like "they traded the total supply in just 30 days" but because of the stable price, that will lead into a price change and my guess is: Up. It's unlikely that the price will go down much after the iSoftStone-news and soon before Milestone 2.
BrianDeery

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 05:16:10 AM

You guys seem to be zeroing in on some of the possible market dynamics we anticipate.

I wrote a piece a few months ago which was left on the cutting room floor.  I decided to post it now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/460yk9/factoid_dynamics_i_love_negative_feedback_loops/
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 07:15:51 AM

You guys seem to be zeroing in on some of the possible market dynamics we anticipate.

I wrote a piece a few months ago which was left on the cutting room floor.  I decided to post it now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/460yk9/factoid_dynamics_i_love_negative_feedback_loops/

Good stuff. It s time for Factom to move up a bit more. I ll take steady and gradual growth over any pump and dump scheme cause I am into this long term.
I do think wallet GUI should be more simplified.

Mrboot
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 12:55:50 PM

Good stuff. It s time for Factom to move up a bit more. I ll take steady and gradual growth over any pump and dump scheme cause I am into this long term.

Im in this longer term aswell , i just believe there not eve busy with anything about factoids atm , cause its for them prob not the most important thing.

You can probably also notice it by there promotion , twitter no tweet for days (people underestimate the power of Social network) , facebook pretty much quit at all. The best promotion they have prob atm is whiteorg72 in this forum.

Google search getting less , Step up the promotion team you can do it. Give updates were your working on idk something.

Github looks pretty busy though, everyday some development !

Would be nice to see people like Paul Snow show up here now and then and say hi to people, or atleast some1 from factom.

Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:07:16 PM

Would be nice to see people like Paul Snow show up here now and then and say hi to people, or atleast some1 from factom.

I would rather they keep coding but each to their own.
Mrboot
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:13:03 PM

I would rather they keep coding but each to their own.

Lol , ofcourse so do i , but everyone knows that a real company doesnt only have coders do they Wink , Pr team is needed if you wanna have people use it more and more.

Lot of People are not like us and are lazy to find out about new technology or innovations.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 02:21:53 PM

Im in this longer term aswell , i just believe there not eve busy with anything about factoids atm , cause its for them prob not the most important thing.

You can probably also notice it by there promotion , twitter no tweet for days (people underestimate the power of Social network) , facebook pretty much quit at all. The best promotion they have prob atm is whiteorg72 in this forum.

Google search getting less , Step up the promotion team you can do it. Give updates were your working on idk something.

It doesn't make that much sense to say you're in for longterm and to expect them to make promotion for Factoids. In longterm it's all about the use of the system. Speculation will be a huge aspect for the price but the price of Factoids has no influence on the demand for entry credits, while at the same time a huge demand for entry credits would drive the price.

So, for them and every serious investor it only makes sense and is also the best for the FCT-price that they develop the system to enable real use and real demand. In fact, I personally wouldn't consider it as a good sign if they would promote Factoids with a focus on the price. It would raise some questions about their intentions.

My personal opinion/evaluation/prediction is: If they don't do anything wrong they make it all right. What I mean with that is: If they are able to avoid technical failures, if they avoid bad news, it's just a matter of time that there will be obvious progress (Milestone 2) and more good news like iSoftStone etc. and the price will react.

Btw.: It seems that there is already something going on in china. Hard to figure out with google-translator what it's about, but it seems to be something new and it is from today (somebody posted it on the Polo-trollbox):

http://money.ycwb.com/2016-02/16/content_21354146.htm

Mrboot
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 03:12:13 PM

It doesn't make that much sense to say you're in for longterm and to expect them to make promotion for Factoids. In longterm it's all about the use of the system. Speculation will be a huge aspect for the price but the price of Factoids has no influence on the demand for entry credits, while at the same time a huge demand for entry credits would drive the price.

So, for them and every serious investor it only makes sense and is also the best for the FCT-price that they develop the system to enable real use and real demand. In fact, I personally wouldn't consider it as a good sign if they would promote Factoids with a focus on the price. It would raise some questions about their intentions.

My personal opinion/evaluation/prediction is: If they don't do anything wrong they make it all right. What I mean with that is: If they are able to avoid technical failures, if they avoid bad news, it's just a matter of time that there will be obvious progress (Milestone 2) and more good news like iSoftStone etc. and the price will react.

Btw.: It seems that there is already something going on in china. Hard to figure out with google-translator what it's about, but it seems to be something new and it is from today (somebody posted it on the Polo-trollbox):

http://money.ycwb.com/2016-02/16/content_21354146.htm

Yea got my eye on that aswell bought more in at 250k sat    https://justpaste.it/rfom
thats a english translation , idk who made it but easier for most Wink.

I agree they should never promote for a price gain more to let people know about factom, twitter activity takes 5 minutes and never is a missed oppertunity just a easy promotion way, people like to read how factom is doing, dont forget there are early adopters that support
factom and there development, they need to be kept happy and feel secure aswell on there investment.

Im just stacking up more and more cause i like factom and deff factoids.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 03:16:04 PM

It looks like there is a good news for this coin. Factom is now above 300k when it struggled to say above 300k for some time. Many people have forgotten FCT as ETH have hoarded the news for a long time.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
drAGon925

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 05:15:10 PM

Hello everyone,

just to throw greetings!

I'm glad to become part of the community in such an early stage of a major project that is much needed.

With all that news from China, I hope Factoids get on at least one more China exchange soon, they deserved!
 Smiley

Regards
promojo

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 05:24:53 PM

Hi all:

Posting in here to say hello.   My eyes have been on factom for a while and I missed the little rise in December.    There is still plenty of time to get your feet wet Smiley   So I think I just might do that in the months to come.

Cheers
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 05:35:36 PM

Team Factom, when there is news released such as that in China, could you please release an english version here as well?
SheffieldCrypto

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:24:47 PM

Is this article from China legit ? https://justpaste.it/rfom
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:28:22 PM

Is this article from China legit ? https://justpaste.it/rfom

It's the google-translator-version of this: http://money.ycwb.com/2016-02/16/content_21354146.htm

SheffieldCrypto

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 07:49:27 PM

Yeah, sorry I know that. I was asking if it was legit, are factom officially affiliated with them ?
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: