Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:40:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115842 times)
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 04:49:42 AM

Nice to see Factom team s being present here and there. Still, I d like to see some update about M2.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:33:01 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2016, 06:57:05 AM by Azael

Nice to see Factom team s being present here and there. Still, I d like to see some update about M2.

https://github.com/FactomProject/ gives a good idea.

twitter.com/erikledgers
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:48:58 AM

Still, this looks to me as just another pump, which will be followed by another DUMP. Dont think they will publish M2 before halving, it would steal a lot of marketing light from them. Even that s questionable having in mind the fact I was told Factom team s had some problems with financing development.

Again, this might be just a rumor and I do not want to spread FUD but I feel obligated to share this info so people can make sound decisions.

Azael

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:09:02 AM

Still, this looks to me as just another pump, which will be followed by another DUMP. Dont think they will publish M2 before halving, it would steal a lot of marketing light from them. Even that s questionable having in mind the fact I was told Factom team s had some problems with financing development.

Again, this might be just a rumor and I do not want to spread FUD but I feel obligated to share this info so people can make sound decisions.

Lol.

https://news.bitcoin.com/dhs-awards-200k-factom/

Also take a look at their workforce they haven't scaled it down and I've seen Factom hiring on other websites.  Smiley

"problems with financing development" look at their GitHub. Last update was 3 hours ago. What are you smoking? Guess you have a short position with this FUD.

Not sure what's the hold up with announcing their new VC funding but if there's trouble they scale down or do a down round. I doubt there's a problem however. Negotiations take time and A round investors want to take as much advantage of time versus a start-up as possible.

twitter.com/erikledgers
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:44:07 AM

Lol.

https://news.bitcoin.com/dhs-awards-200k-factom/

Also take a look at their workforce they haven't scaled it down and I've seen Factom hiring on other websites.  Smiley

"problems with financing development" look at their GitHub. Last update was 3 hours ago. What are you smoking? Guess you have a short position with this FUD.

Not sure what's the hold up with announcing their new VC funding but if there's trouble they scale down or do a down round. I doubt there's a problem however. Negotiations take time and A round investors want to take as much advantage of time versus a start-up as possible.

I have a short position and I generate FUD? I have no stake in Factom anymore, my pump inducing friend. That being said, I have no interest in Factoid price going up or down, to tell you the truth, I dont give a shit anymore. What I did is, sold FCT and switched to Ether. Guess what, my investment increased 40% as of this morning, due to Eth price going back where it belongs. Still, that does not mean Factom s bad, not at all. I just made my decision based on level on info we ve been getting recently.

However, I ve been around long enough to understand when a company promises something to be delivered by the end of Q1 and then get to be late 4 months, something s usually going on. In addition to this, Factom team s been providing news about their progress about twice a year and have acknowledged the fact they do not plan to change this since they dont really care about Factoid price.

The fact they have singed DHS contract and the market has not reacted to this, other then a short term temporary jump, tells me the market sees things the same way I see them.

Again, I m expressing my personal opinion, I m not trying to influence anyone, you all make your own choices. However, serving positive news in order to try to stage another short term pump can only benefit you, Azael, and a few others. I m not talking about that, I m talking about long term value of Factom which can be achieved only by increased transparency and added value from Factom development. Maybe once you have more then 18 posts, you ll understand that.

Azael

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:28:55 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2016, 10:42:33 AM by Azael

I have no stake in Factom anymore

Yet you're here to spread rumors.

That being said, I have no interest in Factoid price going up or down

Right and yet you're here to talk about just that. I don't think your sleazy tactics to short the market is fooling anyone.
What I did is, sold FCT and switched to Ether.

However, I ve been around long enough to understand when a company promises something to be delivered by the end of Q1 and then get to be late 4 months, something s usually going on.

Ethereum was delayed by almost a year. Obviously you've been around long enough to learn zilch about software development.

Again, I m expressing my personal opinion, I m not trying to influence anyone, you all make your own choices. However, serving positive news in order to try to stage another short term pump can only benefit you, Azael, and a few others. I m not talking about that, I m talking about long term value of Factom which can be achieved only by increased transparency and added value from Factom development.

I took a dump on your unsubstantiated FUD by using publicly available information. They are indeed positive and disprove all the things you say. As for "development transparency" again check out https://github.com/FactomProject/ but then again you know nothing about software development and that is a problem with you and not Factom.

twitter.com/erikledgers
whiteorg72

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:33:28 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2016, 11:03:14 AM by whiteorg72

crazyivan: However, I ve been around long enough to understand when a company promises something to be delivered by the end of Q1 and then get to be late 4 months, something s usually going on.

No one has promised to complete work on the M2 at the end of the first quarter of this Factom team many times said. You just misunderstood in his time and wonder why you waited for the end of work on the M2 is the end of the first quarter.
And let it be better to delay and the Factom team will test the product (M2 and etc.) over and over again, before it is used. How to present a "raw product" with many errors in the code and holes, as it makes Vitalik team Ethereum and theDAO. What is a recently ended, we all saw recently and know.

crazyivan: The fact they have singed DHS contract and the market has not reacted to this, other then a short term temporary jump, tells me the market sees things the same way I see them.

Do not mislead people. The market reacted to the news and the price of FCT increased from $0,90 to $1,46 (up +62%) = 0,0013 up to 0,00217 FCT/BTC on Poloniex exchange (Jun,18 2:00 PM UTC).
Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 12:46:42 PM

crazyivan: However, I ve been around long enough to understand when a company promises something to be delivered by the end of Q1 and then get to be late 4 months, something s usually going on.

No one has promised to complete work on the M2 at the end of the first quarter of this Factom team many times said. You just misunderstood in his time and wonder why you waited for the end of work on the M2 is the end of the first quarter.
And let it be better to delay and the Factom team will test the product (M2 and etc.) over and over again, before it is used. How to present a "raw product" with many errors in the code and holes, as it makes Vitalik team Ethereum and theDAO. What is a recently ended, we all saw recently and know.

crazyivan: The fact they have singed DHS contract and the market has not reacted to this, other then a short term temporary jump, tells me the market sees things the same way I see them.

Do not mislead people. The market reacted to the news and the price of FCT increased from $0,90 to $1,46 (up +62%) = 0,0013 up to 0,00217 FCT/BTC on Poloniex exchange (Jun,18 2:00 PM UTC).

Crazyivan, from going through your post history it is clear to see you have very manipulative ways. You have been on this thread advocating FCT for a while. Shut up and buy your Factom. The cat is out of the bag this stuff is golden.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 12:55:44 PM

True, I was around for a long time advocating Factom, I believed in it and I was a holder, that s true. Then I ve witnessed the way Factom team has treated its investors and combined with some side info, I ve decided to get out of Factom. What is wrong with that and how the fuck is that manipulative? If you check my posts, it s easy to understand I went out of Factom a few WEEKS ago before this last pump.

Do not forget Factom was 0.0080ish at high point of one of the pump waves so please excuse me if I do not see the last increase from 0.0013 to 0.0016+ as something where market believes into the last DHL deal being so overwhelming and crucial. The fact it went to 0.0021+ and retracted only shows the market sentiment and the fact this was another pump wave. Do not forget, BTC price went down big time so Factom should ve gone up, if not at least stay at the same level.

I m not going to buy Factom anymore due to my personal beliefs and I m certainly not going to stop commenting on this forum just because some of you guys would like to read happy and merry news. I dislike pump and dump schemes and people who do that and I m not trying to create one but at the same time, I m not going to allow anyone else does that in any direction.

This forum is all about exchanging opinions, if you do not like what I write, you have two options, one is to argue with me in a polite manner and the other one is to use that nice ignore button. Either way, I really do not care.

Blazin8888

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 01:14:18 PM

True, I was around for a long time advocating Factom, I believed in it and I was a holder, that s true. Then I ve witnessed the way Factom team has treated its investors and combined with some side info, I ve decided to get out of Factom. What is wrong with that and how the fuck is that manipulative? If you check my posts, it s easy to understand I went out of Factom a few WEEKS ago before this last pump.

Do not forget Factom was 0.0080ish at high point of one of the pump waves so please excuse me if I do not see the last increase from 0.0013 to 0.0016+ as something where market believes into the last DHL deal being so overwhelming and crucial. The fact it went to 0.0021+ and retracted only shows the market sentiment and the fact this was another pump wave. Do not forget, BTC price went down big time so Factom should ve gone up, if not at least stay at the same level.

I m not going to buy Factom anymore due to my personal beliefs and I m certainly not going to stop commenting on this forum just because some of you guys would like to read happy and merry news. I dislike pump and dump schemes and people who do that and I m not trying to create one but at the same time, I m not going to allow anyone else does that in any direction.

This forum is all about exchanging opinions, if you do not like what I write, you have two options, one is to argue with me in a polite manner and the other one is to use that nice ignore button. Either way, I really do not care.

Im not gonna waste my time reading that block of text. It just = buy more FCT to me. The FUD has been building around this coin all over different areas of the net. Time to buy is now it is obvious. Factom has never been stronger. Paul Snow is a bad ass coder we have the Yoda of devs on our side.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 01:17:58 PM

Im not gonna waste my time reading that block of text. It just = buy more FCT to me. The FUD has been building around this coin all over different areas of the net. Time to buy is now it is obvious. Factom has never been stronger. Paul Snow is a bad ass coder we have the Yoda of devs on our side.

If this is not a classic example of pump without any evidence, than I do not know what it is. I say I think Factom s got lots of potential but I m concerned about execution and you say Paul is Yoda developer. That s really something I d like to base my investment decision on. Anyway, I ve said what I wanted to say so I ll stay out of this discussion. For now.

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 02:35:14 PM

Do not forget Factom was 0.0080ish at high point of one of the pump waves so please excuse me if I do not see the last increase from 0.0013 to 0.0016+ as something where market believes into the last DHL deal being so overwhelming and crucial.

You can write whatever you want. You can buy or sell whatever you want. It's just not that easy to take you serious. If Ethereum goes up you use words like "recover" (right before it dropped again), or "increase". If FCT goes up just some percentage it's a "pump". If the price is down you spread your whiney theory, the Factom-team would intentionally hold it down.

And your faith in the smartness of the market seems to be endless. Ethereum goes up and you say it's "going back where it belongs". The FCT-price didn't react that much on the latest news and you believe to see that Factom is not "something where market believes into the last DHL deal being so overwhelming and crucial." As if the market would be rational or anticipate developments in a smart way. Did the market anticipate Ethereums flaws? Did the market anticipate that DAO is a Hippie-joke? No. But Individuals did - and I warned as well.

But you continue to complain about the M2-delay while you still believe that Ethereum is a buy, with all it's serious flaws and millions of DAO-ETH reaching the market soon. Ethereums situation is exactly why I'm glad that the Factom-team is diligent AND carefully. Reason Nr. 1 why Factom is my Nr. 1 is because of the professionalism of the team and the absence of stupid hyping while they are hard working and having obvious success in the real business-world. Factom won't be just an overvalued 1 bn-marketcap-playground to try out some overcomplex coding-"magic" with security-flaws plus economical risks (DAO would bring that even without flaws). Factom is aimed to be a serious provider for real customers. They can't just play around in public - they already have serious partnerships.

Again: Prices say nothing about real value and all markets involve irrational dynamics. Success as a trader is not about reacting on prices (buy high - sell drunk) but about anticipation. And while it's possible to anticipate a hype and make profit out of it, it's hard to get out early enough (Ethereum- and DAO - holder learned that) if reality knocks at the door. Just one reason why I didn't buy Ethereum - and DAO was a joke right from the start.

My prediction for Factom is nearly exactly the same like back in the first three months after launch. Some were also complaining, right before the price shot up. My prediction for Ethereum is that the current price-recovery is a bulltrap and that Ethereum will continue to fall. At least I feel much better with Factoids than I would feel with Ether.

Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 02:40:23 PM

Do not forget Factom was 0.0080ish at high point of one of the pump waves so please excuse me if I do not see the last increase from 0.0013 to 0.0016+ as something where market believes into the last DHL deal being so overwhelming and crucial.

You can write whatever you want. You can buy or sell whatever you want. It's just not that easy to take you serious. If Ethereum goes up you use words like "recover" (right before it dropped again), or "increase". If FCT goes up just some percentage it's a "pump". If the price is down you spread your whiney theory, the Factom-team would intentionally hold it down.

And your faith in the smartness of the market seems to be endless. Ethereum goes up and you say it's "going back where it belongs". The FCT-price didn't react that much on the latest news and you believe to see that Factom is not "something where market believes into the last DHL deal being so overwhelming and crucial." As if the market would be rational or anticipate developments in a smart way. Did the market anticipate Ethereums flaws? Did the market anticipate that DAO is a Hippie-joke? No. But Individuals did - and I warned as well.

But you continue to complain about the M2-delay while you still believe that Ethereum is a buy, with all it's serious flaws and millions of DAO-ETH reaching the market soon. Ethereums situation is exactly why I'm glad that the Factom-team is diligent AND carefully. Reason Nr. 1 why Factom is my Nr. 1 is because of the professionalism of the team and the absence of stupid hyping while they are hard working and having obvious success in the real business-world. Factom won't be just an overvalued 1 bn-marketcap-playground to try out some overcomplex coding-"magic" with security-flaws plus economical risks (DAO would bring that even without flaws). Factom is aimed to be a serious provider for real customers. They can't just play around in public - they already have serious partnerships.

Again: Prices say nothing about real value and all markets involve irrational dynamics. Success as a trader is not about reacting on prices (buy high - sell drunk) but about anticipation. And while it's possible to anticipate a hype and make profit out of it, it's hard to get out early enough (Ethereum- and DAO - holder learned that) if reality knocks at the door. Just one reason why I didn't buy Ethereum - and DAO was a joke right from the start.

My prediction for Factom is nearly exactly the same like back in the first three months after launch. Some were also complaining, right before the price shot up. My prediction for Ethereum is that the current price-recovery is a bulltrap and that Ethereum will continue to fall. At least I feel much better with Factoids than I would feel with Ether.

I would agree on the Last part for sure, no chance i would like to be in Eth atm, but i think the usage will increase a lot when M2 hits the market and they release easier to use software along the way, now 200 entry's a block on average just wont make the price jump up huge atm.

Still i own a nice amount, but still waiting on M2 i wanna see the usage explode
Blazin8888

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 02:41:56 PM

Once M2 drops and we get added to more exchanges...Yunbi etc...this coin is going to FLY. Lets just ignore this FUD. We should be brainstorming possible use cases for FACTOM!
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 02:48:45 PM

I would agree on the Last part for sure, no chance i would like to be in Eth atm, but i think the usage will increase a lot when M2 hits the market and they release easier to use software along the way, now 200 entry's a block on average just wont make the price jump up huge atm.

Still i own a nice amount, but still waiting on M2 i wanna see the usage explode

Same here. But a real explosion of real use needs real work. And real work needs real time, not "crypto time" (one week = one year).
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:33:35 PM

If you look closely it is actually double accumulation what is happening. The peaks are not being overbought so no pump there. Someone buys the buybook when thick enough, then buys the sells after the rise. Floor trades higher with every cycle. Interesting to see
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:34:36 PM

Good, at least we can agree on the fact I like Etherum more, no argument there from my side. I used to believe in Factom much more before then I do now and I have no problem with other people having different opinion. I really cannot understand why some people here at the forum have a very distinctive need to insult people who simply have different opinion. Fine, you do not agree with me, fine you think my comments are motivated by desire to achieve price correction. Question for people who think that way, WHAT KIND OF TOKEN WOULD FACTOM BE IF I WOULD BE ABLE TO MOVE THE PRICE WITH ONE OR TWO MY POSTS? Pls, do not make me laugh.

If I did use different terminology to describe Factom and Etherum price movements, that s not intentional, after all English is not my first language.

Blazin8888

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:36:28 PM

Good, at least we can agree on the fact I like Etherum more, no argument there from my side. I used to believe in Factom much more before then I do now and I have no problem with other people having different opinion. I really cannot understand why some people here at the forum have a very distinctive need to insult people who simply have different opinion. Fine, you do not agree with me, fine you think my comments are motivated by desire to achieve price correction. Question for people who think that way, WHAT KIND OF TOKEN WOULD FACTOM BE IF I WOULD BE ABLE TO MOVE THE PRICE WITH ONE OR TWO MY POSTS? Pls, do not make me laugh.

If I did use different terminology to describe Factom and Etherum price movements, that s not intentional, after all English is not my first language.

Factom has plans to anchor into Ethereums blockchain. Real plans. I love Ether as well...invested since day 1 attended Ethereums DEVCON1 in London last year. Factom was there and they spoke. I am a long term holder. Period. They have done nothing but made progress on Github and continue with good news.
dleader

Activity: 592

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:00:31 PM

I agree with you on the investor side. IMO Factom devs are much too dismissive about the speculators. It is us who will provide the liquidity for the federated servers to dump their coins on, ultimately providing an income for them. Or if the federated servers sell back tokens to have on the factom store front then why in the F did they ever have factoms/oids on an exchange in the first place.
Blazin8888

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:03:40 PM

I agree with you on the investor side. IMO Factom devs are much too dismissive about the speculators. It is us who will provide the liquidity for the federated servers to dump their coins on, ultimately providing an income for them. Or if the federated servers sell back tokens to have on the factom store front then why in the F did they ever have factoms/oids on an exchange in the first place.

Clearly you dont understand FACTOM...or you are simply another troll...maybe this link will help.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1521895
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: