Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:42:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
MisfiringNeuron

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 06:03:24 AM

I'm on Windows 7 and when I run FactomD the command prompt opens, lots of text scrolls, stops, scrolls and then the system crashes (I think) and the command window closes. 

Is there some log or something I can post so ya'll can see if it's a bug that needs fixing?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 10:37:12 AM

It seems that there are news in china:

Google translation:

As the United States block chain start-up companies Factom, he has received recognition and cooperation of the US National Security Agency. At the same time, is also very optimistic about the Asia-Pacific market, especially the Chinese market, it is learned, Factom companies and Communications data (DATAYES) released collaboration announcement for financial sector developers to provide a new financial tool to connect applications and block chain technology. China president Zhang Zeen Factom company said that for its implementation and development of the application of far-reaching significance of financial products.

It is reported that, Factom companies and Communications data (DATAYES) released collaboration announcement, the stock price data will China more than 3,000 of the most valuable real-time publishing on the block chain, as the financial sector developers to provide connection block chain and financial applications new tool technologies. Huge financial data and ever-expanding field of data collection, has more than 10 million records, and an amazing way to each application provides unprecedented transparency and reliability to help verify and audit the financial system of price data.

(...)

http://www.mingin.com/btc/news/12984-1.html

oneyesoneno

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 11:25:27 AM

Google translation:

As the United States block chain start-up companies Factom, he has received recognition and cooperation of the US National Security Agency. At the same time, is also very optimistic about the Asia-Pacific market, especially the Chinese market, it is learned, Factom companies and Communications data (DATAYES) released collaboration announcement for financial sector developers to provide a new financial tool to connect applications and block chain technology. China president Zhang Zeen Factom company said that for its implementation and development of the application of far-reaching significance of financial products.

It is reported that, Factom companies and Communications data (DATAYES) released collaboration announcement, the stock price data will China more than 3,000 of the most valuable real-time publishing on the block chain, as the financial sector developers to provide connection block chain and financial applications new tool technologies. Huge financial data and ever-expanding field of data collection, has more than 10 million records, and an amazing way to each application provides unprecedented transparency and reliability to help verify and audit the financial system of price data.

(...)

Thanks for the update.. this deal is good for factom's future
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 11:32:28 AM

Google translation:

(...)

Yes, the more I find out about it the bigger it looks. Their partners and customers for example: http://www.datayes.com/en/customer
manasd

Activity: 377

Next Generation Antivirus

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 12:25:17 PM

Google translation:

(...)

Yes, the more I find out about it the bigger it looks. Their partners and customers for example: http://www.datayes.com/en/customer
afer ann of this news Factom is going up

R
         ▄▄███████▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████▀███████████
  ████████▀▀     ▀▀████████
 ████████           ████████
▐███████             ███████▌
▐███████             ███████▌
 ████████           ████████
  ████████▄▄     ▄▄████████
   ███████████▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀███████▀▀
MAD              ▒█████▒
       ██████  ░░░██████
  █████░░░░  ░░░  ░░░  ░█████
 ██░  ░░░  ░░░  ░░░  ░░░ ██ ██
 ██ ░░░  ░░░ █████ ░░░ ██░  ██
 ██░░  ░█▄  ░▀███▀░░ ██░░  ░██
 ██  ░░░ ▀█▄█▄▄ ▄▄███░  ░░░██
 ██▒░░  ░░░████░███░  ░░░ ▒██
  ██  ░░▄█████████████▄░  ░██
  ██░░░█▀░░████░████░░▀█░░░██
   ██  ░░▄█████ ███▀█▄░░░ ██
    ██░▄███░░ █░█░  ░▀█▄ ██
     ████░░  ░░░  ░░░  ░██
      ████ ░░░  ░░░  ░███
        ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[] FACEBOOK
TWITTER
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD
neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 12:27:26 PM

Google translation:

(...)

thanks for sharing these precious news.da moon is in near future.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 12:50:56 PM

The price finally moves up. Good stuff, GOOD STUFF.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
dranster

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 02:06:36 PM

Factom Milestone 2== Bulltrap 2

Whales are selling their coins and stacking buy orders to dump of their remaining coins on newbies

Dont fall for it.

Where did the hypers go when the coin was at 0.0012?

Think about it...  Grin
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 02:08:47 PM

Whales are selling their coins and stacking buy orders to dump of their remaining coins on newbies

Dont fall for it.

Think about it...  Grin

Whales are dumping and the price keeps going up?

Well, it does add up my friend, it simply does not add up.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
dranster

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 02:11:50 PM

Dont fall for it.

Think about it...  Grin

Whales sell when price goes up...while noobs buy when price goes up and vice versa

Someone is stacking off fake buy walls with their sold off FCT to sell their remaining coins

Noobs dont understand the markets
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 02:21:22 PM

Dont fall for it.

Think about it...  Grin

Whales sell when price goes up...while noobs buy when price goes up and vice versa

Someone is stacking off fake buy walls with their sold off FCT to sell their remaining coins

You must be short, my condolences.
flashbit

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 02:23:47 PM

Very interesting indeed.  So 17% company equity for $5,000,000?  By my math, that sets company valuation at roughly $29,500,00.  Assuming this is correct, I wonder who estimated Factom to be worth $29,500,000 and exactly how this value was derived?

Exactly it's (if I'm correct):

€4,493,170 - 17%

€26,430,411 - 100%

Wow, just see that it's in Euro. Didn't recognize. So you are nearly right.

In Dollar it would be $ 29.169.923 - if I didn't make a mistake.
https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/factom-series-a

I can only guess/speculate how it's evaluated. Maybe they sit together with Bank of the Future and analyze all what's there and how much it could be worth. I doubt that it's possible to do it totally objective. I mean, how to evaluate the code for the system...

But maybe bigger VC-Investors get deeper informations about how it was evaluated and they can decide if they agree or not - if not, they don't invest. It's also possible that they already got offers to sell the whole company and maybe there were offers in that range. I don't believe it because most likely there are not many who would be able to overtake Factom, but it's possible because it's not that rare that a team or sometimes just one person builds a start-up and sells it in the early days.

But, please no misconceptions: I'm speaking about evaluations not that they really would sell the company. Hope they will never do that.

Some months ago it was this:

Blockchain Project Factom Raises $400k at $11 Million Valuation
http://www.coindesk.com/blockchain-factom-400-funding-11-million-valuatoin/

And I believe it's a very positive sign that it's value has nearly tripled since that. Even more if they give deeper infos to potential VC-Investors. The fact that the $4.5 Mio is nearly filled long before the deadline, could be seen as a sign that Investors agree that Factom is worth the $29 Mio and they see potential for more. They wouldn't buy if they wouldn't believe in it. In best case VC-Investors have some facts we don't know about yet. It's highly speculative, but if that should be the case it's about good news yet to come.

If I'm wrong it's at least obvious that there are VC-Investors who believe in Factoms future. And why not. It may be a risk, but it could be great "bet". If I would be rich I also would try to get shares, not "just" Factoids - even if I think that Factoids are also a great Investment maybe even better.

And what's also interesting: The value of Factom as company and the value of Factoids will be connected in future. Most likely never totally, but Factom's value (as a company) also will depend on how much the system will be used. Maybe they also sell applications they develop for companies but it would be basically the same. It would be (maybe already 'is') about customized applications for customers to use the system as effective as possible - for a specific use case.

All together: A lot of good signs lately. Nothing that's totally safe yet, but I can't think of realistic bad scenarios while they are obviously wanted regarding VC-money, are awarded from DHS, etc. And I really like it to see that Peter Kirby speaks about land-title-registry in that way.

I think we are now over 30M valuation.

5 days remaining. I expect some nice marketing around this very soon. Factom team should be very proud.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 02:26:01 PM

Very interesting indeed.  So 17% company equity for $5,000,000?  By my math, that sets company valuation at roughly $29,500,00.  Assuming this is correct, I wonder who estimated Factom to be worth $29,500,000 and exactly how this value was derived?

€4,493,170 - 17%

€26,430,411 - 100%

I can only guess/speculate how it's evaluated. Maybe they sit together with Bank of the Future and analyze all what's there and how much it could be worth. I doubt that it's possible to do it totally objective. I mean, how to evaluate the code for the system...

But maybe bigger VC-Investors get deeper informations about how it was evaluated and they can decide if they agree or not - if not, they don't invest. It's also possible that they already got offers to sell the whole company and maybe there were offers in that range. I don't believe it because most likely there are not many who would be able to overtake Factom, but it's possible because it's not that rare that a team or sometimes just one person builds a start-up and sells it in the early days.

But, please no misconceptions: I'm speaking about evaluations not that they really would sell the company. Hope they will never do that.

And I believe it's a very positive sign that it's value has nearly tripled since that. Even more if they give deeper infos to potential VC-Investors. The fact that the $4.5 Mio is nearly filled long before the deadline, could be seen as a sign that Investors agree that Factom is worth the $29 Mio and they see potential for more. They wouldn't buy if they wouldn't believe in it. In best case VC-Investors have some facts we don't know about yet. It's highly speculative, but if that should be the case it's about good news yet to come.

If I'm wrong it's at least obvious that there are VC-Investors who believe in Factoms future. And why not. It may be a risk, but it could be great "bet". If I would be rich I also would try to get shares, not "just" Factoids - even if I think that Factoids are also a great Investment maybe even better.

And what's also interesting: The value of Factom as company and the value of Factoids will be connected in future. Most likely never totally, but Factom's value (as a company) also will depend on how much the system will be used. Maybe they also sell applications they develop for companies but it would be basically the same. It would be (maybe already 'is') about customized applications for customers to use the system as effective as possible - for a specific use case.

All together: A lot of good signs lately. Nothing that's totally safe yet, but I can't think of realistic bad scenarios while they are obviously wanted regarding VC-money, are awarded from DHS, etc. And I really like it to see that Peter Kirby speaks about land-title-registry in that way.

5 days remaining. I expect some nice marketing around this very soon. Factom team should be very proud.

Yes, it all looks very good. But I would more like to see an official announcement about the china-news. I believe it's big, but not sure yet.
flashbit

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 02:39:39 PM

€4,493,170 - 17%

€26,430,411 - 100%

Yes, it all looks very good. But I would more like to see an official announcement about the china-news. I believe it's big, but not sure yet.

Yes likely today or tomorrow.
griffen1102

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 03:11:44 PM

ouuuuuu weeeeeeeee! look at factom go.
wannarahaa

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 03:20:12 PM

Factom is finally booming and jumping a lot. Nice, and we can see more and more development in this project.  Cheesy
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 03:36:34 PM

Factom is finally booming and jumping a lot.

dull

Nice, and we can see more and more development in this project.  Cheesy

Ahh, that´s nice.

I´m here for the long term.  1.50$ or 1.90$ ...whatever!

Grin

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
rakesh1_90

Activity: 686

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 04:16:59 PM

Dont fall for it.

Think about it...  Grin

Welcome, But still not the right time for trolls to show up. I was hoping to c u guys after FCT crosses 500k.
neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:54:59 PM

hi
l m trying to run factomd but it keeps crashing after running few seconds,
anybody having same issue with running factomd?
hope M2 bring a noob friendly wallet for like me.
jokkkk

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:10:29 PM

hi
l m trying to run factomd but it keeps crashing after running few seconds,
anybody having same issue with running factomd?
hope M2 bring a noob friendly wallet for like me.

Try to run it from command line and not the shortcut.
Type cmd than factomd.exe
I still also have problems with the wallet i can not sync?
It's stuck at block 37209
Anybody know for factoidapermill?,you just create a new adress and private
Key and send to this adress from exchange?do i have this right?
You dont need another program from factom?
Than i can do this and send my factoids from exchange and try to get the wallet
Working later
Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: