Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:26:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:23:00 PM

hi
l m trying to run factomd but it keeps crashing after running few seconds,
anybody having same issue with running factomd?
hope M2 bring a noob friendly wallet for like me.

Try to run it from command line and not the shortcut.
Type cmd than factomd.exe
I still also have problems with the wallet i can not sync?
It's stuck at block 37209
Anybody know for factoidapermill?,you just create a new adress and private
Key and send to this adress from exchange?do i have this right?
You dont need another program from factom?
Than i can do this and send my factoids from exchange and try to get the wallet
Working later
Thanks

Yes https://medium.com/blockchain-education-network/its-time-to-move-your-coins-off-an-exchange-890bf49288db#.uyg7nayuw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
willowfoot

Activity: 332
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:32:20 PM

hi

Working later
Thanks

I was getting stuck on a certain block as well, to fix I just deleted everything and reinstalled and got it to sync.

Yes, papermill is enough.  You can send FCT to papermill address.  Keep the private key safe somewhere.

When you want to access the FCT you can use the wallet GUI to import  private key ... and send back to exchanges if you want. 

I was able to do this.

neo1947

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:46:16 PM

hi

Working later
Thanks
Thanks for your respond,l have tried from cmd but nothing happens,it suppose to sync to blocks isn t it?it sucks tbh it even worse as l m not techyy,why not just a simple wallet for factoids.
hope we have an easy use wallet soon.
l don t know what s it but there is new activities at github.
https://github.com/factomproject
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 10:01:12 PM

http://allcoinsnews.com/2016/08/08/factom-market-report-fctbtc-up-63-86-on-the-month/
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 10:33:47 PM

Nice price action.  Was M2 released?
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 10:38:12 PM

It's because of an chinese article about a new partnership with http://www.datayes.com/en:

http://www.mingin.com/btc/news/12984-1.html

Google-Translator:

Data Communications announced a partnership with Factom, 3000 Chinese share prices Immediate Release block chain

"As the United States block chain start-up companies Factom, he has received recognition and cooperation of the US National Security Agency. At the same time, is also very optimistic about the Asia-Pacific market, especially the Chinese market, it is learned, Factom companies and Communications data (DATAYES) released collaboration announcement for financial sector developers to provide a new financial tool to connect applications and block chain technology. China president Zhang Zeen Factom company said that for its implementation and development of the application of far-reaching significance of financial products.

It is reported that, Factom companies and Communications data (DATAYES) released collaboration announcement, the stock price data will China more than 3,000 of the most valuable real-time publishing on the block chain, as the financial sector developers to provide connection block chain and financial applications new tool technologies. Huge financial data and ever-expanding field of data collection, has more than 10 million records, and an amazing way to each application provides unprecedented transparency and reliability to help verify and audit the financial system of price data.

China president Zhang Zeen Factom company said that at present, many Chinese listed companies already have global leadership, the Chinese stock market to the global economy influential. Therefore, we firmly believe that these companies will price data available to developers worldwide chain block, which for its implementation and development of the application of far-reaching significance of financial products.

In this stage of the financial situation, data storage, data stored on the block chain is divided into two processes, first published by the exchange market and price changes, and then recorded on the block chain. With the block chain technology matures, the future price data will be recorded directly on the block chain, and ultimately formed by the mark-to-market system (Mark to Market) shift to mark the block chain system (Mark to Blockchain) of.

According to statistics, Data Communications is the first open platform for big data, big data brings together mainly in the areas overseas, finance, industry, business, electricity providers, search, and social media, in the field of artificial intelligence and quantify investment pole a professional. Communications data is initiated by the financial and high-tech experts, a domestic cutting-edge financial advisory and investment management services company Wanxiang Group established. Headquartered in Shanghai Lujiazui financial district, and has offices in Silicon Valley. For more information about Communications data can be accessed datayes.com official website.

Factom (ie fair pass) the company is at the forefront of technological innovation in the field of development of the block chain, government and enterprise application solutions can be provided by Factom, to more convenient and efficient to solve the problem of the integrity of reported data. Also, the block chain data layer which may be provided by the effective integration of traditional business information systems, by means of a mathematical algorithm verification encryption technology, has been resolved can not be tampered with data, and provide more transparent data information. The government and enterprises to create trust and transparency in the real world to open up a new continent.

About Factom (ie fair pass) Company can be accessed factom.com official website.

Source: block chain • pencil ChainB.com, if infringement please contact: mjlzy@mingin.cn."
xcurry

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 12:12:04 AM

Hello, what is M2?
flashbit

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 12:57:50 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2016, 02:30:20 AM by flashbit

Nice price action.  Was M2 released?

Hello, what is M2?

Milestone 2 will have a couple of major components. First will be the deployment of a Entry Credit store, where users can buy Entry Credits (basically access to the protocol) without touching any sort of tradable token (this part has been completed). The second will be the release of the consensus algorithm, the software supporting distributed processing of the Factom protocol. Factom will be running on a P2P network and have 8 appointed Federated servers coordinating block creation.

Here is the whitepaper: https://github.com/FactomProject/FactomDocs/blob/master/whitepaper.md
oneyesoneno

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 01:53:45 AM

How do factoids get sent back to the protocol? Is it a kind of burn?

No. The Entry Credits are burned. Entry Credits are non transferable. They can only be used to buy entries. But when they DO buy entries, the Factoid in the protocol that was used to buy the Entry Credits is released. The amount of Factoids varies since the price of Entry Credits per Factoid varies.

The Factoid paid out is calculated by dividing the total number of Factoid in the protocol by the number of outstanding Entry Credits.

The number of Factoids in the protocol and the number of outstanding Entry Credits are all computable from the Entry Chain and the Factoid Chain.
====

Hi guys.. i know that entry credits is burned after being use to entry data... but how about factoid?

can anyone tell me what it means by
"the Factoid in the protocol that was used to buy the Entry Credits is released."
??

The factoid is released to where?

thanks you.
flashbit

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 02:29:15 AM

No. The Entry Credits are burned. Entry Credits are non transferable. They can only be used to buy entries. But when they DO buy entries, the Factoid in the protocol that was used to buy the Entry Credits is released. The amount of Factoids varies since the price of Entry Credits per Factoid varies.

The Factoid paid out is calculated by dividing the total number of Factoid in the protocol by the number of outstanding Entry Credits.

The number of Factoids in the protocol and the number of outstanding Entry Credits are all computable from the Entry Chain and the Factoid Chain.
====

Hi guys.. i know that entry credits is burned after being use to entry data... but how about factoid?

"the Factoid in the protocol that was used to buy the Entry Credits is released."
??

thanks you.

Have a read through of this and all your questions will be answered.

https://github.com/FactomProject/FactomDocs/blob/master/FactomLedgerbyConsensus.pdf
cheapcoin

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 02:50:59 AM

It's because of an chinese article about a new partnership with http://www.datayes.com/en:

http://www.mingin.com/btc/news/12984-1.html

Google-Translator:

Data Communications announced a partnership with Factom, 3000 Chinese share prices Immediate Release block chain

"As the United States block chain start-up companies Factom, he has received recognition and cooperation of the US National Security Agency. At the same time, is also very optimistic about the Asia-Pacific market, especially the Chinese market, it is learned, Factom companies and Communications data (DATAYES) released collaboration announcement for financial sector developers to provide a new financial tool to connect applications and block chain technology. China president Zhang Zeen Factom company said that for its implementation and development of the application of far-reaching significance of financial products.

It is reported that, Factom companies and Communications data (DATAYES) released collaboration announcement, the stock price data will China more than 3,000 of the most valuable real-time publishing on the block chain, as the financial sector developers to provide connection block chain and financial applications new tool technologies. Huge financial data and ever-expanding field of data collection, has more than 10 million records, and an amazing way to each application provides unprecedented transparency and reliability to help verify and audit the financial system of price data.

China president Zhang Zeen Factom company said that at present, many Chinese listed companies already have global leadership, the Chinese stock market to the global economy influential. Therefore, we firmly believe that these companies will price data available to developers worldwide chain block, which for its implementation and development of the application of far-reaching significance of financial products.

In this stage of the financial situation, data storage, data stored on the block chain is divided into two processes, first published by the exchange market and price changes, and then recorded on the block chain. With the block chain technology matures, the future price data will be recorded directly on the block chain, and ultimately formed by the mark-to-market system (Mark to Market) shift to mark the block chain system (Mark to Blockchain) of.

According to statistics, Data Communications is the first open platform for big data, big data brings together mainly in the areas overseas, finance, industry, business, electricity providers, search, and social media, in the field of artificial intelligence and quantify investment pole a professional. Communications data is initiated by the financial and high-tech experts, a domestic cutting-edge financial advisory and investment management services company Wanxiang Group established. Headquartered in Shanghai Lujiazui financial district, and has offices in Silicon Valley. For more information about Communications data can be accessed datayes.com official website.

Factom (ie fair pass) the company is at the forefront of technological innovation in the field of development of the block chain, government and enterprise application solutions can be provided by Factom, to more convenient and efficient to solve the problem of the integrity of reported data. Also, the block chain data layer which may be provided by the effective integration of traditional business information systems, by means of a mathematical algorithm verification encryption technology, has been resolved can not be tampered with data, and provide more transparent data information. The government and enterprises to create trust and transparency in the real world to open up a new continent.

About Factom (ie fair pass) Company can be accessed factom.com official website.

Source: block chain • pencil ChainB.com, if infringement please contact: mjlzy@mingin.cn."

Great news, no wonder the price is skyrocketing. Factom is one of the best startup in US. Congrats.

oneyesoneno

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:21:26 AM

====

??

thanks you.

Have a read through of this and all your questions will be answered.

https://github.com/FactomProject/FactomDocs/blob/master/FactomLedgerbyConsensus.pdf

ty... case solved.. found this:

“Factoids are demanded and removed from circulation when users buy Entry Credits (EC) to use Factom. The Factoid/EC exchange rate is set by the Federated servers. The goal is to have a stable price for EC. This will allow Factom users to ignore the Factoid price if it goes up or down, just like how Gmail users can ignore the Google share price”. – Brian Deery, Factom Chief Scientist.

D-Lux

Activity: 385

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 04:41:53 AM

Does anyone know if there are any OTC services for FCT? Thanks in advance.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 06:49:34 AM

Someone said whales are dumping? So where s that big dump u re talking about? All I see is price going up and up.  Grin

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
nowhere man

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:32:08 AM

Someone said whales are dumping? So where s that big dump u re talking about? All I see is price going up and up.  Grin

You've cheered up.  Wink
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:37:51 AM

You've cheered up.  Wink

What do you mean, I ve always been cheerful. You can call me Mr.Smiley! Grin

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
pekacoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 08:01:50 AM

http://chainb.com/?P=Cont&id=1705
nowhere man

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 09:37:27 AM

You've cheered up.  Wink

What do you mean, I ve always been cheerful. You can call me Mr.Smiley! Grin

Crazy Smiley  Wink

Best of luck to you all, and a big thanks to the factom team for all the work they've done.

Now if I can just work through that guide on medium to get factomd to sync........

neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 10:32:31 AM

Hello Factom
l ve deleted and reinstalled Factom but still having problem running Factomd on win7,it s keep crashing.ls there anyone to help me to go through with basic steps to solve this issue pls?
l have tried to run from cmd it just shows github related not syncing blocks.
any help?
Regards
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364

move that crypto

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 10:42:37 AM

encountering some resistance at 0.00420 before we blast up to the next resistance level, 0.005

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: