Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:32:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 09:58:39 AM

Anyone notice the uptick in usage from Ancun? Could be a short term blip but if we start to see higher numbers(100k+) should be the start of companies actively utilizing Factom.

CocoLibre where did you find this chart?  Thanks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 10:58:50 AM

Anyone notice the uptick in usage from Ancun? Could be a short term blip but if we start to see higher numbers(100k+) should be the start of companies actively utilizing Factom.

That's interesting. If it's 1) correct, and 2) a tendency it's a nice one.

Ancun just had a few Entries per day and now this jump to 13,586

Maybe a first sign of what I believe we will see in future:

1. Increasing number of customers
2. Increasing number of Entries per customer
3. Exploding number of Entries in summary

In my opinion that's the main-potential of Factom. If we think about market reactions everybody knows:

People react on rising volume and price. They want to know reasons why a project rises, and some even buy just because a rising price. But for many people it's also a sign to be carefully. Also trivial: Prices often crash after a sharp rise.

But Entries: It's possible that the number of Entries will increase continuous, that people will see what I say above: Points 1,2,3

And that would be new in Crypto. The market would react on an increasing or even exploding number of Entries like it normally reacts on volume and price. But Entries won't be volatile, won't crash. Without technical problems it can grow nearly unlimited. The market won't even know how to handle that, because even after a sharp rise the price could be cheap. It could be a wrong decision to sell and ATH's could still be a buy.

CocoLibre where did you find this chart?  Thanks.

This is the doc for usage statistics:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RUZLxxoAfT3C5jIJ144DLYdztYe_sqrKqbTlZuD05-s/edit#gid=445871101

CocoLibre

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 11:02:23 AM

CocoLibre where did you find this chart?  Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RUZLxxoAfT3C5jIJ144DLYdztYe_sqrKqbTlZuD05-s/edit#gid=445871101

The data is updated manually so I wouldn't expect any changes until next week
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 11:51:52 AM

Interesting, thanks.
Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 11:56:17 AM

Does anybody know who Ancun are and what they are doing with Factom?

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 12:14:00 PM

It's all on Factom's Blog:

Factom will provide Ancun an application interface to blockchain for their back office operations. Factom will also build an application interface to integrate with Ancun’s existing software systems. Factom’s technology will support Ancun’s notarization services for more than 100 locations in 28 provinces across China.

(...)

Ancun is a leader in the internet industry and a leading innovative electronic data notarization services provider. Ancun has accumulated extensive experiences in eight product types over a broad range of industries, including voice, email, documents, contracts, copyright, electronic government, medical data, instant messaging. They also have partnerships with more than 100 notarial offices in China. Ancun Zhengxin is a subsidiary of Ancun Group and is responsible for Ancun Group’s platform development and maintenance.

(...)

https://www.factom.com/ancun-and-factom-inc-announce-a-mou-for-the-integration-of-blockchain-technology-and-traditional-notarization-services-in-china/

Cryptorials

Activity: 690

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 12:42:21 PM

Factom will provide Ancun an application interface to blockchain for their back office operations. Factom will also build an application interface to integrate with Ancun’s existing software systems. Factom’s technology will support Ancun’s notarization services for more than 100 locations in 28 provinces across China.

(...)

Ancun is a leader in the internet industry and a leading innovative electronic data notarization services provider. Ancun has accumulated extensive experiences in eight product types over a broad range of industries, including voice, email, documents, contracts, copyright, electronic government, medical data, instant messaging. They also have partnerships with more than 100 notarial offices in China. Ancun Zhengxin is a subsidiary of Ancun Group and is responsible for Ancun Group’s platform development and maintenance.

(...)

https://www.factom.com/ancun-and-factom-inc-announce-a-mou-for-the-integration-of-blockchain-technology-and-traditional-notarization-services-in-china/

Oh its that one, thanks. Definitely a lot of potential use there.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 12:46:23 PM

(...)

(...)

Oh its that one, thanks. Definitely a lot of potential use there.

No problem! And yes. Ancun could be very interesting. I don't know anything about them, but I like this parts:

- leading innovative electronic data notarization services provider
- broad range of industries, including voice, email, documents, contracts, copyright, electronic government, medical data, instant messaging
- partnerships with more than 100 notarial offices in China

Azael

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 01:15:44 PM

About the only thing I agree with crazyivan on is the fact that Tempus is obviously a Factom employee or one of the founders. Seems a little dishonest to not be upfront about that but hey fuck me right. There is a number of reasons why I believe that but seems a bit waste of time to go into them. Allow me to suggest some kind of disclaimer. You have too much information and are too involved in a project which is in a community hostile stage.

Am I wrong? Maybe, maybe not. You can't change my mind with your big wall of texts but I just wanted to have it said that I think you are up to something that smells a bit disgusting. And well I apologize for my opinion as it is kind of a unneccessary post if it is untrue and you are just a contributor but people should have it in mind while reading your posts that you are probably affiliated somehow on a larger scale than the rest of us which kinda sucks as investors into a decentralized network we should all be equal but that is rarely if ever true sadly.

twitter.com/erikledgers
flashbit

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 01:28:37 PM

About the only thing I agree with crazyivan on is the fact that Tempus is obviously a Factom employee or one of the founders. Seems a little dishonest to not be upfront about that but hey fuck me right. There is a number of reasons why I believe that but seems a bit waste of time to go into them. Allow me to suggest some kind of disclaimer. You have too much information and are too involved in a project which is in a community hostile stage.

Am I wrong? Maybe, maybe not. You can't change my mind with your big wall of texts but I just wanted to have it said that I think you are up to something that smells a bit disgusting. And well I apologize for my opinion as it is kind of a unneccessary post if it is untrue and you are just a contributor but people should have it in mind while reading your posts that you are probably affiliated somehow on a larger scale than the rest of us which kinda sucks as investors into a decentralized network we should all be equal but that is rarely if ever true sadly.

Haha too funny you think this. Give me a break. Anything Tempus articulates is available via google. Tempus is simply well informed and excited as am I about the Factom tech. Truly inovated break thru tech. You can see Tempus is active on other forums as well. I think we should be all happy that Tempus is contributing and active on this forum. Only trolls taking short positions would come up with this crap.
Wosterlee

Activity: 220
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 01:34:12 PM

I don't understand this kind of reasoning to be honest. Yes, tempus seems like an insider, but so what? This guy has been a great source of information in this thread unlike you and especially CrazyIvan who only cares about his own money.

I suggest Tempus to use his Ignore button more often and stop feeding the obvious trolls. It's what it's there for.
Azael

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 01:44:18 PM

Haha too funny you think this. Give me a break. Anything Tempus articulates is available via google. Tempus is simply well informed and excited as am I about the Factom tech. Truly inovated break thru tech. You can see Tempus is active on other forums as well. I think we should be all happy that Tempus is contributing and active on this forum. Only trolls taking short positions would come up with this crap.

So where in this did I say anything about his contributions to this thread? They've been on point for sure but that wasn't what I was saying. Man you called me a troll and a short seller of FCT in a breath I really think you should be banned from using a computer or at least from writing to others on one. I haven't sold short anything and I am a large holder of FCT, chances are if you're not a founder I hold more than you do. Really next time you reply to me remove all these disgusting and untrue remarks that kids here plaster onto anybody who doesn't share their opinion.

I think Tempus is a good poster, but too good. It's obvious he spends a lot of time writing books and is an employee of Factom who acts as a bridge between them and us which I have no problem with but like I said it should be said upfront.

twitter.com/erikledgers
Azael

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 01:50:48 PM

I don't understand this kind of reasoning to be honest. Yes, tempus seems like an insider, but so what? This guy has been a great source of information in this thread unlike you and especially CrazyIvan who only cares about his own money.

I suggest Tempus to use his Ignore button more often and stop feeding the obvious trolls. It's what it's there for.

Alright let me break this into a few pieces. First of all read my post again, never did I say that he wasn't a great source of information so stop spreading lies and by the way what a horrible way to start a post - with a blatant lie that you can quickly discard just by looking in the quote while you type the post.

Secondly I care about my money, maybe you don't since you don't have any or don't have much I don't really care about you honestly. But let's go deeper, if you don't care about your money then why the hell are you an investor in Factom? Go on and convert the FCT to entry credits you technology lover.

Also I care a great deal about crypto and have made coin investments as well as in companies related to the space. And what the hell have you done to help the industry?

Also you call me a troll which is really disgusting and dishonest for offering my opinion here. All I am saying is that I think that Tempus is a Factom employee and that it is bad etiquette not to put a disclaimer on that if he is. Sure it feels a bit petty in the grand scheme of crypto things but Factom has made it their business to be better than other slimy cryptos and even "normal" businesses as they are dealing with governments. Now that's my 2 cents and you're free to ignore me as is anyone.

twitter.com/erikledgers
flashbit

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 02:20:23 PM

So where in this did I say anything about his contributions to this thread? They've been on point for sure but that wasn't what I was saying. Man you called me a troll and a short seller of FCT in a breath I really think you should be banned from using a computer or at least from writing to others on one. I haven't sold short anything and I am a large holder of FCT, chances are if you're not a founder I hold more than you do. Really next time you reply to me remove all these disgusting and untrue remarks that kids here plaster onto anybody who doesn't share their opinion.

I think Tempus is a good poster, but too good. It's obvious he spends a lot of time writing books and is an employee of Factom who acts as a bridge between them and us which I have no problem with but like I said it should be said upfront.

When ppl start making false accusations about community members and fellow traders/investors without any facts/evidence they are trolls in my book. There is no need to go negative on others unless you have an alterative motive. We have a lot to be positive about with factom. Enough said!
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 02:25:54 PM

Since we talk about trolls, we should talk about shills and groupies as well.

Let s all hold hands, dress in pink and sing kumbaya cause all s nice and merry in the Factomland.  Grin Grin Grin

Being overcautious has not killed anyone. Being overoptimistic has led people into big time financial disasters.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 02:45:27 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2016, 08:26:08 PM by tempus

This is getting stupid. I'm not even an ICO-Investor. I recognized Factom right after it launched on Polo.  

See, the bad thing here is: I can't prove what I'm not. I could prove what I am, and tell you a lot of my personal life and that would make clear that I'm not from Factom and it would make clear why I have time for this and also why I see it as kind of a "job" to invest in Crypto. I do this full-time. But I'm not a professional and my reasons are personal and I have no reason to post a diary here.

You say "You have too much information", but I just do deeper research and I analyze informations with another approach. It's never just about objective infos but especially subjective informations --> communication. I focus on little details. I could give you tons of examples and not just about Factom. And if you look into my post-history: Focus on my posts in the Heat-thread (1 or 2 weeks ago). Very often I use communication to find out more.

Example: My first post there was to James: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1543991.msg15555631#msg15555631

I won't say here why I've asked him. But I could tell you a lot about it. And I knew before that he would answer and what his answer would be. One line from me, one line from him and I could write you a wall of text why I asked and what I believe to see there.

Second post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1543991.msg15556402#msg15556402

3 questions. 2 are important. One (the third) is not worth to ask. Public Information. If you look how it was replied: The first two important questions were ignored. The unimportant one was answered. My next post was about my concerns about that. And that lead into a lot of bullshit and lies.

I didn't do that to hurt them or to spread FUD. I just wanted to know if Heat could be worth to invest in. They had an article in forbes, so I believed it could be a good project. But: I looked deeper into it and recognized many points I did not like and how they react and I can't say I know everything about them, but for sure I won't invest in lazy guys, who don't do the basics before they ask for money, and liars who intentionally misquote me:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1543991.msg15595975#msg15595975

Or look into my posts about Neucoin back in October. I predicted how it would end and in that case there was no possibility to be wrong.

I say that because I looked deep into Factom as well. If I would have recognized aspects that I could have considered as weak or dishonest, I would have communicated it and they would have answered. Because I ask in a way that it would be revealing not to answer. But all I saw was honesty and professionalism. I don't say they are perfect and without any mistakes. But in comparison with other projects I looked into, I don't know of any on that level.

For me it's always about the question if that what is visible can give informations about what is behind. And while it's never safe, just about possibilities, things become clear if I have a lot of informations. That's why I have a lot of informations because I collect informations to be able to do what I do.

And this situation, that some here seem to believe I'm from Factom is mainly a result because I shared informations and also speculations. If I wouldn't have done that, nobody would believe in this stupidity. And funny is: If I'm critical, Heat for example, I'm accused to be paid from a competitor. Neucoin was the same. And some others as well. It's a typical reaction.

This is a good point:

"we should all be equal but that is rarely if ever true sadly"

You and I are potentially equal, because I know nothing you are unable to find out. I never had any kind of insider-infos. We are not equal because I'm more diligent and more precise and maybe I have more time because of personal reasons and most likely I know more about psychology etc. But what I do is no rocket science.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:27:04 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2016, 07:11:52 PM by tempus

See, in the other post you say you care about your money. And we are on the same side here. What you believe to see as indications that I could be an insider results out of the fact that I am very consequent in what I do. I don't want to buy bullshit. I focus on pearls.

In 2014 I tried to play roulette. But I hate it not to know what's going on. And while it's never possible to really know what is going on behind the curtain, I use nearly everything to come to conclusions. And while I know that those conclusions are subjective, not facts, I combine it all and increase the possibility of being more correct than wrong - never safe. And "black-swans" are not predictable.

So, you should figure that we are on the same side in this game. And just btw: My approach would never be to say that somebody could be an Insider.
First I would look deep into his post history. Than I would ask questions. People are not good in remembering lies. I would figure if somebody would reply with lies or just shows uncertainty.

If you would do that and ask me the way I would ask, you would find out: No reason to believe that "tempus" is an Insider. You wouldn't even ask because my post-history shows enough.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:33:26 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2016, 08:22:55 PM by tempus

Since we talk about trolls, we should talk about shills and groupies as well.

Let s all hold hands, dress in pink and sing kumbaya cause all s nice and merry in the Factomland.  Grin Grin Grin

Being overcautious has not killed anyone. Being overoptimistic has led people into big time financial disasters.

Being lazy, arrogant, ignorant, naive, superficial, greedy, demanding, (...) has led people into all kinds of disasters - not just financial ones.

And you are not able to show just one post of me that one could call "overoptimistic" in which I don't say myself that I'm not sure how realistic it is - if I describe an optimistic scenario!

So, I'm just honest. You should take a look into the mirror...
flashbit

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 04:30:34 PM

https://new.tradingview.com/chart/FCTBTC/bCQIgRwZ-factom-bear-market-should-be-over/
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 05:13:18 PM

Some questions:

- Where can i find my private key and or wallet.dat?
- How can i decrypt my wallet?

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: