Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:57:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
D-Lux

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 11:21:15 PM

Latest factomd/M2 commit, today from Brian Deery:

"Merge branch 'm2'"

https://github.com/FactomProject/factomd/commit/a1dae40c094227d9196d888b230a3122e76021fa
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
willowfoot

Activity: 332
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 03:24:44 AM

okay i have tried to get the wallet working but i can not sync factomd.
It stays on block 37209 and after 5a10 min factomd shuts down.
Tried this 20 times?
I wanted to put the private key (from the offline adress)in to the wallet and then send the factoids back to the exchange just to check of this works?
Because its feel strange to use factoidpapermill and send all factoids to this adress without knowing that this adress belongs to me?
Anybody follow me.....i do not know much about this but do not want my factoids on a exchange anymore!
Is there another solution to check these staps?
Or do i have to trust the given factoidspapermill(on offline computer)adress and privatekey.
Does anybody know in the future that it will be easy to import this private key and adress into the wallet?
Thanks

yeah ive had problems too, has anyone successfully sent factoids from the gui back to another address?

Dont know if its sync problems or what ... but after I click send transaction nothing happens.

I dont receive the message like in the example "Transaction ## has been submitted to Factom"

Are we suppose to have factomd.conf initially configured?

nowhere man

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:13:22 PM

Quick question fellow digital token enthusiasts. Wouldn't Factom function perfectly for the recording of wills? I've searched online and can only find one company (blockchain apparatus) that is trying to develop the bitcoin blockchain for such a use. perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems that Factom would be a good fit for this?
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:27:21 PM

Quick question fellow digital token enthusiasts. Wouldn't Factom function perfectly for the recording of wills? I've searched online and can only find one company (blockchain apparatus) that is trying to develop the bitcoin blockchain for such a use. perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems that Factom would be a good fit for this?

Yes. Factom is good for all kind of stuff - all important documents one can imagine, all important data in general. And from private persons to companies to institutes to governments.

After I've recognized Factom I tried to find out for what it could be used. I gave up because it really can be used for everything that is important, especially if it has a time-context.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:36:00 PM

The price still sits in the more less same range. Cannot believe there s no fuel to break up yet.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:40:03 PM

Nice idea, hope the team thought of that one too.
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 08:29:59 PM

Latest factomd/M2 commit, today from Brian Deery:

"Merge branch 'm2'"

https://github.com/FactomProject/factomd/commit/a1dae40c094227d9196d888b230a3122e76021fa

Interesting seems release M2 is imminent. That status hadn't changed since 30th March.
Yolo123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 09:40:36 PM

The price still sits in the more less same range. Cannot believe there s no fuel to break up yet.

wait for 08152016 should have a pr on that crowfunding...
BrianDeery

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 07:10:58 AM

okay i have tried to get the wallet working but i can not sync factomd.
It stays on block 37209 and after 5a10 min factomd shuts down.
Tried this 20 times?
I wanted to put the private key (from the offline adress)in to the wallet and then send the factoids back to the exchange just to check of this works?
Because its feel strange to use factoidpapermill and send all factoids to this adress without knowing that this adress belongs to me?
Anybody follow me.....i do not know much about this but do not want my factoids on a exchange anymore!
Is there another solution to check these staps?
Or do i have to trust the given factoidspapermill(on offline computer)adress and privatekey.
Does anybody know in the future that it will be easy to import this private key and adress into the wallet?
Thanks

Factomd should't shut down on it's own.  let see if we can find the error.  open a command prompt, then run factomd.  When it closes, it should give an error message.  

What does it say just below: At x: syncing to block height x from...  after it stops?

xiao9527

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 08:14:50 AM

大家好,我是大胡子
Azael

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:13:07 AM

How intertwined do you guys think the Factom INC valuation is with FCT as a currency?
How many entries per month is made by Factom themselves?
Do you think we are getting the short end of the stick as currency investors vs company investors?

You know I don't like how Factom doesn't want to show their currency side their bnktothefuture for example. I think we're the peasants here guys being used to create a distributed network someday. And I don't like how they say they don't care about the price of FCTs. How the F can you say that? Surely this is new territory and FCT is jumping hoops avoiding suits and fines but give me a break guys. We can still compare this to other things, like a CEO of a company telling it's shareholders it doesn't care about the price. By then I'd walk out the door but the thing about cryptocurrencies is that there isn't so many that aren't scams in my view. Like, a lot fall in the category of "possibly scams" thus I don't want to trade nor invest in them.

Anyway I'm beginning to have some doubts about the economic system behind FCT in other words I doubt the team. Will they make me money? The market already has but can the team take it to another level? I don't even know them and it appears like Factom doesn't want us to know them. It's like a wall between us and them.

Anyway I'll stick around to after M2 for sure to see if the community participation may increase in this project. Despite so many question marks, uncertainties and the digestion of information this pussy too good...

twitter.com/erikledgers
matt608

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 10:30:22 AM

How intertwined do you guys think the Factom INC valuation is with FCT as a currency?
Do you think we are getting the short end of the stick as currency investors vs company investors?

You know I don't like how Factom doesn't want to show their currency side their bnktothefuture for example. I think we're the peasants here guys being used to create a distributed network someday. And I don't like how they say they don't care about the price of FCTs. How the F can you say that? Surely this is new territory and FCT is jumping hoops avoiding suits and fines but give me a break guys. We can still compare this to other things, like a CEO of a company telling it's shareholders it doesn't care about the price. By then I'd walk out the door but the thing about cryptocurrencies is that there isn't so many that aren't scams in my view. Like, a lot fall in the category of "possibly scams" thus I don't want to trade nor invest in them.

Anyway I'm beginning to have some doubts about the economic system behind FCT in other words I doubt the team. Will they make me money? The market already has but can the team take it to another level? I don't even know them and it appears like Factom doesn't want us to know them. It's like a wall between us and them.

Anyway I'll stick around to after M2 for sure to see if the community participation may increase in this project. Despite so many question marks, uncertainties and the digestion of information this pussy too good...

I'm no expert but most big successful companies focus on the product and the business side and don't market to investors unless they are raising funds so it makes factom more professional than other cryptos.  It's like the opposite of ethereum with huge hype but not much practical business use yet, with factom theres no hype and very useful in business, which is a better investment?

It would be nice to have a little more care towards factoid holders but I'm ok with resources being focused on growing the business.  The more the business grows the more the factoid supply decreases, so that is taking care of factoid holders.  There was something John Snow said in a video that because the factoid supply will start inflating after M3 but also being reduced by the business growing (use of entry credits) that that would cause the factoid price to stabilise a bit.  This peeved me as that seems untrue to me and more like a good opportunity for promotion missed.  The factoid team simply need to generate more use of their system than the (future) inflation rate for the factoid price to rise.  I expect they will massively succeed in this so I expect the price to rise massively too, why John Snow didn't say this I don't know, but it doesn't really matter.

There are 27 people on the factoid team and from what I have seen they are high quality folks.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:06:08 AM

Both is connected to the use/demand of the system. Factom Inc. won't make money if nobody would want to use Factom and the other way around. The more Customers for the system, the more chances for Factom Inc. to be the one to go to get software and Entry Credits. So, it's more than just connected. It's dependent.

Most of it. Paul Snow said that on Twitter ("Most are ours, true.  But placed in by the same rules as anyone.")

Most will be testing. Even the companies are most likely more testing it. The number of Entry Credits is no indication until now and the system is not even finished. But what it is an indication are all the news about partnerships, because it shows that there is interest. I've thought a lot about potential negative scenarios, potential reasons why Factom could fail. But it wouldn't be because of a lack of general demand for such a system. It's all about quality. Something like Ethereum experienced with theDAO and the HF shouldn't happen to Factom. After I've recognized Factom and thought about it, one point was competition and if that could be a problem. But I doubt it, because the general demand is very high. There is enough for everybody. And the good news also is: Factom seems to be leading and more complete than others.

I think the other way around. I thought about investing in the share sale. But to do that I would have to sell Factoids. And I decided not to do that. About the value it's this way I believe:

Factom as company will make money with coding software for the system and with selling Entry Credits and so on. If they will be very successful it will be because of high demand. They need to promote the system to promote their business as a company. At the same time: It's possible to use the system and to have high demand without hiring Factom Inc. A bank can pay their own Developers to build applications they need and nobody needs to buy EC's from Factom.

So, I believe that the shares are a buy because I believe that Factom as company has high chances to be successful. But if they will be successful the system will be successful. And if I need to decide between buying and holding shares or buying and holding Factoids I chose Factoids. Besides the fact that FCT's are much more flexible and easier to move and to react with, the Crypto-market is more dynamic and involves some potential chances because of the psychological aspect (let's say it overdrives good news into a pump).

And the price for FCT's will be connected to the demand like the shares and in best case-scenarios even more. Because, again: It's theoretically possible that there will be high demand for the system but companies and other customers use software from other providers. All Dev's on this world can develop app's. And "everybody" can make an Entry Credit - Store (not really because it's likely that there are some regulatory problems, in some countries more than in others).

Under the line I think that it's a perfect combination and Factom gives a lot for free. Because they provide an open source system that everybody can use and that gives a lot of free opportunities. Their business is that they are the leading experts and the one to call to get expertise and software. But if you are a skilled Dev and you make a great app that would be widely used and you sell it --> you get the money and you don't need to pay Factom anything. They would benefit as Factoid-holders.

So it's a win-win-situatoin here. I don't see weak aspects.

And if you say something like this:

"Anyway I'm beginning to have some doubts about the economic system behind FCT in other words I doubt the team. Will they make me money? The market already has but can the team take it to another level? I don't even know them and it appears like Factom doesn't want us to know them. It's like a wall between us and them."

My impression is that you are not informed. I mean, what does it mean to "know" the team? Nobody knows them personal. But that's true for all Dev-teams in Crypto. Does anybody know Vitalik Buterin besides his videos and posts? Nobody knows who Satoshi is (Craig Wright showed up again just btw). But you can figure out how they act and are. Just watch all videos with Paul Snow, Brian Deery, Tiana Laurence, Peter Kirby etc. Read what they write. You won't find dishonesty or a lack of professionalism or a lack of abilities. They are professionals and they have ethics. Much more than most of us. I really focus on that and I digged deep. And I've never seen such a combination of professionalism, skills, hard work, expertise and honesty. There are other great teams in this market. But Factom is by far the best I know of. I would like to spread the normal risk a little bit more, but until now I didn't find something that is on the same level.

And the question if they will make you money - I don't understand that attitude. They don't work for making money for us, they work for themselves. And there is no need for making friendships here. It would be enough if Investors and Traders and Speculators would be a little bit more professional. And the better they, Factom, do their job the more you and I will benefit from the value they are creating while we as speculators are a side-effect of the decentralized system but without adding real value to it. Without any real work we have a lot of chances here.

And just to prevent your theories about me: I really think this way and that's the reason why I write this way.
Azael

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 12:01:26 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2016, 12:29:39 PM by Azael

My impression is that you are not informed. I mean, what does it mean to "know" the team? Nobody knows them personal. But that's true for all Dev-teams in Crypto. Does anybody know Vitalik Buterin besides his videos and posts? Nobody knows who Satoshi is (Craig Wright showed up again just btw). But you can figure out how they act and are. Just watch all videos with Paul Snow, Brian Deery, Tiana Laurence, Peter Kirby etc. Read what they write. You won't find dishonesty or a lack of professionalism or a lack of abilities. They are professionals and they have ethics. Much more than most of us. I really focus on that and I digged deep. And I've never seen such a combination of professionalism, skills, hard work, expertise and honesty. There are other great teams in this market. But Factom is by far the best I know of. I would like to spread the normal risk a little bit more, but until now I didn't find something that is on the same level.

And the question if they will make you money - I don't understand that attitude. They don't work for making money for us, they work for themselves. And there is no need for making friendships here. It would be enough if Investors and Traders and Speculators would be a little bit more professional. And the better they, Factom, do their job the more you and I will benefit from the value they are creating while we as speculators are a side-effect of the decentralized system but without adding real value to it. Without any real work we have a lot of chances here.

And just to prevent your theories about me: I really think this way and that's the reason why I write this way.

I'll just quote this because I disagree with the majority of your post and I think you dance around every question I had as well as make wrong assumptions and you write too much. For me to reply to everything you said would take an hour at least and I would only do that if it were good stuff.

That being said I want to know the team since I want to know if they will improve and what they will do in the future. As a shareholder in Factom INC this would be a normal question to be answered but as a currency holder it's not. Which is really terrible because the price of FCTs in the future relies heavily on their ability to sell entries.

Anyway, stop giving me this bullshit over "they don't work for you" or whatever since they kinda do in a way and in a way many of us work for them. And yeah I'm an investor, if you just like the technology and don't like money then why have you invested? Huge hypocrite man.

Unlike you I'm not scared to say I am in it for the money because I still have my balls attached. Seems you forgot how it goes, investors put money into a project so they can fulfill their goals and in return hope that their investment grows. When you've given somebody money and they say they don't care about the price that's disrespectful period. I like the technology behind FCT but the structure of Factom INC is problematic since I have to believe in them to sell entries and not knowing their abilities is a huge problem for me.

Pretty much everything about this project has to be so damn difficult from our side and it pisses me off because it is done intentionally. And yeah we investors are still worth something here since Factom holds a lot of FCT.

So let's reiterate how things are for FCT investors and potential FCT investors.
Lack of transparency over entries making projections impossible
Lack of transparency over Factoms FCT holdings and future sales or previous sales making factoring in dilution impossible
Lack of transparency over how Factom INC and FCT work together
No user friendly wallet causing a systemic risk to FCTs since a lot is held on exchanges
No viable blockchain explorer nor rich lists

And you're going to tell me it's fair investors are going to first of all invest their time which is maybe 10 hours of reading? And learning FCTs economic system?

Are you going to debate me on every single one of those points like nothing can be better and no wrong can be done by Factom or can you just agree they need to give investors some serious clarifications?

twitter.com/erikledgers
matt608

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 12:45:03 PM

See this doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RUZLxxoAfT3C5jIJ144DLYdztYe_sqrKqbTlZuD05-s/edit#gid=445871101

No user friendly wallet causing a systemic risk to FCTs since a lot is held on exchanges

This thread has some answers:
https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/4tim4z/factom_series_a_and_its_valuation/d5zqsqi?context=3

Hope that helps! Smiley
Azael

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:49:29 PM

See this doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RUZLxxoAfT3C5jIJ144DLYdztYe_sqrKqbTlZuD05-s/edit#gid=445871101

https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/4tim4z/factom_series_a_and_its_valuation/d5zqsqi?context=3

Hope that helps! Smiley

That google document doesn't say much as it is mostly Factom putting in their own entries. Take Enron for example, they filed for bankruptcy 2001 so we can conclude it's definitely not them buying credits to put something there. Same likely goes for several others so how many are actually real customers burning ECs?
"Chinese markets" and "Enron" are the largest with 495k & 681k entries.. followed by "Poloniex" and "Bitcoin Average".. even the miscellaneous is moving like clockwork so seems likely that is Factom too. See my point?

And thanks for the thread I hadn't read that!

twitter.com/erikledgers
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 02:06:55 PM

When you've given somebody money and they say they don't care about the price that's disrespectful period.

This is the key sentence! Think about it: there are company investors via bank of the future and factoid investors - which type of investor gave money to Factum Inc. and which one didn't?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 03:35:04 PM

I'll just quote this because I disagree with the majority of your post and I think you dance around every question I had as well as make wrong assumptions and you write too much. For me to reply to everything you said would take an hour at least and I would only do that if it were good stuff.  

Your lack of diligence and accuracy can't be my problem. And to say you would only reply if I my posts were "good stuff" is a funny sidestep. I know how you define the word "fact" - and that has not much to do with the real definition.

That being said I want to know the team since I want to know if they will improve and what they will do in the future. As a shareholder in Factom INC this would be a normal question to be answered but as a currency holder it's not. Which is really terrible because the price of FCTs in the future relies heavily on their ability to sell entries.

I really don't understand why you see a lack of information here. They are open. We already have proof how successful they are on the business-side or do you believe the partnerships etc. come out of nothing? And do you think they will stop with that?  

There are just two ways to have a lack of trust in the team:

1. To be not informed
2. To doubt they are honest

You are responsible for Point 1. And that could also give trust regarding Point 2. If that does not help there is nothing they can do for you, at least there is no reason why they should care much about it if you don't do your part. And you are not very supportive, just pissed.

Anyway, stop giving me this bullshit over "they don't work for you" or whatever since they kinda do in a way and in a way many of us work for them. And yeah I'm an investor, if you just like the technology and don't like money then why have you invested? Huge hypocrite man.
You absolutely don't get the point.

1. They are not working for us. I would have a lot of doubts if they would be just altruistic for the best of speculators.

2. At least you do nothing here for them. You spread around even lies. I mean, you called it a fact that I would be an insider, or even a founder! That's so stupid that I can't believe it. And while I don't take it personal it can't be helpful to implicate that Factom would do or need such shady moves.

3. Of course I want to make profit. But I will benefit if the system will be delivered as good as possible and if they just continue with what they did all the last months the rest is a matter of time. And I watch the development and I would react if I believe to see concerning signs. But I don't see that until now. I'm invested since they hit Polo. And my confidence and trust in Factom as a project and the team behind increased over time. It's much more now than it was in November for example, because they showed a lot and they delivered a lot in all important aspects.  

And I really like it to see that they don't play by Crypto-rules.

Unlike you I'm not scared to say I am in it for the money because I still have my balls attached. Seems you forgot how it goes, investors put money into a project so they can fulfill their goals and in return hope that their investment grows.

Your implications about me are stupid. Show me one post that seems as if I'm scared to say I'm in for the money? I'm just not interested in stupid gambles.

And I did not forget how it goes. But I know that the Crypto-market has nothing to do with "how it goes". Quality needs time, needs hard work, needs professionals. And here is a team that is professional and does exactly what is needed to be more than just another Wannabe-but-hype-project without any real chance. And some here are complaining and demanding. That's the real joke.

And by the way: Did you invest in their ICO? Because if not, you did not put money into this project. I'm no ICO-Investor. I doubt that you are.

When you've given somebody money and they say they don't care about the price that's disrespectful period. I like the technology behind FCT but the structure of Factom INC is problematic since I have to believe in them to sell entries and not knowing their abilities is a huge problem for me.
They've never said that they don't care about the price. They say that it's about the system and the price will reflect that. And they are most likely intentionally careful regarding speaking about the price, because I believe that they want to avoid every impression they would want to hype it. And if I'm right with that I don't just respect that. It's smart. And they say that they won't make marketing for the price but it's obvious that they do a lot of marketing for the system. You should understand that it is marketing for the price. It's the best marketing they can do for it. And that is also something they've said.

And you don't need to believe that Factom Inc sells entries. If a big company wants to use the system they can develop an application for themselves and they can buy Factoids and convert them into EC's themselves.

Plus: It's not very rational to doubt in their abilities regarding marketing and business. The system is not even finished but they already have partnerships! They already are in negotiations with Honduras! They talk about smart cities and about Identity systems and all kind of stuff. Not sure what you miss here.

This is more about you. You should so more research.

Pretty much everything about this project has to be so damn difficult from our side and it pisses me off because it is done intentionally. And yeah we investors are still worth something here since Factom holds a lot of FCT.

Do research. That's all what I can say. Everything is difficult for lazy people.

So let's reiterate how things are for FCT investors and potential FCT investors.
Lack of transparency over Factoms FCT holdings and future sales or previous sales making factoring in dilution impossible
Lack of transparency over how Factom INC and FCT work together
No viable blockchain explorer nor rich lists

And you're going to tell me it's fair investors are going to first of all invest their time which is maybe 10 hours of reading? And learning FCTs economic system?

I can't answer on all points here. I just can say again: Do research. And man, you're thinking too much in shitcoin-categories. That's a problem of the majority of this market.

Are you going to debate me on every single one of those points like nothing can be better and no wrong can be done by Factom or can you just agree they need to give investors some serious clarifications?
Even I don't reply on every single point. It's getting boring.

See, you could find answers to your questions. It can't be their job to do your work.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 03:37:23 PM

When you've given somebody money and they say they don't care about the price that's disrespectful period.

This is the key sentence! Think about it: there are company investors via bank of the future and factoid investors - which type of investor gave money to Factum Inc. and which one didn't?

We can say, there are two kinds of Factoid-Investors:

1. ICO-buyers
2. Those who bought after launch

And in fact Nr.2 is more about Speculators.

But you're right. If Azael did not buy into the ICO he can't say that he gave money to Factom.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 03:50:45 PM

See this doc:

Hope that helps! Smiley

That google document doesn't say much as it is mostly Factom putting in their own entries. Take Enron for example, they filed for bankruptcy 2001 so we can conclude it's definitely not them buying credits to put something there. Same likely goes for several others so how many are actually real customers burning ECs?
"Chinese markets" and "Enron" are the largest with 495k & 681k entries.. followed by "Poloniex" and "Bitcoin Average".. even the miscellaneous is moving like clockwork so seems likely that is Factom too. See my point?

Point is that Factom as a system is not finished yet. Of course there is a lot of testing and not that much real business for now. But the partnerships show interest. I don't know of a project that comes close to that.
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: