Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:45:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115843 times)
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:22:41 PM

Good, at least we can agree on the fact I like Etherum more, no argument there from my side. I used to believe in Factom much more before then I do now and I have no problem with other people having different opinion. I really cannot understand why some people here at the forum have a very distinctive need to insult people who simply have different opinion. Fine, you do not agree with me, fine you think my comments are motivated by desire to achieve price correction. Question for people who think that way, WHAT KIND OF TOKEN WOULD FACTOM BE IF I WOULD BE ABLE TO MOVE THE PRICE WITH ONE OR TWO MY POSTS? Pls, do not make me laugh.

If I did use different terminology to describe Factom and Etherum price movements, that s not intentional, after all English is not my first language.

I agree with you on the investor side. IMO Factom devs are much too dismissive about the speculators. It is us who will provide the liquidity for the federated servers to dump their coins on, ultimately providing an income for them. Or if the federated servers sell back tokens to have on the factom store front then why in the F did they ever have factoms/oids on an exchange in the first place.

Clearly you dont understand FACTOM...or you are simply another troll...maybe this link will help.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1521895

He understands the situation very well. Factom team needed ICQ investors to fund their development. A fact. Now they could not care less whether people trade, own, invest into Factoid or not. A fact. Simply due to the fact there s another way to use their product, by directly purcashing entry credits. A fact.

Again this is a viable business strategy, something lots of owners of tech startups would do. Simply deliver a product and make money, regardless of a few thousands naive investors who expected to gain something by investing into Factoids. So pls, let us stop selling BS story about Factom being all rainbows and sunshine. This is why I like Ether more.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:32:04 PM

Good, at least we can agree on the fact I like Etherum more, no argument there from my side. I used to believe in Factom much more before then I do now and I have no problem with other people having different opinion. I really cannot understand why some people here at the forum have a very distinctive need to insult people who simply have different opinion. Fine, you do not agree with me, fine you think my comments are motivated by desire to achieve price correction. Question for people who think that way, WHAT KIND OF TOKEN WOULD FACTOM BE IF I WOULD BE ABLE TO MOVE THE PRICE WITH ONE OR TWO MY POSTS? Pls, do not make me laugh.

If I did use different terminology to describe Factom and Etherum price movements, that s not intentional, after all English is not my first language.

I agree with you on the investor side. IMO Factom devs are much too dismissive about the speculators. It is us who will provide the liquidity for the federated servers to dump their coins on, ultimately providing an income for them. Or if the federated servers sell back tokens to have on the factom store front then why in the F did they ever have factoms/oids on an exchange in the first place.

Clearly you dont understand FACTOM...or you are simply another troll...maybe this link will help.

He understands the situation very well. Factom team needed ICQ investors to fund their development. A fact. Now they could not care less whether people trade, own, invest into Factoid or not. A fact. Simply due to the fact there s another way to use their product, by directly purcashing entry credits. A fact.

Again this is a viable business strategy, something lots of owners of tech startups would do. Simply deliver a product and make money, regardless of a few thousands naive investors who expected to gain something by investing into Factoids. So pls, let us stop selling BS story about Factom being all rainbows and sunshine. This is why I like Ether more.

Entry credits are great. Because users do not have to subject themselves to the volatility of FCT. Besides thats not where FCT will get its value from. The servers are where FCT will derive its value from. The more servers supporting the network/ the bigger the network gets...the  value of FCT will increase in return. Quite beautiful really. You just need to wrap your head around how the system works. Read the white paper and re read this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1521895
dleader

Activity: 592

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:44:16 PM

Entry credits are great. Because users do not have to subject themselves to the volatility of FCT. Besides thats not where FCT will get its value from. The servers are where FCT will derive its value from. The more servers supporting the network/ the bigger the network gets...the  value of FCT will increase in return. Quite beautiful really. You just need to wrap your head around how the system works. Read the white paper and re read this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1521895

I may have missed some nuances sure, IMO we will see in the next 5 years ideas that are not supported by incentives fail. BTC works because of it's constant block payout incentive. When the first private blockchain owned by a bank is compromised they will understand the power of incentivized decentralized entities.  

I'll reread and reread the info, I just haven't seen for awhile any information that incentivizes holding factom if entry credits are pegged to an arbitrary amount set by the core team.

Aren't the servers set at 32 max? How is that decentralized?
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:49:40 PM

1. Everybody who bought into the ICO is with about 3.5 times in profit in BTC - a fact
2. Everybody who bought into the ICO is with about 10 times (!!!) in profit in Dollar - a fact
3. The Factom team continuous delivers and keeps us informed - a fact
.........just check this: https://twitter.com/factomproject/with_replies
....................or this: https://www.factom.com/blog/
4. Everybody can check that they are working hard here: https://github.com/FactomProject/  - constant updates - a fact
5. Directly purchased Entry Credits (for $) nevertheless "burn" Factoids - A FACT! (I often tried to explain but obviously you don't get it)
6. So yes, please stop with your bullshit-stories
dleader

Activity: 592

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:07:55 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2016, 08:19:54 PM by dleader

1. Everybody who bought into the ICO is with about 3.5 times in profit in BTC - a fact
2. Everybody who bought into the ICO is with about 10 times (!!!) in profit in Dollar - a fact
4. Everybody can check that they are working hard here: https://github.com/FactomProject/  - constant updates - a fact
5. Directly purchased Entry Credits (for $) nevertheless "burn" Factoids - A FACT! (I often tried to explain but obviously you don't get it)

"Everybody who bought into the ICO" were not many ppl honestly, a few very lucky IF they held, which is doubtful.

If the team said, o.k we will have a queue set up (by chain height) so that they entry credits will be by seniority on the store front. That would be appealing to long term investors. In other words if they said you can exchange your FCT to us at store front set price for being loyal investors, BEFORE the servers that would make sense.
Fact: The current model is this, you guys holding FCT just hope for the best.

Have they given us any sort of #'s not btctalk users predictions, but real hard data as to what they reasonably see will be the entry credit demand? I apologize if they have I just can't read through 100's of pages here.

Fact: if the entry credits are not pegged to a free market demand than it's flawed no?

Edit: Yes i understand EC's are not ever to be traded on any free market and they are separate from FCT. Why they didn't make the EC the token and FCT they server reward is beyond me?
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:42:54 PM

Well, Factom has not been designed to serve the purpose of a few selected ICQ investors. I know I wasn't one of them and I m sure huge majority of current holders are not. I keep trying to explain to people discussion does not have to based on mutual insulting but I guess assholes like you simply have never learned how to do it so I need to reply in kind. This is NOT fucking communism and not everyone s going to agree with you just cause you want it. FFS, learn it.

Blazin8888

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:46:05 PM

Well, Factom has not been designed to serve the purpose of a few selected ICQ investors. I know I wasn't one of them and I m sure huge majority of current holders are not. I keep trying to explain to people discussion does not have to based on mutual insulting but I guess assholes like you simply have never learned how to do it so I need to reply in kind. This is NOT fucking communism and not everyone s going to agree with you just cause you want it. FFS, learn it.

I have a feeling this guy is going to turn into the ICEBREAKER of this thread. That kid from Monero crew.
Bagatell

Activity: 722

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:49:28 PM

I have a feeling this guy is going to turn into the ICEBREAKER of this thread. That kid from Monero crew.

[/quote]

Please don't quote him. ty
user_fred

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:53:13 PM

Hi all, is there a way to see the largest wallets into the blockchain explorer ?
I am wondering how are the biggest holders. i am not able to find the answer anywhere.
Thanks.
well well well ...no fact ?  Roll Eyes

@: 8cfscmSGjePDWwu6w5kbMbACwHhybLrawk
§1 = 1MWh
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:01:27 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2016, 09:16:22 PM by tempus

"Everybody who bought into the ICO" were not many ppl honestly, a few very lucky IF they held, which is doubtful.  

1. The "argument" of crazyivan was that Factom did an ICO but now they wouldn't care about their Investors. That's kind of "double-wrong".
2. I didn't buy the ICO but right after launch and continuous the first three months and I still buy if I have money free and the price is cheap in my opinion.

If the team said, o.k we will have a queue set up (by chain height) so that they entry credits will be by seniority on the store front. That would be appealing to long term investors. In other words if they said you can exchange your FCT to us at store front set price for being loyal investors, BEFORE the servers that would make sense.
Fact: The current model is this, you guys holding FCT just hope for the best.

Factom should buy Factoids not from Poloniex but from "loyal Investors" at higher prices? Those loyal Investors can sell their FCT 10 times above ICO-price on Poloniex. No need for a Factom-charity-organisation.

And what Factoid-holders hope for is a widely used system, because every time somebody wants to place data into Factom and purchases Entry Credits ---> Factoids are converted into Entry Credits and out of the system - "burned".

The higher the use, the higher the conversion-rate of FCT's --> EC's = less FCT's in the System = higher price

At the same time there are about 73k new created Factoids each months as payment for the federated server.

Have they given us any sort of #'s not btctalk users predictions, but real hard data as to what they reasonably see will be the entry credit demand? I apologize if they have I just can't read through 100's of pages here.

They didn't give a prediction because they can only think in scenarios. Should they make promises without hard facts? But take a look here, just the last months:

iSoftStone and Factom Announce a Partnership to Integrate Blockchain Technology and Smart City Solutions
https://www.factom.com/isoftstone-and-factom-announce-a-partnership-to-integrate-blockchain-technology-and-smart-city-solutions/

Ancun and Factom Inc Announce a MOU for the Integration of Blockchain Technology and Traditional Notarization Services in China
https://www.factom.com/ancun-and-factom-inc-announce-a-mou-for-the-integration-of-blockchain-technology-and-traditional-notarization-services-in-china/

Rongdu Technology and Factom Inc. Announce a Partnership to Build New Fintech Solutions with Blockchain
https://www.factom.com/rongdu-technology-and-factom-inc-partnership/

DHS S&T Awards $199K to Austin Based Factom Inc. for Internet of Things Systems Security
https://www.factom.com/dhs-st-awards-199k-to-factom-inc/

Or here you'll find even more company-names, partially without that there would be announcements yet (most likely testing):

Usage Statistics

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RUZLxxoAfT3C5jIJ144DLYdztYe_sqrKqbTlZuD05-s/edit#gid=445871101

Fact: if the entry credits are not pegged to a free market demand than it's flawed no?

Entry Credits are only used to place data into the system: 1 Entry = 1 Entry Credit = $ 0.001
They are pegged to the use of the system.

And again: Every time somebody needs Entry Credits, Factoids are converted into EC's and "burned".

Edit: Yes i understand EC's are not ever to be traded on any free market and they are separate from FCT. Why they didn't make the EC the token and FCT they server reward is beyond me?

Factom will be decentralized. It needs an incentive to run the federated servers. FCT's are the payment for that. It's like a Factom-currency. You can trade it, you can transfer it and the price can fluctuate.

EC's are no Crypto-Currency and they have a fixed price. Big companies like banks don't touch cryptocurrencies because of regulatory issues. But they can purchase Entry Credits for Dollars. And no matter how customers purchase EC's (first FCT's and convert it into EC's themselves or directly for $), every time Factoids are converted into Entry Credits and burned.

And if you think about that: It's a nearly perfect economical design. Here is why:

1. A decentralized system with incentives for professionals to run the federated server.
2. No need for customers to touch any Cryptocurrency, they don't even need to know about the existence of Factoids
3. The price of Factoids can fluctuate, but because of the burning-rate it will reflect the real use of Factom

If they would use just Entry Credits  --> as a token, they would have at least two problems:

1. A fluctuating price would mean: Tomorrow it could cost twice as much as today. No company would ever use such a system.
2. It would be a cryptocurrency - a lot of companies are not allowed to buy a cryptocurrency to have access to a system

This is the most elegant system I've ever seen. They've eliminated all kinds of friction regarding their potential customers, and at the same time they've found a perfect way to keep it decentralized. The best of both worlds without weak points I would know of.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:05:57 PM

I know, I know, truth sometimes hurts. Also not having sheep mentality and blindly following demented sheppard also hurts. Guess what, there s someone who thinks differently, they MUST be a troll.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:09:08 PM

I'm also not a one of the ICO-Investors. You was it who claimed Factom wouldn't care about their ICO-Investors (and they were not selected. everybody was free to buy - I just wasn't aware). That's why I told you that they most likely disagree with you, because those who still hold are more than safe in the profit-zone. And I told you that it's wrong anyway, plus some other facts you try to distort and some infos you obviously doesn't understand, even if somebody tries to explain it again and again...

P.S.: It's kind of paradox to say "I keep trying to explain to people discussion does not have to based on mutual insulting" and to continue with "assholes like you" ;-)

P.P.S: Thanks for the laugh.
Blazin8888

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:12:45 PM

Please don't quote him. ty
[/quote]

Noted.
Price has been looking stronger over past few days. Buy support also up. What are your thoughts sir?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:13:11 PM

I know, I know, truth sometimes hurts. Also not having sheep mentality and blindly following demented sheppard also hurts. Guess what, there s someone who thinks differently, they MUST be a troll.

It's not because you think "differently" or because you have another opinion. You keep on telling lies, you spread des-info and you call that "facts" (or now you call it "truth" - even hurting truth, which is laughable). And really, your whiney behavior was kind of entertaining some months ago but since some time it's only annoying.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:53:04 PM

Name one lie I have stated here. Pls, just one.

I have offered nothing but my opinion here. Your problem is that you simply cannot accept somebody thinks different then you do. Why is this so hard?
I accept you have different opinion then I do, very, very pink and I d even dare to say not based on fact but your own interpretation of facts but I still don't have a problem accepting your opinion. On the other hand, you call my opinion whining. Why? Cause I state the obvious. Factor team s big time late with M2. Is that a lie? They don't even bother coming to this thread and talking to people. Is that a lie? When was the last Factom post? In one of their last posts they ve stated they don't give a shit about Factom price and they won't bother informing us here cause they re focused on other stuff. Is that a lie? Do I need to quote that post? So what lies have I stated here?

I ve seen so many good projects over the years with so many Bitcointalk threads populated with groupies and cheerleaders like you which have crashed and burned. NOT saying this is going to happen to Factom, I m sure this team s smart and capable to deliver. However, this does not mean I m not going to explore and expose everything I do not like about this project.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:54:31 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2016, 11:30:43 PM by tempus

Name one lie I have stated here. Pls, just one.    

You constantly claim the Factom team wouldn't care about their Investors. As if they wouldn't update us, as if it would be a mystery how to get in contact with them if needed.

You try to give the impression, they just would've "used" their ICO-Investors. And you poor guy feel used (you said that, without even being an ICO-Investor which gives an extra-entertainment-point Cheesy )

More important: You spread desinfo like there would be "another way" to purchase Entry Credits, without a demand for Factoids, which is bullshit. EVERY TIME Entry Credits are purchased, Factoids are converted into Entry Credits and "burned"!

I have offered nothing but my opinion here. Your problem is that you simply cannot accept somebody thinks different then you do. Why is this so hard?
I don't care about your opinion. But you spread desinfo here. And I see you as dishonest because it's kind of weird to complain about a delay regarding M2 but at the same time you praise Ethereum while they obviously released not just a flawed DAO-project but have to face very serious problems with the whole platform - Ethereum --> Solidity flaws. Plus: Everybody who bought into DAO is in a huge loss now. Plus: All DAO-ETH will reach the market in another way it was planned. ;-)  But yeah, complaining about Factom and Ethereum is the real deal. That is nothing but a joke.

I accept you have different opinion then I do, very, very pink and I d even dare to say not based on fact but your own interpretation of facts but I still don't have a problem accepting your opinion. On the other hand, you call my opinion whining. Why?

Because of your constant and superficial complaints about M2. But especially because you felt used as an Investor ("Still, doesn't change the fact I felt used." #3008) - I still get tears in my eyes reading this.

Cause I state the obvious. Factor team s big time late with M2. Is that a lie?
No, it's not a lie. But it's a lie to claim they would've made a promise. And being late in software development... that's totally unusually in your opinion? I often said: If they would make vacation, tweeting beach-pics instead of working, you maybe could have a point. But it's obvious that they are working their ass off on multiple fronts. And it's obvious that there is progress on multiple fronts. It's visible in the github, it's obvious because of the partnerships, it's obvious that they are doing a lot of marketing and so on. But yeah, they don't do marketing for guys like us. They do it to get customers for the system instead of hyping Factoids to the moon. Could they do that? Of course they could. They wouldn't need more than maybe 60 minutes to trigger a buy-panic. But they are professionals, not Shitclonecoin-Developer who want to dump their shit.

They don't even bother coming to this thread and talking to people. Is that a lie? When was the last Factom post? In one of their last posts they ve stated they don't give a shit about Factom price and they won't bother informing us here cause they re focused on other stuff. Is that a lie? Do I need to quote that post? So what lies have I stated here?
Man, it's not just about Bitcointalk. There is also reddit, and just for example: Here are posts of Paul Snow about Factom of the last days:

https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/4p9xm2/segwit_and_factom/d4jb493
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4ooxnr/dept_of_homeland_security_awards_200k_to_factom/d4fjv3v
(....and so on, there are more....)

The same is true for Brian Deery. They are also active in other platforms, plus twitter etc.  

And yes, they don't write here often. But why should they? To hold our hands or tell us fairytales? They give constant updates and that's enough. They are not responsible for the market dynamics. They are not responsible for short-term-price-changes. They are not responsible for guys who buy high, feeling used without any rational reason (what have you done for Factom?) and complaining constantly. You want them to work because you want profit, while you do.... what exactly?

I ve seen so many good projects over the years with so many Bitcointalk threads populated with groupies and cheerleaders like you which have crashed and burned. NOT saying this is going to happen to Factom, I m sure this team s smart and capable to deliver. However, this does not mean I m not going to explore and expose everything I do not like about this project.

You can say whatever you want to. But if you spread desinfo I will say what I have to say. In your eyes that may be cheerleading or whatever. I don't care because at least I give infos.

And just by the way: While you call all and everything a "fact", I very often say "in my opinion" or "out of my view" or "I believe" or "I think" to make clear what is objective information and what is just my personal opinion.  
Blazin8888

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:55:06 PM

Price has been nice and stable. BTC should fall further in the coming weeks. I expect FCT to continue to do well...I have been watching the charts close. Looks very healthy. M2 is on the horizon I can feel it.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:59:18 PM

Price has been nice and stable. BTC should fall further in the coming weeks. I expect FCT to continue to do well...I have been watching the charts close. Looks very healthy. M2 is on the horizon I can feel it.

With a little luck Bitcoin will stabilize in the current range and stay there for a while. That would be a good base for FCT to rise - for others as well of course. But, I expect Bitcoin to be very volatile over the next time.
Blazin8888

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 11:29:19 PM

Not sure if anyone else realizes the fact that almost the entire market is down trending but FACTOM is trending up over the past week or so. Looking very healthy.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 11:30:51 PM

one point u miss is
they sold only half of the FCT and half of them they own as company

this alone tell me they will care about price

they just dont care now because they know its maybe years away of cash out slowly phase

but they will care trust me

but also this means FCT is now just a pump and dump coin for traders
or buy and dont care for years coin for investors

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: