Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:20:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115842 times)
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 05:31:47 AM

Top 20 s not good. Top 3 s good, max. The rest is just copy of a copy. This market s not large enough for so many crypto.

Ethereum did not launch at top 3 so by your logic you're shilling a copycat which we both know that Ethereum is not.

Ethereum is roughly 1/10th of Bitcoins market cap now. That doesn't mean 1,784,670~ Bitcoins could be converted from ETH. Add fiat conversions to a currency into the equation and you realize that something doesn't need to follow the constraints of crypto total mcaps you see at first glance to become highly valued. There can be fiat influx and investors holding on to their coins causing the supply trading to be less than the total supply.

Consider you want to use a lot of entry credits in the future and you believe that the current price is low. Then your best course of action would be to buy Factoids now with no intention of selling or trading them and wait a bit for the price to increase to use them.

And you talk a lot about "pump" and "dump" but be reminded by two things: ETH pumps and dumps a lot. And for a crypto that succeeds it's not going to stay under a hundred million market cap so a "pump" is inevitable if success is achieved. Crypto is just a dot in the universe of finance.

Pls do not make me laugh. Comparing Ether to Fct in any field is simply not adequate. Eth s in front of Fct in almost everything and as the time passes I really do not see a niche where Fct can deliver and Eth cannot. I understand people think there joice is the best simply cause they hold some coin. Well, it aint. Look at the price of Eth compared to FCT, having in mind Eth s got huge numbers, Dao disaster and constant inflow new coins on daily basis. Yet, it s not Eth which dropped 20 percent in one day.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 06:09:54 AM

Top 20 s not good. Top 3 s good, max. The rest is just copy of a copy. This market s not large enough for so many crypto.

Ethereum did not launch at top 3 so by your logic you're shilling a copycat which we both know that Ethereum is not.

Ethereum is roughly 1/10th of Bitcoins market cap now. That doesn't mean 1,784,670~ Bitcoins could be converted from ETH. Add fiat conversions to a currency into the equation and you realize that something doesn't need to follow the constraints of crypto total mcaps you see at first glance to become highly valued. There can be fiat influx and investors holding on to their coins causing the supply trading to be less than the total supply.

Consider you want to use a lot of entry credits in the future and you believe that the current price is low. Then your best course of action would be to buy Factoids now with no intention of selling or trading them and wait a bit for the price to increase to use them.

And you talk a lot about "pump" and "dump" but be reminded by two things: ETH pumps and dumps a lot. And for a crypto that succeeds it's not going to stay under a hundred million market cap so a "pump" is inevitable if success is achieved. Crypto is just a dot in the universe of finance.

Pls do not make me laugh. Comparing Ether to Fct in any field is simply not adequate. Eth s in front of Fct in almost everything and as the time passes I really do not see a niche where Fct can deliver and Eth cannot. I understand people think there joice is the best simply cause they hold some coin. Well, it aint. Look at the price of Eth compared to FCT, having in mind Eth s got huge numbers, Dao disaster and constant inflow new coins on daily basis. Yet, it s not Eth which dropped 20 percent in one day.

And again your estimation is just about the price. Or could you say where exactly Ethereum is "in front"? Smart contracts? Yes. Factom is not in the smart contract business. But do you really believe anybody would use Ethereum seriously with such security-flaws? Do you believe the Ethereum-Blockchain would be a good decision to record data into it?

I'll give you some infos about Ethereum. And if the majority of ppl would read it, the price would crash:

Ethereum itself seems to be flawed according to the latest developments on the DAO Hack.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ethereum-solidity-flaw-dao/

Ethereum is Doomed
http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/ethereum-is-doomed/?fb_ref=Default

DAO Debacle Escalates: Attacker Counter-Attacks Ethereum Developers
http://www.coindesk.com/dao-counter-attack-ethereum/

And just by the way: The debacle was predicted!

Just one article about it - May 18:

Ethereum Contracts Are Going To Be Candy For Hackers
http://vessenes.com/ethereum-contracts-are-going-to-be-candy-for-hackers/

Your problem seems to be: You sold your Factoids to buy Ethereum right before it's DAO-disaster and now you're scared that Ethereum could go down while it's just a matter of time that Factom will have more good news. And: What you see at the Ethereum-chart now is most likely a bull-trap and it's already going back down. In combination with a rising BTC it most likely will find new lows. And, we shouldn't forget the DAO-Ether that will reach the market. Plus: DAO, the biggest Ethereum-related-project is done. Slock.it has also lost a lot in this debacle - money but especially trust.

So, good luck with your decision!
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 06:21:06 AM

Pls do not make me laugh. Comparing Ether to BTC in any field is simply not adequate. Eth s in front of BTC in almost everything and as the time passes I really do not see a niche where BTC can deliver and Eth cannot. I understand people think there joice is the best simply cause they hold some coin. Well, it aint. Look at the price of Eth compared to BTC, having in mind Eth s got huge numbers, Dao disaster and constant inflow new coins on daily basis. Yet, it s not BTC which dropped 20 percent in one day.

twitter.com/erikledgers
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:28:16 AM

Pls do not make me laugh. Comparing Ether to BTC in any field is simply not adequate. Eth s in front of BTC in almost everything and as the time passes I really do not see a niche where BTC can deliver and Eth cannot. I understand people think there joice is the best simply cause they hold some coin. Well, it aint. Look at the price of Eth compared to BTC, having in mind Eth s got huge numbers, Dao disaster and constant inflow new coins on daily basis. Yet, it s not BTC which dropped 20 percent in one day.

?

You have quoted my post. What is your comment?

crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:36:33 AM

And again your estimation is just about the price. Or could you say where exactly Ethereum is "in front"? Smart contracts? Yes. Factom is not in the smart contract business. But do you really believe anybody would use Ethereum seriously with such security-flaws? Do you believe the Ethereum-Blockchain would be a good decision to record data into it?

I'll give you some infos about Ethereum. And if the majority of ppl would read it, the price would crash:

Ethereum itself seems to be flawed according to the latest developments on the DAO Hack.

Ethereum is Doomed

Your problem seems to be: You sold your Factoids to buy Ethereum right before it's DAO-disaster and now you're scared that Ethereum could go down while it's just a matter of time that Factom will have more good news. And: What you see at the Ethereum-chart now is most likely a bull-trap and it's already going back down. In combination with a rising BTC it most likely will find new lows. And, we shouldn't forget the DAO-Ether that will reach the market. Plus: DAO, the biggest Ethereum-related-project is done. Slock.it has also lost a lot in this debacle - money but especially trust.

I have sold FCT before DAO disaster but have purchased Ether after the disaster at price lower 40% then it is now. So I actually made money on this, due to fortunate chain of events for me. However, this is not the point. The point is ETH market cap, which is significantly larger compared to FT. This means the MARKET has established the level between these two coins. All this considering DAO disaster and constant inflow of new coins. The market is not you or I, the market is the instrument which assesses the value. I still do not think FCT is a bad coins, on the contrary, but I do think the teams has been failing to deliver. After all, still waiting M2. Do you know when will it be deliver? Do you know a target month? A target quarter? Anything? Is this the level of transparency you would expect?

Before you start talking about privacy and startups, they have openly published everything there is about M2, what should it bring, how should it work, etc. So, no privacy there.

Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:59:25 AM

?

You have quoted my post. What is your comment?

?

twitter.com/erikledgers
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 04:42:22 PM

Ethereum is Doomed

I have sold FCT before DAO disaster but have purchased Ether after the disaster at price lower 40% then it is now. So I actually made money on this, due to fortunate chain of events for me.  

I know what I believe. ;-) But yes, I agree that it's not the point.

However, this is not the point. The point is ETH market cap, which is significantly larger compared to FT. This means the MARKET has established the level between these two coins.

1. This means before all: Ethereum is much more expensive and the one and only question is: Is it worth the high price?
2. What you call "the market" is highly manipulated. Not just for Ethereum of course, but no project is so massive manipulated like Ethereum. It's a bot-party and it's visible that it would be down much more if it wouldn't be backed. That's what they do: They play with huge money and what they want to do with DAO is under the line (if they really do it) like a bailout. Something like that can hardly work for longterm. If I'm right with my thoughts, Ethereum will have a very hard way and that will have effect on it's price. A hype could help, if Bitcoin goes through the roof it will also have effect on Ethereum and it could rise even more after Bitcoin comes back down. But the same is even more true for Factom, which looks solid in comparison while Ethereum seems to be an Illusion of value.

All this considering DAO disaster and constant inflow of new coins. The market is not you or I, the market is the instrument which assesses the value.

Yes, kind of true. But it's never about the present, it's always about anticipating the future. And value is never objective, it's always just the result of many many influences including a lot of irrationality and also manipulation. That said: If I ask myself which project has more potential, it's Factom.

I still do not think FCT is a bad coins, on the contrary, but I do think the teams has been failing to deliver. After all, still waiting M2. Do you know when will it be deliver? Do you know a target month? A target quarter? Anything? Is this the level of transparency you would expect?
They often said that they are in testing, that they can't give an exact date, it's obvious that they are working on it in the github. I have no doubt that it will come. So, what the hell is really your concern about it? That's what I call superficial! You complain about the delay, but you don't say what it means for you. So please, answer just one time what you believe what the delay stands for in your opinion! Do you believe they don't work enough? Do you believe they are not able to deliver, not skilled enough? Or could it be possible that they just are super-perfectionists who do all to avoid to release something that is not rock-stable?

And how can you seriously complain about a delay but say nothing about the flaws in Ethereum? All you say is: "The market...". The price for ETH is very high, so it must be a good project. What do you think will Ethereum do with it's solidity-flaws? What do you think will they do regarding DAO? What will happen to the price when the DAO-ETH will flow back into the market.

Just btw: The high price for Ethereum is also a result that so much Ether was locked into DAO. That removed a lot of supply from the market and the price increased. But the DAO-Ether will come back! So, what do you think will happen with Ethereum and it's price? Do you believe it's ready for the business-world? Do you believe a company would use it?

Before you start talking about privacy and startups, they have openly published everything there is about M2, what should it bring, how should it work, etc. So, no privacy there.
Not sure what exactly you want to say with that. It's not about privacy, it's about developing quality. And I don't think that there is a lack of transparency. They won't give a date because most likely they can't.

What I believe is very simple: It's harder to do than expected. Most likely they try out a lot to find the best possible way to do it. They think in years and more. They want to establish a project that includes a company. They want to stay for decades. And the base for all of their plans is the Factom-system. If I would be the "Boss of Factom" I couldn't help much, but I would write on every wall: Perfectionism. No release ever before it's as perfect as it can be.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 06:26:43 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2016, 06:52:40 PM by cryptonit

i think to be not involved in any desaster and code weakness
u could call in front in area secure code

u can say they not even at M2

maybe we not at M2 because stable secure code here have priority one

i would prefer a late but secure and stable release always against a in time release with serious bugs

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:59:22 AM

i think to be not involved in any desaster and code weakness
u could call in front in area secure code

u can say they not even at M2

maybe we not at M2 because stable secure code here have priority one

i would prefer a late but secure and stable release always against a in time release with serious bugs

I would prefer having a BJ from Adriana Lima but I think my chances re slim.

In crypto, as in everything, time s money, they need to deliver a finalized bug free product, no doubt about that. However, delivering it now and 6 months from now is not the same thing. I see people constaly saying there s visible github progress. I agree there is. However, can anyone confirm how far are they from M2?

flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 12:51:08 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2016, 01:20:20 PM by flashbit

Factom For Investors #8 - Updated Factom Valuation & Price Prediction - By Tai Zen & Leon Fu

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=krEp45KWLlA

Prediction 700k-900k Satoshis by end of year or $4-$5 USD / 40M Marketcap - based on technicals and fundamentals.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:26:17 PM

Microsoft are about to buy Factom.  I can feel it in my bones.
flashbit

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:43:49 PM

It looks like this is just the start the DHS deal. Some huge opportunities coming for additional contract awards related. Great work Factom team!

https://www.fbo.gov/utils/view?id=aa4b95e7c268b0baf27e5122c9329542

https://www.fbo.gov/spg/DHS/OCPO/DHS-OCPO/HSHQDC-16-R-00035/listing.html

Big things to come!
flashbit

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:45:57 PM

buying more #FCT #FACTOM at these rock bottom prices, massive potential return vs risk if it retraces back up!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ActualAdviceBTC/status/746228513015898113
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:31:10 PM

Still watching and waiting. See lots of positive development. No market response. For now.

_nur

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:30:25 PM

what wallet to use?
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:38:02 PM

what wallet to use?

Poloniex.
flashbit

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 06:16:16 PM

Good sign from Deery!

compile new wallet and cli

*     Compiling fctwallet, the cli, and factomd

https://github.com/FactomProject/factomd/commit/b734b38c74a0a33c98e03aefdbe6bf663f3f51fd

Kartaba

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 08:47:10 PM

I missed the whole DHS S&T Awards of 199k dollars. Awesome guys, really awesome
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 10:34:00 AM

Factom goes up? Or just a short term pump?

Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 01:33:20 PM

Check my blog to know more about Factom price and predictions:

http://armafex.blogspot.lt/#

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: