Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:56:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339392 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:05:43 PM

So free markets aren't working, anarchy isn't working, regulation won't work, etc.  What are we going to actually do about it?

Well made and interesting point. But I think that genuine diversity goes a long way to addressing corruption.

As long as there's always an alternative it's difficult to completely take control of any asset, no matter how powerful you are. That's what's potentially liberating about crypto - there's just so many damn alternatives and if one goes down in flames there's another 10 where it came from.

Adoption is another thing that inhibits corruptions. One of the reasons that scammers have so much effect on the price right now is that these markets are tiny/ As they grow the scams will still be there but won't be felt to the same extent by regular holders.

My final (rhetorical) question:  If cryptocurrencies don't change a majority (or even minority) of the downsides to fiat and traditional financial instrments... why are we here then?

I'll offer an answer I gave on another thread...

Bitcoin is a monetary base......I'm in Bitcoin because of one thing and one thing only - an atrophying financial system that's on life support until something better comes along.

ShillAccount

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:14:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiDYcYsNFNg

Everybody knows the dice are loaded!

Wink

Says the most irrelevant piece of shit on this forum.

Bob/Robert - nobody cares about you anymore.  Your little group of pussies is done for.  You're just too fucking naive to get it.

X marks the spot.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:16:00 PM

They sing the same words no matter the tune for they know nothing else. Just gotta laugh and feel sorry for them...

That isn't my observation.

As far as I can see the dzimbeck account has been fairly consistent throughout this whole debate in arguing for technical priorities over political or marketing ones. There isn't anything "laughable" about that.

As for the accusations about him not "piping up" earlier about the scam - see my 3 posts back.
digicidal

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:28:10 PM

Bitcoin is a monetary base......I'm in Bitcoin because of one thing and one thing only - an atrophying financial system that's on life support until something better comes along.

While I agree with you philosophically, it's pretty hard to look at the 2014 BTC chart and not say the exact same thing about it at this point. 

Don't get me wrong - the "print more/borrow more" attitudes of the major economies are definitely a losing proposition... but unless you mined/bought BTC more than a year ago (or traded alts with reasonable success) - you'd have been better off just staying in cash.  3-4% inflation (or more accurately value-depreciation) seems like a screaming deal when compared to a 60% loss of value in a single year.  Embarrassed

And BTC is one of the very best as far as coins that have survived a year or more... the rest are really scary.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 06:53:07 PM

They sing the same words no matter the tune for they know nothing else. Just gotta laugh and feel sorry for them...

That isn't my observation.

As far as I can see the dzimbeck account has been fairly consistent throughout this whole debate in arguing for technical priorities over political or marketing ones. There isn't anything "laughable" about that.

As for the accusations about him not "piping up" earlier about the scam - see my 3 posts back.

I wasn't speaking about Dave...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:02:11 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2014, 07:33:18 PM by toknormal

- you'd have been better off just staying in cash.  3-4% inflation (or more accurately value-depreciation) seems like a screaming deal when compared to a 60% loss of value in a single year.  :-

Remember that in this context there are 2 definitions for the word "value":

[1] - a fundamental value judgement that an investor makes based on the integrity of the asset

[2] - a day trading value in a specific market against a specific currency pair

Your last remark implicitly alludes to the second of these two definitions. You're talking about the BTC / USD market in particular - not Bitcoin 'value' in general.

Meanwhile, the USD "coin supply" has inflated by a huge amount, Bitcoin infrastructure has grown, adoption has grown, accessability has grown and regulation has moved forwards.

So the USD/BTC market price does not necessarily reflect "value". It is a price in a particular market - nothing more. You could have chosen a more realistic market such as BTC vs Gold over the last 2 years. Or even have a look at BTC / RUB over the last month. You'll get a completely different picture.

The doller-centric view of the universe gives a highly distorted sense of "value" about anything right now, apart from being irrelevant to most of the world's population (particularly if you happen to live on the 'wrong' side of the Ural mountains).

We need to bear those things in mind when talking about "value".
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:45:22 PM

Fair enough. Apologies if I mis-interpreted your remarks.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 08:39:46 PM

Fair enough. Apologies if I mis-interpreted your remarks.

Accepted, no problem. It was aimed at the rest of the trained chimps...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:13:14 PM

Did you know that when BC started someone held about 75% of it? (blackhandgroup)

Don't make shit up and present it as facts.

lmao, dude ask Josh from blackcoin foundation, ask Jabulon ask anyone who was there in the early days. I didnt even think it was true until i heard it confirmed a couple months ago. But it simple is true. Blackhandgroup had more than 50% of BC in the early days.

Weak argument. Prove it or stfu. You're already backtracking and changing it from 75% to 50%.

I'm a BC supporter and have been defending you even though I'm not involved in Bitbay... and now I read you passing off bullshit about BC as facts. As someone who has had people doing that to YOU a LOT recently, (passing off bullshit as facts) you should be more careful what you say.

No proof = no facts.

If you want a hard number on that go ask Josh or other BC members. I know it was more than 50%, I'm pretty sure it was like up to 75%. Its old news, i dont care about it I was simply making an analogy. In a sense though, you are correct, and it is currently irrelevant. Regardless, it did happen and everyone in BC knows about it.

So still no proof. Maybe you are just a gullible idiot after all.
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:14:08 PM

Let's crank this mother up to 11

Dug through Jose's profile (or should I say Barabbas?)

Found this little interesting tid-bit from June (I've screenshotted it for posterity)

Now I know what you are thinking-- "So what, who cares? How is this relevant?"

Well a simple Google search of the zippercoin address reveals something even a little more interesting.

Whooooaaaaa is that our friend Barabbas? Can it be?

Scary, I know.

Seems like an out of work actor-- check out his wonderfully put together website (isn't the internet an amazing place?)

http://www.josedevega.com/

I wondered why Barrabas has been so quiet today.
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:26:17 PM

Found this little interesting tid-bit from June (I've screenshotted it for posterity)

Well a simple Google search of the zippercoin address reveals something even a little more interesting.

Scary, I know.

Seems like an out of work actor-- check out his wonderfully put together website (isn't the internet an amazing place?)

He's down with the gout!
soupmoney

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 12:30:08 AM

Haven't checked on this shot in the dark in a few weeks... really wish I had.
Now I can't get my qt wallet to open, getting error message :

Assertion failed!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\BitBay\bitbay-qt.exe
File: ..\bitbay\src\kernal.cpp
Line: 462

Expression: pindex-> pprev || pindex-> GetBlockHash ()==(!fTestNet ? hashGenesisBlock : hashGenesisBlockTestNet)

Any ideas to get it running again so I can save what I have left in this Scamcoin?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
doogsan

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:37:58 AM

Scary, I know.

He's down with the gout!

Jose, Jose, Jose.... where are you today?
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:51:12 AM

Scary, I know.

He's down with the gout!

Jose, Jose, Jose.... where are you today?
On his site in his bio he says he made and then lost almost a million dollars... I wonder if this is his obsession with bobsurplus & his cronies.  Yea I lost money due to bob only about 2.5 btc but I'm not mad at bob I'm mad at me. I fell for the scam, even seeing all the warning signs & alarms going off. He'll people were comin to the thread and spelling it out, but their message got lost in a mindless rant and I blew it off as fud. I seen the up potential in bay and for me outweighed the risk. You live and learn. I definitely won't spend the rest of my life stalking him like some do, I have better shit to do and a life. But hey darkcoin has never let's me down. No matter what I lose on other alts at the end of the day darkcoin is still ticking along. I thought bay was going to be my next love as it could have been.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 02:33:47 AM

Once upon a time there was a guy named Bob ...

The End.

P.S. Who dumped XST on you guys was pookielax31 aka Mr. Boh and coolstoryteller aka TrollsRoyce from shadowcoin community.
Soon after dumping they sent your puppy trained LandofShortdick start the fud against stealthcoin.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 04:49:50 AM

I am in shock. And Awe. All the while I thought I was Michael Jackson this week and now this. ... which doesn't seem to serve the purposes of the usual suspects. They liked much better pretending I was IE, or a Bobsurplus shill. Or Bob himself. Or anything else they could use to try to kill the message by killing the messenger... but Jose de Vega? Somehow I believe this will be short lived. We'll see...

Meanwhile, the crooks remain the exact same. And will be hunted down by moi, as usual.

The croonies too.

By the way, to the various hawking here that were in absolute denial about my expose on BC for months, have you read the acknowledgements by Zimber the Turd that are supported by Josh-Gritt? What was that you were saying? Where is The Doge now? morituri13? Soepkip's still around but he was just the patsy and for that given a few crumbs as detailed in THE WALL OF SHAME an other threads. Is it "clean" the current BC? I don't know or care. Much like BAY, if a scam is given to you in full detail and you still want to be involved, you deserve anything you get in my book.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 04:52:08 AM

Once upon a time there was a guy named Bob ...

The End.

P.S. Who dumped XST on you guys was pookielax31 aka Mr. Boh and coolstoryteller aka TrollsRoyce from shadowcoin community.
Soon after dumping they sent your puppy trained LandofShortdick start the fud against stealthcoin.

I don't know emilio, but your credibility is so poor that anything you say can be taking as a total lack of knowledge and be close to the real thing by default, so by know everyone knows that anything you say is 99% probably false.

Maybe this is the 1% in which you get a clue though... worth considering.
LOLATYOU247

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 05:37:49 AM

I am in shock. And Awe. All the while I thought I was Michael Jackson this week and now this. ... which doesn't seem to serve the purposes of the usual suspects. They liked much better pretending I was IE, or a Bobsurplus shill. Or Bob himself. Or anything else they could use to try to kill the message by killing the messenger... but Jose de Vega? Somehow I believe this will be short lived. We'll see...

Meanwhile, the crooks remain the exact same. And will be hunted down by moi, as usual.

The croonies too.

By the way, to the various hawking here that were in absolute denial about my expose on BC for months, have you read the acknowledgements by Zimber the Turd that are supported by Josh-Gritt? What was that you were saying? Where is The Doge now? morituri13? Soepkip's still around but he was just the patsy and for that given a few crumbs as detailed in THE WALL OF SHAME an other threads. Is it "clean" the current BC? I don't know or care. Much like BAY, if a scam is given to you in full detail and you still want to be involved, you deserve anything you get in my book.

Cool story grandpa Jose.

BARABBAS AKA JOSE DE VEGA KNOWN SCAMMER AND CRYPTO-SHILL

JOSE "BARABBAS" DE VEGA - MEXICAN OUT OF WORK ACTOR AND KNOWN CRIMINAL/FRAUDSTER

He has acted numerous times to defraud investors, he has been paid for his actions. He knows he can not hide, can not run now. He has always been extremely protective of his identity and has refused to provide identity on more than 100 occasions. His identity is now exposed, and I suggest you do not let him forget it, wherever his CRIMINAL actions continue, wherever he goes to DEFRAUD more investors.

JOSE DE VEGA IS A THIEF, A LIAR, AND A SHILL. Please do not let him forget it.
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:28:34 AM

The croonies too.

Lol. Dude you've been busted. He has he same coin address as you old man. That alone is conclusive evidence.

What a coincidence he's also tweeted about Bytecent, the same time you've kept harping on about it. Oh another coincidence, you're fluent in spanish - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494122.msg5846814#msg5846814 just like our pal Jose de vega. And the list goes on.

All your trolling is now linked to your real life identity - congratulations  Kiss
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:47:54 AM

Here's my suggestions: Stay away for BAY, it was and still is a scam.

Second one: Be very, very careful with BC. It was a HUGE scam and some of the players in that scam still remain. Were they innocent in the first one? I don't believe so but that's up for you to decide. Why would you bother with a project going nowhere? Beats me.

Another project going nowhere? Bytecent. Another one? Nautilus. Another one -this one with insiders selling millions in the background-? PINK. Yet another one? SEED.

More to come.

Feel free to dig your own tomb if you choose to ignore the warnings though, it's your funeral.

Oh and assign me whatever identity better fits your agenda. Personally I have a weakness for Batman but, as you like.
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: