Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:53:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GDGC] GadgetCoin | IoT | M2M |Smart Contracts on Hardware  (Read 88479 times)
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:26:08 PM

cool! nice to hear the devs are making progress!
IOTA is a very strong competitor. there are Iota articles everywhere. Their marketing is very strong. how can we improve the marketing of gadgetnet?

The GadgetCoin guys can't compete with that hype and exposure. Those guys at IOTA are in a different league terms of marketing and community support and in attracting investment. The whole NXT and Supernet community is routing for them and they have a huge support. Though the start, intermediate and end part of the story will be precisely the same as the NXT and Jinn story have been. The majority of the coin will be purchased by the usual suspects, then P&D, then some happiness and then lots of tears and disappointments. Edward above should know the story and what's happening there ... he should know a lot about CfB ... I was wondering what was the sudden curiosity above about that presentation, but never mind.

I suggest again, the GDGC devs go away from this place to Slack and keep continue talking to real businesses, angel investors and VCs instead of hoping they can gain community support here. They won't be able to beat IOTA and CfB here, on their own playground.

I can't help but feel sorry for your kind of mentality. Why the animosity? We are developing IOTA precisely because we saw the need for it in IoT, especially for Jinn, which contrary to your false delusions is in full and healthy development by electrical engineers and PhDs. NXT and SuperNET only make up a sliver of our support, our support comes from the interest in the technology we are making, not just our past affiliations. And as for your childish 'ends in tears' comment: everyone that bought JINN tokens with NXT had a 5x ROI in NXT within just a few months, so tears of joy in any event.

Also, Slack is not our 'playground' as you so maturely put it, we have been in active dialogue with several leading players in what you call 'real business' for months, we are kickstarting the IOTA economy in a decentralized and organic manner, as that is required for the IoT economy to stay secure and interoperable between businesses and technologies, but our focus is W3C/standardization, established companies and start-ups.

It's pretty sad that instead of reaching out and seeing if there is some overlap for collaboration, you feel the constant need to air your insecurities by spreading vacuous rumours and postulating falsehoods. I suggest that you find something productive to do with your life...

If any core GadgetCoin devs are interested in having real productive and mature discussions of potential overlap, feel free to PM me, IOTA is all about inclusion and growing the IoT ecosystem.

There isn't any animosity between the projects. Sometimes supporters will try to bash anything they see as a competitor, and that is pretty normal for this forum so definitely don't take it as hate from the Gadgetnet project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
loveyouforever

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:19:14 AM

IOTA is a very strong competitor. there are Iota articles everywhere. Their marketing is very strong. how can we improve the marketing of gadgetnet?

The GadgetCoin guys can't compete with that hype and exposure. Those guys at IOTA are in a different league terms of marketing and community support and in attracting investment. The whole NXT and Supernet community is routing for them and they have a huge support. Though the start, intermediate and end part of the story will be precisely the same as the NXT and Jinn story have been. The majority of the coin will be purchased by the usual suspects, then P&D, then some happiness and then lots of tears and disappointments. Edward above should know the story and what's happening there ... he should know a lot about CfB ... I was wondering what was the sudden curiosity above about that presentation, but never mind.

I suggest again, the GDGC devs go away from this place to Slack and keep continue talking to real businesses, angel investors and VCs instead of hoping they can gain community support here. They won't be able to beat IOTA and CfB here, on their own playground.

I can't help but feel sorry for your kind of mentality. Why the animosity? We are developing IOTA precisely because we saw the need for it in IoT, especially for Jinn, which contrary to your false delusions is in full and healthy development by electrical engineers and PhDs. NXT and SuperNET only make up a sliver of our support, our support comes from the interest in the technology we are making, not just our past affiliations. And as for your childish 'ends in tears' comment: everyone that bought JINN tokens with NXT had a 5x ROI in NXT within just a few months, so tears of joy in any event.

Also, Slack is not our 'playground' as you so maturely put it, we have been in active dialogue with several leading players in what you call 'real business' for months, we are kickstarting the IOTA economy in a decentralized and organic manner, as that is required for the IoT economy to stay secure and interoperable between businesses and technologies, but our focus is W3C/standardization, established companies and start-ups.

It's pretty sad that instead of reaching out and seeing if there is some overlap for collaboration, you feel the constant need to air your insecurities by spreading vacuous rumours and postulating falsehoods. I suggest that you find something productive to do with your life...

If any core GadgetCoin devs are interested in having real productive and mature discussions of potential overlap, feel free to PM me, IOTA is all about inclusion and growing the IoT ecosystem.

There isn't any animosity between the projects. Sometimes supporters will try to bash anything they see as a competitor, and that is pretty normal for this forum so definitely don't take it as hate from the Gadgetnet project.

Can't agree any more, there are many projects on IoT, IOTA and GadgetCoin are only two of them. If there is competition, it should be on the deliverable. Which is able to deliver a good IOT solution first, which will be grab more market share,and which will get more support from community, whoever are from NXT or Gadget.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:12:37 AM

No bashing nor animosity from my part. This cunt kicked me out from his moderated thread when I pointed out his non-existent experience in Internet of Things, and then he comes to this unmoderated thread to spread his bollocks and fantasies about real world businesses.

At least the wanker follows this thread and understands why our DEVs are focusing on standardization and collaboration with W3C.

chocobo

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:19:27 AM

No bashing nor animosity from my part. This cunt kicked me out from his moderated thread when I pointed out his non-existent experience in Internet of Things, and then he comes to this unmoderated thread to spread his bollocks and fantasies about real world businesses.

At least the wanker follows this thread and understands why our DEVs are focusing on standardization and collaboration with W3C.

Just ignore each other. We don't need fighting in this thread, it's no different than having a troll run rampant. There is no point in putting these projects against each other.
tzpardi

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:45:52 AM

our focus is W3C/standardization

Hello

I am one of the GadgetNet/GadgetCoin developers. Also, I am a W3C member and one of the maintainer of the W3C web-of-things framework at https://github.com/w3c/web-of-things-framework. It would be fantastic to work together on standardization and in improving the web-of-things framework!
The standardization is a very long, difficult and time consuming process. We have just started it and as you can see at https://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=75874&public=1 we work with the world largest businesses to define the standards, and I am sure your team could help us to move the process forward. We could also work together on that project. I will be happy to set up a conference call to discuss the details.

I am also organising the Hereford (UK) Bitcoin Meetup at http://www.meetup.com/Hereford-Bitcoin-Meetup/. It would be great the meet the IOTA developers and supporters there. Please come to our next meeting if you can!
altcoinUK

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:47:03 PM

our focus is W3C/standardization

Hello

I am one of the GadgetNet/GadgetCoin developers. Also, I am a W3C member and one of the maintainer of the W3C web-of-things framework at https://github.com/w3c/web-of-things-framework. It would be fantastic to work together on standardization and in improving the web-of-things framework!
The standardization is a very long, difficult and time consuming process. We have just started it and as you can see at https://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=75874&public=1 we work with the world largest businesses to define the standards, and I am sure your team could help us to move the process forward. We could also work together on that project. I will be happy to set up a conference call to discuss the details.

I am also organising the Hereford (UK) Bitcoin Meetup at http://www.meetup.com/Hereford-Bitcoin-Meetup/. It would be great the meet the IOTA developers and supporters there. Please come to our next meeting if you can!

So Tibor, you want those Norwegian and Belarusian wankers contribute to a non-profit open source project which actually provides them with zero opportunity to collect money? Don't hold your breath - that's never going to happen. That pathetic cunt didn't come here to work on a community driven, non-profit open source project that yield no financial benefit to him. He came here to promote his shit.

You are not familiar with this environment so let me explain how their "business model" works.
Those wankers roll out their IPOs/ICOs to collect money from their loyal supporting user base, and then spread their shit via a P&D to some wannabe rich, usually new, but undoubtedly naive users. First it was NXT. And then they ran out of money and it was Jinn. And then the Jinn money is gone and now it is IOTA. The project/coin name is different however the process is very similar: sell some coin/token/tech that is off course will be used by absolutely nobody in the real world (see NXT, Jinn which projects have only one common attribute that their real world usage is absolutely zero), but once the seed capital is collected then the P&D starts by hoping that some new, naive, wannabe rich users will buy the digital excrement.

There is one simple question which wasn't elaborated by the wanker: if there is a 5X ROI for some then who are the fucking bagholders in this wonderful business model? If there was an ROI during the process then - since the coins/assets such as NXT and Jinn are virtually unsaleable any more - someone must hold the bag, isn't it? Now, there are thousands of naive users holding the NXT bag. Likewise, many hold the Jinn bag and now they are in the middle of replicating the process with IOTA by creating 5X-10X ROI for the seed investors ... and of course hundreds of bagholders at the end of the chain. And then the wanker comes here and proudly presents his genius business model that could create 5X ROI ... and of course forget to mention the bagholders of that 5X ROI Jinn and 100 ROI NXT process.

Again, the chance of that those cunts will contribute a line of code to the community driven, absolutely non-profit W3C project is precisely same as the chance of that I will be having a tea tonight with Her Majesty the Queen, which is I am sure you understand petty much close to the absolute zero value. No wonder he didn't even reply to your civil post. He will not help with your open source project. The money collecting is done - wait for the next one in a year time when the IOTA money is gone (except that there are less and less buyers and they need to buy more and more of their own shits during the IPO/ICO).

I strongly suggest stay away from any collaboration, in fact I would be very-very disappointed if you would collaborate with those wankers.
iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:57:12 PM

Thanks tzpardi, will reach out soon. Just busy right now with finalizing IOTA, but will reach out in the coming days. As for this malignant tumor called altcoinUK, so far not one thing he has said is true, I feel for you, every community seem to have these incompetents who spend all day trolling. Looking forward to seeing if there is overlap and potential for collaboration.

altcoinUK

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 08:20:18 PM

Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the DEVs and the community as well! Have a wonderful, peaceful and relaxing time during this holiday!

PS:
Ignore that pathetic IOTA wanker above, he will do what I said, so there is no need more discussion about that boy.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 09:14:55 PM

So Tibor, you want those Norwegian and Belarusian wankers contribute to a non-profit open source project which actually provides them with zero opportunity to collect money? Don't hold your breath - that's never going to happen. That pathetic cunt didn't come here to work on a community driven, non-profit open source project that yield no financial benefit to him. He came here to promote his shit.

Watching this thread, also quoted altcoinUK post so he couldn't delete it.

PS: Those who don't know the full story - altcoinUK missed Nxt sale (and didn't earn money unlike those who bought NXT), then he missed JINN sale and again didn't earn money, I suspect he didn't have bitcoins to buy iotas because of lack of the former (well, speculation on altcoins is a risky business, I don't blame him for poor trading skills). Now he follows me everywhere spreading lies, he became such angry that has fallen to the lowest level of trolling - childish name calling.
chocobo

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 09:43:57 PM

PS: Those who don't know the full story - altcoinUK missed Nxt sale (and didn't earn money unlike those who bought NXT), then he missed JINN sale and again didn't earn money, I suspect he didn't have bitcoins to buy iotas because of lack of the former (well, speculation on altcoins is a risky business, I don't blame him for poor trading skills). Now he follows me everywhere spreading lies, he became such angry that has fallen to the lowest level of trolling - childish name calling.

Welcome to the thread. As I am sure you guys know, unrelated fighting is incredibly annoying an unproductive to a thread. Let this be the last post in this fight. If it isn't I will start a new thread titled altcoinuk vs iotadevs and you can take the gloves off. I have already asked altcoinUK to stop, and now I am asking you guys. Starting a fight in this thread will not lead to the Gadgetnet devs wanting to collaborate.

Thanks guys and congratulations on your success with IOTA.
iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:00:46 PM

Welcome to the thread. As I am sure you guys know, unrelated fighting is incredibly annoying an unproductive to a thread. Let this be the last post in this fight. If it isn't I will start a new thread titled altcoinuk vs iotadevs and you can take the gloves off. I have already asked altcoinUK to stop, and now I am asking you guys. Starting a fight in this thread will not lead to the Gadgetnet devs wanting to collaborate.

Thanks for the congratulation. But I think everyone can see that we're not interested in a fight at all by us barely even addressing his false claims and proceeding to ignore him 100% and only focus on what matters here: potential for collaboration.

tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:47:02 AM

Thanks for the congratulation. But I think everyone can see that we're not interested in a fight at all by us barely even addressing his false claims and proceeding to ignore him 100% and only focus on what matters here: potential for collaboration.

I think most guys hope GadgetNet and IOTA work together, many startup are working on IoT, even large company IBM and Samsung, if there is cooperation between IOTA and GadgetNet, it will be more close to success, what's your opinion, guys.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
albert_mt

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:14:54 AM

I think most guys hope GadgetNet and IOTA work together, many startup are working on IoT, even large company IBM and Samsung, if there is cooperation between IOTA and GadgetNet, it will be more close to success, what's your opinion, guys.

it would be great, but i am not sure why IOTA would share with gadgetnet their success and resources. IMHO the collaboration is highly unlikely. don't forget, the gadgetnet developers have been here for a year, but the IOTA dev only came here in the last day of their IPO. we will see.
albert_mt

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:21:09 AM

I look forward to the new year, i am sure good things will come from gadgetcoin!!!
mtomcdev (OP)

Activity: 310

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:16:12 AM

I look forward to the new year, i am sure good things will come from gadgetcoin!!!

Thank you for your support! We are in the process of releasing the framework/technology and will keep you all updated.
Netzer

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:37:18 PM

Thank you for your support! We are in the process of releasing the framework/technology and will keep you all updated.

Hi

Good to hear you are making progress. What is the story with collaborating with IOTA? Whose idea was that? Is it happening?
tzpardi

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:55:14 PM

Hi

Good to hear you are making progress. What is the story with collaborating with IOTA? Whose idea was that? Is it happening?

iotatoken suggested the collaboration in this thread. I sent my contact details to iotatoken and now I am waiting for more info about how the IOTA developers want to progress.
altcoinUK

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:11:42 PM

Hi

iotatoken suggested the collaboration in this thread. I sent my contact details to iotatoken and now I am waiting for more info about how the IOTA developers want to progress.

I told you so. Of course he didn't have time to discuss that collaboration in the last two weeks. It was clear the collaboration isn't his objective. As I told you, the IOTA boy didn't came here to collaborate. No. He came here because he wanted to promote his own ICO. That's why he started to talk about W3C, IoT standards and all those things which have been the talking points of Gadgetcoin investors for a year. He was desperate to sell his shit and - as most likely he was buying his own ICO - he was hoping a boost by posting here.
As I said those wankers won't contribute to any open source project. Their definition of open source is: give me some money and then I will release some open source software. Without scamming people with some ICO/IPO shit they have never contributed to an open source project and never will.  

I am 99.99% positive that he will never come through with some constructive and real suggestion for collaboration.

You are on your own guys in this scam driven, wild-west crypto world.

Anyway, keep up the good work and waiting for updates about the progress.
albert_mt

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 12:18:37 PM

I haven't received the private forum invitation. was it sent out or not yet?

i had a question from an associate who want to invest, does the system support WEBRTC?

how about the discussion with the iota dev, did it go anywhere.
mtomcdev (OP)

Activity: 310

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:17:15 PM

I haven't received the private forum invitation. was it sent out or not yet?

We will send it tomorrow.

i had a question from an associate who want to invest, does the system support WEBRTC?

Yes, the WEBRTC integration is there. The bulky WEBRTC stack has a very limited role in constrained applications and IoT devices, but we still support it.

how about the discussion with the iota dev, did it go anywhere.

tzpardi replied them and sent two messages, and as far as I know waiting to hear from the IOTA dev. We are here if they want to collaborate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: