Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:47:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 [1634] 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376913 times)
truckinusa

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:28:37 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2015, 02:56:24 AM by truckinusa

Oh, and GAWCEO says he's in Vermont now.

You sure he didn't misspell that? Maybe he meant Fairmont hotel.
http://www.fairmont.com/dubai/
Nope, he says he's in Vermont

https://hashtalk.org/topic/36768/around

https://archive.today/ZSnuy

bitJob                       ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
                ▄▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████
         ████████████████████████████████████████  ██
         ▀██████████████████████████████████████▀  ██
          ▀▀██████████████████████████████████▀▀  ████
                                                 ▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:29:46 AM

I wonder how long it will be until they just ban Josh's Coins?

I should point out that you can render certain addresses useless quite easily with just a few lines of code...

https://github.com/gaodaochu/dicecoin/commit/ca91e22a754ff8723d21a2edc8279c95eb8b08fa

You can do that, but you probably shouldn't. Would you buy a coin that someone can (and has) just take away that simply?

It's possible to fork a coin and rob somebody, but why would anyone "invest" in a coin when it's been proven that it's simple to just take them away?
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:34:26 AM

I should point out that you can render certain addresses useless quite easily with just a few lines of code...

https://github.com/gaodaochu/dicecoin/commit/ca91e22a754ff8723d21a2edc8279c95eb8b08fa

You can do that, but you probably shouldn't. Would you buy a coin that someone can (and has) just take away that simply?

It's possible to fork a coin and rob somebody, but why would anyone "invest" in a coin when it's been proven that it's simple to just take them away?

Why would people invest in a coin that is controlled by a handful of people that can do whatever they damned well please with said coin?

Ask Paycoiners.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:45:13 AM

I believe extenuating circumstances such as Paycoin, where its birth was created within a company that has failed at levels in which any board or investor would have crucified long ago.

A [hard] fork is a fork, and should not be taken lightly. It's not like a fork will happen every day and there is the potential of having multiple people put on the "blacklist". Getting a fork to get integrated smoothly is NOT an easy task. I helped Dogecoin when AUXPoW was done, and let me tell you there are a hell of a lot of more people than you can imagine just on the non-person side to get a hold of to ensure it goes over well.

So perhaps I should tell you to go fork yourself  (a little fork joke Cheesy).

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Paul Revere

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:59:46 AM

I believe extenuating circumstances such as Paycoin, where its birth was created within a company that has failed at levels in which any board or investor would have crucified long ago.

A [hard] fork is a fork, and should not be taken lightly. It's not like a fork will happen every day and there is the potential of having multiple people put on the "blacklist". Getting a fork to get integrated smoothly is NOT an easy task. I helped Dogecoin when AUXPoW was done, and let me tell you there are a hell of a lot of more people than you can imagine just on the non-person side to get a hold of to ensure it goes over well.

So perhaps I should tell you to go fork yourself  (a little fork joke Cheesy).

How exactly would the "bad" addresses and "people" be determined? I for one do not see how it is possible, especially with a clusterfuck like Paycoin where the one thing Josh has been doing with proficiency is mixing millions of coins since day 1. Now there are supposedly millions of coins "stolen" and in the hands of "hackers" . Who exactly decides which coins are to be kept and which eliminated? The people who supposedly did the theft? I have heard repeatedly that you are one of the "best" people in the crypto world, but hearing such complete and utter nonsense about fixing Paycoin come from you makes me think otherwise.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
truckinusa

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:15:12 AM

I think if they had of started fresh with all zencloud account holders getting some sort of bonus they would have had much better support.  Edit:  Oh yeah, and NO JOSH!

▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
TheMage

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:22:43 AM

How exactly would the "bad" addresses and "people" be determined? I for one do not see how it is possible, especially with a clusterfuck like Paycoin where the one thing Josh has been doing with proficiency is mixing millions of coins since day 1. Now there are supposedly millions of coins "stolen" and in the hands of "hackers" . Who exactly decides which coins are to be kept and which eliminated? The people who supposedly did the theft? I have heard repeatedly that you are one of the "best" people in the crypto world, but hearing such complete and utter nonsense about fixing Paycoin come from you makes me think otherwise.

Well thanks for the compliment (I think? lol).

So explain to me because I am apparently ignorant of what a prime controller really is, is it not basically a hyperstaking wallet set to stake well beyond the 5% (100% to 350% at compounding interest)? A wallet with an address attached to it? And there are what, maybe 50 of them in existence (which can be accounted for in the core code)?

This is the assumption I am going off of, I'm not a developer but I certainly understand the fundamentals of mining and networks, PoW and PoS. To me, and again maybe I do not understand the core code of paycoin, but one can use snippets of LukeJr's code to blacklist those prime controllers to "destroy" them. This is just one of a few ways to deal with the situation.

Back to your main concern, there is the blockchain which you have personally and vigorously linked to multiple addresses belonging to GAW/Josh. Also Crypsty has information on those wallets, and with the proper leg work and perhaps persuasion they could release that information of their internal addresses to a blockchain investigator and potentially be backtracked to GAW addresses(depending on how their back end architecture was done). There is also emails which dictate certain addresses belong to GAW/Josh.

There are many ways to get the information, you of all people should know that considering how well you have been following the blockchain. There are also ways to vet the information as well.

If I am wrong, please let me know. I would be curious to know if there are any wrong assumptions here.

EDIT: Whatever is done to try to fix will never be perfect and I understand that, but there are ways to attempt to fix things as best as possible.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
truckinusa

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:30:05 AM

So explain to me because I am apparently ignorant of what a prime controller really is, is it not basically a hyperstaking wallet set to stake well beyond the 5% (100% to 350% at compounding interest)? A wallet with an address attached to it? And there are what, maybe 50 of them in existence (which can be accounted for in the core code)?

I honestly don't think they want to eliminate Josh.  He is their buddy.  He paid them their paycheck right?  Yeah, as of the 20th the Prime controllers pay 100%.  There are 50 of them.   Another curious thing is nobody outside the inner circle owns one of these.  Someone like Volder should easily own one.  It is a bit ridiculous.  They are playing a version of good cop, bad cop.  In a way they are saying Josh is the cause of this, but they are helping him out as well.

▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:31:34 AM

Why would people invest in a coin that is controlled by a handful of people that can do whatever they damned well please with said coin?

Ask Paycoiners.

Either they are idiots, trying to pump it up to protect their investment, or got stuck "investing" in the coin when the other scam they got involved in fell apart. This thing is dead in the water no matter what, it's not really worth discussing, but buying a coin that has shown that it can just be taken away is just a whole new level of stupidity. Paycoin has been quite impressive with the levels of stupidity it has reached, but can it really go that far?
Paul Revere

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:34:41 AM

There are THOUSANDS of addresses to which coins have been sent from Josh's stash of ~4-10? million XPY from the premine alone- not even getting into payouts from the Prime Controllers. Literally THOUSANDS. The numbers may even be in the tens of thousands of addresses. How exactly do you suggest that this be sorted out? How should the good guys and bad guys be determined? Were coins and Prime Controllers stolen? Says who, Josh? Or the people who helped Josh organize and perpetrate this fraud? The guys hand picked and PAID by Josh to distance Paycoin from him? I for one do not believe the storyline being pushed by Josh and the guys who helped build this fraud scheme who are now supposedly his worst enemies. I call shenanigans.  

Paycoin is what it is and if you stick your hand in this bucket of shit to try fix it you are going to end up with shit on your hands and it will remain a bucket of shit.

mutha

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

AS8UDRR8Dc4wTyZkMT7Z5vaXtiWK9zh5Hb

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:38:11 AM

Ask Paycoiners.

Either they are idiots, trying to pump it up to protect their investment, or got stuck "investing" in the coin when the other scam they got involved in fell apart. This thing is dead in the water no matter what, it's not really worth discussing, but buying a coin that has shown that it can just be taken away is just a whole new level of stupidity. Paycoin has been quite impressive with the levels of stupidity it has reached, but can it really go that far?

Forgetting what the crypto currency is all about? Like finding vendors that will accept it for payment? These dummies are playing hot potato, no vender in their right mind will accept a coin with huge fluctuation price swings, it would be an accounting night mare. You sell something for 100 coins and before you can sell them they are worth 20 coins? LOL LOL I mean that is the bottom line... what legit firm would accept something like that?

This coin was never set up for any thing but a pump and dump crypto hot potato.
Garzad

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:39:33 AM

Josh and his future divorcee:

https://i.imgur.com/mTgoTiF.png

SOOoOOooOoO wEirD!
[/quote]

She wont divorce him that is against their religion.  She will just cheat on him when he is in prison.
[/quote]

Correction:  She will cheat on him when SHE is in prison.
TheMage

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:44:50 AM

There are THOUSANDS of addresses to which coins have been sent from Josh's stash of ~4-10? million XPY from the premine alone- not even getting into payouts from the Prime Controllers. Literally THOUSANDS. The numbers may even be in the tens of thousands of addresses. How exactly do you suggest that this be sorted out? How should the good guys and bad guys be determined? Were coins and Prime Controllers stolen? Says who, Josh? Or the people who helped Josh organize and perpetrate this fraud? The guys hand picked and PAID by Josh to distance Paycoin from him? I for one do not believe the storyline being pushed by Josh and the guys who helped build this fraud scheme who are now supposedly his worst enemies. I call shenanigans.  

Paycoin is what it is and if you stick your hand in this bucket of shit to try fix it you are going to end up with shit on your hands and it will remain a bucket of shit.

Understood there are thousands of sent addresses, but there are also the sending addresses as well as other information (such as exchanges, which should be following KYC laws once someone has a threshold withdraw) that could be used to identify which coins/addresses belong to GAW. Again as I stated, you wont get all of them but you could get a number of them. Maybe when this all goes to court and addresses that Josh was suppose to send to the SEC could be used as well. You need to think outside the box here, there is always a way to tie them back.

How is what I just stated above hard to do?

And again I ask, is a prime controller just a wallet? If so they are hard coded with an address that can be removed. Problem solved since I do not think any of these made it to the masses.Eliminate them all I say.

I dont 100% believe the story either, which is why I worded what I wrote the way I did in my statement.

On your last statement, I dont see my hand being stuck in a bucket of shit. I'm offering suggestions like many others have in this thread. I personally havent acted on anything and am not spending anymore time other than writing a bit on it.

Paul Revere

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:55:05 AM

You do not understand AT ALL, Mage. The number of unique addresses where coins were shuffled in and out of is ridiculous, and growing by the second- it is still going on full force as this is typed. Now you have to include a supposed theft of not only millions of coins, but also Prime Controllers which shit out thousands of coins a day. Which coins are you going to brand as legitimate? And who EXACTLY gets to decide? Josh? The people hand picked by Josh to distance Paycoin from him, as per plan? The "theives" who stole coins and Prime Controllers? What if Josh is tried and found innocent of all charges? THEN what? Are YOU going to pay the fucker back when he sues???  The things you have been suggesting as far as fixing Paycoin are completely fucking absurd and show no aforethought whatsoever. My suggestion is to either spell out an exact plan for your "fix" of Paycoin or never mention it again.

truckinusa

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:01:01 AM

My best analogy is the trucking industry.  If a broker screws you over and doesn't pay you $10,000 for a load then do you take a load from a new broker that uses the same dispatcher that you got screwed over by on the first load?  This is what is going on here.  There is no fix.  It would be interesting to try to make something completely new since there is such a large community tied to Paycoin.

▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 04:05:15 AM

This is the assumption I am going off of, I'm not a developer but I certainly understand the fundamentals of mining and networks, PoW and PoS. To me, and again maybe I do not understand the core code of paycoin, but one can use snippets of LukeJr's code to blacklist those prime controllers to "destroy" them. This is just one of a few ways to deal with the situation.

Back to your main concern, there is the blockchain which you have personally and vigorously linked to multiple addresses belonging to GAW/Josh. Also Crypsty has information on those wallets, and with the proper leg work and perhaps persuasion they could release that information of their internal addresses to a blockchain investigator and potentially be backtracked to GAW addresses(depending on how their back end architecture was done). There is also emails which dictate certain addresses belong to GAW/Josh.

There are many ways to get the information, you of all people should know that considering how well you have been following the blockchain. There are also ways to vet the information as well.

If I am wrong, please let me know. I would be curious to know if there are any wrong assumptions here.

EDIT: Whatever is done to try to fix will never be perfect and I understand that, but there are ways to attempt to fix things as best as possible.

The issue at hand seems to be that several individuals are still afraid of GAW/Josh and yield to his threats.   Let's be clear the fear is likely of the, alleged, guerrilla tactics employed by Mr Garza.  Your idea is a decent as it allows the community to fork the coin for its own benefit.  At bare minimum the Prime Controllers which currently serve no purpose could be removed.  

If the community, paycoin community not bitcointalk community, wanted a decentralized coin they would at bare minimum demand stake rates be set to near zero and all primes be burned now or at the end of the current round as well as demanding a rebranding of the coin.

kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 04:06:55 AM

i have 5 XPY i cannot withdrawal from their cloud Sad

cryptofunk

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:16:43 AM

You do not understand AT ALL, Mage. The number of unique addresses where coins were shuffled in and out of is ridiculous, and growing by the second- it is still going on full force as this is typed. Now you have to include a supposed theft of not only millions of coins, but also Prime Controllers which shit out thousands of coins a day. Which coins are you going to brand as legitimate? And who EXACTLY gets to decide? Josh? The people hand picked by Josh to distance Paycoin from him, as per plan? The "theives" who stole coins and Prime Controllers? What if Josh is tried and found innocent of all charges? THEN what? Are YOU going to pay the fucker back when he sues???  The things you have been suggesting as far as fixing Paycoin are completely fucking absurd and show no aforethought whatsoever. My suggestion is to either spell out an exact plan for your "fix" of Paycoin or never mention it again.

Going on a limb here... If the Prime Controller *wallets* were hard coded in the source code, wouldn't it be possible to say identify a wallet from 1 known address and extrapolate from there?  If have an address that you know belong to someone, you can identify a wallet (have no clue if can be done) then it would be easy to write a bit of code to record any TX from this wallet and see what other addresses are linked to it.  The have to compare something on the [value in] to be able to make that determination.. whatever formula they are using to go from a [value in] to a wallet identifier should work for to uniquely identify any and all wallets.

Without being a way to destruct anything it sounds to me like that could be a way to discover a portfolio of addresses, that could be a ZenCloud portfolio, a PayBase portfolio, a Josh portfolio and for whoever else a portfolio is needed.  One of the big problems right now is not being able to know easily which address belong to which wallet, that would make automated digging alot easier to implement.

Regarding the shuffling of addresses, this is a ZenCloud and PayBase side effect I believe, I would HIGHLY doubt that Josh has a wallet that shuffles anything unless he does so manually all day long.
TheMage

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:17:52 AM

You do not understand AT ALL, Mage. The number of unique addresses where coins were shuffled in and out of is ridiculous, and growing by the second- it is still going on full force as this is typed. Now you have to include a supposed theft of not only millions of coins, but also Prime Controllers which shit out thousands of coins a day. Which coins are you going to brand as legitimate? And who EXACTLY gets to decide? Josh? The people hand picked by Josh to distance Paycoin from him, as per plan? The "theives" who stole coins and Prime Controllers? What if Josh is tried and found innocent of all charges? THEN what? Are YOU going to pay the fucker back when he sues???  The things you have been suggesting as far as fixing Paycoin are completely fucking absurd and show no aforethought whatsoever. My suggestion is to either spell out an exact plan for your "fix" of Paycoin or never mention it again.

For starters, let me help you with your panties you got in a bunch.  Wink

I dont think I can be more clear on what I stated honestly. I asked some very clear and pointed questions, which I asked because I did not understand what you were getting at. There are very specific wallet addresses that belong to GAW and Josh that can be blacklisted. And all prime controllers from what I understand belong only to a select few to include GAW/Josh.

Fork the code, blacklist those addresses, and remove or blacklist or remove the large staking rate of those specific addresses. What the hell is so hard to understand? What does a transaction have to do with a unique address?

I never said anything about specific coins, I think this is where you are misunderstanding me.

Garzad

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:19:47 AM

Just noticed this gem from the equally rabid and stupid Stefania who is so fond of attacking news sites like Coinfire:

https://i.imgur.com/IssEHrD.jpg
https://hashtalk.org/topic/36677/did-someone-get-into-josh-s-twitter-account/16

Careful what you wish for, the really stupid one here is you.

Stephania is a GUY in Canada.  He told me so himself.
Pages: « 1 ... 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 [1634] 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: