Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:50:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 [1629] 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376913 times)
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:07:58 PM

How deeply was Stuart Fraser involved?

fist deep

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:08:58 PM

I just figured out that almost all of the valuable information in the emails is in PDF form. Corporate structure (operating structure and functional structure), payroll, retainer letters, invoices, building plans, settlement agreements, all sorts of stuff. I might have to find some mbox importer that will decode the PDFs on the fly for me. I've been doing everything by hand, and that's kind of a pain when it comes to decoding base64 PDFs.

I have been using this Mbox viewer. Free and it works. Windows program. If you scroll to the bottom of an open Email it lists all attachments. Just click on them and they will open.  I was using FreeMboxviewer and it had better features, like file sorting and such- but that one crashed when trying to load the big Mbox files. Someone else mentioned Thunderbird for Mbox viewing, I have not tried that yet.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:23:03 PM

So.. if the SEC decides paycoin were an unregistered security... how does that work?  For example, if you sell unregistered stocks in a company, do they declare the stock invalid? It seems that Josh is probably sitting on a couple million paycoins and even if he gets convicted of anything, he stands to walk away with a hefty chunk of money when everything has died down.

As soon as hosted miners went "virtual," they became an unregistered security, a securitization of whatever operations were generating the income.

We now know all Hashlets were unregistered securites, too.

I don't think Paycoin is. If it is, that means bitcoin is, which means a world of hurt for any legit bitcoin company.

I imagine after he's convicted, there will be a civil suit. I'm not sure how enforcing a judgement/settlement works, but it may be difficult for him to extract money if he owes it in a court action. Coinbase and Cryptsy are both US Companies. He'd have to find a venue for selling his BTC/XPY, and the email record shows that he's burned a lot of those bridges.

I believe (although im not expert) the SEC is going to slap him not with the fact paycoin exists or that he was selling them as an IPO/ICO, but rather that he promised a floor of $20 when he knew it would not work out well. As far as what will happen, I think its all going to be covered in civil suits, not sure the SEC will be involved in helping those that got defrauded other than those who file suits can reference the SEC case.

In other news, looks like my statement got picked up in a few more places.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/litecoin-association-director-urges-paycoin-community-put-foot/

http://cointelegraph.uk/news/114001/andrew-vegetabile-aka-the-real-mage-calls-on-xpy-community-to-take-their-coin-back-from-gaw-is-still-up-for-live-debate-with-josh-garza-of-paycoin

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
verloren

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:26:50 PM

such a stand up guy. muggles are not worthy of his 'charity'
cantor fitzgerald lost like 500 people that day, maybe stuart fraser should take a look in the mirror and punch him self in the nuts

You would need to measure Homero's schlong to know that.  Roll Eyes

Stu was/is a partner in GAW. I have seen different percentages of ownership bandied about, but he was the principle monetary backer, at least early on.
That's the feeling I get too. I have no idea how involved he's been lately, especially with the emails asking how certain charges were racked up on ccs.
inspirone1

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:34:07 PM

such a stand up guy. muggles are not worthy of his 'charity'
cantor fitzgerald lost like 500 people that day, maybe stuart fraser should take a look in the mirror and punch him self in the nuts

You would need to measure Homero's schlong to know that.  Roll Eyes

Stu was/is a partner in GAW. I have seen different percentages of ownership bandied about, but he was the principle monetary backer, at least early on.
That's the feeling I get too. I have no idea how involved he's been lately, especially with the emails asking how certain charges were racked up on ccs.

You have to wonder how much josh actually pulled out of this or if he just blew it all as it came in. I also question how much he had initially before this whole debacle.  (he claims to of been a millionaire prior to this)

ORVIUM          Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain          ORVIUM
█      Whitepaper         Telegram         Twitter         Facebook         Reddit         Blog     
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
bumpershot

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:35:45 PM

The great thing about the email dump is that it starts back when I'm almost 100% certain GAW Miners was a legit company. They actually hosted physical miners that people bought. They dropshipped, sure, but they were upfront about it. There was a little C&D bullying, but nothing like what came later.

Garza looked like he tried to be a good CEO, too. He was pissed when he got word of customer service fails in his company. He educated his executives. He had something called a business plan.

Then, they decided to make the hosted miners virtual. He just took that and owned being a scammer. Suddenly, the emails are about bullying people or guilting people into shutting up or dropping claims. He started cutting pay and overpromising equity. It's like once they decided to lie to their customers, all bets were off, and everything became part of a game to extract as much value from everyone as possible.

He's just an amazing character. He deserves a biopic more than an episode of American Greed. He got so brazen so quickly, and he's been able to maintain it for so long, that this scam deserves a place in scam history.
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:41:28 PM

Okay, a major Wall St. junk yard is involved or at least a partner of said yard. This means that the SEC, Wall St.´s property, will maybe fine Mr. Garza a cent on the dollar in a few years.

Paul Revere

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:44:03 PM

The great thing about the email dump is that it starts back when I'm almost 100% certain GAW Miners was a legit company. They actually hosted physical miners that people bought. They dropshipped, sure, but they were upfront about it. There was a little C&D bullying, but nothing like what came later.

Garza looked like he tried to be a good CEO, too. He was pissed when he got word of customer service fails in his company. He educated his executives. He had something called a business plan.

Then, they decided to make the hosted miners virtual. He just took that and owned being a scammer. Suddenly, the emails are about bullying people or guilting people into shutting up or dropping claims. He started cutting pay and overpromising equity. It's like once they decided to lie to their customers, all bets were off, and everything became part of a game to extract as much value from everyone as possible.

He's just an amazing character. He deserves a biopic more than an episode of American Greed. He got so brazen so quickly, and he's been able to maintain it for so long, that this scam deserves a place in scam history.

* Small error about Josh starting out legit. Josh made his plans crystal clear before he started GAWminers. Get people hooked in and build trust with legit hardware sales, and then hold back hardware deliveries and switch to "virtual mining"- aka pure Ponzi mode. The whole thing was planned from day -1. Paycoin was cooked up after the Hashlet Ponzi began to crash last fall.

P.S: This post details the plan up to creating a hosting center for sold hardware instead of delivering it. GAW may or may not (probably not) have had some real mining early on, but then it went full Ponzi. It could be argued that it was only 99% Ponzi with a small fraction of mining, but gauging by the BTC purchase to make Hashlet Payout and Payroll Emails it is clear that very little, if any, real mining was done.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
bumpershot

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:47:42 PM

* Small error about Josh starting out legit. Josh made his plans crystal clear before he started GAWminers. Get people hooked in and build trust with legit hardware sales, and then hold back hardware deliveries and switch to "virtual mining"- aka pure Ponzi mode. The whole thing was planned from day -1. Paycoin was cooked up after the Hashlet Ponzi began to crash last fall.

Fair point. I can see how it could be legit to start with the intention of scamming everyone in the medium-term.
mutha

Activity: 430

AS8UDRR8Dc4wTyZkMT7Z5vaXtiWK9zh5Hb

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:02:46 PM

Nah he is a rank amature, about all his scam deserves is his photo on post office walls. I have run the math in my head, from what I have seen on here and I have his total take set at a low end of $8 to 9,000,000 and high end of $15,000,000. He pissed most of that away like a monkey would with shiny trinkets, cars, private jets and general useless bullshit to stroke his image as a big wheel. I suspect he probably has less than $4,000,000 left and is deploying 50% of that to set up another scam in another name, in another country, the rest trying to live on. When the shit hits the fan he will end up spending that, bartering what is left to lawyers to try and keep his dumb ass out of prison... or his wife will file for divorce and claim it or even mistress may make a claim on it and when he throws them under the bus then he will have more legal fees. He thinks hiding in a non extradition country and off shore accounts and things like that will save him but it wont. The Federal Marshal run snatch and grabs all the time Overseas when a Federal Warrant is served. Also the banks even Euro banks now operate under a series of Homeland Security Laws and International Banking laws... so they know what where when and how much goes off shore. Look at what happened to Switzerland banking recently.

In the end he will be worse off than where he started..... thats how scammers always end up. My gut is telling me we will be reading about his "Suicide" shortly, but I think he will assume another identity and start over. Alot of the scammers do that in order to come back into the US, then a couple of years will pass and he will be busted because he got too arrogant, lazy and think the heat is off.

I could show you how the pro's work things but I suspect he reads this forum closely and I do not want to be giving him any ideas. Its rather fun watching him figure it out for himself, he is not near as smart as he thinks he is. So no ideas, its amature hour and let him play it out like I suspect he will  Grin

volder

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:08:08 PM

dickhead  Roll Eyes

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:    Re: Car
Date:    Sat, 4 Oct 2014 16:46:16 -0400
To:    Josh Garza <josh@btc.com>
CC:    Amber Messer <amber@gawminers.com>

We just talked about this. I got it under control. Smiley

On Oct 4, 2014 4:42 PM, "Josh Garza" <josh@btc.com
<mailto:josh@btc.com>> wrote:

who is handling?

The only thing I will drive in Vegas is a merci or McLain

Or an r8 Smiley

Thank you for your help in setting everything up

--
    Sent from Gmail Mobile

Anyone who can't spell McLaren properly shouldn't be allowed near one. I assume he meant the P1 or a Mercedes.
No, he meant the 12C. He started talking to me about mine after he saw I got one. He needed to show me up in Vegas.

Regular Guy™
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:33:21 PM

They are wrongly throwing the word FUD around so much it might have to be changed to : Factual Undisputed Data
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:36:15 PM

Impossible.
systematicdeception

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:37:22 PM

Video footage from a recent call Josh had with his lawyers.... Very telling.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:47:21 PM

Again the same question. If he really broke so many laws, how come he s still around?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
holdembot

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:49:33 PM

Again the same question. If he really broke so many laws, how come he s still around?

Cause no laws were broken in his silly mind until he got caught.

Now the wheels are turning.
systematicdeception

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:49:58 PM

Are you familiar with the speed of the US Govt? Smiley That's why.

As slow as it is however, it's got the mass and destructive power of a fucking glacier.

TeamButtcoin

Activity: 466

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:54:07 PM

Investigators like to line up all the evidence for all the charges and make sure they have a solid case for all of them before making arrests and taking it to trial

Federal Prosecutors have an extremely high conviction rate because they do their job thoroughly

███▄▄  ▄▄███
██▄▄   ▀▀████▀▀   ▄▄██
 ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀
█▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄███▀▀
█████▄▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄▄
██  ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀
██      ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
██   ▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
██   ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
██▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
▀▀███▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
    ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
        ▀▀██▀▀
graIn..
The Backbone of
Modern Work Agreements.
███████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████ ██████████████████
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████
████
████
████

█████████████   █████

.Whitepaper.
█████   █████████████

████
████
████
████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██████████████████ ████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████

Paul Revere

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:58:17 PM

Impossible.

He was pissed at early customer service fails because his business plan was to build up some good will to sucker people into a Ponzi scheme.

bitillionaire

Activity: 369

phm.link

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 06:01:56 PM

It's better to take a long time to build a strong case than it is to act quickly on a weak case. With the level of evidence they have at this point, the government will almost certainly get a plea agreement out of him, saving them time and money, when the time comes.

Pages: « 1 ... 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 [1629] 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: