Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:48:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 [937] 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376927 times)
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:04:22 PM

Hope I don't get banned again now.

Uh oh, famous last words. Posting outside of Meta is a big no no for banned users. Dekay burned through all Tor exit nodes and VPNs in the known universe and it looks like they got him anyway.

Edit: how it the world did you manage to get banned here? It takes some special effort as far as I've seen.

Oddly this thread got me banned for a bit too a while ago

"Oddly" that's a good one. You must be joking Sir Spamalot. 

strangerdanger101

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:20:24 PM

OK, so let's say One Million coins are put into escrow from users participating in the Paycoin Buyback program.

I wish we had badges here, I'd give you one for math Smiley

Seriously, this just illustrates how... ahem... "challenged" some of the XPY "investors" are. Five minutes and some basic arithmetic tells everything one needs to know about GAW and its miracles, but there is a large number of people who simply refuse to do that and choose to "believe".

And here is my favorite, when @GAWCEO says "do the math" but never does it himself, relying on the community to fill it in with speculation so that he could later claim he never said anyhing:

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:57:25 PM

Go back to your troll hole ya piece of trash.

I just crawled into the troll hole they call it BCtalk
why do you support a person who shadow bans people that ask questions? don't you find that a little weird?

Because he is intrinsically a piece of stinking, rotten, trash. The payment he gets to engage in this scam just allows him to continue to enjoy the glory of swindling working folks out of their kids college funds and stealing little old ladies' incomes. Disgusting.

Being contracted to do a service doesn't mean you are doing what the company you are contracted to do said service for has been doing. It doesn't make you guilty of their actions. He's moderating a forum.

But cool story bro

Bullshit.  You don't get to help someone rip people off and then claim you were "just doing your job".  Either you have morals and you act on them or you don't have morals and you're a slime bag.  reptileboy is a slime bag.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:11:57 PM

I wonder how many real people are left in the HashTalk forums? I am not talking about shill accounts, but true members with a stake is XPY.

All too often, I go to read a forum post on HashTalk, linked to from someplace else, only to find it deleted. If the thread is not deleted, I can't help but notice "Banned" under so many poster names or posts where the content simply says 'deleted'. If I were a member of HashTalk, I would not feel good about this at all. I can fully understand the motivation by Hashtalk admins to ban abusive users, spammers or users with nothing constructive to say. After all, it is the company's main forum & it only makes sense that discussion should be constructive.

However, I see users banned far too often for posting a question that no representatives of GAW wish to answer or users being banned for expressing healthy skepticism. Had I invested in a project like XPY, be it $20 or $2000 with the expectation that it was going to be worth 4 or 5 times my investment, only to later see the value of my investment go down by 80%, I too would have questions. Even if my expectations were based on my my own misunderstanding & completely my own fault. If that is the case, set them straight, educate them & address their concerns. If I was a moderator or even the CEO of such a company, I would expect people to have questions or even be downright angry & I would deal with them in professional manner. How do XPY holders support the censorship & immaturity this company CEO exhibits on a daily basis? Just because an investor has questions or even shows signs of losing faith in the project, it doesn't mean they are your enemy. After this ride from $20 to $2, how could anyone employed at Hashtalk expect anything different?

For the true believers left at the forums, if you are reading this, I have a question. How does it feel talking to yourself? I mean seriously, how do you participate in a thread or start a dialogue, only to log out & then back in as someone else, to post to yourself? Then when anyone other than yourself participates, they are met with a ban? When you gleefully cheer Josh for his latest post promising another feature, do any of you ask yourselves what happened to his previous promises? Why do you follow this pattern of Promise, Hype, Delay, Disappointment over & over & over again? After all, your miners that will always remain profitable, no longer are. The points you mined, with the promise of a $20 value are barely worth 10% of that figure today. The ability to shop anywhere with XPY has yet to materialize, if ever. The XPY Credit Cards have not materialized, the investors who were going to hold up the value of XPY have not materialized. Why would you think a buyback is going to materialize? Maybe it's time to start asking questions XPY holders. Oh, that's right, you can't, because otherwise you will be banned & lose access to whatever investment you have left. I suppose the smart thing to do would be to keep your mouth shut & hope for the best. But I certainly wouldn't be cheering on the CEO of GAW on or even participate in the echo chamber at HashTalk at this point .

Never doubt of the capacity of a Ponzi scheme in changing the people's mind.

The case of Paycoin reminds me the case of Telexfree. Telexfree was a Ponzi scheme which was opperated in Brazil and United States. It consisted in selling VoIP signature lines using a multi-level marketing strategy. But after all, nobody bought these lines, but instead they just re-sell these VoIP lines for other people interested to enter in the scheme to re-sell these lines too. Like the typical cloudmining scams, they also had a referral program. After 2 years of operation, the Brazilians authorities closed their operations and they entered with a bankruptcy filing in the US. But the people involved with that scheme started to riot with authorities, alleging they were paying their taxes normally. These two guys, for example surrended themselves to prostest against the close of Telexfree by authorities (in Portuguese: http://g1.globo.com/ac/acre/noticia/2014/01/divulgador-se-acorrenta-em-forum-no-ac-por-liberacao-da-telexfree.html )

But what Paycoin and Telexfree have in common in the same people's behaviour. Every announce of Telexfree the people wrote things like "Voa Telexfree!" (Fly Telexfree!), and same happens with Paycoin and the "GAWesome".

Even assuming the hypothesis of Paycoin not being a scam, a lot of questions remains unclear. For example, what happened with the CAF? Go to posting in a forum saying "I'm honest, I did what I said I would do" means nothing, it's just bullshit. They should provide a balance showing exactly what did with every penny. There's 300 millions USD (which is also 10 times bigger than the Paycoin's market cap) and no data about where they spent it?

Also, in the beggining (when still it was named Hashcoin), they claimed "Cryptocurrency mining is back", and it comes 97% premined. And we had the infamous "20 USD floor". When the floor failed, they started to blame the dumpers and the bad news and started t re-write the history, using the strategy of repeating a lie a lot of times until it comes true. The same happened with merchant adoption, they clearly said the large merchant adoption would come at the launch of Paycoin/Paybase. After they changed the history to "Paybase will not be born in a day". Worse, they GAW still doesn't accept Paycoin.

Another question which remains is the centralization of Paycoin, with the prime controllers and HashStakers. This is really bad, because it turns the coin more easier to attack.

But Paycoiners won't accept the fact of this currency is a scam. There are two type of people here:

1. They still believe in Paycoin because they can't believe in the fact of that is a scam. Admiting this would hurt themselves and could lead to a depression.

2. The don't believe in Paycoin anymore, but they don't want to sell what they have and get rid of this, because they would loose money. So, they pretend to believe in Paycoin while waiting a solid opportunity to sell.

The success of a cryptocurrency can't be tied to one specific business. What happens if GAW goes to bankruptcy tomorrow? Paycoin goes to zero, because Paycoin's is not a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, it's just GAW's currency.  So, Paycoiners don't understand cryptocurrencies. If they'd understand cryptocurrencies, they would understand a simple fact: cryptocurrencies aren't ready to the masses. Just go to read the Gavin Andresen's interview at Financial Times. We are still in the early days, like the early days of the internet.

Also, I have to agree with this article ( http://coinbrief.net/paycoin-succeeding-dangerous/ ). An eventual success (which is in my opinion, unlikely) would be really bad.

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  -Mark Twain
seethevalue

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:04:29 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 03:40:44 PM by seethevalue

GAW is a joke,
Look at how the moderators divert questions from customers wanting to sell up.

Dazme is a founder look how he is not concerned.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/29758/buy-sell-hashstaker

Just ignoring customers, while the investment they made goes down.
being able to trade the graphic in the market place would help people cut and run.
GAW/Hashtalk ignores the customers,
because they don't care about the customers losing money.

another promise/lie was you will be able to sell the miners in the market place,
an the primes will be double the value worth $100.

Profile to Dazme
https://hashtalk.org/user/dazme
coinmaster222

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:31:25 PM

does anyone know the shill account names?

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:36:27 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 05:34:37 PM by toknormal

Demand building to cash in on the $20 per coin. Panic buying taking place on cryptsy now.

Look at it this way: Buy 1000 XPY @ 0.0085 now, ($2000). Receive $20,000 in the buyback.

Thats a 1000% straight fiat gain - can't loose !
NeonTranceBadger

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:50:23 PM

Demand building to cash in on the $20 per coin. Panic buying taking place on cryptsy now.

Look at it this way: Buy 1000 XPY @ 0.0085 now, ($200). Receive $20,000 in the buyback.

Thats a 10,000% straight fiat gain - can't loose !

And now they have a bot yet again raising the price.  I wish cryptsy would ban that damn bot.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 04:54:57 PM

Look at it this way: Buy 1000 XPY @ 0.0085 now, ($200). Receive $20,000 in the buyback.

Your math belongs to the alternate universe (HT) and doesn't work here. You can't get 1000 XPY for $200, not yet anyway.
bumpershot

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:57:10 PM

another promise/lie was you will be able to sell the miners in the market place,

I'm pretty sure he thought this was going to be true. He didn't promise a specific dollar amount of price support for it, but he did lay out some reasons for his prediction. It's pretty clear that he thought the ability to convert to Hashstaker Primes would make them worth $100.

I don't think this is fraud like some of the other claims.
seethevalue

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:01:52 PM

I'm pretty sure he thought this was going to be true. He didn't promise a specific dollar amount of price support for it, but he did lay out some reasons for his prediction. It's pretty clear that he thought the ability to convert to Hashstaker Primes would make them worth $100.

Yes he made this claim it would be worth $100. or double it's value.

Also made the claim that you would be able to sell the miners on the market,
yet still cannot sell the Hashstakerprime miners on the market.

The claim of the miners being worth around $100 was made also, which lead to people converting them.

The was option 1 and option 2.

an the expire option was worth $136 but it's not even close to that number.

GAW created spread sheets with prices on expected returns, an all the prices are fake.
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:08:13 PM

Demand...on a FAILING volume... Huh

3.95 BTC volume in the last 24 hours on Coin-Swap...What a joke... Grin

Are you blind...LOL

ZiG
bumpershot

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:11:45 PM

The claim of the miners being worth around $100 was made also, which lead to people converting them.

GAW created spread sheets with prices on, an all the prices are fake.

Just being wrong isn't fraud. It's probable that he thought his lie about the price support would be more effective than it was. It's probable he thought he'd have the developers available to support Hashstaker sales by now.

The fraud is in the amount of money available for price support (as well as possibly merchant support claims). It's not because he thought his business would be doing better than it has.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 05:14:23 PM

These guys can't write a article and leave us hanging.  We seriously need an update from them.  Hope everyone tells them politely they can't just drop a conveniently positive article and run.  Their positive spin potentially stole thousands of dollars from people that were swayed by this type of media coverage.

Perhaps if more people were to contact him, he will update his post. I encourage everyone to contact them also. Here is my email to paul.vigna@wsj.com & michael.casey@wsj.com
Twitter @paulvigna @mikejcasey

wow so much stuff against them and yet still keeps going on day in day out like nothing is going on. Just another day at the office business as usual and all is well for all

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
seethevalue

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:15:44 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 05:26:20 PM by seethevalue

Just being wrong isn't fraud. It's probable that he thought his lie about the price support would be more effective than it was. It's probable he thought he'd have the developers available to support Hashstaker sales by now.

The fraud is in the amount of money available for price support (as well as possibly merchant support claims). It's not because he thought his business would be doing better than it has.

Yes it is a scam you cannot put a price on it, if you don't intend on pay that out, he has 95% pre mine, an can afford to give out more mined currency, to make up the difference, but chooses a $20 buy back program which will not pay out fair or properly, it is a massive scam, an also he gives people with prime controllers priority, an 3000% returns, he is ripping off customers, massive Fraud. people made decisions on these prices, the least he can do is the sensible idea an pay out more coins.
I would assume the people with prime controllers are his mates, an his customers are getting screwed. Something dodge going on for so few people to be getting such high returns while the rest get so small returns.
strangerdanger101

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:21:38 PM

Gross negligence?

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
bumpershot

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:27:53 PM

Not Legal:

• Lying about the nature of unregistered securites (e.g. claiming that they're purchases of actual mining equipment).
  • Selling unregistered securities in the first place.
  • Building a customer base with the sole purpose of coercing them to adopt/purchase a new product.
  • Claiming a large price support fund many times the actual amount (or, alternatively, intentionally misleading people about how the price support fund would be used).
  • Intentionally misleading people about the extent and nature of relationships with other businesses, specifically merchants.

Legal:

• Being optimistic about your business' prospects.

There's plenty of illegal stuff without focusing on optimistic predictions.
seethevalue

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:34:38 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 05:54:06 PM by seethevalue

Not Legal:

• Lying about the nature of unregistered securites (e.g. claiming that they're purchases of actual mining equipment).
  • Selling unregistered securities in the first place.
  • Building a customer base with the sole purpose of coercing them to adopt/purchase a new product.
  • Claiming a large price support fund many times the actual amount (or, alternatively, intentionally misleading people about how the price support fund would be used).
  • Intentionally misleading people about the extent and nature of relationships with other businesses, specifically merchants.

Legal:

• Being optimistic about your business' prospects.

There's plenty of illegal stuff without focusing on optimistic predictions.

Fraud, paying 56 people 3000% returns while the rest of his customers get negative returns, promising a return to his customers when the is non.
having a 95% pre mine and not paying the returns to his customers, using the pre mine, an if he paid the pre mine coins out then the customers would get the returns he promised.

The should be an investigation on who got these prime controllers, this is obviously a factor which is taking his customers wealth. whoever has them should be going down with Josh because it was obviously planned, an inside job, an people close to Josh must have them.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:35:08 PM

Your math belongs to the alternate universe (HT) and doesn't work here. You can't get 1000 XPY for $200, not yet anyway.

Sorry, so it does.

Fixed now.
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:35:29 PM

Go back to your troll hole ya piece of trash.

I just crawled into the troll hole they call it BCtalk
why do you support a person who shadow bans people that ask questions? don't you find that a little weird?

Because he is intrinsically a piece of stinking, rotten, trash. The payment he gets to engage in this scam just allows him to continue to enjoy the glory of swindling working folks out of their kids college funds and stealing little old ladies' incomes. Disgusting.

Being contracted to do a service doesn't mean you are doing what the company you are contracted to do said service for has been doing. It doesn't make you guilty of their actions. He's moderating a forum.

But cool story bro

Bullshit.  You don't get to help someone rip people off and then claim you were "just doing your job".  Either you have morals and you act on them or you don't have morals and you're a slime bag.  reptileboy is a slime bag.

Complicity or Accomplice Liability
[aka aiding and abetting. One who is complicit is said to be an accomplice.]

Scott-
Pages: « 1 ... 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 [937] 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: