Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:30:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovery program beginning in January for PB Mining customers.  (Read 143907 times)
socrtwo

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:19:40 PM

And the mistery behind the "You agree you are not a Canadian" is solved.
This was all planed who belives hes trying to payback is a child.

Good point. I forgot about that. However maybe it's an additional crime to specifically target foreigners with criminal activity.
MichaelNZ

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:30:44 PM

I would imagine that like most countries including here in New Zealand the police force is a blunt instrument of state.
Given the potential scale of the alleged offending, I believe the investigation would best be handled by an appropriate Government body.

New Zealand has two ... The Serious Fraud Office who deal with primarily criminal fraud of large scale and value and The Commerce Commission who deal with corporate illegality and crime.
I imagine that there are similar bodies in Canada who will have far wider powers of investigation than the local police would. That is where we should direct our complaints.

Is there a Canadian here with some knowledge to share ?

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:36:43 PM

I think he just tries to convince himself

Its like the  umpty-umpth time Ive seen this movie. Its getting boring. Warning, spoilers ahead:

- Obvious ponzi launches.
- Attracts hordes of fans/shills/sign beggars/ponzi pushers that post 'I have been paid, therefore its legit'
- People with common sense point out the obvious (duh, its a yet another ponzi)
- People who lack common sense or pretend to lack it, repeat ad nauseam "you cant prove its a ponzi"  and come up with the most creative and outrageous explanations for how it could work.  This is actually pretty neat for any scammer, dont bother writing an explanation for how you generate impossible profits, people will fill in the blanks for you.
- Ponzi collapses and Kübler-Ross model sets in in at varying speeds for different people: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. Many still seem stuck in phase 1.

And on to the next ponzi we go.

odlal

Activity: 151

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:43:19 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 07:40:30 PM by odlal

Ponzi collapses and Kübler-Ross model sets in in at varying speeds for different people: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. Many still seem stuck in phase 1.

+1

socrtwo

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:55:04 PM

I think he just tries to convince himself

Its like the  umpty-umpth time Ive seen this movie. Its getting boring. Warning, spoilers ahead:

- Attracts hordes of fans/shills/sign beggars/ponzi pushers that post 'I have been paid, therefore its legit'
- People who lack common sense or pretend to lack it, repeat ad nauseam "you cant prove its a ponzi"  and come up with the most creative and outrageous explanations for how it could work.  This is actually pretty neat for any scammer, dont bother writing an explanation for how you generate impossible profits, people will fill in the blanks for you.
- Ponzi collapses and Kübler-Ross model sets in in at varying speeds for different people: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. Many still seem stuck in phase 1.

OK so you're most likely right. So we should concentrate in doing everything we can to get something back and then just forget about it and move one.

I have filled out MrTeal's questionnaire, signed the petition, called the Saskatoon police, will make a local US report, reported the fraud on Canada online fraud reporting place, contacted the newspaper, called the Digital Mining Store and left a message, come up with my own "ingenious insight into Jason predicament," and am now ready for all the profanity that is my due because of excess posting. Is there anything missing in the list? I haven't called D. Boyko or Dave Boyko from Saskatoon, but that's the only thing I won't do, so knock yourselves out if you want to do it, but remember there are innocent people out there.
btcmner

Activity: 132

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:01:03 PM

Is it the new pbmining address? 1PBMqRZMnx2xL7zoqh2kFuAqdr4L3W1tjr ?
Why they change 1PaydayTAjsppNyoWBUbVmVT2gT9efCjWo ?

yes. i think that are his real miner
Obviously it's not "his real miner", since the address had been used only once, for this week's payments, with the total amount injected from btc-e.

Mining for fun.
btcmner

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:09:48 PM

And the mistery behind the "You agree you are not a Canadian" is solved.
This was all planed who belives hes trying to payback is a child.
You might want to check the canadian law about bitcoin, regarding that "mystery", this would also be an occasion to educate yourself and maybe learn to refrain from committing libel too soon.

Mining for fun.
btcmner

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:16:15 PM

YOU ARE THE MOST SCREWED UP DUMB ASS MOTHER FUCKER EVER. YOU ARE SO FUCKING STUPID. if thats what happened he is even more responsible. that would mean he didnt even have any mining to sell. our contracts are with him. if he falls victim it has nothing to do with us. everybody in the world that owed money could just say something happened to them-therefore no pay back.. you are a jack ass dumb fuck.. excuses for theft are not reasonable-fuck off
I suppose you realize you may have to support all your accusations before a court of law?
Insulting people not sharing your opinion makes your libelous behavior look more and more like online harassment, as if you had some vested interested in sullying PBMining's reputation.
Beware, you could end up being accused of being responsible for the blackmail which PBMining said was the cause of the current situation in the first place.

Mining for fun.
btcmner

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:19:05 PM

I'm in Saskatoon and I'd be more than happy to take a lead on submitting a report. However, I'd have to be in ownership of a PB account I suspect. I'll have to figure out how I can purchase an account (probably here in the market would work) and then I'd be able to submit a report.
You know that at the time of the purchase, you have to acknowledge that you are not a Canada resident, so if you use an existing account which you claim is yours, you put yourself in the situation of having committed deception in order to gain it, and you would be in a heap of problems of your own.
Just saying.

Mining for fun.
btcmner

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:21:43 PM

Does your definition of a Ponzi includes honest admission by the "scammer" that he is in a dire situation and efforts to recover ?

Mining for fun.
odlal

Activity: 151

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:26:50 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 08:03:37 PM by odlal

Does your definition of a Ponzi includes honest admission by the "scammer" that he is in a dire situation and efforts to recover ?

An "honest" man would have no problem posting to this thread every once in a while eh ?

EDIT: It may even help him to process his Emotions !

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:27:08 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 07:46:49 PM by Puppet

You mean like Pirate made "honest" admissions, was in a dire situation and made efforts to recover? Paid out some accounts even ? You mean like Patrick harnett, usagi,  Neo Bee, BT trader and 33455 previous ponzi's that all did the exact same thing?

A ponzi is not defined by how the scammer tries to win time or  talk himself out of his scam once it collapsed, its defined by how it begins as a scam that has no internal revenue to sustain the promised payouts.

BTW, didnt lunamine claim being blackmailed too?  Wait, they did, and you fell for it too:

Personally, I'm still not convinced lunamine is a scammer
So, lunamine, since you are probably reading this, have some courage and say whatever happened. If you are victim of some "blackmail", then please do know that the best answer to blackmail is to make the information public : blackmail then loses all leverage. This would be much better than to let your reputation, and people's willingness to grant you the benefit of doubt, go to shambles.
rideron

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:46:44 PM

Hi guys. This is my first post here. I usually just read this forum.
I have invested a modest amount in PBMining (100Gh), respecting the "invest only the amount you can afford to loose" rule.
I have been paid 0.0420339 out of the purchase price of 0.1651844 bitcoin.

I am from Europe and, considering the amount I lost, getting involved in legal action wouldn't really help me. But it might help others, who lost more.

First thing I noticed is that people take their anger or frustrations out on other people on this forum.
This is totally wrong. You should be supportive regardless of who was wrong or who was right.
People who lost money should get together and take the best course of legal action against PBMining. Threats are doing no good to anyone.

I write to you now just to suggest an idea that might be of help:
You could raise money, each contributing a percentage of their investment, to hire a private investigator in Canada (or international one if this is the case).

Personally, I would forgive anyone and offer a second chance, but it seems the guys at PBMining are not being fair.
They had clearly broken their own contract and they should've given notice to customers about their "difficulties".
This being the case, I think you should try involving the justice system, if not for getting reimbursed, at least for the possibility of justice and deterring this kind of scam in the future.

I hope you find this useful and for the better for everyone.

Rudler

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:56:56 PM

YOU ARE THE MOST SCREWED UP DUMB ASS MOTHER FUCKER EVER. YOU ARE SO FUCKING STUPID. if thats what happened he is even more responsible. that would mean he didnt even have any mining to sell. our contracts are with him. if he falls victim it has nothing to do with us. everybody in the world that owed money could just say something happened to them-therefore no pay back.. you are a jack ass dumb fuck.. excuses for theft are not reasonable-fuck off

Sorry dude, you are the dullest person here, only insulting others, man, really tired of your swearwords.

Normal people use another vocabulary.... Wink

And now....give it to me!
btcmner

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:13:47 PM

BTW, didnt lunamine claim being blackmailed too?  Wait, they did, and you fell for it too:

Personally, I'm still not convinced lunamine is a scammer
So, lunamine, since you are probably reading this, have some courage and say whatever happened. If you are victim of some "blackmail", then please do know that the best answer to blackmail is to make the information public : blackmail then loses all leverage. This would be much better than to let your reputation, and people's willingness to grant you the benefit of doubt, go to shambles.

Don't try to shame me for what I may have written in the past about a different subject, it won't work, and only shows your bullying tactics.

I still stand by what I wrote then, as I assume responsibility for what I'm writing at this moment.
It's called presumption of innocence, and I strongly believe in that foundation of a justice system which does not degenerate into mob rule.

If you have evidence (not speculation/amalgame/etc) to back up a claim of malfeasance, bring it up. Otherwise, refrain from baseless accusations, this is called libel.

Mining for fun.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:16:09 PM

...you have evidence ...

never did any payouts to victims come from a mined block.
as soon as Jason was outed, he shut down the operation.

what more evidence of fraud do you need?

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:24:06 PM

It seems like a never ending loop around here. You would think people would learn, but I guess as they say "a sucker is born every minute."
btcmner

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:29:25 PM

...you have evidence ...

I don't think PBMining is under any obligation of paying with freshly mined coins (Does HashNest do that  for example?). As written on the site itself, PBMining consolidates from various sources, including hardware running on different pools, as could be found earlier, as well as rented hash capacity.
Pretending that, because payments are not freshly mined coin there is a fraud, is therefore abusive.

How old are the mindless bullies which try to mob in this thread ? There are real-life consequences of making baseless accusations, you know.

On the other hand, I too would be grateful to PBMining if details about the recent massive loss of capacity could be disclosed. But I guess this will have to wait a little.

Mining for fun.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:31:56 PM

...you have evidence ...

I don't think PBMining is under any obligation of paying with freshly mined coins. As written on the site itself, PBMining consolidates from various sources, including hardware running on different pools, as could be found earlier, as well as rented hash capacity.
Pretending that, because payments are not freshly mined coin there is a fraud, is therefore abusive.

How old are the mindless bullies which try to mob in this thread ? There are real-life consequences of making baseless accusations, you know.

On the other hand, I too would be greatly grateful to PBMining if details about the recent massive loss of capacity could be disclosed. But I guess this will have to wait a little.

i didn't say that they were under any obligation to pay with freshly mined coins.
i'm saying that this 'cloud mining operation' had no mining relating to the service which it purported to be.

'tis fraud.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
btcmner

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:34:30 PM

i'm saying that this 'cloud mining operation' had no mining relating to the service which it purported to be.

'tis fraud.
I'm sorry, but I haven't seen any evidence for this claim. Only repeated accusations, all the way back to last january. Repetition does not make a claim true.

Mining for fun.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: