|
DogTheHunter
|
 |
February 21, 2017, 02:24:08 PM |
|
Is this working? Can people use it? Can I upload some torrents and seed them and make some cryptocurrency? Less interested about the price...
Some are speculating that the torrent functionality will be introduced in the next wallet update, 3 weeks from now. I suspect this could be true, maybe a 65% or higher chance.
The devs seem to have their anti-fake-seeding worked out, and with their current wallet developments I don't doubt their coding ability. In fact, I believe that 2k sats is the lowest price for this coin due to the current wallet development; Anything above that price is speculation on future development. We also know riot chat is coming out in the next release. These devs don't muck around as each update brings something more to vtorrent, riot chat integration was an afterthought (from coins101, I believe), so theres something else coming, something more. I hope we aren't trying to falsely pump the price here. I don't think the torrent functionality is coming anytime soon. There's been no such indication. I'm #hodling My calculations also equate to at least 65% chance of Torrent functionality. I'm in the 60% range. At the bear minimum he should deliver Riot like he said he would, or back to 600 satoshi we go. To be honest I have no idea what's gonna be released. I would rather we didn't see a false pump based on people thinking torrents are coming. I expect we will see the fork happen without any release notes. But then we should hear about upgrades which might include additional anon support features like Tor, enhanced chat features and improved UI. I'm not gonna false pump, in fact quite the opposite, as I've been let down too many times by the dev, he said we would get torrents back in May 2015, check the spike in price on trex. All we got was push notifications. He has been deceitful and dishonest by not releasing any details of torrent implementation, keeping us hanging on by a thread. I'm gonna ask why not give out any details, why be silent, why the big state secret? Can't you do it? Why be such a dick and ignore your investors, why ruin any chance of building a community? Look at the riot channel coins set up, it was buzzing when it was set up and the dev said he would implement it into the new wallet (where ever that is), due to his silence once again, it's a ghost town now. If we had a normal developer, who actually bothered to engage with his investors, we'd have a much bigger community and marketcap. Dev man up and produce some code or in a few months the only two investors you'll have left is coins101 and ikdo. I bet dev hasn't got the balls to reply. No need to go over the top. All you have to do is look at the car crash that is unfolding in the vidz thread to know, slow and steady wins.
|
|
|
|
|
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
|
 |
February 21, 2017, 03:31:30 PM |
|
Is this working? Can people use it? Can I upload some torrents and seed them and make some cryptocurrency? Less interested about the price...
Some are speculating that the torrent functionality will be introduced in the next wallet update, 3 weeks from now. I suspect this could be true, maybe a 65% or higher chance.
The devs seem to have their anti-fake-seeding worked out, and with their current wallet developments I don't doubt their coding ability. In fact, I believe that 2k sats is the lowest price for this coin due to the current wallet development; Anything above that price is speculation on future development. We also know riot chat is coming out in the next release. These devs don't muck around as each update brings something more to vtorrent, riot chat integration was an afterthought (from coins101, I believe), so theres something else coming, something more. I hope we aren't trying to falsely pump the price here. I don't think the torrent functionality is coming anytime soon. There's been no such indication. I'm #hodling My calculations also equate to at least 65% chance of Torrent functionality. I'm in the 60% range. At the bear minimum he should deliver Riot like he said he would, or back to 600 satoshi we go. To be honest I have no idea what's gonna be released. I would rather we didn't see a false pump based on people thinking torrents are coming. I expect we will see the fork happen without any release notes. But then we should hear about upgrades which might include additional anon support features like Tor, enhanced chat features and improved UI. I'm not gonna false pump, in fact quite the opposite, as I've been let down too many times by the dev, he said we would get torrents back in May 2015, check the spike in price on trex. All we got was push notifications. He has been deceitful and dishonest by not releasing any details of torrent implementation, keeping us hanging on by a thread. I'm gonna ask why not give out any details, why be silent, why the big state secret? Can't you do it? Why be such a dick and ignore your investors, why ruin any chance of building a community? Look at the riot channel coins set up, it was buzzing when it was set up and the dev said he would implement it into the new wallet (where ever that is), due to his silence once again, it's a ghost town now. If we had a normal developer, who actually bothered to engage with his investors, we'd have a much bigger community and marketcap. Dev man up and produce some code or in a few months the only two investors you'll have left is coins101 and ikdo. I bet dev hasn't got the balls to reply. No need to go over the top. All you have to do is look at the car crash that is unfolding in the vidz thread to know, slow and steady wins. Over the top? Serious? You been following this from the start? For 27 months? You couldn't get any slower.
|
|
|
|
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
|
 |
February 22, 2017, 10:22:47 AM |
|
If you haven't been paying attention to the Kim Dot-com case, it's about time you did. New Zealand has just been put on the hook for paying compensation to Kim Dot-com for upwards of $2bn. http://thedailyblog.co.nz/2017/02/22/why-you-should-care-about-the-kafkaesque-abomination-that-is-the-legal-case-against-kim-dotcom/Why you should care. VTR is actually the name used in the most famous case in Us copyright history. It is the case that establishes that BitTorrent is a legal piece of software. https://w2.eff.org/legal/cases/betamax/These cases could be great news for vTorrent. The paid file sharing option and linking payments back to royalties means that the movie industry can change its business model to release content globally in one go and do so very cheaply using users own hardware and bandwidth. If vTorrent can add streaming, then we can go mainstream with support from the media industry. They can upload files directly into vTorrent and watch the royalties start flowing immediately with zero distribution costs. 
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000
|
 |
February 22, 2017, 04:44:42 PM |
|
If you haven't been paying attention to the Kim Dot-com case, it's about time you did. New Zealand has just been put on the hook for paying compensation to Kim Dot-com for upwards of $2bn. http://thedailyblog.co.nz/2017/02/22/why-you-should-care-about-the-kafkaesque-abomination-that-is-the-legal-case-against-kim-dotcom/Why you should care. VTR is actually the name used in the most famous case in Us copyright history. It is the case that establishes that BitTorrent is a legal piece of software. https://w2.eff.org/legal/cases/betamax/These cases could be great news for vTorrent. The paid file sharing option and linking payments back to royalties means that the movie industry can change its business model to release content globally in one go and do so very cheaply using users own hardware and bandwidth. If vTorrent can add streaming, then we can go mainstream with support from the media industry. They can upload files directly into vTorrent and watch the royalties start flowing immediately with zero distribution costs.  If, would, could don't really help though. The whole value in this case is coming from the future potential. The project might get delivered in 2 years, may be too late by then. We can't just tell. Still seems ok, so I'm hodling but I wish the dev was responsive. Quite a red flag. I see a lot of potential but there is very high risk. This is not for everyone.
|
|
|
|
|
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
|
 |
February 22, 2017, 05:35:41 PM |
|
If you haven't been paying attention to the Kim Dot-com case, it's about time you did. New Zealand has just been put on the hook for paying compensation to Kim Dot-com for upwards of $2bn. http://thedailyblog.co.nz/2017/02/22/why-you-should-care-about-the-kafkaesque-abomination-that-is-the-legal-case-against-kim-dotcom/Why you should care. VTR is actually the name used in the most famous case in Us copyright history. It is the case that establishes that BitTorrent is a legal piece of software. https://w2.eff.org/legal/cases/betamax/These cases could be great news for vTorrent. The paid file sharing option and linking payments back to royalties means that the movie industry can change its business model to release content globally in one go and do so very cheaply using users own hardware and bandwidth. If vTorrent can add streaming, then we can go mainstream with support from the media industry. They can upload files directly into vTorrent and watch the royalties start flowing immediately with zero distribution costs.  If, would, could don't really help though. The whole value in this case is coming from the future potential. The project might get delivered in 2 years, may be too late by then. We can't just tell. Still seems ok, so I'm hodling but I wish the dev was responsive. Quite a red flag. I see a lot of potential but there is very high risk. This is not for everyone. The plan B if it all goes wrong = I can always fork to JoyStream when it goes open source. That way, people can choose JoyStream with Bitcoin and no opportunity to invest; or VTR Classic, with an ability to get into the coin.
|
|
|
|
|
|
Cryptoadvice_82
|
 |
February 22, 2017, 05:37:22 PM |
|
If you haven't been paying attention to the Kim Dot-com case, it's about time you did. New Zealand has just been put on the hook for paying compensation to Kim Dot-com for upwards of $2bn. http://thedailyblog.co.nz/2017/02/22/why-you-should-care-about-the-kafkaesque-abomination-that-is-the-legal-case-against-kim-dotcom/Why you should care. VTR is actually the name used in the most famous case in Us copyright history. It is the case that establishes that BitTorrent is a legal piece of software. https://w2.eff.org/legal/cases/betamax/These cases could be great news for vTorrent. The paid file sharing option and linking payments back to royalties means that the movie industry can change its business model to release content globally in one go and do so very cheaply using users own hardware and bandwidth. If vTorrent can add streaming, then we can go mainstream with support from the media industry. They can upload files directly into vTorrent and watch the royalties start flowing immediately with zero distribution costs.  If, would, could don't really help though. The whole value in this case is coming from the future potential. The project might get delivered in 2 years, may be too late by then. We can't just tell. Still seems ok, so I'm hodling but I wish the dev was responsive. Quite a red flag. I see a lot of potential but there is very high risk. This is not for everyone. Everything in crypto has a very high risk...
|
|
|
|
|
Pickleninja
|
 |
February 22, 2017, 06:32:38 PM |
|
If you haven't been paying attention to the Kim Dot-com case, it's about time you did. New Zealand has just been put on the hook for paying compensation to Kim Dot-com for upwards of $2bn. http://thedailyblog.co.nz/2017/02/22/why-you-should-care-about-the-kafkaesque-abomination-that-is-the-legal-case-against-kim-dotcom/Why you should care. VTR is actually the name used in the most famous case in Us copyright history. It is the case that establishes that BitTorrent is a legal piece of software. https://w2.eff.org/legal/cases/betamax/These cases could be great news for vTorrent. The paid file sharing option and linking payments back to royalties means that the movie industry can change its business model to release content globally in one go and do so very cheaply using users own hardware and bandwidth. If vTorrent can add streaming, then we can go mainstream with support from the media industry. They can upload files directly into vTorrent and watch the royalties start flowing immediately with zero distribution costs.  If, would, could don't really help though. The whole value in this case is coming from the future potential. The project might get delivered in 2 years, may be too late by then. We can't just tell. Still seems ok, so I'm hodling but I wish the dev was responsive. Quite a red flag. I see a lot of potential but there is very high risk. This is not for everyone. Everything in crypto has a very high risk... QFT. We'lljust have to wait and see... wish i had a crystal ball :/ -pickle
|
|
|
|
|
Shy_Bladder
Newbie

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
|
 |
February 22, 2017, 09:42:52 PM |
|
Hey. Does anyone know what upgrades the hardfork in December brought? Also, has Tor and i2p support been integrated yet? I saw some mentions about multisigs, has that been implemented or is it still on the roadmap? Last, the client has support for ring signatures and stealth addresses right? If so, can they be used now or are there still tweaks that needs to be done before they are fully functional?
|
|
|
|
|
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
|
 |
February 23, 2017, 01:34:33 AM |
|
^^^ bump Lol, you don't expect the devs two answer do you?
No. I think if you look at GitHub, you can pretty much work out what's coming. In which order features will be released is a different issue. But vTorrent is exceptionally feature rich compared to just about every coin out there right now. I do mean, every coin. What do you see that is coming? I'm looking at the GitHub and don't "see" what you see. </div><!-- #coincontrol -->
<select id="txn_type" class="txn_type button is-inverse has-fixed-icon" style="width:180px;" onchange="changeTxnType();"> <option class="vred" value="0" title="VTR to VTR" selected>VTR to VTR</option> <option class="vred" value="1" title="VTR to Token">VTR to Token</option> <option class="vred" value="2" title="Token to Token">Token to Token</option> <option class="vred" value="3" title="Token to VTR">Token to VTR</option> = BitTorrent money:  Then: enum Network { NET_UNROUTABLE = 0, NET_IPV4, NET_IPV6, NET_TOR, NET_I2P, NET_MAX, }; Tor and I2P ready! And just for fun: # Mobile devices 15 android:ios{ 16 CONFIG += mobility 17 MOBILITY = 18 } 19 Mobile friendly  Would you believe it - while encrypted chat features are ready and working; let's hope the dev finds time to add encrypted Group Chat, just so you can use it on your mobile device. Wow > HD Ready  Want RingSigs, for Monero type Anon? { suggestRingSize() 449 if (fDebugRingSig) 450 LogPrintf("sendCoinsAnon()\n");You fucking got it, mate Looking for something in BitTorrent: #ifdef BITTORRENT_ENABLED 61 Q_INVOKABLE void openBittorrent(); 62 #endif
#CONFIG += bittorrent_enabled Knock yourself out Taking too long to download and sync up? <location line="+1"/> 2739 <source>Importing bootstrap blockchain data file. Here, down load the bootstrap and sync up in 10 minutes Oh, nearly forgot that vTorrent is the only project with 2FA baked into its wallet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvosnjGxnNMSo riddle me this: Why the fuck is Ruby coin worth $6m, with just 10% of what you get with vTorrent?
|
|
|
|
|
|
Big Naturals
|
 |
February 23, 2017, 01:53:51 AM |
|
The plan B if it all goes wrong = I can always fork to JoyStream when it goes open source.
That way, people can choose JoyStream with Bitcoin and no opportunity to invest; or VTR Classic, with an ability to get into the coin.
Good to have a plan B! I assume you mean investors would burn VTR for token used on JoyStream clone ... If this is serious proposal VTR risk::reward would change considerably, VTR would certainly be most undervalued coin. Risk factor now is dev lack of communication might indicate development has stalled, but if there is plan B, time to invest!
|
|
|
|
|
|
ik_do
|
 |
February 23, 2017, 08:23:23 AM |
|
|
|
|
|
|
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
|
 |
February 23, 2017, 08:43:37 AM |
|
That article talks like the network is up and running.
|
|
|
|
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
|
 |
February 23, 2017, 08:49:32 AM |
|
That is indeed a good article. Thanks for sharing 
|
|
|
|
|
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
|
 |
February 23, 2017, 08:58:01 AM Last edit: February 23, 2017, 09:10:42 AM by coins101 |
|
The plan B if it all goes wrong = I can always fork to JoyStream when it goes open source.
That way, people can choose JoyStream with Bitcoin and no opportunity to invest; or VTR Classic, with an ability to get into the coin.
Good to have a plan B! I assume you mean investors would burn VTR for token used on JoyStream clone ... If this is serious proposal VTR risk::reward would change considerably, VTR would certainly be most undervalued coin. Risk factor now is dev lack of communication might indicate development has stalled, but if there is plan B, time to invest! I don't see why we can't do both. Someone somewhere will fork JoyStream. Might as well be vTorrent hodlers. That way you avoid JoyStream fork competitors - even though there is so much room for many competitors in this space. No need to burn your VTRs. We'll just issue tokens to people that can prove they are hodlers or possibly distribute coins based on the top 100 list on a VTR explorer or something. We'll all get two coins without having to invest again. JoyStream is 100% investment via shares in a company so it won't feature on Coinmarketcap. We might even do a token sale for a bunch of coins to raise some cash to add IPFS to the JoyStream fork. ipfsTorrent, wTorrent, or vTorrent Classic? You've got a few weeks to tell me why this is a bad idea. Then we'll probably start planning how we can do something, report back on proposals and then we'll look to do something. Why not?
|
|
|
|
|
|
ik_do
|
 |
February 23, 2017, 09:21:32 AM |
|
https://multiwallet.io/Multiwallet now supports vTorrent. Never seen it been mentioned or discussed here before.
|
|
|
|
|
Shy_Bladder
Newbie

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
|
 |
February 23, 2017, 12:39:43 PM |
|
^^^ bump Lol, you don't expect the devs two answer do you?
No. I think if you look at GitHub, you can pretty much work out what's coming. In which order features will be released is a different issue. But vTorrent is exceptionally feature rich compared to just about every coin out there right now. I do mean, every coin. What do you see that is coming? I'm looking at the GitHub and don't "see" what you see. </div><!-- #coincontrol -->
<select id="txn_type" class="txn_type button is-inverse has-fixed-icon" style="width:180px;" onchange="changeTxnType();"> <option class="vred" value="0" title="VTR to VTR" selected>VTR to VTR</option> <option class="vred" value="1" title="VTR to Token">VTR to Token</option> <option class="vred" value="2" title="Token to Token">Token to Token</option> <option class="vred" value="3" title="Token to VTR">Token to VTR</option> = BitTorrent money: https://i.imgur.com/PCRuA7E.pngThen: enum Network { NET_UNROUTABLE = 0, NET_IPV4, NET_IPV6, NET_TOR, NET_I2P, NET_MAX, }; Tor and I2P ready! And just for fun: # Mobile devices 15 android:ios{ 16 CONFIG += mobility 17 MOBILITY = 18 } 19 Mobile friendly  Would you believe it - while encrypted chat features are ready and working; let's hope the dev finds time to add encrypted Group Chat, just so you can use it on your mobile device. Wow > HD Ready https://i.imgur.com/fT3k1B9.pngWant RingSigs, for Monero type Anon? { suggestRingSize() 449 if (fDebugRingSig) 450 LogPrintf("sendCoinsAnon()\n");You fucking got it, mate Looking for something in BitTorrent: #ifdef BITTORRENT_ENABLED 61 Q_INVOKABLE void openBittorrent(); 62 #endif
#CONFIG += bittorrent_enabled Knock yourself out Taking too long to download and sync up? <location line="+1"/> 2739 <source>Importing bootstrap blockchain data file. Here, down load the bootstrap and sync up in 10 minutes Oh, nearly forgot that vTorrent is the only project with 2FA baked into its wallet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvosnjGxnNMSo riddle me this: Why the fuck is Ruby coin worth $6m, with just 10% of what you get with vTorrent? Cool thanks, that explained a lot. But about the hardfork. What changes did it bring? Cause all that github stuff is from before the hard fork right?
|
|
|
|
|
omega0
Member


Activity: 159
Merit: 10
|
 |
February 23, 2017, 12:44:57 PM |
|
Then JoyStream come sooner? at this point it's more convenient do a copy / paste
|
|
|
|
|
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
|
 |
February 23, 2017, 01:00:06 PM |
|
|
|
|
|
|
DogTheHunter
|
 |
February 23, 2017, 01:03:53 PM |
|
Then JoyStream come sooner? at this point it's more convenient do a copy / paste
Interesting idea giving everyone the option for forking into Joystream based on what they hold in vTorrent. Would the vtorrent devs be up for maintaining two coins? Also, why not set a bar and time frame? If you hold vTorrent on (say) 1 May and you have over 10 or 100 VTR you'll show-up on the explorer and you'll get coins issued for free on a new JVStream  Not sure how we'd deal with people on Bittrex???
|
|
|
|
|
|