Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:20:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436015 times)
dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:13:17 AM

Not to mention:
https://torrentfreak.com/wont-block-pirate-bay-swedish-telecoms-giant-says-170221/
Yeah, right. Public trackers are doomed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:44:42 PM

If you haven't been paying attention to the Kim Dot-com case, it's about time you did.

New Zealand has just been put on the hook for paying compensation to Kim Dot-com for upwards of $2bn.

http://thedailyblog.co.nz/2017/02/22/why-you-should-care-about-the-kafkaesque-abomination-that-is-the-legal-case-against-kim-dotcom/

Why you should care.

VTR is actually the name used in the most famous case in Us copyright history.

It is the case that establishes that BitTorrent is a legal piece of software.

https://w2.eff.org/legal/cases/betamax/

These cases could be great news for vTorrent.

The paid file sharing option and linking payments back to royalties means that the movie industry can change its business model to release content globally in one go and do so very cheaply using users own hardware and bandwidth.

If vTorrent can add streaming, then we can go mainstream with support from the media industry.

They can upload files directly into vTorrent and watch the royalties start flowing immediately with zero distribution costs. Cool

If, would, could don't really help though. The whole value in this case is coming from the future potential. The project might get delivered in 2 years, may be too late by then. We can't just tell. Still seems ok, so I'm hodling but I wish the dev was responsive. Quite a red flag.

I see a lot of potential but there is very high risk. This is not for everyone.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:35:41 PM

If you haven't been paying attention to the Kim Dot-com case, it's about time you did.

New Zealand has just been put on the hook for paying compensation to Kim Dot-com for upwards of $2bn.

http://thedailyblog.co.nz/2017/02/22/why-you-should-care-about-the-kafkaesque-abomination-that-is-the-legal-case-against-kim-dotcom/

Why you should care.

The paid file sharing option and linking payments back to royalties means that the movie industry can change its business model to release content globally in one go and do so very cheaply using users own hardware and bandwidth.

If vTorrent can add streaming, then we can go mainstream with support from the media industry.

They can upload files directly into vTorrent and watch the royalties start flowing immediately with zero distribution costs. Cool

If, would, could don't really help though. The whole value in this case is coming from the future potential. The project might get delivered in 2 years, may be too late by then. We can't just tell. Still seems ok, so I'm hodling but I wish the dev was responsive. Quite a red flag.

The plan B if it all goes wrong = I can always fork to JoyStream when it goes open source.

That way, people can choose JoyStream with Bitcoin and no opportunity to invest; or VTR Classic, with an ability to get into the coin.
Cryptoadvice_82

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 05:37:22 PM

Why you should care.

Everything in crypto has a very high risk...

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
Pickleninja

Activity: 242

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 06:32:38 PM

Why you should care.

Everything in crypto has a very high risk...

QFT.

We'lljust have to wait and see... wish i had a crystal ball :/

-pickle
Shy_Bladder

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:42:52 PM

Hey.
Does anyone know what upgrades the hardfork in December brought?
Also, has Tor and i2p support been integrated yet?
I saw some mentions about multisigs, has that been implemented or is it still on the roadmap?
Last, the client has support for ring signatures and stealth addresses right? If so, can they be used now or are there still tweaks that needs to be done before they are fully functional?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:34:33 AM

^^^ bump

Lol, you don't expect the devs two answer do you?

No.

I think if you look at GitHub, you can pretty much work out what's coming. In which order features will be released is a different issue.

But vTorrent is exceptionally feature rich compared to just about every coin out there right now. I do mean, every coin.

What do you see that is coming?  I'm looking at the GitHub and don't "see" what you see.

Code:
</div><!-- #coincontrol -->

<select id="txn_type" class="txn_type button is-inverse has-fixed-icon"  style="width:180px;" onchange="changeTxnType();">
                    <option class="vred" value="0" title="VTR to VTR" selected>VTR to VTR</option>
                    <option class="vred" value="1" title="VTR to Token">VTR to Token</option>
                    <option class="vred" value="2" title="Token to Token">Token to Token</option>
                    <option class="vred" value="3" title="Token to VTR">Token to VTR</option>

=

BitTorrent money:

Then:

Code:
enum Network
{
    NET_UNROUTABLE = 0,
    NET_IPV4,
    NET_IPV6,
    NET_TOR,
    NET_I2P,

NET_MAX,
};

Tor and I2P ready!

And just for fun:

Code:
# Mobile devices
15 android:ios{
16    CONFIG += mobility
17    MOBILITY =
18 }

Mobile friendly  Wink

Would you believe it - while encrypted chat features are ready and working; let's hope the dev finds time to add encrypted Group Chat, just so you can use it on your mobile device.

Wow > HD Ready

Want RingSigs, for Monero type Anon?

Code:
{
suggestRingSize()
449    if (fDebugRingSig)
450        LogPrintf("sendCoinsAnon()\n");

You fucking got it, mate

Looking for something in BitTorrent:

Code:
#ifdef BITTORRENT_ENABLED
61    Q_INVOKABLE void openBittorrent();
62 #endif

#CONFIG += bittorrent_enabled

Knock yourself out

Taking too long to download and sync up?

Code:
<location line="+1"/>
2739        <source>Importing bootstrap blockchain data file.

Here, down load the bootstrap and sync up in 10 minutes

Oh, nearly forgot that vTorrent is the only project with 2FA baked into its wallet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvosnjGxnNM

So riddle me this:

Why the fuck is Ruby coin worth $6m, with just 10% of what you get with vTorrent?
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:53:51 AM

The plan B if it all goes wrong = I can always fork to JoyStream when it goes open source.

That way, people can choose JoyStream with Bitcoin and no opportunity to invest; or VTR Classic, with an ability to get into the coin.

Good to have a plan B!

I assume you mean investors would burn VTR for token used on JoyStream clone ...

If this is serious proposal VTR risk::reward would change considerably,  VTR would certainly be most undervalued coin.

Risk factor now is dev lack of communication might indicate development has stalled, but if there is plan B, time to invest!
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 02:10:59 AM

Does vTorrent have an official website?
Because in the OP the images look like they're from a webpage.

Oh wow coins101, I totally forgot about that stuff on github. Nice.
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:23:23 AM

some nice coverage here: http://ftreporter.com/vtorrent-the-common-future-of-cryptocurrency-and-torrents/
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:43:37 AM

That article talks like the network is up and running.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:49:32 AM

That is indeed a good article. Thanks for sharing  Smiley
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:58:01 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 09:10:42 AM by coins101

Good to have a plan B!

I assume you mean investors would burn VTR for token used on JoyStream clone ...

If this is serious proposal VTR risk::reward would change considerably,  VTR would certainly be most undervalued coin.

Risk factor now is dev lack of communication might indicate development has stalled, but if there is plan B, time to invest!

I don't see why we can't do both.

Someone somewhere will fork JoyStream. Might as well be vTorrent hodlers. That way you avoid JoyStream fork competitors - even though there is so much room for many competitors in this space.

No need to burn your VTRs. We'll just issue tokens to people that can prove they are hodlers or possibly distribute coins based on the top 100 list on a VTR explorer or something.

We'll all get two coins without having to invest again. JoyStream is 100% investment via shares in a company so it won't feature on Coinmarketcap.

We might even do a token sale for a bunch of coins to raise some cash to add IPFS to the JoyStream fork.

ipfsTorrent, wTorrent, or vTorrent Classic?

You've got a few weeks to tell me why this is a bad idea. Then we'll probably start planning how we can do something, report back on proposals and then we'll look to do something.

Why not?
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 09:21:32 AM

https://multiwallet.io/

Multiwallet now supports vTorrent. Never seen it been mentioned or discussed here before.
Shy_Bladder

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:39:43 PM

^^^ bump

Lol, you don't expect the devs two answer do you?

No.

I think if you look at GitHub, you can pretty much work out what's coming. In which order features will be released is a different issue.

But vTorrent is exceptionally feature rich compared to just about every coin out there right now. I do mean, every coin.

What do you see that is coming?  I'm looking at the GitHub and don't "see" what you see.

Code:
</div><!-- #coincontrol -->

<select id="txn_type" class="txn_type button is-inverse has-fixed-icon"  style="width:180px;" onchange="changeTxnType();">
                    <option class="vred" value="0" title="VTR to VTR" selected>VTR to VTR</option>
                    <option class="vred" value="1" title="VTR to Token">VTR to Token</option>
                    <option class="vred" value="2" title="Token to Token">Token to Token</option>
                    <option class="vred" value="3" title="Token to VTR">Token to VTR</option>

=

BitTorrent money:

https://i.imgur.com/PCRuA7E.png

Then:

Code:
enum Network
{
    NET_UNROUTABLE = 0,
    NET_IPV4,
    NET_IPV6,
    NET_TOR,
    NET_I2P,

NET_MAX,
};

Tor and I2P ready!

And just for fun:

Code:
# Mobile devices
15 android:ios{
16    CONFIG += mobility
17    MOBILITY =
18 }

Mobile friendly  Wink

Would you believe it - while encrypted chat features are ready and working; let's hope the dev finds time to add encrypted Group Chat, just so you can use it on your mobile device.

Wow > HD Ready

https://i.imgur.com/fT3k1B9.png

Want RingSigs, for Monero type Anon?

Code:
{
suggestRingSize()
449    if (fDebugRingSig)
450        LogPrintf("sendCoinsAnon()\n");

You fucking got it, mate

Looking for something in BitTorrent:

Code:
#ifdef BITTORRENT_ENABLED
61    Q_INVOKABLE void openBittorrent();
62 #endif

#CONFIG += bittorrent_enabled

Knock yourself out

Taking too long to download and sync up?

Code:
<location line="+1"/>
2739        <source>Importing bootstrap blockchain data file.

Here, down load the bootstrap and sync up in 10 minutes

Oh, nearly forgot that vTorrent is the only project with 2FA baked into its wallet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvosnjGxnNM

So riddle me this:

Why the fuck is Ruby coin worth $6m, with just 10% of what you get with vTorrent?

Cool thanks, that explained a lot. But about the hardfork. What changes did it bring? Cause all that github stuff is from before the hard fork right?
omega0

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:44:57 PM

Then JoyStream come sooner? at this point it's more convenient do a copy / paste
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:00:06 PM

BIP39 bug found, VTR uses BIP39 for seed word generation in the HD wallet, correct?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5vok09/bip39_bug_found_electrumcopayetc_generates/

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:03:53 PM

Then JoyStream come sooner? at this point it's more convenient do a copy / paste

Interesting idea giving everyone the option for forking into Joystream based on what they hold in vTorrent.

Would the vtorrent devs be up for maintaining two coins?

Also, why not set a bar and time frame? If you hold vTorrent on (say) 1 May and you have over 10 or 100 VTR you'll show-up on the explorer and you'll get coins issued for free on a new JVStream  Grin

Not sure how we'd deal with people on Bittrex???
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:40:36 PM

Interesting idea giving everyone the option for forking into Joystream based on what they hold in vTorrent.

Would the vtorrent devs be up for maintaining two coins?

Also, why not set a bar and time frame? If you hold vTorrent on (say) 1 May and you have over 10 or 100 VTR you'll show-up on the explorer and you'll get coins issued for free on a new JVStream  Grin

Not sure how we'd deal with people on Bittrex???

Don't go getting all excited.

People don't always like these things. So first lets discuss it and also confirm that vTorrent is still the only focus.

I'm thinking that if there is a way for the two projects to co-exist without any issues - in fact could help each other in some ways we haven't thought about yet (IPFS would be a cool addition) - that could be a great outcome.
Pickleninja

Activity: 242

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:20:09 PM

Wierd... wallet 0 withdrew from bittrex?  Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: