Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:18:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436011 times)
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 08:00:08 PM

Page 1 didn't have white paper and no website. Any chance last 181 pages had something like white paper? I'm real excited about these projects.

This is a long-term investment (if you're so inclined) and to give you some accurate idea of this project please see the following quotes from dev:"

"The main reason that I have implemented the trading feature in vTorrent client is that I want the user to be able to do everything vTorrent related from the client itself."

"For people who are new to vTorrent or new to Crypto-Currency, they wouldn't have to go look around or look up google to find their way to get their first VTR. With trading feature in place, user can learn about Bittrex or any other exchange that trades VTR and transfer VTR between exchanges right from our client."

"In my opinion, in order to have any success in having people outside crypto community to adapt and use our software or currency, there are a lot of issues that should be taking care of such as problem with slow blockchain syncing on every run or inadequate wallet security which tends to be overlooked."

"I sincerely apologize for the delays and absent in this thread due to an unforeseen issue with my real life project/business this month, but I am still working on this project and I do intend to move forward with vTorrent."

"I have spent countless hours trying to help users (and users in other coin) with their wallet problems and I am still holding some of our users fixed corrupted wallet.dat with total amount of 60-70k with their password for months now.

"Torrent implementation has always been my main focus and first priority of this project, in fact, there are also a lot more going on in the background"

"I don't see the need of hyping or promoting the feature before everything is ready or at least come close to fruition."

if you don't believe in our project, feel free to find some project with 'whitepaper' ready

You can google these for the correct attributions directly to dev, but these are some choice quotes I copy/pasted to another investor yesterday to explain this project. I fully realize these would be more useful with a direct link to the dev's posts (vTorrent dev) however I didn't do this at the time because I'm as lazy as you are (not willing to review the past 180 pages again) and I'm providing these quotes from the dev cycle purely as a convenience to you. Do your own research and fact checking.

I can personally vouch that all of these quotes are direct from dev--if you can disprove me then do so, but I can't be screwed to go through 180 pages of posts to prove so. I'm sure any of the long term investors can reply here to vouch for the quotes here as being valid or you can spend the time (google) to prove that they are valid (I assure you I don't have the free time to pretend quotes belong to someone when they don't)

Again this isn't a typical cryptocurrency. At any point in time the dev could've photoshopped some screenshots and promised super big hype for a release promising 10,000 features over the past 2 years, but they haven't. At any point in time the dev could've taken the several users who had corrupted wallets and walked off with their money--instead the dev spent the time and fixed the wallets (at least I'm speaking for myself and I haven't seen anyone on here complain so far).

Either you believe in the project, or you find something you're more comfortable investing in. The dev honestly doesn't seem to give a shit to what you, I or other people believe and if you're on this page and investing then you believe in what the dev may deliver in the near future. The idea of this project is certainly extremely unique and no one else has acutally provided a proven, coded, released & tested alternative to date Period.

You either believe in dev's vision or you don't.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ankylotic

Activity: 477
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 08:18:38 PM

I still have high hopes for vTorrent, it was the original and even thought development is slow I am a long term holder. Wallet is unique, especially once torrents work in it. Also lets not forget that this project was the first to add 2FA to its wallet. Check Youtube for video on how to use it, they are pretty good.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 09:04:08 PM

You can google these for the correct attributions directly to dev, but these are some choice quotes

Thanks for putting this together - I would not expect links to 180 pages of thread, this gives some impression of the devs self confidence..
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 09:31:29 PM

This is some of what they had in mind when starting out

"TPB but without servers or domain names that can be seized."
   This is exactly what we're hoping to achieved and it is a big part of it.
omega0

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:58:51 AM

Page 1 didn't have white paper and no website. Any chance last 181 pages had something like white paper? I'm real excited about these projects.

This is a long-term investment (if you're so inclined) and to give you some accurate idea of this project please see the following quotes from dev:"

"The main reason that I have implemented the trading feature in vTorrent client is that I want the user to be able to do everything vTorrent related from the client itself."

"For people who are new to vTorrent or new to Crypto-Currency, they wouldn't have to go look around or look up google to find their way to get their first VTR. With trading feature in place, user can learn about Bittrex or any other exchange that trades VTR and transfer VTR between exchanges right from our client."

"In my opinion, in order to have any success in having people outside crypto community to adapt and use our software or currency, there are a lot of issues that should be taking care of such as problem with slow blockchain syncing on every run or inadequate wallet security which tends to be overlooked."

"I sincerely apologize for the delays and absent in this thread due to an unforeseen issue with my real life project/business this month, but I am still working on this project and I do intend to move forward with vTorrent."

"I have spent countless hours trying to help users (and users in other coin) with their wallet problems and I am still holding some of our users fixed corrupted wallet.dat with total amount of 60-70k with their password for months now.

"Torrent implementation has always been my main focus and first priority of this project, in fact, there are also a lot more going on in the background"

"I don't see the need of hyping or promoting the feature before everything is ready or at least come close to fruition."

if you don't believe in our project, feel free to find some project with 'whitepaper' ready

You can google these for the correct attributions directly to dev, but these are some choice quotes I copy/pasted to another investor yesterday to explain this project. I fully realize these would be more useful with a direct link to the dev's posts (vTorrent dev) however I didn't do this at the time because I'm as lazy as you are (not willing to review the past 180 pages again) and I'm providing these quotes from the dev cycle purely as a convenience to you. Do your own research and fact checking.

I can personally vouch that all of these quotes are direct from dev--if you can disprove me then do so, but I can't be screwed to go through 180 pages of posts to prove so. I'm sure any of the long term investors can reply here to vouch for the quotes here as being valid or you can spend the time (google) to prove that they are valid (I assure you I don't have the free time to pretend quotes belong to someone when they don't)

Again this isn't a typical cryptocurrency. At any point in time the dev could've photoshopped some screenshots and promised super big hype for a release promising 10,000 features over the past 2 years, but they haven't. At any point in time the dev could've taken the several users who had corrupted wallets and walked off with their money--instead the dev spent the time and fixed the wallets (at least I'm speaking for myself and I haven't seen anyone on here complain so far).

Either you believe in the project, or you find something you're more comfortable investing in. The dev honestly doesn't seem to give a shit to what you, I or other people believe and if you're on this page and investing then you believe in what the dev may deliver in the near future. The idea of this project is certainly extremely unique and no one else has acutally provided a proven, coded, released & tested alternative to date Period.

i don't ask the white paper, but an overview of how it should work this project. Right now, why should I invest in this? nothing is explained
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:39:53 PM

i don't ask the white paper, but an overview of how it should work this project. Right now, why should I invest in this? nothing is explained

What VTR is trying to achieve put simply is a decentralised torrent client that does not rely on any central site like the pirate bay. Magnet links will be stored on the blockchain, and searchable via the QT wallet, this will solve any form of censorship, as everyone will have the magnet links stored on their chain in their wallet, so no third party required. Organisations like the MPAA who have lobbying governments globally, to get ISP's to sensor torrent sites, if you look at my country, the UK, it's getting harder and harder to access these sites, so VTR will solve this problem.

This is just one aspect of what VTR is trying to do, there any many more aspects such as selling access to private trackers and monetizing torrents, do some more research, read through the thread, from page 100 onwards would be a good place to start.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

l8orre
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:12:39 PM

What VTR is trying to achieve put simply is a decentralised torrent client that does not rely on any central site like the pirate bay.
read through the thread, from page 100 onwards would be a good place to start.

Thanks, this should give me some impression too- I started with pages up to maybe ten, and then the latest 15 or so...
l8orre
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:35:27 PM

If we need more trolls, I'll look into purchasing a couple of Hero or Legendary accounts and we can use them as sockpuppets. Maybe we can arrange some kind of troll account sharing so we get regular troll posts.

... looool! HAHAHA- I am sure you can borrow a bunch of first grade Trolls from WAVES or IOTA platforms, they got plenty!
and if you treat them nicely, you can maybe even breed them! In any case, they make for lively discussions and a lot of fun!
But also they require a lof of attention and caretaking, so maybe don't get too many at once for starters!  Cheesy Cheesy Grin
_nur

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 05:02:09 PM

why no website... great idea no website?
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 05:38:19 PM

The dev is anon, and most prob would like to remain anon, given the scope of the project, he/they would be painting a target on their back.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 06:39:31 PM

The dev is anon, and most prob would like to remain anon, given the scope of the project, he/they would be painting a target on their back.

There is a website in production - like, right now.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 06:49:47 PM

If you know anything about BitTorrent, this will give you a hard on

When your stiffy has come down a bit, get your phone out of your trouser pocket and login to Bittrex.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 07:14:44 PM

There is a website in production - like, right now.

Is it official or a supporter's site?

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 07:21:19 PM

If you know anything about BitTorrent, this will give you a hard on

When your stiffy has come down a bit, get your phone out of your trouser pocket and login to Bittrex.

That's some fine torrent porn Smiley

The date says December 2015, we can't be far off the network going live now.

My guess is sometime after the second fork, not too long.

You have to give it to the devs, they are men of their word, they said they wouldn't release any info on torrent implementation until it was ready and they haven't.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 07:48:48 PM

omega0

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 08:10:37 PM

What VTR is trying to achieve put simply is a decentralised torrent client that does not rely on any central site like the pirate bay. Magnet links will be stored on the blockchain, and searchable via the QT wallet, this will solve any form of censorship, as everyone will have the magnet links stored on their chain in their wallet, so no third party required. Organisations like the MPAA who have lobbying governments globally, to get ISP's to sensor torrent sites, if you look at my country, the UK, it's getting harder and harder to access these sites, so VTR will solve this problem.

This is just one aspect of what VTR is trying to do, there any many more aspects such as selling access to private trackers and monetizing torrents, do some more research, read through the thread, from page 100 onwards would be a good place to start.

Thanks for the summary, you talk to monetize torrents .. I wonder if it is possible to give a value to something that is normally perceived as free.
I like the idea of decentralised torrent client, I wonder why a regular torrent user has to go on an exchange to buy some VTR? for torrenting?
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 08:26:08 PM

Thanks for the summary, you talk to monetize torrents .. I wonder if it is possible to give a value to something that is normally perceived as free.
I like the idea of decentralised torrent client, I wonder why a regular torrent user has to go on an exchange to buy some VTR? for torrenting?

Sites like these:http://www.btracs.com/ can charge for access to private torrents.

People are willing pay for rare, hard to find content, high quality and high speed access.

Negotiation for access can be done by the encrypted in wallet chat.  Wink

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 08:53:01 PM

VTR was mentioned on reddit here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/filesharing/comments/5r2poi/blockchain_technology_will_revolutionize_file/

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:03:48 PM

Charge or don't charge, you still get the same ecosystem in one place.
Shy_Bladder

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:17:25 PM

Has the dev said anything about integrating some sort of categorized listings into the blockchain? If so, could anyone lead me to where he said it or provide a quote?
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: