Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:53:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436011 times)
scaryvirus

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:49:24 PM

Also to note that there are already torrent sites similar to PureVidz on ZeroNet: https://zeronet.io/
But these can't be taken down as they are hosted via BitTorrent itself and not a centralized server.

I didn't want to discuss vidz here, but it's not torrent, it's IPFS with goal of making it instantly accessible and fast. And final goal is to link them from PoS chain and have website equivalent accessible from the wallet.  Wallet can serve as the access to the vidz database. I'm sure it will be similar here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 12:16:10 AM

Also to note that there are already torrent sites similar to PureVidz on ZeroNet: https://zeronet.io/
But these can't be taken down as they are hosted via BitTorrent itself and not a centralized server.

I didn't want to discuss vidz here, but it's not torrent, it's IPFS with goal of making it instantly accessible and fast. And final goal is to link them from PoS chain and have website equivalent accessible from the wallet.  Wallet can serve as the access to the vidz database. I'm sure it will be similar here.

Just so you know, that I know, that you know: this is bollocks.

I pointed out in the vidz thread a while ago that there was nothing linking the website to the coin, now, as if by magic, it's on the road map.
scaryvirus

Activity: 570

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 01:17:16 AM

I didn't want to discuss vidz here, but it's not torrent, it's IPFS with goal of making it instantly accessible and fast. And final goal is to link them from PoS chain and have website equivalent accessible from the wallet.  Wallet can serve as the access to the vidz database. I'm sure it will be similar here.

I pointed out in the vidz thread a while ago that there was nothing linking the website to the coin, now, as if by magic, it's on the road map.

that's idiotic, bounty based economy was always part of the plan. and website is temporary solution while fully decentralized solution is being worked on, and their design is evolving - ipfs was not on the original plan, now it's the main plan. I would love to see road map for this project too, or any project in this area. This is good for anyone who's interested in freedom of sharing. These projects should be watching each other for good ideas, solutions to common problems, and different approaches to see how well each one works. I already applaud both projects for being decentralized instead of being a centralized mutable joke like anything on ethereum.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 03:18:15 AM

Oh hey coins!  What brings you to these parts?  I saw someone discussing VTR in the troll box and thought I would check it out.

Though this project seems a bit dead.  Looks like the dev has not been around much and there is only one massive bag holder shuffling around his coins.  Reminds me of spread a bit.  Anyways, glad to see you are still around!

Seems like you are not a big fan of PureVidz?  I quite like what they have proposed... moreover, I have gotten very promising returns on it thus far Wink.  Still time to buy in!

Just be careful when offering to become an active participant, like proof reading stuff or creating help materials.

BitTorrent is a legal piece of software as is Kodi. But blatant illegal streaming is, illegal.
PikachuYou

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Me is Cute

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 03:30:16 AM

pot calling the kettle black..... Roll Eyes

ALCTEC

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 05:21:22 AM

Lol VIDZ dev just abandoned. SCAM
ik_do

Activity: 522

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 05:34:52 AM

Haha they just forked the project and the two devs seem to be going separate ways:

Briefly summarizing some of my goals going forward that Pure Vidz doesn't currently address:
Full Decentralization → Legal Compliance
Open Source Transparency
Incentive to add content that doesn’t have a bounty
Continue to be rewarded for your content even after it's been added
Not only focused only on video based content
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1696889.4200

You'll note that these are all things that have been addressed by this project (besides open source which you either accept or don't)
ik_do

Activity: 522

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 06:05:00 AM

Just a friendly reminder about PureVidz vs vTorrent, which I've mentioned a few times already and because we all know that no one in the cryptocurrency does any reading and only jumps onto projects that have a nice pretty logo.

PureVidz issues a bounty to the person who uploaded the torrent file; once someone downloads a torrent/magnet from any public site and uploads it to PureVidz they win the bounty. They do not have to have anything to do with creation or seeding of that file from thereon--this means that BitTorrent will have the same issue of scarce/high quality/very large content being difficult to source/find.

vTorrent will issue a bounty based on the amount of data transferred--i.e. seed a torrent with 300 MB of data and you get issued 0.03 VTR (or whatever the scale ends up being). This means that vTorrent provides an incentivized ecosystem for seeders and leechers of data. This means that the person who wants that 1, 10, or 1000GB file can pay to download it if they wish so and people who host this data are paid for doing so on a continuous basis--this means that BitTorrent will have a system to incentivize rare/hard to source content (much like a private tracker).

There IS a big, big difference between these two projects.

To point out what happened--I made this post pointing clearly the difference between the projects and in the 12 hours or so since one of the devs jumped ship to build a project like what I described vTorrent as being.

d:

Code:

quu..__
 $$$b  `---.__
  "$$b        `--.                          ___.---uuudP
   `$$b           `.__.------.__     __.---'      $$$$"              .
     "$b          -'            `-.-'            $$$"              .'|
       ".                                       d$"             _.'  |
         `.   /                              ..."             .'     |
           `./                           ..::-'            _.'       |
            /                         .:::-'            .-'         .'
           :                          ::''\          _.'            |
          .' .-.             .-.           `.      .'               |
          : /'$$|           .@"$\           `.   .'              _.-'
         .'|$u$$|          |$$,$$|           |  <            _.-'
         | `:$$:'          :$$$$$:           `.  `.       .-'
         :                  `"--'             |    `-.     \
        :##.       ==             .###.       `.      `.    `\
        |##:                      :###:        |        >     >
        |#'     `..'`..'          `###'        x:      /     /
         \                                   xXX|     /    ./
          \                                xXXX'|    /   ./
          /`-.                                  `.  /   /
         :    `-  ...........,                   | /  .'
         |         ``:::::::'       .            |<    `.
         |             ```          |           x| \ `.:``.
         |                         .'    /'   xXX|  `:`M`M':.
         |    |                    ;    /:' xXXX'|  -'MMMMM:'
         `.  .'                   :    /:'       |-'MMMM.-'
          |  |                   .'   /'        .'MMM.-'
          `'`'                   :  ,'          |MMM<
            |                     `'            |tbap\
             \                                  :MM.-'
              \                 |              .''
               \.               `.            /
                /     .:::::::.. :           /
               |     .:::::::::::`.         /
               |   .:::------------\       /
              /   .''               >::'  /
              `',:                 :    .'

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 06:57:04 AM

Hell of a price correction on vidz, hope the holders managed to sell above 2K sat, it's dropping like a rock today.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 07:04:30 AM

Just a friendly reminder about PureVidz vs vTorrent, which I've mentioned a few times already and because we all know that no one in the cryptocurrency does any reading and only jumps onto projects that have a nice pretty logo.

PureVidz issues a bounty to the person who uploaded the torrent file; once someone downloads a torrent/magnet from any public site and uploads it to PureVidz they win the bounty. They do not have to have anything to do with creation or seeding of that file from thereon--this means that BitTorrent will have the same issue of scarce/high quality/very large content being difficult to source/find.

vTorrent will issue a bounty based on the amount of data transferred--i.e. seed a torrent with 300 MB of data and you get issued 0.03 VTR (or whatever the scale ends up being). This means that vTorrent provides an incentivized ecosystem for seeders and leechers of data. This means that the person who wants that 1, 10, or 1000GB file can pay to download it if they wish so and people who host this data are paid for doing so on a continuous basis--this means that BitTorrent will have a system to incentivize rare/hard to source content (much like a private tracker).

There IS a big, big difference between these two projects.

To point out what happened--I made this post pointing clearly the difference between the projects and in the 12 hours or so since one of the devs jumped ship to build a project like what I described vTorrent as being.

d:

Code:

quu..__
 $$$b  `---.__
  "$$b        `--.                          ___.---uuudP
   `$$b           `.__.------.__     __.---'      $$$$"              .
     "$b          -'            `-.-'            $$$"              .'|
       ".                                       d$"             _.'  |
         `.   /                              ..."             .'     |
           `./                           ..::-'            _.'       |
            /                         .:::-'            .-'         .'
           :                          ::''\          _.'            |
          .' .-.             .-.           `.      .'               |
          : /'$$|           .@"$\           `.   .'              _.-'
         .'|$u$$|          |$$,$$|           |  <            _.-'
         | `:$$:'          :$$$$$:           `.  `.       .-'
         :                  `"--'             |    `-.     \
        :##.       ==             .###.       `.      `.    `\
        |##:                      :###:        |        >     >
        |#'     `..'`..'          `###'        x:      /     /
         \                                   xXX|     /    ./
          \                                xXXX'|    /   ./
          /`-.                                  `.  /   /
         :    `-  ...........,                   | /  .'
         |         ``:::::::'       .            |<    `.
         |             ```          |           x| \ `.:``.
         |                         .'    /'   xXX|  `:`M`M':.
         |    |                    ;    /:' xXXX'|  -'MMMMM:'
         `.  .'                   :    /:'       |-'MMMM.-'
          |  |                   .'   /'        .'MMM.-'
          `'`'                   :  ,'          |MMM<
            |                     `'            |tbap\
             \                                  :MM.-'
              \                 |              .''
               \.               `.            /
                /     .:::::::.. :           /
               |     .:::::::::::`.         /
               |   .:::------------\       /
              /   .''               >::'  /
              `',:                 :    .'

VTR has all the fundamentals covered, that's why I didn't buy into VIDS ICO. Part of me wishes I did just for the pump, but oh well.

Vidz has now shown the market a little glimpse of what VTR will do.

We're not too far off going live in my opinion, most likely after the last fork.

Get prepared, when we finally do go live, this will be one of the mega fomo pumps of 2017.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 10:54:32 AM

pot calling the kettle black..... Roll Eyes

http://download.cnet.com/BitTorrent/3000-2196_4-10211384.html

So let's kill this one dead.

vTorrent is looking to implement BitTorrent.  BitTorrent is legal.

For example, Download.com is owned by cnet.com, which is a CBS company based out of America; CBS is one of the top 500 companies in the USA and it is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.

BitTorrent is free to download from this CBS owned website and many tens of millions if not hundreds of millions of people have downloaded BitTorrent/torrent clients from download.com.

I doubt that removing download links to BitTorrent would cause CBS any financial loss, but if it was promoting illegal software then CBS would face being removed from the NYSE, or it's board of directors would be hauled up before the courts and the SEC.

So I assume by your comment that you know more than download.com editors; cnet editors, CBS lawyers; the SEC; the NYSE, the NYC Police, the FBI and the American courts.

So BitTorrent is legal. vTorrent is implementing a legal piece of software into it's crypto client - crypto, e.g Bitcoin is also legal software.

So, no. This is not the pot calling the kettle black. This is the pot calling you out.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 12:36:41 PM

this is indeed somewhat amusing ... what was it?  
devs announcing they split at a mission critical point like 12 yo brats?
or just inept attempt to cover the pump&dump?
 Cheesy  
dranster

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 12:40:45 PM

VTR is shit compared yo VIDZ

Time to buy cheap VIDZ before it goes 50x again Grin Grin Grin
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 01:18:55 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2017, 01:35:48 PM by leigh2k14

VTR is shit compared yo VIDZ

Time to buy cheap VIDZ before it goes 50x again Grin Grin Grin

1 month and vidz will be at ICO price.

Weather you realize this or not VTR will be far superior.

Take your profit now is my advice., Yesterday would of been way better.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 01:24:21 PM

Cheesy  

They announced it right at the peek of the pump too.

Hmmm.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 03:15:25 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2017, 03:50:47 PM by coins101

Cheesy  

They announced it right at the peek of the pump too.

Hmmm.

http://imgur.com/ULEegzZ
PureVidz tried to defy gravity, but the pump team reminded everyone of Sir Issac Newton.
Cryptoadvice_82

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 05:35:50 PM

vTorrent price is holding great considering than Bitcoin is rising!

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:56:57 PM

So just a reminder that there is a hard fork due at block 1,300,000 but we don't know fully what it will contain. My initial thoughts are it's a simple enough hard fork to just calculate the staking rewards and if you're running the latest client, you probably don't need to do anything.

My guess is that the hard fork will happen on 15 March, around 9am

WITH BITTORRENT, THE CATS OUT OF THE BAG
Pickleninja

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:10:44 PM

So just a reminder that there is a hard fork due at block 1,300,000 but we don't know fully what it will contain. My initial thoughts are it's a simple enough hard fork to just calculate the staking rewards and if you're running the latest client, you probably don't need to do anything.

15 march at 901am Tongue
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 06:36:50 AM

does that have any implications for release of a new version with extended functionality?
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: