Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:25:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436011 times)
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:21:28 AM

VTR cheap az chips. Scoop it up boys
Theres a 1 btc sell wall at 3.5k, and 2btc up to 3.6k.

Yeap. Good buys.

Did @dev apply for polo listing yet?

Don't think Dev is that concerned with more exchange listings right now. Besides, I don't think Polo would take a second look as it is - wait for torrent functionality Smiley.

Already discussed--its unlikely to be listed on polo for a variety of reasons. Mainly because polo is US-based.

Bittrex is based in the US.

So is BitTorrent.

Agreed. But I think Polo is a bit more stringent with certain projects. Let's see what happens anyway.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:45:12 AM

As there is another fork due soon can someone (hint hint dev) do a summary of where the project is and where it is going?
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 09:39:03 AM

As there is another fork due soon can someone (hint hint dev) do a summary of where the project is and where it is going?

Perhaps a draft summary which can be edited by a few people around here might be a good idea?

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 09:53:02 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2017, 11:19:03 AM by coins101

So this is an unfiltered brain dump.

I met this guy once many years ago who set up in business decades before I met him listening to random radio stations around the world. He is now a fairly rich man.

Huh Huh

How did he make money from listening to the radio?

The clever little fucker would write to the radio station and demand royalty payments for songs that they had played. He would then send those royalty payments to the music company which owned the rights to the music - or whatever royalty collection system they had going.

If a radio station said they had a system for paying royalties, he would ask for proof and that would be that. But in a lot of cases, people would tell him to go away and that's when he knew he had caught a fish. He would then go after that radio station and ask for payment for lots of different songs going over an extended period of time.

That's it.

Stations would pay up after a long back-n-forth and he would then pass on money and keep some.

The radio stations didn't really need to pay him anything. But they figured it would probably escalate.

What started out as a fairly opportunist business model, turned out to be a clever business move. He now has an expensive ex-wife to maintain, several big houses, a regular hooker, some great cars and several staff. Oh, he also gets invited to celebrity drinks and parties because he is their hero for collecting money from random places all around the world.

So this brain dump: It would be interesting to find a way to facilitate take-down notices on the blockchain. One of the issues with the take down approach at the moment is that it costs rights holders quite a lot of money and it's a logistical nightmare for them.

What if you could create rewards for individuals to issue take-down notices on your behalf and there would be a record of that notice. Valid and accepted notices could then be paid by the rights holders with money being split amongst all those that had issued a valid notice which was accepted  Cool

edit

So the brain dump has been turning into something more tangible and better.

You'll have to wait for something worth waiting for on where that brain fart is going.

Pickleninja

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 03:42:41 PM

So this is an unfiltered brain dump.

I met this guy once many years ago who set up in business decades before I met him listening to random radio stations around the world. He is now a fairly rich man.

Huh Huh

How did he make money from listening to the radio?

The clever little fucker would write to the radio station and demand royalty payments for songs that they had played. He would then send those royalty payments to the music company which owned the rights to the music - or whatever royalty collection system they had going.

If a radio station said they had a system for paying royalties, he would ask for proof and that would be that. But in a lot of cases, people would tell him to go away and that's when he knew he had caught a fish. He would then go after that radio station and ask for payment for lots of different songs going over an extended period of time.

That's it.

Stations would pay up after a long back-n-forth and he would then pass on money and keep some.

The radio stations didn't really need to pay him anything. But they figured it would probably escalate.

What started out as a fairly opportunist business model, turned out to be a clever business move. He now has an expensive ex-wife to maintain, several big houses, a regular hooker, some great cars and several staff. Oh, he also gets invited to celebrity drinks and parties because he is their hero for collecting money from random places all around the world.

So this brain dump: It would be interesting to find a way to facilitate take-down notices on the blockchain. One of the issues with the take down approach at the moment is that it costs rights holders quite a lot of money and it's a logistical nightmare for them.

What if you could create rewards for individuals to issue take-down notices on your behalf and there would be a record of that notice. Valid and accepted notices could then be paid by the rights holders with money being split amongst all those that had issued a valid notice which was accepted  Cool

edit

So the brain dump has been turning into something more tangible and better.

You'll have to wait for something worth waiting for on where that brain fart is going.

That seems like something best suited for a centralized system...

However if i were to spitball a solution I'd say you'd have to do something like this...

1. Timestamp the upload (easy)
2. Run audio files through a system like sound hound.
3. If a match is found, remove the older version.

Now this would only work if the original artist uploaded first.

If i were to upload the rolling stones, who knows...

-pickle
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 03:55:32 PM

That seems like something best suited for a centralized system...

However if i were to spitball a solution I'd say you'd have to do something like this...

1. Timestamp the upload (easy)
2. Run audio files through a system like sound hound.
3. If a match is found, remove the older version.

Now this would only work if the original artist uploaded first.

If i were to upload the rolling stones, who knows...

-pickle

Cool. I kinda like your solution  Cool
Pickleninja

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:22:35 AM

How much longer? March 8th @601pm?

-pickle
blg42598

Activity: 867

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:36:16 AM

Is the vtorrent rewarding users who upload? Does it cost to download?
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 06:23:38 AM

The torrent system is not in the wallet. So we don't know.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 09:26:27 AM

Who fancies a little gamble?

The bet is weather we go live or not after the last fork? For 5000 VTR.

I'm betting we won't, who wants to take me up on it?

It's a 50/50 gamble.

No noob accounts.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:07:03 AM

It's a 50/50 gamble.

No noob accounts.

The client is already live. The network is already, err, networking.

You've already lost that bet. Feel free to donate it to charity on our behalf.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:09:21 AM

From the information provided by the devs in the past, it seems like:

* Option to charge for making your files available.
* For those choosing to download your files, they will be charged based on bandwidth. You get the benefit of that payment.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:49:39 AM

It's a 50/50 gamble.

No noob accounts.

You taking that bet? If you so confident that will finally go live, i.e. torrents on the chain.

Are you a gambling man coins? It's only 5k, I bet your bag is decent.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 01:43:33 PM

It's a 50/50 gamble.

No noob accounts.

You taking that bet? If you so confident that will finally go live, i.e. torrents on the chain.

If I took your bet, you'd still lose the second we made the wager.

We will 100% go live after the last fork. But that could be at anytime. You've stated your bet based on a set of words that go against you.

I'm just protecting you from yourself  Grin
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:41:58 PM

It's a 50/50 gamble.

No noob accounts.

We will 100% go live after the last fork. But that could be at anytime. You've stated your bet based on a set of words that go against you.

When I say after the fork, I mean within a week or so.

I really don't mind losing 5K if we go live.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:23:10 PM

The problem with your bet is that I basically agree with you.

The next hard fork will likely just be the wallets switching to a new formula for calculating interest on staking coins. We probably don't need to do anything unless there is a problem with the switch and blocks get stuck.

So I'm not really expecting a new wallet to be announced as part of the hard fork.

So the question is - when will a new updated client be announced?

This has two main aspects to it:

* what upgrades will it contain?
* will one of those upgrades be the release of the BitTorrent tab and the enabling of the BitTorrent functionality which is already a switch in the code waiting to be turned on?

Well, that's just a guessing game. Which is why I basically agree with you.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:44:54 PM

The next hard fork will likely just be the wallets switching to a new formula for calculating interest on staking coins. We probably don't need to do anything unless there is a problem with the switch and blocks get stuck.

So I'm not really expecting a new wallet to be announced as part of the hard fork.

* will one of those upgrades be the release of the BitTorrent tab and the enabling of the BitTorrent functionality which is already a switch in the code waiting to be turned on?

I hope we do finally get a working bittorrent tab, we have waited a very, very, very, long time, some would call us mad for holding this long.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:47:11 PM

I hope we do finally get a working bittorrent tab, we have waited a very, very, very, long time, some would call us mad for holding this long.

Considering the status of other projects in this space there aren't very many competitors.

JoyStream hasn't posted an update in 2 whole years.
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 05:55:35 PM

It's a 50/50 gamble.

No noob accounts.

What the fuck u silly baboons wager whether its dead or not after the forking.. If I had put a bid on this I would have won before this convo started. Whatever u tell each other VTR shall not be thought of as an alive / kicking coin. Its a snipcoin designed to play a second fiddle to IMPCH Impeachment coin.

Pickleninja

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:33:28 PM

It's a 50/50 gamble.

No noob accounts.

What the fuck u silly baboons wager whether its dead or not after the forking.. If I had put a bid on this I would have won before this convo started. Whatever u tell each other VTR shall not be thought of as an alive / kicking coin. Its a snipcoin designed to play a second fiddle to IMPCH Impeachment coin.

Lol... trump/putin coin old hat already?
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: