Bitcoin Forum
October 04, 2026, 07:52:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436828 times)
Zer0Sum
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000


View Profile
January 31, 2017, 02:53:39 AM
 #3501

So, does vtorrent let you download torrents or? :/

Also, any alternatives to pirate bay left?

It works perfectly through these proxies.

http://www.piratebayproxylist.co/
techniumunlimited
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 214
Merit: 12


View Profile
January 31, 2017, 04:02:14 AM
 #3502

Any other torrent decentralization projects?
l8orre
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1194
Merit: 1022


View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:05:03 AM
 #3503

Any other torrent decentralization projects?

Good Question! I am watching this closely because it is one of the killer apps out there, but there seems to be no real roadmap or measurable progress here.
If the dev only pops up every two weeks- does he do so at least reliably?
And what about the closed source part? I haven't had time to go through the open source part of the code to find what is missing- can anyone maybe post some info on how those two parts relate to another? Thanks!
CryptoSporidium
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 405
Merit: 250


View Profile
January 31, 2017, 10:35:19 AM
 #3504

Any other torrent decentralization projects?

Good Question! I am watching this closely because it is one of the killer apps out there, but there seems to be no real roadmap or measurable progress here.
If the dev only pops up every two weeks- does he do so at least reliably?
And what about the closed source part? I haven't had time to go through the open source part of the code to find what is missing- can anyone maybe post some info on how those two parts relate to another? Thanks!

Good returns will hopefully come from the known unknowns cominig to fruition,  it's the unknown unknowns that boggle the mind, dev might pull a rabbit out of his hat... not many known knowns here
coins101
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002



View Profile
January 31, 2017, 11:11:56 AM
 #3505

Any other torrent decentralization projects?

Good Question! I am watching this closely because it is one of the killer apps out there, but there seems to be no real roadmap or measurable progress here.
If the dev only pops up every two weeks- does he do so at least reliably?
And what about the closed source part? I haven't had time to go through the open source part of the code to find what is missing- can anyone maybe post some info on how those two parts relate to another? Thanks!

The closed source part is the 2FA security feature.  vTorrent is the only crypto project that has this feature. Given that torrents can sometimes be linked with malware, it's good to know your coins will be safe with a password and the 2FA. To stake you can open the wallet using a password and still keep secure with 2FA.

Technically the devs can keep the 2FA part closed source if they release a wallet build without it. It's not needed to operate the client.

They did say they would consider open sourcing the 2FA part when the project was ready enough and established enough to escape the copy cats that will come and claim they did everything first.

I have seen image snippets of a seed ratio running off the client. You only get a ratio calculation if you are uploading and downloading torrents.

Video on how to use vTorrent 2FA
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WvosnjGxnNM
pineapple216
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 9
Merit: 0


View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:16:37 PM
 #3506

Does anyone have a working config file or list of nodes to add?
I can't get my mac client to sync.
Cryptoadvice_82
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 329
Merit: 250



View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 06:19:08 PM
 #3507

Does anyone have a working config file or list of nodes to add?
I can't get my mac client to sync.

You only need to add this:
addnode=vtrseed.cloudns.asia

But here you can find additional nodes to add:
http://cryptoguru.tk/NetworkInfo/index.php?Currency=VTR



▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ████████████
              ██████████
               ████████
                ██████
                 ████
                  ██
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|



                   ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌




   ▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███




             ▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀




     ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
pineapple216
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 9
Merit: 0


View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:25:00 PM
 #3508

Does anyone have a working config file or list of nodes to add?
I can't get my mac client to sync.

You only need to add this:
addnode=vtrseed.cloudns.asia

But here you can find additional nodes to add:
/NetworkInfo/index.php?Currency=VTR]http://[Suspicious link removed]/NetworkInfo/index.php?Currency=VTR

It's working, thanks Smiley
scaryvirus
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 570
Merit: 500


View Profile
January 31, 2017, 07:06:50 PM
 #3509

Page 1 didn't have white paper and no website. Any chance last 181 pages had something like white paper? I'm real excited about these projects.
ik_do
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 522
Merit: 500


View Profile
January 31, 2017, 08:00:08 PM
 #3510

Page 1 didn't have white paper and no website. Any chance last 181 pages had something like white paper? I'm real excited about these projects.

This is a long-term investment (if you're so inclined) and to give you some accurate idea of this project please see the following quotes from dev:"

Quote
"The main reason that I have implemented the trading feature in vTorrent client is that I want the user to be able to do everything vTorrent related from the client itself."

Quote
"For people who are new to vTorrent or new to Crypto-Currency, they wouldn't have to go look around or look up google to find their way to get their first VTR. With trading feature in place, user can learn about Bittrex or any other exchange that trades VTR and transfer VTR between exchanges right from our client."

Quote
"In my opinion, in order to have any success in having people outside crypto community to adapt and use our software or currency, there are a lot of issues that should be taking care of such as problem with slow blockchain syncing on every run or inadequate wallet security which tends to be overlooked."

Quote
"I sincerely apologize for the delays and absent in this thread due to an unforeseen issue with my real life project/business this month, but I am still working on this project and I do intend to move forward with vTorrent."

Quote
"I have spent countless hours trying to help users (and users in other coin) with their wallet problems and I am still holding some of our users fixed corrupted wallet.dat with total amount of 60-70k with their password for months now.

Quote
"Torrent implementation has always been my main focus and first priority of this project, in fact, there are also a lot more going on in the background"

Quote
"I don't see the need of hyping or promoting the feature before everything is ready or at least come close to fruition."

Quote
if you don't believe in our project, feel free to find some project with 'whitepaper' ready

You can google these for the correct attributions directly to dev, but these are some choice quotes I copy/pasted to another investor yesterday to explain this project. I fully realize these would be more useful with a direct link to the dev's posts (vTorrent dev) however I didn't do this at the time because I'm as lazy as you are (not willing to review the past 180 pages again) and I'm providing these quotes from the dev cycle purely as a convenience to you. Do your own research and fact checking.

I can personally vouch that all of these quotes are direct from dev--if you can disprove me then do so, but I can't be screwed to go through 180 pages of posts to prove so. I'm sure any of the long term investors can reply here to vouch for the quotes here as being valid or you can spend the time (google) to prove that they are valid (I assure you I don't have the free time to pretend quotes belong to someone when they don't)

Again this isn't a typical cryptocurrency. At any point in time the dev could've photoshopped some screenshots and promised super big hype for a release promising 10,000 features over the past 2 years, but they haven't. At any point in time the dev could've taken the several users who had corrupted wallets and walked off with their money--instead the dev spent the time and fixed the wallets (at least I'm speaking for myself and I haven't seen anyone on here complain so far).

Either you believe in the project, or you find something you're more comfortable investing in. The dev honestly doesn't seem to give a shit to what you, I or other people believe and if you're on this page and investing then you believe in what the dev may deliver in the near future. The idea of this project is certainly extremely unique and no one else has acutally provided a proven, coded, released & tested alternative to date Period.

You either believe in dev's vision or you don't.
ankylotic
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 477
Merit: 501



View Profile
January 31, 2017, 08:18:38 PM
 #3511

I still have high hopes for vTorrent, it was the original and even thought development is slow I am a long term holder. Wallet is unique, especially once torrents work in it. Also lets not forget that this project was the first to add 2FA to its wallet. Check Youtube for video on how to use it, they are pretty good.
l8orre
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1194
Merit: 1022


View Profile
January 31, 2017, 09:04:08 PM
 #3512


You can google these for the correct attributions directly to dev, but these are some choice quotes


Thanks for putting this together - I would not expect links to 180 pages of thread, this gives some impression of the devs self confidence..
coins101
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002



View Profile
January 31, 2017, 09:31:29 PM
 #3513

This is some of what they had in mind when starting out


"TPB but without servers or domain names that can be seized."
   This is exactly what we're hoping to achieved and it is a big part of it.
omega0
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 159
Merit: 10


View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:58:51 AM
 #3514

Page 1 didn't have white paper and no website. Any chance last 181 pages had something like white paper? I'm real excited about these projects.

This is a long-term investment (if you're so inclined) and to give you some accurate idea of this project please see the following quotes from dev:"

Quote
"The main reason that I have implemented the trading feature in vTorrent client is that I want the user to be able to do everything vTorrent related from the client itself."

Quote
"For people who are new to vTorrent or new to Crypto-Currency, they wouldn't have to go look around or look up google to find their way to get their first VTR. With trading feature in place, user can learn about Bittrex or any other exchange that trades VTR and transfer VTR between exchanges right from our client."

Quote
"In my opinion, in order to have any success in having people outside crypto community to adapt and use our software or currency, there are a lot of issues that should be taking care of such as problem with slow blockchain syncing on every run or inadequate wallet security which tends to be overlooked."

Quote
"I sincerely apologize for the delays and absent in this thread due to an unforeseen issue with my real life project/business this month, but I am still working on this project and I do intend to move forward with vTorrent."

Quote
"I have spent countless hours trying to help users (and users in other coin) with their wallet problems and I am still holding some of our users fixed corrupted wallet.dat with total amount of 60-70k with their password for months now.

Quote
"Torrent implementation has always been my main focus and first priority of this project, in fact, there are also a lot more going on in the background"

Quote
"I don't see the need of hyping or promoting the feature before everything is ready or at least come close to fruition."

Quote
if you don't believe in our project, feel free to find some project with 'whitepaper' ready

You can google these for the correct attributions directly to dev, but these are some choice quotes I copy/pasted to another investor yesterday to explain this project. I fully realize these would be more useful with a direct link to the dev's posts (vTorrent dev) however I didn't do this at the time because I'm as lazy as you are (not willing to review the past 180 pages again) and I'm providing these quotes from the dev cycle purely as a convenience to you. Do your own research and fact checking.

I can personally vouch that all of these quotes are direct from dev--if you can disprove me then do so, but I can't be screwed to go through 180 pages of posts to prove so. I'm sure any of the long term investors can reply here to vouch for the quotes here as being valid or you can spend the time (google) to prove that they are valid (I assure you I don't have the free time to pretend quotes belong to someone when they don't)

Again this isn't a typical cryptocurrency. At any point in time the dev could've photoshopped some screenshots and promised super big hype for a release promising 10,000 features over the past 2 years, but they haven't. At any point in time the dev could've taken the several users who had corrupted wallets and walked off with their money--instead the dev spent the time and fixed the wallets (at least I'm speaking for myself and I haven't seen anyone on here complain so far).

Either you believe in the project, or you find something you're more comfortable investing in. The dev honestly doesn't seem to give a shit to what you, I or other people believe and if you're on this page and investing then you believe in what the dev may deliver in the near future. The idea of this project is certainly extremely unique and no one else has acutally provided a proven, coded, released & tested alternative to date Period.

You either believe in dev's vision or you don't.

i don't ask the white paper, but an overview of how it should work this project. Right now, why should I invest in this? nothing is explained
leigh2k14
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000



View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:39:53 PM
 #3515

Page 1 didn't have white paper and no website. Any chance last 181 pages had something like white paper? I'm real excited about these projects.

This is a long-term investment (if you're so inclined) and to give you some accurate idea of this project please see the following quotes from dev:"

Quote
"The main reason that I have implemented the trading feature in vTorrent client is that I want the user to be able to do everything vTorrent related from the client itself."

Quote
"For people who are new to vTorrent or new to Crypto-Currency, they wouldn't have to go look around or look up google to find their way to get their first VTR. With trading feature in place, user can learn about Bittrex or any other exchange that trades VTR and transfer VTR between exchanges right from our client."

Quote
"In my opinion, in order to have any success in having people outside crypto community to adapt and use our software or currency, there are a lot of issues that should be taking care of such as problem with slow blockchain syncing on every run or inadequate wallet security which tends to be overlooked."

Quote
"I sincerely apologize for the delays and absent in this thread due to an unforeseen issue with my real life project/business this month, but I am still working on this project and I do intend to move forward with vTorrent."

Quote
"I have spent countless hours trying to help users (and users in other coin) with their wallet problems and I am still holding some of our users fixed corrupted wallet.dat with total amount of 60-70k with their password for months now.

Quote
"Torrent implementation has always been my main focus and first priority of this project, in fact, there are also a lot more going on in the background"

Quote
"I don't see the need of hyping or promoting the feature before everything is ready or at least come close to fruition."

Quote
if you don't believe in our project, feel free to find some project with 'whitepaper' ready

You can google these for the correct attributions directly to dev, but these are some choice quotes I copy/pasted to another investor yesterday to explain this project. I fully realize these would be more useful with a direct link to the dev's posts (vTorrent dev) however I didn't do this at the time because I'm as lazy as you are (not willing to review the past 180 pages again) and I'm providing these quotes from the dev cycle purely as a convenience to you. Do your own research and fact checking.

I can personally vouch that all of these quotes are direct from dev--if you can disprove me then do so, but I can't be screwed to go through 180 pages of posts to prove so. I'm sure any of the long term investors can reply here to vouch for the quotes here as being valid or you can spend the time (google) to prove that they are valid (I assure you I don't have the free time to pretend quotes belong to someone when they don't)

Again this isn't a typical cryptocurrency. At any point in time the dev could've photoshopped some screenshots and promised super big hype for a release promising 10,000 features over the past 2 years, but they haven't. At any point in time the dev could've taken the several users who had corrupted wallets and walked off with their money--instead the dev spent the time and fixed the wallets (at least I'm speaking for myself and I haven't seen anyone on here complain so far).

Either you believe in the project, or you find something you're more comfortable investing in. The dev honestly doesn't seem to give a shit to what you, I or other people believe and if you're on this page and investing then you believe in what the dev may deliver in the near future. The idea of this project is certainly extremely unique and no one else has acutally provided a proven, coded, released & tested alternative to date Period.

You either believe in dev's vision or you don't.

i don't ask the white paper, but an overview of how it should work this project. Right now, why should I invest in this? nothing is explained

What VTR is trying to achieve put simply is a decentralised torrent client that does not rely on any central site like the pirate bay. Magnet links will be stored on the blockchain, and searchable via the QT wallet, this will solve any form of censorship, as everyone will have the magnet links stored on their chain in their wallet, so no third party required. Organisations like the MPAA who have lobbying governments globally, to get ISP's to sensor torrent sites, if you look at my country, the UK, it's getting harder and harder to access these sites, so VTR will solve this problem.

This is just one aspect of what VTR is trying to do, there any many more aspects such as selling access to private trackers and monetizing torrents, do some more research, read through the thread, from page 100 onwards would be a good place to start.


●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●





▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
 
Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●

●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
l8orre
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1194
Merit: 1022


View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:12:39 PM
 #3516


What VTR is trying to achieve put simply is a decentralised torrent client that does not rely on any central site like the pirate bay.
...
read through the thread, from page 100 onwards would be a good place to start.

Thanks, this should give me some impression too- I started with pages up to maybe ten, and then the latest 15 or so...
l8orre
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1194
Merit: 1022


View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:35:27 PM
 #3517



If we need more trolls, I'll look into purchasing a couple of Hero or Legendary accounts and we can use them as sockpuppets. Maybe we can arrange some kind of troll account sharing so we get regular troll posts.

... looool! HAHAHA- I am sure you can borrow a bunch of first grade Trolls from WAVES or IOTA platforms, they got plenty!
and if you treat them nicely, you can maybe even breed them! In any case, they make for lively discussions and a lot of fun!
But also they require a lof of attention and caretaking, so maybe don't get too many at once for starters!  Cheesy Cheesy Grin
_nur
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 308
Merit: 250


View Profile
February 01, 2017, 05:02:09 PM
 #3518

why no website... great idea no website?
leigh2k14
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000



View Profile
February 01, 2017, 05:38:19 PM
 #3519

why no website... great idea no website?
The dev is anon, and most prob would like to remain anon, given the scope of the project, he/they would be painting a target on their back.


●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●





▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
 
Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●

●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
coins101
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002



View Profile
February 01, 2017, 06:39:31 PM
 #3520

why no website... great idea no website?
The dev is anon, and most prob would like to remain anon, given the scope of the project, he/they would be painting a target on their back.

There is a website in production - like, right now.
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 263 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!