Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:16:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436010 times)
digitalgrow

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:29:44 PM

(Dev said 2 weeks if beta goes well?).....let's hope it does

Read through his post history. I'm not sure he said what you are hoping for.

This isn't a quick out the door pump n'dump project.

Yep, Ive been here since week 1 of mining and still holding 75% of my original coins, this coin has been under the radar and thankfully void of any pump n dump so far, we've had a nice healthy rise since the hundreds and settling in new higher ranges every few weeks

Keep up the hard work Dev and we will all be rewarded in due time
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kyma

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:41:42 PM

*We will need some kind of rating system for the community to filter out bad torrents.

*SEEDERS WILL NEED GOOD INCENTIVES TO KEEP TORRENTS HEALTHY

* We will need a way to moderate the torrents somehow so it doesn't get filled up with viruses and spam. I think the only way to do this would be a rating system? Also I am a member of some very large private torrent groups that have been around for years. IPTORRENTS.COM ... etc I can put word out there and get these guys over here. They will have many great ideas and a lot of good content to bring on board. Iptorrents.com is an amazing site btw. All about speed and rewarding its seeders to encourage a healthy community.

Regarding incentivized seeding, I completely agree, this would create a very healthy community and prevent wasted space from spammy torrents or dead links with no host.

One option I have frequently thought about:

Many private trackers utilize seed/leech ratios. A project like vTorrent could easily incorporate something similar using a platform token (VTR) to maintain ratios. For instance, seeders get rewarded VTR from purse of individual leeching/receiving the file. Upon connecting to a peer, a smart contract is initialized that binds the downloader/recipient of the file to reimburse the seeder proportional to their contributions. Once the file is complete, contract is fulfilled and all seeders are sent tokens proportional to the MB they successfully seeded to the client which downloaded the file. I haven't yet figured out how decide on an agreeable rate of MB/VTR ...possibly incorporating the current exchange rate? Only other option I see working to maintain equilibrium is by implementing a nuBits type of systems...as you wouldn't want to create a barrier to entry for individuals who cant afford to buy tokens and can't earn any by uploading new content.

Just a thought experiment, but I do see an awfully large potential.

qwep
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:04:49 PM

*We will need some kind of rating system for the community to filter out bad torrents.

*SEEDERS WILL NEED GOOD INCENTIVES TO KEEP TORRENTS HEALTHY

* We will need a way to moderate the torrents somehow so it doesn't get filled up with viruses and spam. I think the only way to do this would be a rating system? Also I am a member of some very large private torrent groups that have been around for years. IPTORRENTS.COM ... etc I can put word out there and get these guys over here. They will have many great ideas and a lot of good content to bring on board. Iptorrents.com is an amazing site btw. All about speed and rewarding its seeders to encourage a healthy community.

Regarding incentivized seeding, I completely agree, this would create a very healthy community and prevent wasted space from spammy torrents or dead links with no host.

One option I have frequently thought about:

Many private trackers utilize seed/leech ratios. A project like vTorrent could easily incorporate something similar using a platform token (VTR) to maintain ratios. For instance, seeders get rewarded VTR from purse of individual leeching/receiving the file. Upon connecting to a peer, a smart contract is initialized that binds the downloader/recipient of the file to reimburse the seeder proportional to their contributions. Once the file is complete, contract is fulfilled and all seeders are sent tokens proportional to the MB they successfully seeded to the client which downloaded the file. I haven't yet figured out how decide on an agreeable rate of MB/VTR ...possibly incorporating the current exchange rate? Only other option I see working to maintain equilibrium is by implementing a nuBits type of systems...as you wouldn't want to create a barrier to entry for individuals who cant afford to buy tokens and can't earn any by uploading new content.

Just a thought experiment, but I do see an awfully large potential.

Great to see a community putting ideas and great observations together.
ancientOne1

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:20:00 PM

Also I am a member of some very large private torrent groups that have been around for years. IPTORRENTS.COM ... etc I can put word out there and get these guys over here. They will have many great ideas and a lot of good content to bring on board. Iptorrents.com is an amazing site btw.

Always good to hear the opinions from some experienced people in the field.
rakesh1_90

Activity: 686

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:51:18 PM

Bought all my coins at 300 sats waiting for the right time to dump!
j0nn9

Activity: 177
Merit: 153

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 10:35:02 PM

@vtorrent

Any reason why you didn't froked https://github.com/vtorrent/vTorrent-Client from ShadowCoin, or whatever coin you took as source.

This is considered as "bad practise", because all the git history is lost!

We cannot verify you didn't made any malicious changes to the original source code.
Not forking implies either bad intentions or lack of skills.

Anyway I like your project and hope it succeeds, but the people here should get some good answers.

Gapcoin - The largest, decentralized prime gap search
digitalgrow

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:39:10 PM

Sold all my coins at 300 sats waiting for the right time to dump!

Lol you knobhead! Everyone knows you got rekd on SBIT and VIOR (and 5 other coins going by the quote on your profile) whilst bashing on this project and its Dev

Feels nice seeing the price rise knowing a scumbag like you is getting hurt cos he sold his coins for 300 sat Cheesy
killacam8888

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:16:57 AM

Lol you knobhead! Everyone knows you got rekd on SBIT and VIOR (and 5 other coins going by the quote on your profile) whilst bashing on this project and its Dev

Feels nice seeing the price rise knowing a scumbag like you is getting hurt cos he sold his coins for 300 sat Cheesy

Ahah good to see you here DigitalGrow. You seem intelligent and follow good coins.
digitalgrow

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:53:32 AM

Ahah good to see you here DigitalGrow. You seem intelligent and follow good coins.

haha thanks buddy Smiley I've been on this coin from the beginning like a few others such as Coins101 and we've had faith in the Dev, and so far he has repaid the faith by working on the coins features. Of course people want quick results in this game but Im happy to be patient and let the Dev get on with his thing and then BOOM outta nowhere we get the torrents implemented!

I hate giving price predictions on any coin but most experienced alt traders know when a coin releases a unique feature combined with a limited supply of available coins the price moves real high real quick, without mentioning any names the last coin to have that combo had a real big jump up and caused such a stir in the alt scene it led to the whole #altsareback Cheesy

Good luck guys and lets support the Dev when the new beta wallet testing comes out
killacam8888

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 04:07:01 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 05:45:40 AM by killacam8888

haha thanks buddy Smiley I've been on this coin from the beginning like a few others such as Coins101 and we've had faith in the Dev, and so far he has repaid the faith by working on the coins features. Of course people want quick results in this game but Im happy to be patient and let the Dev get on with his thing and then BOOM outta nowhere we get the torrents implemented!

I hate giving price predictions on any coin but most experienced alt traders know when a coin releases a unique feature combined with a limited supply of available coins the price moves real high real quick, without mentioning any names the last coin to have that combo had a real big jump up and caused such a stir in the alt scene it led to the whole #altsareback Cheesy

Good luck guys and lets support the Dev when the new beta wallet testing comes out

Well said. This could be huge...i mean wikileaks on STEROIDS. One of the torrent catagories could be Leaked Information...You could have prices on super valuable information that cant be taken down...so many possibilities my mind wont stop thinking it hurts..

Only thing makes me wonder is why hasn't anyone else attempted this yet?...0 competition right now... This is a GREAT idea for a coin.

ALSO DEV: THE WINDOWS WALLET DOES NOT SCALE. I am not able to read anything pretty much...( cant read balance or any other details. most of the text is cut off and not scaled properly) I tried the windows classic and the windows client builds both latest ones. This should be fixed asap as it is a major turn off to windows investors who want to have a safe windows wallet....we cant even read anything in there. Please fix the text. Thank you and i will continue to support this project.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:52:12 AM

Hi, how does VTR compare to FLO/Alexandria?
They are competitors, aren't they?
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:33:40 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 02:48:51 PM by coins101

Hi, how does VTR compare to FLO/Alexandria?
They are competitors, aren't they?

Does it matter?

Its tough competing with Bitcoin if you are going after the currency space.

But how many torrents are out there that do a brisk trade?  Torrents are the Nr.1 use case for p2p systems, by volume of users.

If anything, a nice group of projects sharing data might make for an interesting new world.  

If rights holders work with projects like VTR, then everyone wins. If they don't, who can stop this type of genie once its out of the bottle?  It would be easier to throw the off switch on the internet.

Supporting the VTR price up to $100m will grab the attention of devs everywhere, and BOOM! Crypto and Torrents are mainstream.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:52:55 PM

Hi coins101, I am invested and interested in both, I'd just be interested in the main differences, if there are important ones.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:18:06 PM

Hi coins101, I am invested and interested in both, I'd just be interested in the main differences, if there are important ones.

I could tell you, but then I'd have to shoot you  Grin

Sorry. Poor attempt at humour. I have not reviewed FLO. Give me a few days.

Also, Mr vTorrent has explained what his vision is for the project. You would need to track back through some of the first 3-15 pages with Q&A on broad road map.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:19:53 PM

PR guy wants to know which publications the community thinks are worth pursuing next?

Mainstream media is on the list, but it might be too early for that.
killacam8888

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:31:33 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 03:43:44 AM by killacam8888

PR guy wants to know which publications the community thinks are worth pursuing next?

Mainstream media is on the list, but it might be too early for that.

Its about time we start getting a community formed around this coin. Im not worried about the price either, but for god sakes it really does seem very under valued atm. I can see this hovering around 10 cents even before a working torrent release, so many other coins with no use case are worth more and the community is still awaiting the main piece of the pie. Im very glad i found this project. Seems like we already have some very intelligent minds here to help fuel this and push it in the right direction. Ill be watching, and believe me if my gut tells me to invest more i will.

A FEW QUESTIONS:

1. How many new VTR are minted per year?

2. What happens when the max vtr limit is reached is this like Bitcoin?

3. I am a crypto noob overall so sorry for dumb questions but does this currency gain interest as i leave it in the wallet or stake it?

4. what incentives will there be for people to hold VTR ?

5.  could people open their own VTR market pages? - We should have a profile system with avatars built in to the wallet... make VTR the facebook of torrents friends and family will be sharing and trading content between each other it will be a beautiful thing.  Remember one of the devs goals is to bring others into crypto and this is a great way to do this.

imagine the content on VTR:

XBOX/MOVIES/PS4 GAMES/ MUSIC DAYS OR WEEKS OR MONTHS BEFORE RELEASE? - HIGH VTR PRICES

My mind is still racing with ideas....everyone should just brainstorm and throw some at me too. Good for the dev as well. Lets make this project unstoppable.

DEV: WINDOWS WALLET NEEDS AN UPDATE PLEASE! SCALING ISSUES WITH THE TEXT IN WALLET, IT IS CUT OFF. WALLET IS NOT READABLE AT ALL
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:47:54 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 09:08:28 AM by coins101

^^^very interesting. Got me thinking about the project in a slightly different way.  Cool

edit

So I put my thinking cap on and I have a suggestion for discussion.

The outstanding coin supply will be used to provide PoS interest payments.

Why not reduce the PoS interest payments and allocate a significant proportion of the yet to be distributed coins to seeders based on a number of factors (factors to be proposed)?

Those who lose out on full interest will still get something, but more importantly they get a network of people that are incentived to share. The more sharing that goes on, the more users will be attracted, the greater the value of the coins in circulation.
vtorrent (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 12:57:52 PM

Hello killacam8888,

By network protocol specification, VTR's Proof-of-stake interest is at 5% per year, but number of new VTR minted per year will also depends on the amount of VTR being staked in the network.

As of now, there is no hard coded maximum supply limit in VTR network protocol specification.

3. I am a crypto noob overall so sorry for dumb questions but does this currency gain interest as i leave it in the wallet or stake it?

VTR holder could support the network and gain interest by staking based on any amount of VTR holding in their balance with minimum coin age of 6 hours in an unlocked running client.

Stakers in Proof of Stake network is no different than Seeders which consider as backbone of the BitTorrent network.

As of now with vTorrent project still in early stage, there are little to no incentive (apart from speculation) for holding VTR such as holding to gain interest.

This is, however, should change dramatically once there are more features implement in our client, especially after torrents related features are implemented which also aim to fix BitTorrent network incentive to encourage peers to seed.

5. could people open their own VTR market pages? ...

Having users to be able to share and trade content with each other is one of the feature in the works for our torrent implementation, it will most likely be build upon current massaging protocol in our client.

DEV: WINDOWS WALLET NEEDS AN UPDATE PLEASE! SCALING ISSUES WITH THE TEXT IN WALLET, IT IS CUT OFF. WALLET IS NOT READABLE AT ALL

Please PM me the screenshot of the issue and details about operating system you are running.

Thank you all for your interest and ideas to support our project.

Regards,

vTorrent
killacam8888

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:44:46 PM

Hello killacam8888,

By network protocol specification, VTR's Proof-of-stake interest is at 5% per year, but number of new VTR minted per year will also depends on the amount of VTR being staked in the network.

As of now, there is no hard coded maximum supply limit in VTR network protocol specification.

VTR holder could support the network and gain interest by staking based on any amount of VTR holding in their balance with minimum coin age of 6 hours in an unlocked running client.

Stakers in Proof of Stake network is no different than Seeders which consider as backbone of the BitTorrent network.

As of now with vTorrent project still in early stage, there are little to no incentive (apart from speculation) for holding VTR such as holding to gain interest.

This is, however, should change dramatically once there are more features implement in our client, especially after torrents related features are implemented which also aim to fix BitTorrent network incentive to encourage peers to seed.

5. could people open their own VTR market pages? ...

Having users to be able to share and trade content with each other is one of the feature in the works for our torrent implementation, it will most likely be build upon current massaging protocol in our client.

Please PM me the screenshot of the issue and details about operating system you are running.

Thank you all for your interest and ideas to support our project.

Regards,

vTorrent

Thank you very much for the quick response i have sent you those details in a PM.

Take care and good luck with the work! We will continue to invest and support this price if we see development/good communication continue.
Blazin8888

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:46:50 PM

BTW thats me^ this account was banned.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: