Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 05:05:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:32:04 PM

i just cant see a good rate of return buying 250k at 1000sats is 2.5btc = $686 weekly payment 0.01btc-0.02btc = $5.4 is it reall worth it. i would only ask that if it was reduced it would be much interesting and attractive. not worth it for me

In this ecosystem, there is no easy money. If you want to earn you have to actually do something, be it investment, offering services or even just mining. But keep in mind that as interest increases so does mining difficulty, and so does price. However , as the trust protocol matures Banks will be more willing to loan out funds. If we allow any small interest to have bank then we risk scammers running fly by night operations resulting in problems for the average user. The investment has to be large enough to discourage such people and also reflect the commitment of the owner to providing the service.

Allow me to correct you a little, then think over what i say.

It actually costs 1.8 BTC right now to purchase enough for a bank node. So let's do some math, since hashrate doubled over the last few hours.

You are now only mining ~ 2500 BCR a week,  at current rates that is 0.017 BTC. And that is mining with some serious hardware to compete in this environment.

Randomuser1 instead spends 3.6 BTC and sets up two nodes with an additional 25K BCR for operations. He is 1/20 existing nodes and earns ~ 2000 BCR per week for his nodes. He will earn 0.04 BTC per week just for having the nodes. This means 9 weeks his nodes are already in the black.

Because he is a bank he can now perform operations such as escrow, Insurance and contracts.

Say in the first week he takes a 80k BCR contract for development of the Android mobile wallet and negotiates investment insurance for 40K BCR @ 5% rate. He then manages to do the job with 70K BCR. He pays his insurance agent their 5% and keeps the rest. So of the 10K profit, he pays 2K insurance, leaving him with 8k BCR, or 0.16 BTC.

His total for that week is 0.2 BTC. Depending on how much liquid BCR he has , he may have taken on smaller jobs like insuring your payment for some odd jobs in the crypto-world. which can potentially increase his total earnings. The only limit to how any contracts he can do is his monetary constraints and demand for his services.

Say the next week a worthwhile individual  decides to start a new asset/coin but they lack the funds to pull it off, they approach hi as a bank to lend them the funds and help set it up, in exchange say for a 3 % premine, or a hard-coded 3% of every block. If it is a good investment that is managed well, the bank can make untold profits by indulging in such activity. This also benefits our ecosystem either through the insurance one may take out on their investment or by the resulting stimulus of the removal/addition of large chunks of coin at times, as well as attracting more users, investors and entrepreneurs.

Note that once a person starts turning a profit, they are likely to buy more BCR and expand their operations. This creates a lot of buy pressure, resulting in even higher prices.

At a later date, our random user may find that maintaining two different nodes is too much work, especially when they start processing loan requests. So he may decide to sell his node at a 20% profit. That is 300k BCR which may be worth 9 BTC or even more depending on market conditions.

The PoS fad has ruined the average user mentality in that they were getting used to easy money and forgot that real money, real profit, real crypto comes from work, development and business mentality. Now that people are wising up you see the majority of those coins are struggling and floundering. This is because there is no real ecosystem, it's just a flood of emissions without economic activity to support it.

It's not a hand outs system essentially a "what you kill is what you eat" system, where you only get something if you actually did something.
Miners earn small tx fees , nodes earn processing fees and banking tx fees. At times of surplus reserves they can be subsidized to encourage lending, in return users could use the funds to earn more.

So if you have a talent , say graphic design, you could potentially start as a normal user, but if you sell your warez for BCR you can potentially make enough to have a node of your own. Likely you can actually make the required 250K long before someone who tries to do it through mining only.

Don't get me wrong, mining is important, it gets the chain moving and also introduces new money , but what actually gets any economy moving is trade. So trade your skills/warez up the ladder.

LOL, that doesn't mean after a bank node is released that it will be dumped all in one chunk straight into the buy side of the market.  It just means that over time, your node will grow in value through early adoption.

A bank node is supposed to be worth a lot.  If this project is a success, they won't be available to your average joe.

Think about banks in real life...  could you buy one today?  It would take an enormous ammount of capital. 

I'm sure that if someone wanted to actually sell a node, they would find a private buyer.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:32:49 PM

do you think price will go up all the time. i think it won't as more nodes will be created and when nodes released big dumps because of the cut supply increase price model you have here. the only reason why someone would make a node is to make money of the increase right. now if they think price wont go up they wont buy as the weekly return would not be worth it at whatever level you buy

BN's will provide services, (loans, escrow etc.) for which they will earn remuneration. Are you getting it yet?

It's not all about the bloody price.  Tongue
wasref

Activity: 555
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:33:42 PM

i just cant see a good rate of return buying 250k at 1000sats is 2.5btc = $686 weekly payment 0.01btc-0.02btc = $5.4 is it reall worth it. i would only ask that if it was reduced it would be much interesting and attractive. not worth it for me

In this ecosystem, there is no easy money. If you want to earn you have to actually do something, be it investment, offering services or even just mining. But keep in mind that as interest increases so does mining difficulty, and so does price. However , as the trust protocol matures Banks will be more willing to loan out funds. If we allow any small interest to have bank then we risk scammers running fly by night operations resulting in problems for the average user. The investment has to be large enough to discourage such people and also reflect the commitment of the owner to providing the service.

Allow me to correct you a little, then think over what i say.

It actually costs 1.8 BTC right now to purchase enough for a bank node. So let's do some math, since hashrate doubled over the last few hours.

You are now only mining ~ 2500 BCR a week,  at current rates that is 0.017 BTC. And that is mining with some serious hardware to compete in this environment.

Randomuser1 instead spends 3.6 BTC and sets up two nodes with an additional 25K BCR for operations. He is 1/20 existing nodes and earns ~ 2000 BCR per week for his nodes. He will earn 0.04 BTC per week just for having the nodes. This means 9 weeks his nodes are already in the black.

Because he is a bank he can now perform operations such as escrow, Insurance and contracts.

Say in the first week he takes a 80k BCR contract for development of the Android mobile wallet and negotiates investment insurance for 40K BCR @ 5% rate. He then manages to do the job with 70K BCR. He pays his insurance agent their 5% and keeps the rest. So of the 10K profit, he pays 2K insurance, leaving him with 8k BCR, or 0.16 BTC.

His total for that week is 0.2 BTC. Depending on how much liquid BCR he has , he may have taken on smaller jobs like insuring your payment for some odd jobs in the crypto-world. which can potentially increase his total earnings. The only limit to how any contracts he can do is his monetary constraints and demand for his services.

Say the next week a worthwhile individual  decides to start a new asset/coin but they lack the funds to pull it off, they approach hi as a bank to lend them the funds and help set it up, in exchange say for a 3 % premine, or a hard-coded 3% of every block. If it is a good investment that is managed well, the bank can make untold profits by indulging in such activity. This also benefits our ecosystem either through the insurance one may take out on their investment or by the resulting stimulus of the removal/addition of large chunks of coin at times, as well as attracting more users, investors and entrepreneurs.

Note that once a person starts turning a profit, they are likely to buy more BCR and expand their operations. This creates a lot of buy pressure, resulting in even higher prices.

At a later date, our random user may find that maintaining two different nodes is too much work, especially when they start processing loan requests. So he may decide to sell his node at a 20% profit. That is 300k BCR which may be worth 9 BTC or even more depending on market conditions.

The PoS fad has ruined the average user mentality in that they were getting used to easy money and forgot that real money, real profit, real crypto comes from work, development and business mentality. Now that people are wising up you see the majority of those coins are struggling and floundering. This is because there is no real ecosystem, it's just a flood of emissions without economic activity to support it.

It's not a hand outs system essentially a "what you kill is what you eat" system, where you only get something if you actually did something.
Miners earn small tx fees , nodes earn processing fees and banking tx fees. At times of surplus reserves they can be subsidized to encourage lending, in return users could use the funds to earn more.

So if you have a talent , say graphic design, you could potentially start as a normal user, but if you sell your warez for BCR you can potentially make enough to have a node of your own. Likely you can actually make the required 250K long before someone who tries to do it through mining only.

Don't get me wrong, mining is important, it gets the chain moving and also introduces new money , but what actually gets any economy moving is trade. So trade your skills/warez up the ladder.

LOL, that doesn't mean after a bank node is released that it will be dumped all in one chunk straight into the buy side of the market.  It just means that over time, your node will grow in value through early adoption.

ofcourse not all at once but it will be aggressive dumping as its still profit.
wasref

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:35:33 PM

do you think price will go up all the time. i think it won't as more nodes will be created and when nodes released big dumps because of the cut supply increase price model you have here. the only reason why someone would make a node is to make money of the increase right. now if they think price wont go up they wont buy as the weekly return would not be worth it at whatever level you buy

BN's will provide services, (loans, escrow etc.) for which they will earn remuneration. Are you getting it yet?

and the little amount of nodes there are will make that market manipulative. just like how under 8 major banks are in the uk managing trillions of funds
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:35:40 PM

He doesn't get it...  

I don't think he will.  Seems to be some kind of language barier.  

I wonder if he has considered how profitable a bank node might be?  If mine makes a killing, I sure as hell won't be "dumping" it.

Plus, smart investors know how to exit a market properly. 

tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:38:01 PM

and the little amount of nodes there are will make that market manipulative. just like how under 8 major banks are in the uk managing trillions of funds

This is why I want to know how many people were involved in deciding the 250k bank node requirement? Seems like only few people were involved, with the intention of controlling the few banks that will exist.

dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:40:19 PM

This is why I want to know how many people were involved in deciding the 250k bank node requirement? Seems like only few people were involved, with the intention of controlling the few banks that will exist.

8 major banks in the Uk eh?  Well, there will be a possibility for 24 bank nodes to exist at current supply levels. 

In one year, there will be a possibility for over 100 bank nodes. 

dragos_bdi

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:42:19 PM

Just to be sure ... how a bank could control the price ?

Thank You for your tips!
BCR - 5u7KPyiHKeg6sbdvd9XhT9HHpvh5c2ppTe
BTC - 1ASJQ7SE84sgQketS2kQCTQLV3DJesYnLh
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:51:06 PM

let me say a few things. these guys have both been in this thread long before the price started marching, they procrastinated.

What they are posting now is FUD because, they CHOOSE to ignore the glaring differences between the systems they wish to compare with.

What benefit is there in having thousands of neglected bank nodes?

Who are these early adopters? You mean the same guys who have been encouraging, guiding and supporting me through the development process? Do you mean the guys who took a chance and invested their hard earned BTC to buy some coins? Do you mean the two guys, ONLY TWO guys who donated 0.31 BTC to help keep the pools and websites online? Do you mean the others who have constantly talked with me and helped me craft my ideas?

Rather than trying to make a plan to find the BCR to have their own nodes, you choose to come here with garbled reasoning and ideas and try to impose it on us.The decision to make a BN 250K was made here and in ypool chat, you can read the logs. FYI initially a BN was pegged at 1 Million BCR.

@ wasref
You lack the commitment required to purchase and run a bank node, yet you would speak out against those who would? You say you have been working on a similar project, i see no evidence. I work my ass off daily and i do it without a guarantee of success or any compensation yet you bandy about the word scam in my thread. i am not some master coder with the keys to the palace. I am an ordinary guy who is only learning how to put things together the hard way , with little to no financial support.

YOU ARE CONFUSING THE ROLE OF A MASTERNODE WITH THAT OF A BANKNODE, once you get the difference, there is nothing else to say.

wasref

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:52:21 PM

conclusion i can't see it working.

my approach is far fairer and less manipulative

been working on it for over 3 months now.

i was more interested in the credit system but it seem like the credit system is for the nodes.

my credit system would have been for anyone.

the whole purpose of it would be to provide loans to anyone as long you fit the requirement of the lender. the lender then uses the credit system to assess whether or not he should lend.

now to make use of the coin there are many factors to giving a credit score, like how many coins you hold in your wallet daily, how much you spend previous loans etc. you can then increase loan requests by providing details of yourself. this creates a profile and by creating a score on spending encourages the user to use the coin for their personal spending thus fulfilling the purpose of being a alternative currency.

ofcourse scams are gonna happen so to reduce this and effort in stopping them the best thing is to make lenders work hard to build a profile. increasing the fee will not help as scammers will pay $100, $1million if they have too as long as it turns them a profit so fee does not matter.

have 5 tiers where you can only lend max in each level then depending on history they move up a level. each level is hard and therefore they wouldn't want to scam as it wouldn't be worth it. you can require them to hold x amount as escrow too.

you can move up levels by providing details of yourself.

building a successful credit system is what i am trying to create and i saw this coin thinking it could do the same.
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:53:15 PM

i was more interested in the credit system but it seem like the credit system is for the nodes.

the whole purpose of it would be to provide loans to anyone as long you fit the requirement of the lender. the lender then uses the credit system to assess whether or not he should lend.

now to make use of the coin there are many factors to giving a credit score, like how many coins you hold in your wallet daily, how much you spend previous loans etc. you can then increase loan requests by providing details of yourself. this creates a profile and by creating a score on spending encourages the user to use the coin for their personal spending thus fulfilling the purpose of being a alternative currency.

ofcourse scams are gonna happen so to reduce this and effort in stopping them the best thing is to make lenders work hard to build a profile. increasing the fee will not help as scammers will pay $100, $1million if they have too as long as it turns them a profit so fee does not matter.

have 5 tiers where you can only lend max in each level then depending on history they move up a level. each level is hard and therefore they wouldn't want to scam as it wouldn't be worth it. you can require them to hold x amount as escrow too.

building a successful credit system is what i am trying to create and i saw this coin thinking it could do the same.

Show me five lines of code that prove you have done a single thing let alone a work in progress.

wasref

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:54:23 PM

anyway its no point its your coin do what you wish, do not take it as fud its the same concern i addressed when it was at 400sats. ive not changed it. good luck with your coin. as far as investors are concerned you can profit given the supply being dried youl see what happens

dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:55:29 PM

No one cares.  If you want to talk about your credit system, open your own thread.
mxhwr

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:57:04 PM

Show me five lines of code that prove you have done a single thing let alone a work in progress.

If you really have something like that being created PM me, Id be interested but i live in the moment as this is actually a coin that i can see working il put my money here. do not have a node but enjoying this rise

take me higher
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:59:24 PM

if you were half serious, you would not skip between credit system and the node system, while they work hand in hand, their purpose is different. each BN owner is in charge of how they handle their lending practices, the fact that you do not realize that means you have no idea how this really works.

wasref

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:01:05 PM

sent you a PM
ancientcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1003

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:02:07 PM

why can't we sit back and enjoy the rise

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:02:29 PM

Beautiful.  Funny how some things fly under the radar for so long.
ancientcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1003

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:03:43 PM

Beautiful.  Funny how some things fly under the radar for so long.

i got dumped at few at 300 totally forgot about them. really wish i took it seriously i need more buy orders.

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:04:01 PM

why can't we sit back and enjoy the rise

Abba Zabba, you my only friend.  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: