Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:19:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you pay taxes if you could live off bitcoins?
Yes, even w/o risks - 35 (38.5%)
Depends on the risks - 22 (24.2%)
No, even w/ risks - 34 (37.4%)
Total Voters: 91

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you pay taxes if you could live off bitcoins?  (Read 11338 times)
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 08:49:39 PM

cryptoanarchist, you haven't answered this:

2/3. Even in a system with lower cost health care due to the free market, there will still be people who cannot afford to pay. They may be living month to month, or they may even be destitute and have no money whatsoever. What happens to them?

Yeah I have. I even gave an example: Wal-Mart
Sorry, I missed that post.

Even with a Wal-Mart of healthcare there would still be people that couldn't afford to pay for healthcare. These people would die.

so where do you stop in your quest to save every human on the planet? If people can't pay for healthcare in a free market that will be their own choice. Or they're just not doing anything productive, and in that case they should die.

You see Scott?  He says "they should die" but you know if it was his baby, he'd be banging on the hospital door for help.

Free-loader.

If I had a baby in a free market, I would trade my services for his/her healthcare...its really that simple. You keep repeating "You need to pay" - that's exactly what I would do, but to a doctor, not bureaucrats.

I'm grumpy!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 08:52:09 PM

2/3. Even in a system with lower cost health care due to the free market, there will still be people who cannot afford to pay. They may be living month to month, or they may even be destitute and have no money whatsoever. What happens to them?

Even with a Wal-Mart of healthcare there would still be people that couldn't afford to pay for healthcare. These people would die.

so where do you stop in your quest to save every human on the planet? If people can't pay for healthcare in a free market that will be their own choice. Or they're just not doing anything productive, and in that case they should die.

You see Scott?  He says "they should die" but you know if it was his baby, he'd be banging on the hospital door for help.

Free-loader.

If I had a baby in a free market, I would trade my services for his/her healthcare...its really that simple. You keep repeating "You need to pay" - that's exactly what I would do, but to a doctor, not bureaucrats.

That I believe - of course you don't want to be a free-loader.  But its entirely possible that your services won't be valuable enough.  Then the taxpayer is left picking up the bill.  
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 08:52:14 PM

Free-loader.
He certainly would.

And he seems to ignore all the factors that may result in him not having enough money to pay for healthcare. Factors that he would have no influence over.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 08:53:26 PM

...snip...

Free-loader.
He certainly would.

And he seems to ignore all the factors that may result in him not having enough money to pay for healthcare. Factors that he would have no influence over.

Exactly.  And then its the taxpayer gets shafted.
Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 08:55:06 PM

Oh I'll most definitely choose and tell you the second is far far worse. The first isn't bad at all it's part of life (deer with three legs have less chances of survival and reproduction). I really do suggest anyone that thinks they are responsible for saving everyone's life to take a look at Darwin's work because you must have missed the point. People dying is not a bad thing.
Darwin did not write On the Origin of Species as a political philosophy.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 08:57:32 PM

Oh I'll most definitely choose and tell you the second is far far worse. The first isn't bad at all it's part of life (deer with three legs have less chances of survival and reproduction). I really do suggest anyone that thinks they are responsible for saving everyone's life to take a look at Darwin's work because you must have missed the point. People dying is not a bad thing.

But not you.  If its you, you want to be able to ask the taxpayer for treatment.  Darwin would say that faced with someone like you, a protective measure is needed or the species will be preyed on.  For example, forcing you to pay your share.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 09:01:57 PM

Like just about everything the government does, by continually electing and reelecting tyrants with votes from corpses, incarcerated felons, people who can read off random names on voter sign-in sheets, and just enough statists to make the elections appear legit.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 09:08:23 PM

No of course he didn't ..........

I give up. You guys are just too retarded to understand or too lazy to try and I not your prent nor your kindergarten teacher, nor a policitian trying to convert you. Good luck figuring it out (maybe e-reading my post in chronological order will help).

Good night

We understand.  You don't want to have to pay for health care.  But you do want health care.  What's not to understand?
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 09:11:13 PM

We understand.  You don't want to have to pay for health care.  But you do want health care.  What's not to understand?

He doesn't want to have to pay for your healthcare.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 09:13:16 PM

Who would want to pay for anything if they could just have the government steal the funds for it at gunpoint from their fellow man?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 09:13:32 PM

I give up. You guys are just too retarded to understand or too lazy to try and I not your prent nor your kindergarten teacher, nor a policitian trying to convert you. Good luck figuring it out (maybe e-reading my post in chronological order will help).

Good night
A sad post to end your debate with. Reflects badly on you.

We have differing opinions; that doesn't make either of us retarded or lazy.

Edit: But yeah, enough is enough for one night. Bed beckons.

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 09:15:51 PM

Good night

I think its because you are oppressing him, not the other way around. You want to force people to pay for things they don't want/need for people they don't know. He has a right to be pissed at you. You want us locked in a rape cage for disagreeing with you. We just want you to leave us alone.

I'm grumpy!!
Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 09:18:29 PM

Good night

I think its because you are oppressing him, not the other way around. You want to force people to pay for things they don't want/need for people they don't know. He has a right to be pissed at you. You want us locked in a rape cage for disagreeing with you. We just want you to leave us alone.
I never said I thought the punishment for not paying taxes should be prison. Stop putting words in my mouth.

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 09:19:22 PM

"Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice."

So you're saying you're malicious in your misinterpretation of the apparent libertarian position, then?

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 09:20:16 PM

Good night

Until you need health care and can't afford it.  Then banging on our door time.

BTW, the rape fantasy works better if you mention the race of the guys banging you.  If you are going to use a cliché, then at least get all the fun elements of the cliché.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 09:21:00 PM

I never said I thought the punishment for not paying taxes should be prison. Stop putting words in my mouth.
At least you connect the terms rape-cage and prison correctly.

What do you suggest then?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 09:21:57 PM

...snip...

I'm happy to say that.  If someone wants to be a free-loader, its definitely in my interest that the punishment encourages him to pay his share.
Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 09:24:16 PM

So you're saying you're malicious in your misinterpretation of the apparent libertarian position, then?
Your quote doesn't apply.

I have been trying to explain the real world effects of the libertarian position, as I see them.

You are free to disagree.  
Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 09:29:32 PM

At least you connect the terms rape-cage and prison correctly.

What do you suggest then?
I am calling it a night, so don't have time to go into alternative consequences for tax avoision!

But maybe I'll continue this tomorrow.

Good night all.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 09:33:15 PM

Your quote doesn't apply.

I have been trying to explain the real world effects of the libertarian position, as I see them.

You are free to disagree.  

Just like I'm free not to pay taxes nor demand medical care, and not be imprisoned or in any way punished by others for it in your fantastical world of statism?

This one's for you, statists:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: