Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:02:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dank Bank Deposits - dank's soul is claimed! - New music Nov 30th  (Read 128824 times)
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 04:12:31 PM

You obviously have faith in your own ability, but I wonder how you have gone from needing urgent loans to being able to offer a deposit service in a number of days.

Edit: As I post that, I see you have made another urgent loan request.

Honestly, I wish you all the best, but be careful.

You did pay out the 60 btc loan in full at the end, but this is not the way dealing bussiness. Payment always must be in time otherwise you will scare off potential investors. Lets make this "bank" thing propperly. It is really time to build up some reputation.

I wish to reply next Friday "dividend received".

Why the fuck would you deposit with someone who has a spotty record here who is offering LESS return than trusted members who have perfect histories?  Unless you're just a sock puppet of danks.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 05:18:17 PM

You can't seriously be suggesting I invested in myself. That's just dumb.

Why do you feel the need to harass me and my investors? I've had a few bumps with previous loans, mostly due to outside forces, but 100% have been paid. I'd call that a clean record.

Maybe it's because you can't accept that I'm not some sort of scammer.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
vandordeak

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 08:38:56 PM

You obviously have faith in your own ability, but I wonder how you have gone from needing urgent loans to being able to offer a deposit service in a number of days.

You did pay out the 60 btc loan in full at the end, but this is not the way dealing bussiness. Payment always must be in time otherwise you will scare off potential investors. Lets make this "bank" thing propperly. It is really time to build up some reputation.

Why the fuck would you deposit with someone who has a spotty record here who is offering LESS return than trusted members who have perfect histories?  Unless you're just a sock puppet of danks.

I found Dank on Patrick's WPW list. I learned that Patrick is a respected member of the community. On the list most lenders is related to pirate, whith whom I already have some btc invested. Dank offering one of the highest intrest rate of the lenders, so I thought I will give it a go. I should better investigate him at the first place to get a better picture of him. I might made my mistake, only time will tell. I found he payed every loan in full so far, although someteimes being late which could be annoying. I hope he will perform well this time, saving us unnecesery troubels. Next Friday I will be much more clever. It can turn into some argument but fingers cross eveyithing will be all right.

Dank I put my faith in you as I did put my faith in pirate. I hope you both perform well.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 10:56:18 PM

I found Dank on Patrick's WPW list. I learned that Patrick is a respected member of the community. On the list most lenders is related to pirate, whith whom I already have some btc invested. Dank offering one of the highest intrest rate of the lenders, so I thought I will give it a go. I should better investigate him at the first place to get a better picture of him. I might made my mistake, only time will tell. I found he payed every loan in full so far, although someteimes being late which could be annoying. I hope he will perform well this time, saving us unnecesery troubels. Next Friday I will be much more clever. It can turn into some argument but fingers cross eveyithing will be all right.

Dank I put my faith in you as I did put my faith in pirate. I hope you both perform well.

Yes, I included it on the WPW list as it is more of an information service, and people are expected to make their own inquiries.  I have sent dank the credit rating pro-forma and it is up to him to reply or not.  The WPW thread is not an expression of my opinion on if Dank Bank is secure or not - it is not an endorsement.

It is easy to note there is a history of borrowing and that includes some late/missed payments, and it appears to be run from a phone if I've read the material correctly.  How this plays out will be interesting.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 11:05:16 PM

Fear not, I have full intentions of following through and you can be sure to expect payment next week.

Patrick, I have two computers but limited internet access, hence my phone is normally used to access this site.  I plan on completing the template next week and perhaps launch the website.

All I want out of this is to prove my reliability to the community.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 11:26:48 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2012, 04:06:17 AM by PatrickHarnett

Fear not, I have full intentions of following through and you can be sure to expect payment next week.

Patrick, I have two computers but limited internet access, hence my phone is normally used to access this site.  I plan on completing the template next week and perhaps launch the website.

All I want out of this is to prove my reliability to the community.

Thanks for the clarification.  I thought it would be pretty difficult to run off a phone.  And one of the positive things about this site is that everyone gets an opportunity to prove themselves or otherwise.  I'll continue watching with interest.

btw - I was referring to this post wrt to computers   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91364.msg1022626#msg1022626
Onichan

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 03:58:10 AM

I'll do a small deposit. PM me the deposit address please.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 06:35:35 AM

he should probably include his current debts in his OP as well... just to make sure future investors are 100% aware of complete picture....

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:18:10 AM

You can't seriously be suggesting I invested in myself. That's just dumb.

Why do you feel the need to harass me and my investors? I've had a few bumps with previous loans, mostly due to outside forces, but 100% have been paid. I'd call that a clean record.

Maybe it's because you can't accept that I'm not some sort of scammer.

you can have rules in your opening post/thread, and ask the mods to delete off-topic/troll/harassment posts

i read about it somewhere
It's ok, censorship isn't the answer, I'd rather their posts be there when I prove them wrong.  More satisfying.

Justin, I understand your consern but since I already have the money I'm borrowing in the bank, I don't necessarily see it as a debt.  I'm running numbers more carefully than before, with a higher margin of error, to ensure things go smooth.

AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:35:46 AM

I think this is dangerous.

Previously you were trying to lend you money, and, most lenders were clever enough not to lend you a decent amount; and you went on to demonstrate why you're not reliable.

This kind of "scheme" is aimed at everyone, including, people new to the board maybe only with a few BTC who're testing the water.

So, this kind of "scheme" is damaging to the whole of BTC community.

I agree anyone can setup whatever they so desire, I think bitcointalk has a responsibility to the community.

Allowing members, who've already demonstrated lack of reliability, to run a bank, or ponzi in the forums should be thought about carefully.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:37:43 AM

Yay, more completely anonymous, untraceable "loans" and "businesses" with absolutely no recourse against theft. Dank, I don't care if you're a scammer or not, but I know you're a shitty businessman because no trustworthy businessman would even ask people to invest in him yet refuse to provide identification.

When you're doxxed, you'll find your life goes a lot smoother.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 09:56:48 AM

I think this is dangerous.

Previously you were trying to lend you money, and, most lenders were clever enough not to lend you a decent amount; and you went on to demonstrate why you're not reliable.

This kind of "scheme" is aimed at everyone, including, people new to the board maybe only with a few BTC who're testing the water.

So, this kind of "scheme" is damaging to the whole of BTC community.

I agree anyone can setup whatever they so desire, I think bitcointalk has a responsibility to the community.

Allowing members, who've already demonstrated lack of reliability, to run a bank, or ponzi in the forums should be thought about carefully.
I've been lent 80 BTC before, twice, more than these deposits thus far.  I like how you said I'm not reliable, yet I've paid every loan I've had. If you're referring to the 60 BTC loan, I'd say mtgox is the unreliable one.

I would rethink your word choice. Each deposit will be invested into what I feel fits best, it's a simple tool to raise capital rather than individual loans.  I'm telling the community that I will be a successful, wealthy man, so those who believe me will see a reason to invest and help me get there.

Matt, with you're reasoning, yes I'm a bad businessman. Although, I myself am a little more opened minded and respecting of peoples' privacy.

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:13:40 AM

how much risk is there when you say "low risk" ?

also what happens if i was to deposit with you and for some unforseen reason your investments fail.. would I just lose the money ?

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:30:36 AM

how much risk is there when you say "low risk" ?

also what happens if i was to deposit with you and for some unforseen reason your investments fail.. would I just lose the money ?

Low risk, meaning I'm not relying on other people to earn revenue. I do the work myself to better guarantee the investment, for it is in my best interest, and yours, to do so. There's no such thing as a risk free investment, period. The world could end tomorrow. You may not live to see tomorrow.

I'm working to save an amount of earnings to keep available for investors. As more invest, the better ability I will have to save backup funds. If for some hypothetical reason I was unable to pay, I would continue to calculate the interest until I was able to.

There's no worries.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:44:19 PM

Each deposit will be invested into what I feel fits best, it's a simple tool to raise capital rather than individual loans.  I'm telling the community that I will be a successful, wealthy man, so those who believe me will see a reason to invest and help me get there.
Low risk, meaning I'm not relying on other people to earn revenue. I do the work myself to better guarantee the investment, for it is in my best interest, and yours, to do so. There's no such thing as a risk free investment, period. The world could end tomorrow. You may not live to see tomorrow.

I'm working to save an amount of earnings to keep available for investors. As more invest, the better ability I will have to save backup funds. If for some hypothetical reason I was unable to pay, I would continue to calculate the interest until I was able to.

From what you say this sounds a lot more like a security than a deposit.  Perhaps you should sell stock in your company and pay dividends instead of calling it a bank and paying interest?

There is a subtle difference between "running a bank" and "operating a business" which shows up in your language above.  Are you, in fact, running a business?  If so then you should move this over to the securities sub forum, issue stock, and go from there.
I considered setting something up on GLBSE but I like the idea of a fixed rate and time period.  Selling stock in this way wouldn't allow for this and I would have less control over the investments and returns.

I'd prefer to have my own system for people to invest and I do plan on providing bank-like services including interest free loans and escrow service.

This will help generate the revenue needed to begin individual business ventures.  I've thought of dozens, maybe hundreds of business ideas throughout my life so far and this capital will allow me to act on them.

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:57:43 PM

Even though your loans had issues, you did pay them off in full. That wouldn't stop me from investing a little.

But your multi-million dollar loan request thread stopped me dead in my tracks.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 11:06:26 PM

Sorry to hear that.  However, that request is very real and I do have the ideas to put that capital to work.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 04:36:10 AM

Sorry to hear that.  However, that request is very real and I do have the ideas to put that capital to work.

Dank, in good business, money follows you. Prove your ideas first. Otherwise you're just another potentially scummy anonymous loser who will probably spend whatever he gets on..well, dank.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 07:15:37 AM

Dank, in good business, money follows you. Prove your ideas first. Otherwise you're just another potentially scummy anonymous loser who will probably spend whatever he gets on..well, dank.
Sorry, I can't prove my ideas until I have the capital to do so, nor can I share them on here, even though I'm sure most of you would find what I'm doing interesting at the least. I find it quite judgmental that you would classify me as a scummy loser due to the fact I respect privacy.  And thanks for telling me how I would spend my money.  Because I definitely haven't bought any dank for a few months.

I take it back, I have proved my ideas with myself and a few others.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 10:36:43 AM

Sorry to hear that.  However, that request is very real and I do have the ideas to put that capital to work.

Sorry, I can't prove my ideas until I have the capital to do so, nor can I share them on here, even though I'm sure most of you would find what I'm doing interesting at the least. I find it quite judgmental that you would classify me as a scummy loser due to the fact I respect privacy.  And thanks for telling me how I would spend my money.  Because I definitely haven't bought any dank for a few months.

I take it back, I have proved my ideas with myself and a few others.

You talk like Atlas. I'd be willing to bet you that it's more likely that you're Atlas then you getting $1million from this community.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: