Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:20:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196155 times)
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:28:55 PM

lol
If your small group of buddies with the 97% of all coins plan on staking (and they of course will) your blockchain isn't trustworthy as pure pos with 97% in the hand of an ingroup makes this thing 100% tustbased and the blockchain too.
POS with 97% with an ingroup is no trustless or secure solution for a coin. This can never go beyond a worthless tipping coin. I'd say fair valuation of this (after hype) should be between 50k$ and 1.5mln$ in the markets of today from all i can see taken everything like inflation (pos interests 100%), ipo and all in account. (just my opinion) 
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:32:24 PM

I am agree with balu2, this coin is yet dead, hyperinflation is coming
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:37:15 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2015, 06:56:51 PM by jonald_fyookball

Haha. Pot calling kettle black.

We did have a debate.  You lost imo.

What is that even supposed to mean?!?
What you're basically saying is that you actually haven't thought of any actual attack vector but "in your opinion" NeuCoin is not secure.

In this case, your opinion definitely isn't worth much.

The attack vectors were described in the thread I posted; you either didn't understand them or chose to ignore them.

Here it is again:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1007155.0

To be fair though, these fundamental issues exist with all POS coins.
It is simply a weaker security model than PoW and probably cannot
provide distributed consensus that scales, as others have written about.

However, it is dishonest for NeuCoin to claim they have "solved the issues with PoS" when they haven't.

Gekko463

Activity: 545

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:47:49 AM

Looks like two people on the Advisory board have had their advisory roles in this project grossly exaggerated:  Palmer and Witrant.

Jackson Palmer today discussed his "Advisory Role" at Neucoin in the following terms:  "To set the record straight, I'm not at all a paid shill for NeuCoin... I had provided marketing assistance in an advisory role previously...when the NeuCoin folks came to me and asked if I'd mind posting a simple request for feedback I thought "hey, Dogecoin hasn't got a lot going on right now, maybe this (free stuff!) will interest them".

Then he quit the crypto community, including, presumably his (limited) role at Neucoin?

I can't find a business plan.  Who owns the company producing this coin?  It seems what they want us to buy is the product (the coin).  But it seems somebody else, whomever is to be on the receiving end of these bitcoins they want us to pony up for the coins, is obscured.

Where is this corporate entity?  What is it that the "Founding team" owns?  What corporate entity receives the BTC, establishes these Foundations and pays the Salaries?  Who is the CEO?

If the Founders are being paid in neucoins, rather than corporate equity or salaries, they have to sell those coins to pay their (Parisian for at least Sandrine) rent.  N'est pas?

2% per month cash out limits means 24% per year!

The more I try to understand this, the less I am interested.

Lots of free coins to be had?  So why pay for any?

Lot's of hyperinflation built in.  How will $.01 price stand up to the 100% hyperinflation, and the Founders dumping 24% of their stakes in year 1 to pay their Parisian Rents?

The only "new" thing I see is that instead of being scammed from a basement in Romania by Beavis and Butthead, we are to be fleeced by chic Parisians dressed in VC clothing with a few Silicone valley numbers in her contacts list?

And why have none of the Angels stood up on Twitter or Facebook and said "Yeah, I bought into neucoins and I am confident I'll make big bucks because..."

But nothing.  Crickets.  Do they even know their names are being used?  Why aren't they so excited that they are twitting about it?

Crickets.

Why the hell are you using up presale equity to fund a Paris lifestyle when you could do all this much cheaper in SE Asia?  I would like to live in Paris too.  But it is too expensive.  Start-ups should be lean.  Financing Parisian lifestyles for the Founders and coders is not lean.

Enthusiastic at the beginning, the more I learn, the less interested I become.  I'll wait till it crashes to 2 satochi on Cryptsy, and line up for some freebies just to follow this.

But not funding your life in Paris with my BTC.
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:06:13 PM

Lol, awesome coin.

"all the important info you would wanna know about will drop eventually, after you give us your money"

So what we are buying into here is the 'idea' behind the coin. Reminds me of something..

https://www.ethereum.org/

The old razzmatazz. If you can't stun em with knowledge, dazzle em with bullshit.

I am sure these controlling powers to be could more than fund this project on their own, why would they so graciously offer internet peons the opportunity to prosper with them?

Why would it matter if non-profits hold so much of the premine. Isn't that ass backwards from what i would actually want, companies who make profit holding the premine, because at least then they could make money and strengthen the backing of the premine they hold..

Invest in this (soon to be revealed as a scam) coin at your own risk.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
koubiac

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:38:32 PM

Haha. Pot calling kettle black.

We did have a debate.  You lost imo.

What is that even supposed to mean?!?
What you're basically saying is that you actually haven't thought of any actual attack vector but "in your opinion" NeuCoin is not secure.

In this case, your opinion definitely isn't worth much.

The attack vectors were described in the thread I posted; you either didn't understand them or chose to ignore them.

Here it is again:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1007155.0

To be fair though, these fundamental issues exist with all POS coins.
It is simply a weaker security model than PoW and probably cannot
provide distributed consensus that scales, as others have written about.

However, it is dishonest for NeuCoin to claim they have "solved the issues with PoS" when they haven't.

The most precise you've been in the thread was saying:

As far as spoofing the time intervals, lets say you want to start a chain "from 200 minutes ago".  You can have a computer calculate an alternate chain that supposedly started 200 minutes ago in a few seconds, and broadcast that in realtime right now.  Nodes receiving that would not know that the blocks on
the false chain weren't really built 200 minutes ago.

Nodes must accept the longest chain, otherwise you will loose consensus and risk a fork in the blockchain.

You won't always be able to achieve this, but occassionally you will, and since the cost is minimal, why not try it?

Ok so this is the most "precise" attack vector you've cared to give me.
I guess your confusion lies in the fact that "occasionally" doesn't mean anything. Will you succeed once every month? Once every year? Once every billion years?

I'll keep it simple and if you really are interested in the subject and aren't just trolling against PoS, I'll be glad to further our discussion.

So let's say the attacker owns 20% of the mining coins (I'm giving you a pretty substantial amount!) and he tries to fork every two hundred minutes in the past.
For the attacker to have a maximum advantage let's also suppose that the attacker didn't mine on the main chain which means he's competing against 100-20=80% of the mining coins.

Over 200 minutes, in average, the main chain will have created 200*0.8=160 while the attacker will create in average 200*0.2=80
I understand where you're coming from, since there's no cost, the attacker can try many times so you might think that at "some point" he will create more blocks than the rest of the network.
This probability is the probability that a Poisson process of Pois(80) has more occurrences than Pois(160) (http://imgur.com/cYZ1SHE) which is ~10^-46

So now let's go back to what "occasionally" actually means.
You can repeat that every 200 minutes (I'll explain why underneath), so the expected time (in years) before you succeed such an attack is 365*24*60/(200*10^-46)~10^48 years.
How large this number is is hard to fathom, as a comparison, the universe is 13.8 billions years old (~10^9).

So if you try your attack "constantly" you'll never succeed.

I know you think you can try more than once, so let me explain why this is not possible.

Trying more than once means that you need to modify the kernel. The only thing you have control over, as an attacker in such a situation, are the parameters linked to the UTXO.
You can modify them, and to do so, you must at the beginning of the fork send your coins back to yourself. These coins will then not be able to create any block for 1.6 days. All the numbers I'm giving are clock time, not real time, so I completely agree you can "spoof" the clock compared to real time, I've been making this supposition all throughout the attack.
So after 200 minutes, your branch will have created exactly zero blocks, the blocks you would have created would be rejected by the nodes because the UTXOs weren't old enough to mine.

If you have any arguments that aren't based on intuition, I'd be glad to answer them.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:15:38 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 09:48:55 PM by jonald_fyookball

Already answered those arguments in the other thread.  

EDIT:  Not really interested in rehashing the debate with koubiac
because he clearly is engaging in argumentum ad nauseam,
(also known as arguing by nagging or repetition).

If anyone besides koubiac thinks I am wrong, message me
because I always love to upgrade my knowledge.

So I won't post/debate/argue further about it here, but for those who are curious,
the arguments above fail because:

1) There is always going to be a time based targeting
or similar mechanism in a PoS coin, where it gets progressively
easier to find a block, or at the very least, give multiple chances
for nodes to form blocks (such as 1 per second).
NXT makes it easier each second to form a block, and I
believe peercoin just gives you 1 new chance per second.
However, some mechanism is necessary to prevent the blockchain from freezing
if no one produces a block.  So the attacker can
use that to his advantage to produce a long chain albeit with
greater spaces between the blocks.  Security rules can be introduced
and a discussion could be had about the best way to optimize that
without risking divergence or other attacks, but ignoring this property
and asserting the attacker simply has a very small chance to create
a chain is just ignorance about how PoS works.  

2) The rule that coins can't forge until 200 minutes doesn't help.
The attacker simply waits for his coins to mature and then can endlessly attack.
If the attack fails, it means the chain is not accepted by the
rest of the network.  Therefore, nothing changed in the attacker's UTXO,
and he can try again and again.

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:58:02 PM

Okay, so if this coin is going down the drain, you'll be able to propose to Sandrine - she'll need someone to pay the rent.
alch1mista

Activity: 455
Merit: 251

blockchain longa, vita brevis

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:34:03 PM

wtf?
Lots of investments, jackson palmer promoting, and only 9 pages of thread?
Also posted with an account named "Sandrine89"?

Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 12:07:26 AM

Looks like two people on the Advisory board have had their advisory roles in this project grossly exaggerated:  Palmer and Witrant.

Jackson Palmer today discussed his "Advisory Role" at Neucoin in the following terms:  "To set the record straight, I'm not at all a paid shill for NeuCoin... I had provided marketing assistance in an advisory role previously...when the NeuCoin folks came to me and asked if I'd mind posting a simple request for feedback I thought "hey, Dogecoin hasn't got a lot going on right now, maybe this (free stuff!) will interest them".

Then he quit the crypto community, including, presumably his (limited) role at Neucoin?

I can't find a business plan.  Who owns the company producing this coin?  It seems what they want us to buy is the product (the coin).  But it seems somebody else, whomever is to be on the receiving end of these bitcoins they want us to pony up for the coins, is obscured.

Where is this corporate entity?  What is it that the "Founding team" owns?  What corporate entity receives the BTC, establishes these Foundations and pays the Salaries?  Who is the CEO?

If the Founders are being paid in neucoins, rather than corporate equity or salaries, they have to sell those coins to pay their (Parisian for at least Sandrine) rent.  N'est pas?

Lot's of hyperinflation built in.  How will $.01 price stand up to the 100% hyperinflation, and the Founders dumping 24% of their stakes in year 1 to pay their Parisian Rents?

The only "new" thing I see is that instead of being scammed from a basement in Romania by Beavis and Butthead, we are to be fleeced by chic Parisians dressed in VC clothing with a few Silicone valley numbers in her contacts list?

And why have none of the Angels stood up on Twitter or Facebook and said "Yeah, I bought into neucoins and I am confident I'll make big bucks because..."

But nothing.  Crickets.  Do they even know their names are being used?  Why aren't they so excited that they are twitting about it?

Crickets.

Why the hell are you using up presale equity to fund a Paris lifestyle when you could do all this much cheaper in SE Asia?  I would like to live in Paris too.  But it is too expensive.  Start-ups should be lean.  Financing Parisian lifestyles for the Founders and coders is not lean.

Enthusiastic at the beginning, the more I learn, the less interested I become.  I'll wait till it crashes to 2 satochi on Cryptsy, and line up for some freebies just to follow this.

How nice to be fleeced by a better class of scammers.  I guess that's progress, sort-of.  At least JP is truly leaving the scene (we hope).

If PayCoin and DASH made a scam-baby, it would be NeuCoin.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 01:00:26 AM

i looked into this... the only thing i see here is that king is in u guys will need millions of dollars to advertise your giveaway i suggest work with king make an mmorpg where the coins are needed and earned through the game i would have to cross platform from mac to android.. i got a better idea u want to expand crypto users take that 2 mil and make some bitcoin commercials or litecoin or fucking doge or whatever.. dosent matter no one coin is better.  just dont sell me a turd for a penny than double the supply in 1 year and expect it to add value and reward me.... inflation is inflation is inflation ... u keep inflating the currency u end up with wallpaer

also no free coin or ico will ever have more value than what is spent to produce it ... the reason bitcoin is valuable is because it takes a considerable INVESTMENT and a good deal of WORK just to understand it i spent 13 days earning my first milibit and it was only worth 10 cents in the real world but to me it was pricelss  because at the end i understood where the value comes from.... so when do i get a bunch of free coins i wanna play the pink panther and get some btc at least i know what its worth 

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
hund

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 01:55:58 AM

Why have i not been asked if i wanted a 75% discount for seed investing? Am i not worthy?
I see. The rich boys only pay 25% and the unwashed plebs pay full price. No thanks.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 08:21:47 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 08:36:46 PM by scam confirmed

Why have i not been asked if i wanted a 75% discount for seed investing? Am i not worthy?
I see. The rich boys only pay 25% and the unwashed plebs pay full price. No thanks.

"The rich boys" is a blood-sworn insider community. This is even official:

Our angel investors are friends and former colleagues of the founders, which is pretty well documented - people can simply search for our investor names on Google or LinkedIn - and they will see that more than half of them have worked at the same companies as NeuCoin’s founders in the past and are connected to them and each other. It’s a group of people who have done lots together in the past.
source: http://forum.neucoin.org/t/jackson-palmer-on-twitter/587/29

This cluster of early adopters has one common goal: To rip off late adopters in the presale and in the early times of trading!

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:29:52 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2015, 10:34:46 AM by TaunSew

It is also a very inflationary coin.   It is a premine of 3 billion but they want to grow it to 100 billion.  Which kinds of goes back to earlier points, do you really believe all these Presidents, VPs and executive types are really going to be staking coins, in their pajamas, on their laptops?   What about Sally the Soccer Mom and Steve your next door neighbor?  

This is really obtuse stuff they claimed they weren't about.  If anything it looks like blind theft of anybody who is swindled to purchase their "NeuCoins" and doesn't know how to stake (aka 99.99% of potential adopters).   Anything you buy you lose up to 33x the percentage of market share = NeuCoin founders get rich at your expense.  Parisian apartments and trips out to wine country aren't cheap.

Never mind for us crypto types - are you going to have your node up 24/7 in order to get that full PoS?  You're buying into a massively inflationary coin where your holding loses value to inflation as soon as you miss a couple of nights or weeks or even months.  

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:00:41 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2015, 09:23:09 AM by TaunSew

If anyone was serious about rivaling Bitcoin then these NeuCoin people did a half ass job in their research and implementation.

Worse yet is they sent the secretary Sandrine to Bitcointalk and Reddit, while the NeuCoin "big boys" are probably at the clubs, so the amount of carelessness and indifference from the NeuCoin team is already evident.  Behind the closed doors, they're probably rubbing their hands and lighting cigars and gloating about the money they're about to swindle from people.  When you are forking Peercoin, which the only required capital is a peanut butter jelly sandwich and a computer in someone's basement, we are talking about 100% pure profit.

Sounds like all they did for a year was hangout on the Doge Forum, made conclusions over a year ago and their primary input came from 8 year olds and the other 'special people' from the Doge community (probably 50% from Jackson Palmer).

Some effort went into connections but they lost a lot of points by

- Forking Peercoin (cryptocurrency is a relatively new industry so Peercoin is already old tech in that regard). 
- Massive inflation (that's a PR disaster waiting to happen.  If you have money on Apple Pay it doesn't lose value but on NeuCoin does).
- Absurd valuation when no proof of user adoption and no revenue.  Proposed theory behind user adoption is flawed (people on freemium websites don't want to pay for stuff they need but get for free, they're definitely not paying for stuff they don't need).

They're doing the very Mastercoin method of distribution where only a few dominate and then the few dump this thing down to $0.   Cheesy  That is if the highway bandit inflation or the foundation doesn't destroy it first.   Shocked

Does cryptocurrency really need another Ripple / Stellar.... especially an grossly incompetent one at that?    Even though the founder is technically an American Slum Lord who runs slum apartments in the United States, this coin seems to take on a more Parisian character whereyn I see a lot of envy and half ass lazy copying from prominent projects (forking Peercoin and wanting to copy Ripple / Stellar) and yet most people know that poor-to-no effort often equates with failure.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Gekko463

Activity: 545

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:19:47 PM

Still waiting for Sandrine to show up with some answers on the legal/business side of this.

A corporation is a legal person, that we sue, if they commit civil infractions.

A "person" as in a meat-bag of flesh and blood serves the same purpose.

Really, Sandrine, my question is, who, as in which meat bag or legal construct is the "owner" of this project?  Your coins are your product.  You are not selling us "equity".  You are slinging product. 

Who, as in meat bag or legal construct is receiving the BTC you are trying to solicit?

And, how will you pay your Parisian rent?

I lived in Paris a long time ago.  The 50 square meter studio in the rue des Cannettes I used to rent for $800, is now $3200 a month.  That is 320,000 Neucoins at your presale price.

Now I rent a 4 bedroom 4 bath house in Hanoi for $450 a month.  That's only 45,000 Neucoins at your "valuation with no proof of jack shit".

So I question:

--the legal legitimacy of the entire structure.
--the intention to properly steward the "investments"

I live large in Hanoi.  A regular Vietnamese coder lives on a salary of 40,000 neucoins a month.

I am figuring your dinner last night, with wine, cost more.

Please respond.  If you want to play alt coins VC style--these are VC Questions.

How much CASH are you putting in?  Or is it all your "labour"?

Good answers get good money.
Sandrine89 (OP)

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:49:55 PM

Okay, so if this coin is going down the drain, you'll be able to propose to Sandrine - she'll need someone to pay the rent.

https://i.imgur.com/DIwtxiU.jpg
Sandrine89 (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:55:15 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2015, 12:26:21 PM by Sandrine89

Hi Gekko463!

Disclaimer: this is a long one.

A couple answers to your questions, some of them indeed very relevant. Please note that you will find answers to some of them on our website: http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/ - you may want to have a look at it. But I’ll give you details below.

I’m not exactly sure what you’re trying to show here: “I had provided marketing assistance in an advisory role previously” - he uses the expression “Advisory role” himself. You may have a different conception of what “Advisory board” and “advisory roles” are, but basically from our perspective, these are positions in which the people filling them provide us with their counsel, but is in no way an operational role. Here is an example of Jackson’s previous help, when we released our white paper (that you may be interested in checking out as well: http://www.neucoin.org/en/whitepaper/): https://twitter.com/victoriavaneyk/status/582614164251762689
As for the fact he left the crypto community, Jackson envisioned a world where cryptocurrencies would be designed to reach broader audiences than what we can see today. NeuCoin's goal is exactly about this and we'll keep executing on this mission statement!

Here are details on the corporate entities at play in the NeuCoin Project: three non-profit Isle of Man foundations were created, they will be donated the 2.4B premine when the cryptocurrency is created - which is scheduled to happen in July 2015.

Details about the establishment of these three foundations can be found on the links below:
The current Isle of Man foundations register can be found here (updated daily):
http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/ded/companies/companiesReg/Foundations/foundationsactregister.pdf.
You can see the 3 NeuCoin foundations near the end of the list (numbers 000060M, 000061M and 000062M).
Another useful link: http://www.gov.im/ded/companies/Foundations/register.xml

After the NeuCoin cryptocurrency is created, the founding team will donate the source code and the premined coins to Neucoin’s non-profit foundations in the Isle of Man: the NeuCoin Code Foundation, the NeuCoin Growth Foundation and the NeuCoin Utility Foundation.
Since NeuCoin is not yet created, nor yet donated to the NeuCoin Foundations, the Presale will be handled by NEU Development Ltd, a Seychelles based IBC with the single purpose of handling the Presale transactions. Once the NeuCoin currency is created, and the pre-mine donated to the NeuCoin Foundations, the foundations will transfer 100 million coins to NEU Development Ltd in exchange for the funds raised in the Presale, and NEU Development Ltd will transfer your coins to people who have taken part in the presale.

The founding team owns 0.2 billion of the 3B premine. The detailed allocation of the premine is available at this link: http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/#advantages, point 10

Some of the team members work for free, some work for heavily discounted rates, and some are paid full salaries. The resources for salaries came from the NeuCoin Project’searly seed funding and then a later angel round: http://www.coindesk.com/uber-hotwire-2-25-million-neucoin/.

Here are some details about the business plan, there will be two parts in my answers:
1. How the Foundations are able to fund marketing and the development of useful applications targeted at mainstream consumers.
2. What is the “founding team” business model, what is in it for them - as it is indeed a fair question.

On the first point:
NeuCoins will be distributed to reward and incentivize all participants who help increase its utility and value:
  • Some for free to consumers to try using NeuCoin and for recruiting other users
  • Some to companies that make NeuCoin useful: content providers that accept micropayments in NeuCoin, exchanges, payment processors, wallets, etc.
  • Some sold to investors, with proceeds used to fund code development, user acquisition, and projects to further develop utility, with a focus on micropayments

The NeuCoin foundations use proceeds from coin sales to directly fund projects that increase the utility and consumer reach of NeuCoin, which in turn, increases the value of NeuCoin. More details are available at this link: http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/#utility-development

On the second point: the founding team’s long term “business model” indeed revolves around their holdings of NeuCoins. Here are the detailed resale restrictions: holders may only sell 2% of their holdings per month in the first year, 3% per month in year two, 4% per month in the year three, 5% per month in year four and 6% per month in year 5. Maybe you are familiar with common equity vesting mechanisms in startups, these re-sale restrictions totally match them. The NeuCoin team invested work in a challenging project and built it - as such they get “equity” (in our case, a portion of the premine). Typical equity vesting has a 4-year cliff, but the founders are allowed to sell 25% after the 1st year, a little bit more on the 2nd, and so on. We used pretty standards figures here. But of course, maybe you are free to not like these standards.

There is a misunderstanding around NeuCoin distribution plan here. NeuCoin will never be “airdropped” for users doing a Facebook connect. They will be distributed by the Foundations over several years, always against an action from a consumer: for reading about NeuCoin, learning about it, recruiting new users, using NeuCoin, and so on. They will also be distributed to application builders who make the coin more useful to mainstream / non-tech users.
More information on this here: http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/#funding
Each year, the foundations’ goal is to sell sufficient NeuCoins through private sales or exchanges to fund the following year’s cash needs. However, when NeuCoin prices rise, the foundations may sell additional coins, with the excess cash obtained kept as a “rainy day” reserve. When prices fall, fewer (or zero) coins will be sold.  
Over time, the NeuCoin foundations must continuously determine what the optimal use of their NeuCoin assets are - optimal from the perspective of maximizing the value of NeuCoin. The Growth foundation must always assess whether NeuCoin’s long-term value would be maximized by giving more coins away to consumers, or selling more coins and using the funds for consumer marketing. The Utility foundation must always assess whether NeuCoin’s long-term value would be maximized by awarding more coins (ideally with sales restrictions) to service providers that make NeuCoin more useful, or by selling more coins and using the proceeds to directly fund projects. The prevailing price and demand for NeuCoin will always have a large bearing on this decision calculus.
Sandrine89 (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:58:16 PM

But nothing.  Crickets.  Do they even know their names are being used?  Why aren't they so excited that they are twitting about it?

Crickets.

You can click on the following links to see some of our investors who are following NeuCoin on twitter:

Patrik Stymne
https://twitter.com/patrikstymne/following

Emil Michael
https://twitter.com/emilmichael/following

Rob Goldman
https://twitter.com/robjective/following

Daniel Sachs
https://twitter.com/DanielSachs1/following

Josh Engroff
https://twitter.com/jengroff/following

David Frykman
https://twitter.com/davidfrykman/following

Nicholas Hogberg
https://twitter.com/nichhog/following

Calle Sjoenell
https://twitter.com/callesjoenell/following
and a tweet about NeuCoin: https://twitter.com/callesjoenell/status/591625275319922688

Andreas Reutercrona
https://twitter.com/1nov2LAX9/following

Henrik Sundgren
https://twitter.com/Falukropp/following

Some of our investors have listed NeuCoin on their LinkedIn profiles:
Markus Alderback
https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=1557494&authType=OUT_OF_NETWORK&authToken=gKTJ&locale=en_US&srchid=156097661429810836062&srchindex=4&srchtotal=13&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A156097661429810836062%2CVSRPtargetId%3A1557494%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary%2CVSRPnm%3A

David Frykman
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/neucoin-david-frykman?trk=prof-post

Christophe Salanon
https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=70224&authType=OUT_OF_NETWORK&authToken=hR1x&locale=en_US&srchid=156097661429708789525&srchindex=7&srchtotal=12&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A156097661429708789525%2CVSRPtargetId%3A70224%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary%2CVSRPnm%3A

Jonas Svensson
https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=11874902&authType=name&authToken=2wyp&trk=hp-feed-member-name
For sure there are others, and more investors will publicly link themselves to NeuCoin over time.

Why the hell are you using up presale equity to fund a Paris lifestyle when you could do all this much cheaper in SE Asia?  I would like to live in Paris too.  But it is too expensive.  Start-ups should be lean.  Financing Parisian lifestyles for the Founders and coders is not lean.

Enthusiastic at the beginning, the more I learn, the less interested I become.  I'll wait till it crashes to 2 satochi on Cryptsy, and line up for some freebies just to follow this.

But not funding your life in Paris with my BTC.

There is also a lot of misunderstanding of what life in Paris is… I’ve had the incredible chance to work in the Parisian tech and web scene for a few years now. There are amazing startups being created here, and they indeed need to be lean to be able to launch their product - and that’s what they do. Many more startups are being created in San Francisco, which is a much more expensive city than Paris, in terms of everything (housing, food, transportation, etc). If you come to Paris in the following years, give me a heads-up (I’m serious, not even ironical), we’ll grab a coffee, and I’ll also introduce you to a pretty amazing startup accelerator I helped create - and all the lean startups it’s supporting.

Please let me know if you have other comments, I’ll be glad to address them. In the meantime, if you have the chance to read our wiki, here it is: http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/
koubiac

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:56:31 PM

Therefore, nothing changed in the attacker's UTXO,
and he can try again and again.

We've been over this again and again, the fact that he can try doesn't mean he will ever succeed but despite me providing the maths you just don't seem to grasp this concept.
It's exactly the same as the infinite monkey theorem http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: