Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:38:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196150 times)
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 10:27:08 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2015, 03:17:08 PM by scam confirmed

A shill is someone paid to give unconditional support

Quote from: Josh Garza     https://i.imgur.com/jeYVMB6.jpg
That’s it, they will not be a shill, as they do not need to talk good about us.

and generally people aren't aware that they are a shill.

I don’t care if people know

They're moderators, whose jobs is to keep the forum working smoothly. If Neucoin wants to pay moderators, and is open about it as they've been, then that's their choice.

Moderator responsibilities are just to the neu forum.

We come here to support the coin and make sure newcomers see it's not just trolls.

The point is not for the trolls. It’s for new people looking.

I therefore propose that Dart should attach a signature at the bottom of each of his posts on bitcointalk: "Disclaimer: The author gets paid for posting here."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darteous

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:26:17 PM

Still looking forward to this coins launch.

Disclaimer: I'm the being of pure Awesomeness, Gameness, and Skills. In the cyber realm known as Darteous that graces the Neucoin forum with moderating.  Cool

^Good enough? It says on the forum that I'm a moderator and have never kept that a secret. And we're not getting paid anything yet.
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:41:51 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2015, 10:02:06 PM by rizzlarolla

Still looking forward to this coins launch.

Disclaimer: I'm the being of pure Awesomeness, Gameness, and Skills. In the cyber realm known as Darteous that graces the Neucoin forum with moderating.  Cool

^Good enough? It says on the forum that I'm a moderator and have never kept that a secret. And we're not getting paid anything yet.

Hey nice,
sorry I ask questions nokoiners never thought of asking BTW.

Dart, are you going to be rewarded in the future (at launch maybe) for work you are doing now?

Edit,
Dart also who's post is being deleted as we speak?
rizzlarolla

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:58:36 PM

Idifin's days on nokoin forum are numbered?
http://forum.neucoin.org/t/pre-launch-updates/1268/107

He's already been told
"I expect you to apologize here for creating slander and hearsay about my person"
"you are one cocky ass - go into a corner and shame yourself"
(now withdrawn by sky)

and dart just chipped in
"I understand you're a bit upset, but really man that's a bit creepy. Which there's no real rule against creepy but still. You want to be anonymous okay, but don't be stalker-ish about it."

Idifins crime?
Trying to talk sense. Shocked
rizzlarolla

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:59:46 PM

Torrgeek,
"True..as with any coin or any product we'll have to wait for the launch to find out how much and how well they deliver. I'm excited to find out what's in store."

LiQio.
"No, projects of that size and estimated complexity don't let you wait for the final launch to find out what can be expected but instead favor beta phases, public betas, test-nets, peer reviews, etc."

rizz,
"Will the next update be the rescheduling of launch?"

Sandrine,
"But right now, just prior to launch, the priority is not communication but the critical tech and business development needed to actually launch in the summer and launch successfully."

BS Wink
imbladednow

Activity: 481

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:15:41 AM

today i found this great project...

interesting...looking

How much are they paying you? This project did nothing but lose me money. What did it do for you?

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
idifin

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:31:35 AM

Moderator responsibilities are just to the neu forum. We come here to support the coin and make sure newcomers see it's not just trolls.

btw, my brother not my mum, and there's no referral bonus to get people to sign up on the forum right now.

Do you have something against granola? Cause those be fightin' words.

And James and I both bought in at 1 cent.

Yeah, I'm not real sure why this thread seems to think that Darteous and James are shills? I'm probably the person coming down hardest on Neucoin at the moment and I don't think either of them are shills.

A shill is someone paid to give unconditional support, and generally people aren't aware that they are a shill.

They're moderators, whose jobs is to keep the forum working smoothly. If Neucoin wants to pay moderators, and is open about it as they've been, then that's their choice. Moderator does not equal shill. To some extent moderators are going to likely lean towards support of the project, but I don't see "shill" in any of what either of those guys are doing.

I do think you could make a case for some of the others posting unconditional love and support either being team members or fake accounts. Not sure, and it's impossible to say.

I don't know if you have spent enough time on bitcointalk forums, idifin, but I have and it is pretty normal to be called all sorts of names here. Just make a visit to the altcoin discussion forum and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Most people here are either what are called bitcoin maximalists or people who have made investments into other coins and use these forums to put down any new coin that shows potential so it doesn't eat into their marketcap.

Some of these people are also miners who like to troll on new coins so that too many miners do not compete and mining difficulty can be kept low. There are also others who like to troll on new coins so that some pre-sale or early investors are scared into dumping their positions into the market so these can be picked up on the cheap.

In short, opinions on bitcointalk should always be taken with a pinch (or rather a bucket) of salt.  Smiley

Nope, I haven't spent much time here, but I can see what you're saying. I take anything said on any forum with a bucket of salt.
idifin

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:40:18 AM

He's already been told
"I expect you to apologize here for creating slander and hearsay about my person"
(now withdrawn by sky)

and dart just chipped in
"I understand you're a bit upset, but really man that's a bit creepy. Which there's no real rule against creepy but still. You want to be anonymous okay, but don't be stalker-ish about it."

Idifins crime?

Here's my latest post, as I think it's the most likely one to be taken down:

James said: No one should trust you since you've admitted that your ghosting the forum. I certainly don't trust your opinion.

(keep in mind, this is a moderator)

My response:

Right...

James, I think you brought the mental equivalent of a knife to a gunfight.

There's no rule here that says I have to sign up with my primary email address. Nor is there a rule that says I have to identify who I am. Why would I?

I don't know who you are or what you do, nor do I know who windtalkers is or what he does, or any of the other people participating in the forum. That's not a requirement to participate here.

It's definitely not the role of a moderator to challenge my desire to remain anonymous, nor is it within the bounds of your role to discredit my opinion.

Again, I'd really like to see you guys get more on track here and have a better discussion about the real issues.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:54:43 AM

He's already been told
(now withdrawn by sky)

and dart just chipped in

Idifins crime?

Here's my latest post, as I think it's the most likely one to be taken down:

James said: No one should trust you since you've admitted that your ghosting the forum. I certainly don't trust your opinion.

(keep in mind, this is a moderator)

My response:

Right...

James, I think you brought the mental equivalent of a knife to a gunfight.

There's no rule here that says I have to sign up with my primary email address. Nor is there a rule that says I have to identify who I am. Why would I?

I don't know who you are or what you do, nor do I know who windtalkers is or what he does, or any of the other people participating in the forum. That's not a requirement to participate here.

It's definitely not the role of a moderator to challenge my desire to remain anonymous, nor is it within the bounds of your role to discredit my opinion.

Again, I'd really like to see you guys get more on track here and have a better discussion about the real issues.

I'm sorry you chose to invest in this.  Perhaps it works out and you'll get
at least some of your money back.  Really, we are having a field day
with this...but hope for your sake they get on the ball at least enough
to release something functional.

I agree that moderator is acting like a mental midget.

idifin

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 05:19:07 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 05:33:32 AM by idifin

I'm sorry you chose to invest in this.  Perhaps it works out and you'll get
at least some of your money back.  Really, we are having a field day
with this...but hope for your sake they get on the ball at least enough
to release something functional.

I agree that moderator is acting like a mental midget.

Thank you for the sentiment.

Things like this are kind of like lottery tickets. If you lose you lose a little, and if it hits you win big. When I first got involved in bitcoin everyone thought that was a scam, and loads of people still do. People were peeing themselves when it was trading for $1 on MtGox a few years ago, and when it hit $30 people were going nuts, and you even saw news stories on Yahoo! about it. People used to freak out in those early days about the cost of mining with video cards exceeding the value of the coin ("it'll never ROI" was a common lament then, as it is now that ASICs are around). If only we were still worried about the electricity to run a video card. I never really understood someone mining and expecting an immediate ROI, then or now.

The bitcoin that I still have left were basically free given today's prices. I sold most when the value hit $700 (I never thought it would go to over $1000+ when it did) a while back. It was a complete and total windfall. While I hate losing money, even on a small bet like NeuCoin, it won't kill me. I only put in an amount that I can tolerate losing. I will be the guy who pursues them legally, across boundaries, if that becomes necessary, but I don't think it will.

I really don't think NeuCoin is a scam (unless PnD is considered a scam). I think it might be a PnD, and I don't see PnD as a scam, as long as you hit the "D" part right, and I wouldn't want to be the guy doing the "P" part. I knew going in that there were some questionable people involved, but there are some mitigating factors. In any event, part of the reason I bought in is simply for the contact list of some of the people involved (if they're really involved). If anything is likely to drive value post-launch that is.

Comparing NeuCoin to other known scams, I just don't see it. Gawminers was clearly a scam from the beginning that set off all kinds of alarms. Moolah was also very clearly a scam from the get go. I can't remember all of the others at the moment, but most seem fairly obvious.

I knew the risk going in, so no reason to feel sorry for me.
idifin

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:18:52 AM

Really, we are having a field day
with this...

Hey, I can laugh with you guys, right?

If NeuCoin ends up being a scam, I'm going to suggest that the mascot "Tippy" be retroactively changed to the Huggle Bunny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HySaK9kj7y8

(From my kid's favorite cartoon)
torrgeek

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 11:59:28 AM

Nope, I haven't spent much time here, but I can see what you're saying. I take anything said on any forum with a bucket of salt.

Ah..that's a good attitude to have. Although, I can tell you from my experience of having participating in other forums and here that bitcointalk is a really really special kind of forum. You can't help but laugh at the number of trolls here. I should probably have said an ocean of salt in my other post.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 01:16:08 PM

Ah..that's a good attitude to have. Although, I can tell you from my experience of having participating in other forums and here that bitcointalk is a really really special kind of forum. You can't help but laugh at the number of trolls here. I should probably have said an ocean of salt in my other post.

Read it again, bro!

Got it?

In short, opinions on bitcointalk should always be taken with a pinch (or rather a bucket) of salt.  Smiley

Who cares about opinions it's facts that matter! Like NoKoin's continuous missing of deadlines and broken promises!

Quote from: torrgeek on NoKoin forum Pre-launch updates drama thread
That being said, the continuous missing of deadlines is certainly indefensible. The Neucoin team should have promised less and delivered more right from the start.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:59:53 PM

Really, we are having a field day
with this...

Hey, I can laugh with you guys, right?

If NeuCoin ends up being a scam, I'm going to suggest that the mascot "Tippy" be retroactively changed to the Huggle Bunny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HySaK9kj7y8

(From my kid's favorite cartoon)

of course.  sounds like you have plenty of dough.  I admit that personally I am down on my btc investment as I bought many coins at higher prices than current.  still I think the moon is possible long term with btc.  nokoin, not so much.  very low probability investment which is why I didn't buy, and blatant lies abound..for me the big one was how they solved the nothing at stake problem.

idifin

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:28:12 PM

still I think the moon is possible long term with btc.  nokoin, not so much. 

I think it is too, however, for an investment to be acceptable or profitable it doesn't have to be perfect, and it doesn't have to be a home run. In fact, the home runs are somewhat rare to non-existent.
darteous

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:19:52 PM

I've been messaged briefly about it, I wouldn't really call it concrete. Any payment I receive will be in Neucoin. If the community got upset I'm sure it's alterable. But I am to the understanding that I will get some compensation for pre-launch efforts. I'm a moderator because I believe in this coin, I intend to give most coins given to me for moderating away. Also as moderator my only responsibility is to The neucoin.org forum not here. If they decide to pay me a bit for it cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsqClktIKZQ
Sometimes the guy with the knife wins, just sayin'.
idifin

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:37:35 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 04:49:16 PM by idifin

I've been messaged briefly about it, I wouldn't really call it concrete. Any payment I receive will be in Neucoin. If the community got upset I'm sure it's alterable. But I am to the understanding that I will get some compensation for pre-launch efforts. I'm a moderator because I believe in this coin, I intend to give most coins given to me for moderating away. Also as moderator my only responsibility is to The neucoin.org forum not here. If they decide to pay me a bit for it cool.

I'm still not clear why this is a big deal? If you work you should be compensated. I'm also not sure why anyone would expect 100% impartiality from a moderator? I don't...I expect you guys to lean positively towards the project, however, realistically I think you have to keep that in check to some extent.

In other words, give good, well-reasoned arguments supporting why you believe what you believe, and why you believe, despite failing to meet pretty much every other commitment that has been made, that the NeuCoin team can be trusted going forward?

But not in this case.

Not discussing the merits of the argument, throwing up one's hands, and saying "I don't trust you, therefore no one should" is the Internet equivalent of of a 6 year old saying he's taking his ball and going home. This doesn't build credibility...in fact, it simply confirms what people already think about NeuCoin.

I think what you and James, and the entire Neucoin team, all fail to realize at the moment, is that in the eyes of the sliver of the crypto community that are interested in following this, I (and others such as torrgeek and windtalkers) are the most credible people involved in the discussion about Neucoin at the moment. Until you guys (meaning the whole Neucoin team) start addressing the greater credibility/integrity issue things are not likely to improve.
darteous

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 05:40:49 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 06:06:40 PM by darteous

I'm sure I posted my reasons for believing in the coin at some point, but I guess it's lost in all the posts by this point so I'll reiterate as it has been awhile.

My two main points of interest in this coin are for one,

it's being started up like a business, they're not reaching out for people to work for free due to faith. Which means things are moving and will continue to do so. Many coins have slow starts or die halfway through. That won't be an issue here. The team is being compensated and are working hard on the project. And they have initial backing and the successful presale to push interest. Paying big companies to use Neucoin sounds great, right now the crypto world is sitting around waiting for people to pick up crypto of their own volition but many companies are content with their 3% ish and up fees going through banks and they see crypto is a risk. They need a bit more incentive. It will start off with games apps and the like that the money value isn't as critical. Once it's stable it can move out further. And it has the networking in place to do so.

Second is the freemium. Anyone who can get an account is going to be handed about 25 cents for free and told this will help you buy music or get rid of ads or for games. The first platform will come by the end of the year to my understanding. It's an untouched niche with so much potential. With a proven distribution style.

Another thing is how archaic our current financial system is, the conditions are ripe for a coin to take over in the next few years as countries are bubbling due to the stupidity of our systems exponentially expanding debt. BTC creator ditched, I haven't heard of too much innovation from the chairs of BTC. And with the heightening costs of mining it will become overly centralized with time.

In an ideal world anything great could start completely decentralized, but our current global system isn't advanced enough for that yet. We need to have the centralized foundation the first few years to launch it. In the grand scheme of things 5 years isn't that long, but in crypto it is pretty long and thus enough time to make sure it doesn't sink.

The other moderators and I don't have anymore information than you, so though I do agree more information would be nice, it will come with time. The beta should have most of the information people want. The launch should give us most of the rest.

@Riz The first month will be strictly presale coins and PoW coins. I reconfirmed it a bit ago.
rizzlarolla

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:08:43 PM

Kinda sums up nokoin marketing speak.

Sandrine says,
"Moderators are not paid for now, but we were indeed envisioning compensating a few of them (in restricted NeuCoins) for the time spent on the forum and on Bitcointalk in the near future when we'll officially launch and will need more help on this side."

Dart here yesterday,
"And we're not getting paid anything yet."

rizz yesterday,
"Dart, are you going to be rewarded in the future (at launch maybe) for work you are doing now?"

Dart today,
"I am to the understanding that I will get some compensation for pre-launch efforts."

If a question is not specific enough, a deceiving nokoin answer will ensue.
Happens all the time, Idifin has tasted it.
Is this why I am now classed as a troll?
I keep asking until I get an answer to the question I ask, not the questin nokoin wanted me to ask.

Dart, James "the knife" mod, M3ndi3, Baby mod, all getting paid. For work done NOW.
No wonder nokoin "team" just left them to shill.

Remind's me of the nokoin team's $2m of nokoin for unpaid work?

rizzlarolla

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:28:46 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 08:50:16 PM by rizzlarolla

IF Sandrine had said,
"mods are not paid YET because,
A. They will be paid in nokoin.
B. nokoin dont exist yet.
BUT, if nokoin ever do become real, god forbid, nokoin will pay the mods back for work done up to launch.
ALSO after launch, should it ever happen, nokoin mods will continue to be paid in nokoin for moderating on nokoin forum, and shilling on bct."
Hope this helps!

Then everything would have been clear?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: