Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:00:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196151 times)
m3ndi3

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:32:40 PM

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in BitcoinTalk forum yet, but I feel like I need to bring up some of my concerns which I don't think have been addressed yet. Why do we care so much that Dan had a past in advertising and had a program that put "spyware" in people's computers? I read everything about him and what you call "shady" but I honestly don't understand what the big problem is. We are living in the world of facebook and google and social media, that are constantly tracking what we do, what we say, what we post, etc at all times right? Why is it any surprise that this was happening in the past and that someone made money on it? Every single business wants data on its users, and will pay good money for it.  Every website has an analytics code that tracks what you are viewing, and has targeting codes that will retarget ads based on what site you were in. You don't need to download anything anymore to be "watched"... online/offline you will be watched anyways. So can we all just move on to the next topic, because your points about Dan creating software to spy on you, and he will do it for NeuCoin blah bah isn't really scaring anyone. People are sharing their private lives on social media on their own free will. They know what happened with the NSA and they accept it. If that makes you angry, that's a bigger issue than NeuCoin and Dan.  Make a campaign to end all spying on media. Have people sign petitions that they don't want to be tracked etc. But please, stop this BS with trying to say NeuCoin is some awful terrible thing because one of it's founders had spyware in one of his programs. Seriously WHO CARES???  ::end rant::

NOW, can we all just focus on how we have a coin that has the potential to actually have mainstream adoption? Personally for me, I am excited for the applications it can be used for gaming and content!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:41:48 PM

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in BitcoinTalk forum yet, but I feel like I need to bring up some of my concerns which I don't think have been addressed yet. Why do we care so much that Dan had a past in advertising and had a program that put "spyware" in people's computers? I read everything about him and what you call "shady" but I honestly don't understand what the big problem is. We are living in the world of facebook and google and social media, that are constantly tracking what we do, what we say, what we post, etc at all times right? Why is it any surprise that this was happening in the past and that someone made money on it? Every single business wants data on its users, and will pay good money for it.  Every website has an analytics code that tracks what you are viewing, and has targeting codes that will retarget ads based on what site you were in. You don't need to download anything anymore to be "watched"... online/offline you will be watched anyways. So can we all just move on to the next topic, because your points about Dan creating software to spy on you, and he will do it for NeuCoin blah bah isn't really scaring anyone. People are sharing their private lives on social media on their own free will. They know what happened with the NSA and they accept it. If that makes you angry, that's a bigger issue than NeuCoin and Dan.  Make a campaign to end all spying on media. Have people sign petitions that they don't want to be tracked etc. But please, stop this BS with trying to say NeuCoin is some awful terrible thing because one of it's founders had spyware in one of his programs. Seriously WHO CARES???  ::end rant::

NOW, can we all just focus on how we have a coin that has the potential to actually have mainstream adoption? Personally for me, I am excited for the applications it can be used for gaming and content!

1. When Google and Facebook track you, you agree on some level because you are choosing to use their services.  What Dan did (I assume),
is help put spyware on people's computers that they never agreed to. 

2. So the NSA is spying, so that makes ok?

3. Yes I agree people should get a second chance, but it just gives us the kind of
idea who the people are behind Neucoin.

4. I think it's scammy anyway, regardless of whose behind it based on
false hyped up claims as I've gone over in previous posts, plus the fact the was a huge presale. 

DidiMidi

Activity: 463

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:47:55 PM

The point is: He has different value propositions.

If only it were that simple... nice username btw.

I'll keep checking on this hilariously sad history from time to time i guess.

where dev? Shocked

CEO, not dev.

http://forum.neucoin.org/users/kaufman/activity

hey m3ndi3... i respect your opinions and points of view and i concur with some of them (we did "work" together for a little while, so to speak), i'm just expressing what i feel. You know which project did i "ditch", and i did it for the exact same reasons that i'm afraid of this one: absolute lack of transparency.

You may be wondering...  there are plenty of coins out there, why is Didi now bashing NeuCoin with so many scamcoins to hunt for, moreover now that he's leaving crypto?

Because this is the very same concept (social and such...) that bought me into crypto, but done wrong (imo). I think that you know what i'm talking about. I'm pretty much done though, so don't worry about that and i'm sorry for this discussion that turned out bad.

About the last line... it's your attitude towards life in general that makes me feel bad. Well, would make me feel bad if this is a flop, as my guts are telling me. I think we've talked about this before.

▄▀▀███▄
                  █▄█▀▀▀███
                  ▌▐ ▐█▌ ██

▄██████▀▄    ▄▄████▄▄▄██▀
▄███▀ ▄▀██▄▀▄
██▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀
███ █▀█  ██ █
███   █  ██▀█
▄▄
▀███▄▄▄▄███▄▀▀▀██▄▄    ▄▀█████▄
  ▀███████▀      ▀▀██▄▀▄█▀ ▄ ▀██▄
                     █ █  ▀▄▀▄ ██
                     █▀█ ▀▄▄▀  ██
                     ▀▄██▄   ▄██▀
                       ▀██████▀
TRUEGAME
BLOCKCHAIN BASED GAMES OF CHANCE │
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄
████████████████      WHITEPAPER      ████████████████
▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀
5 th  ──────────
March
TELEGRAM

TWITTER
YOUTUBE

GITHUB
m3ndi3

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:57:06 PM

hey m3ndi3... i respect your opinions and points of view and i concur with some of them (we did "work" together for a little while, so to speak), i'm just expressing what i feel. You know which project did i "ditch", and i did it for the exact same reasons that i'm afraid of this one: absolute lack of transparency.

You may be wondering...  there are plenty of coins out there, why is Didi now bashing NeuCoin with so many scamcoins to hunt for, moreover now that he's leaving crypto?

Because this is the very same concept (social and such...) that bought me into crypto, but done wrong (imo). I think that you know what i'm talking about. I'm pretty much done though, so don't worry about that and i'm sorry for this discussion that turned out bad.

About the last line... it's your attitude towards life in general that makes me feel bad. Well, would make me feel bad if this is a flop, as my guts are telling me. I think we've talked about this before.

Sorry if I made it sound like I was talking to you personally, I wasn't, I was talking to the general mood of the current posts. I appreciate everyone's concerns, but I just feel like the target audience of NeuCoin uses social media, and really doesn't care if they are being "spied" on. It just seems like a waste of breathe to really argue with that side of things when it will fall on deaf ears.

The

1. When Google and Facebook track you, you agree on some level because you are choosing to use their services.  What Dan did (I assume),
is help put spyware on people's computers that they never agreed to. 

2. So the NSA is spying, so that makes ok?

3. Yes I agree people should get a second chance, but it just gives us the kind of
idea who the people are behind Neucoin.

4. I think it's scammy anyway, regardless of whose behind it based on
false hyped up claims as I've gone over in previous posts, plus the fact the was a huge presale. 

1. Yes that was not right, but you can't do that nowadays and you need to get the permission of people to track you, so that thing won't happen again. (like people even read the terms of conditions when they sign up though -_-)
2. No it's not ok, but people are accepting it and it doesn't deter them from using something their friends are using.
3. The kind of people who are behind NeuCoin are industry professionals who know how to get things viral.
4. Yes presale is associated with scams, but we really don't know until the coin is launched.
DidiMidi

Activity: 463

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:10:23 PM

I obviously know that it's nothing personal m3ndi3, but i said what i felt i had to say anyway.

Good luck everyone... see you all on the flipside.

▄▀▀███▄
                  █▄█▀▀▀███
                  ▌▐ ▐█▌ ██

▄██████▀▄    ▄▄████▄▄▄██▀
▄███▀ ▄▀██▄▀▄
██▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀
███ █▀█  ██ █
███   █  ██▀█
▄▄
▀███▄▄▄▄███▄▀▀▀██▄▄    ▄▀█████▄
  ▀███████▀      ▀▀██▄▀▄█▀ ▄ ▀██▄
                     █ █  ▀▄▀▄ ██
                     █▀█ ▀▄▄▀  ██
                     ▀▄██▄   ▄██▀
                       ▀██████▀
TRUEGAME
BLOCKCHAIN BASED GAMES OF CHANCE │
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄
████████████████      WHITEPAPER      ████████████████
▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀
5 th  ──────────
March
TELEGRAM

TWITTER
YOUTUBE

GITHUB
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:53:53 PM

3. The kind of people who are behind NeuCoin are industry professionals who know how to get things viral.

Perhaps.  But unless its going to go so viral like the world has never seen before,
I personally see little value in another altcoin with no innovations to speak of.

Bitshill

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Not a Doctor

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:22:37 PM

when are they releasing the coin to investors?

The way to make money is to buy when blood is running in the streets.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 07:57:35 PM

NOW, can we all just focus on how we have a coin that has the potential to actually have mainstream adoption?

Sure!

Rule No. 1: Fair launch! No premine. No presale. If presale absolutely necessary: Same prices for everyone. No better rates for founders and founders' friends...

rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:07:21 PM

when are they releasing the coin to investors?

As soon as they can cobble something together
m3ndi3

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:04:34 PM

NOW, can we all just focus on how we have a coin that has the potential to actually have mainstream adoption?

Sure!

Rule No. 1: Fair launch! No premine. No presale. If presale absolutely necessary: Same prices for everyone. No better rates for founders and founders' friends...

I'm confused about this one too, don't most startups operate this way, where the founders and investors get  better shares than the public? Can you help me understand why this is a such a bad thing when they are the ones who are putting the time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin?
rizzlarolla

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:18:07 PM

M3ndi3, I kind of agree the Direct Revenue thing has been done, so long as people know, Its their decision. It was only "done" by/because of us "trolls" though TBF

So what else is wrong?  A lot. Too much to explain here, but I'll try to give you a taster.
I have just been posting about "unimportant" TX fees. If the information posted by dartious (about TX fees on nou forum) is correct, then it has taken about 6 weeks to get that answer. So basic, almost trivial, takes 6 weeks.

The white paper was eye catching at first, hence my interest, but is very thin under scrutiny.
Yes, if blind faith in the team not ripping you off, because "they are rich so dont need your money" is all you need to jump in on this, ok.
Nothing of relevance has happened since the white paper, IMO.

There is much "marketing speak" such as how much CASH has been invested in nou through angel investors ect. It portrays that $2.25m CASH has been invested, when it seems to me it is only $1.25m plus $1m "work done", which is repaid to the "team" in nou at launch. (200m nou) So not invested at all. (the other $1.25 is only on trust, as I said, "funny handshakes")
Also there seems no mention on nou forum that the founders stay on for three years, at 100m nou per yr as advisers, although honestly, there are almost no "serious" questions, or answers on nou forum are there?

Some members here tried, respectfully it seems to me, to discuss nou in depth, but were more or less dismissed as trolls.

Transparency is more "marketing speak". I have "studied" nou for a few months now, and still know nothing because in truth, nor do the "team".
IF they do know any details they aint telling us. Any questions on nou forum are either met with silence, misinformation, ramblings or such.
The team often respond with "I get back to you" or "heads up"-nothing ever comes of it.

NomadBR and gurkin were banned because they had a little moan at Dan "Dank" Kaufman, his only posting, but were among the most intelligent   
users on nou forum IMO. NomadBR even said he bought nou. What sort of totalitarian ship does Dank run?

Kim seems genuine to me. nou team fucked up her survey reward because they cant get the email responder to work properly. pathetic. (dont tell me it wasn't their fault it never is) Another pissed off customer.

I wont go on.

scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 09:29:53 PM

I'm confused about this one too, don't most startups operate this way, where the founders and investors get  better shares than the public?

A currency is not a company.

Can you help me understand why this is a such a bad thing when they are the ones who are putting the time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin?

Can you help me understand why this is a good thing when they are the ones who cloned a fairly launched open source coin from developers who were putting years of time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin?

m3ndi3

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:18:56 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2015, 11:00:03 PM by m3ndi3

M3ndi3, I kind of agree the Direct Revenue thing has been done, so long as people know, Its their decision. It was only "done" by/because of us "trolls" though TBF

So what else is wrong?  A lot. Too much to explain here, but I'll try to give you a taster.
I have just been posting about "unimportant" TX fees. If the information posted by dartious (about TX fees on nou forum) is correct, then it has taken about 6 weeks to get that answer. So basic, almost trivial, takes 6 weeks.

The white paper was eye catching at first, hence my interest, but is very thin under scrutiny.
Yes, if blind faith in the team not ripping you off, because "they are rich so dont need your money" is all you need to jump in on this, ok.

There is much "marketing speak" such as how much CASH has been invested in nou through angel investors ect. It portrays that $2.25m CASH has been invested, when it seems to me it is only $1.25m plus $1m "work done", which is repaid to the "team" in nou at launch. (200m nou) So not invested at all. (the other $1.25 is only on trust, as I said, "funny handshakes")
Also there seems no mention on nou forum that the founders stay on for three years, at 100m nou per yr as advisers, although honestly, there are almost no "serious" questions, or answers on nou forum are there?

Some members here tried, respectfully it seems to me, to discuss nou in depth, but were more or less dismissed as trolls.

Transparency is more "marketing speak". I have "studied" nou for a few months now, and still know nothing because in truth, nor do the "team".
IF they do know any details they aint telling us. Any questions on nou forum are either met with silence, misinformation, ramblings or such.
The team often respond with "I get back to you" or "heads up"-nothing ever comes of it.

NomadBR and gurkin were banned because they had a little moan at Dan "Dank" Kaufman, his only posting, but were among the most intelligent  
users on nou forum IMO. NomadBR even said he bought nou. What sort of totalitarian ship does Dank run?

Kim seems genuine to me. nou team fucked up her survey reward because they cant get the email responder to work properly. pathetic. (dont tell me it wasn't their fault it never is) Another pissed off customer.

I wont go on.

Thank you so much for helping me understand this side of things. It's really hard for me to fully grasp what people are concerned about when emotions run high in their responses (they result in namecalling or snarky remarks) , or arguments happen on forums that I can't keep track of. Indeed I fully want NeuCoin to be transparent and I understand there will be mistakes made along the way, so I think questions to these tough topics are great.

On another note, I worked in the restaurant industry, and there will always be a pissed off customer, but it's only fair that those who have had great experiences should also have a voice. My experience with NeuCoin and the community have been great so far. I must admit, there were some hiccups with the presale that I was concerned with, but all those concerns were addressed for me. After all reading about all these concerns about the founders & presale/premine, though, I still want to keep supporting them and help make the launch a success. Smiley
m3ndi3

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:23:07 PM

A currency is not a company.

Can you help me understand why this is a good thing when they are the ones who cloned a fairly launched open source coin from developers who were putting years of time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin?

I agree a currency is not a company, but can it be thought of as a product?

Two companies can have similar products, but what distinguishes them from the other is their marketing strategy or branding, and customer service. I wouldn't dismiss the work that NeuCoin is doing because they are using a product already made- they still have to market and get users, and upkeep that product.

rizzlarolla

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:13:54 PM

So what else is wrong?  A lot. Too much to explain here, but I'll try to give you a taster.

I wont go on.

Thank you so much for helping me understand this side of things. It's really hard for me to fully grasp what people are concerned about when emotions run high in their responses (they result in namecalling or snarky remarks) , or arguments happen on forums that I can't keep track of. Indeed I fully want NeuCoin to be transparent and I understand there will be mistakes made along the way, so I think questions to these tough topics are great.

I work in the restaurant industry, and there will always be a pissed off customer, but it's only fair that those who have had great experiences there should also have a voice. My experience with NeuCoin and the community have been great so far. I must admit, there were some hiccups with the presale that I was concerned with, but all those concerns were addressed for me. After all the talks about the founders, presale/premine, though, I still want to stay and make the launch a success. Smiley

M3ndi3, Please dont think I fully understand either. I feel that is all part of the stratergy? Everyone is left feeling inadequately informed to say much of importance? Confusion.
I saw your concerns on nou forum. They were not answered for me.

nou does have all the traits of a ponzi. Offer high % returns to early investors. Buy early as the price rises daily. Tell your friends to earn rewards ect, but this can be interpreted many ways. Ask James for that interpretation. (as you kinda have)

When the team cannot get the email to work, on any survey, the presale was delayed because of minor issues, there is no evidence of any working code, wallet ect...I do wonder? As I said previously, nou may well not live up to white paper ambitions.

You are a dev. Shouldn't you be more informed in nou? Isnt your reputation somewhat at stake?
m3ndi3

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:25:32 PM

When the team cannot get the email to work, on any survey, the presale was delayed because of minor issues, there is no evidence of any working code, wallet ect...I do wonder? As I said previously, nou may well not live up to white paper ambitions.

You are a dev. Shouldn't you be more informed in nou? Isnt your reputation somewhat at stake?
I agree, some things have not been as smoothly as they could, but they continue to address these problems and try to fix them. The intention to continually grow and learn from mistakes is there. Will they live up to the white paper's ambitions? Only time will tell, for now.

Also, I am a developer, but not for NeuCoin. I only recently became a moderator Tongue I just want to hear all perspectives and concerns surrounding the project.
not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:28:25 PM

Sad to see this coin was deadborn.

darteous

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:53:45 AM

As the poster said I am living in China, but am not Chinese. I am an American by birth. My cultural understanding is a bit more spread as I've spent a few years traveling to different countries around Asia. Though I do have a different value system than most. I by no mean favor the Chinese way over the American, but it does do a few things better. I seek to live logically and don't much care to follow any ways that delineate from that. People tend to find me a bit strange.

Why would it be so odd if I were Chinese? China has a massive population with so many small subcultures. They're pushing English pretty hard in schools. Most of them will have an accent but it's not uncommon for the best of them to end up with very good writing skills.

People using M-pesa are not the poor. Different countries have different costs. Considering how cheaper things are in most of
Africa, if you're using M-Pesa I would bet you're middle class. Kenya has 45 million people so about 1/3 use M-pesa and that is their form of banking.

This coins first uses are going to be tipping, gaming, ad removal things that the fast majority of people in Kenya will have no need for. But it is open to being used everywhere and it is a possibility ends up having a market in Africa. In five years when Africa booms technologically I'm sure neucoin will be on the ball getting in.

The big early investors only get a small percent every month. From the wiki

"In contrast to virtually all previous cryptocurrencies with pre-mines, all NeuCoins held by the founding team, seed and angel investors are subject to strict re-sale provisions for five years, so that holders may only sell 2% of their holdings per month in the first year, 3% per month in year two, 4% per month in the year three, 5% per month in year four and 6% per month in year 5."
Mayer Amschel

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:39:54 AM

So everyone that invested got fucked as soon as they sent BTC.

Get rekt.

- Mayer Amschel

Hours
conroe64

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:04:45 AM

The big early investors only get a small percent every month. From the wiki

"In contrast to virtually all previous cryptocurrencies with pre-mines, all NeuCoins held by the founding team, seed and angel investors are subject to strict re-sale provisions for five years, so that holders may only sell 2% of their holdings per month in the first year, 3% per month in year two, 4% per month in the year three, 5% per month in year four and 6% per month in year 5."
Except that, with 100% daily compounded interest per annum (I know it's not exactly daily, but for simplification lets assume it is), the investors will have gained 171% by the end of the first year. Therefore, after the first year, they'd being able to sell 63% of the total neucoins they own just from the interest alone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: