Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:24:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196155 times)
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:10:14 PM

Unhealthy, (Tom)
"where is my neucoin where is the support?"
http://forum.neucoin.org/t/neucoin-disappeared-from-wallet-support-doesnt-reply-to-emails-wtf/2306

Looks like more disappearing nokoin. Veegold is not alone.
nokoin really is "No coin"

The end game cometh.
Watching.

Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:19:37 PM

Nice work Alex, Bittrex 0.00002000 First buy wall gone.

First Magicking tried to make you look like an "a$$hole". That was bad enough.
But then James mod has to rub in the salt. "You keep answering your own questions." oops. James mod knows Jack shite.

James mod, (some say "the thickest person on the internet" mind you, that was before Superman turned up) teaching Alex about "trust"
If the ,er, "team" want to orphan Alexs' blocks over 6 minutes late, that's fine with James mod. That's trust.
Thanks James

Keep on dumping!

Oh man, I was just thinking about James and Dart and Torgeek today when I was reading this article on VOX:

http://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2015/12/3/9844480/why-people-believe-bullshit-science

"Why People Fall for Bullshit, According to Scientists".

Fascinating.  Some excerpts:

"The difference between bullshit and lying is that bullshit is constructed without any concern for the truth. It’s designed to impress rather than inform. And then lying, of course, is very concerned with the truth — but subverting it."  (Dan K. knows this well and has built a small fortune on it.  Decentralized distribution anyone?)

"Those who give higher profundity ratings to the bullshit are less analytic, less intelligent, higher in religious belief, and higher in what’s called ontological confusion." (James the gullible and yoga boy Dart described perfectly).

And this explains clearly why anyone at all bought the bullshit that is NoKoin:

"BR: Let's say I'm interested in becoming a better bullshitter. What are some principles I should follow?

GP: A good way to do it is insert a lot of buzzwords and be vague.

If you say something direct, the people who agree with you will like it and the people who don’t won’t like it. But if you say something vague, people will bring what they think it means to it. And then everyone will like it — if you hit the perfect spot."

So remember the NoKoin Bizness Plan

"distributed to all who grow its value and utility" "developing tangible utility over traditional currencies by creating platforms for online microtransactions" "secure, efficient and decentralized in the long-run based on an innovative proof-of-stake technology"

Look at all the fuckng buzzwords that mean absolutely nothing in just those few lines.  None of the tangible utility, not dcentralized in the least, not secure or even fair according to Alex's work.  Ooohh!  Microtransactions!

What an enourmous crock of bullshit this has been.  James.  Torgeek, you miserable wretch!  Dart:  we had your best interests at heart and you scorned us.

Not your fault.  Science just proves that you are dumb, we are smart, and DanK is Evil just like we have been saying since the beginning.   And you are dumb, and poor.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:51:53 PM

it is time to leave the boat?

reading all this posts it seems now, the right time!

Huh Huh Huh Huh
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:08:52 PM

Or at least Sandrine is pretending she has already left.

From http://forum.neucoin.org/users/sandrine/activity
Last (private, er, "team") post 13 hours
Last seen Nov 25th
Last (public) post Nov 8th ("Hi everyone I'm leaving")

Now, why would Sandrine want us to think she has left, when she still has keys to the office?

I believe she doesn't want to be associated with Neucoin, doesn't want to be bind on it, but that she follows how it turns out - and maybe she is also waiting for unrestricted coins to dump. ;-)

In a legit project she would be most likely a good CM. I'm glad for her that she left, but at the same time I don't understand how smart people could ever believe that it wouldn't turn out as a disaster.

Funny is: The team should be glad that Neucoin never took traction, never got much attention. When they'll leave there won't be much feedback because of it - that's at least what I believe.

What I would like to know is if they have to fear the legal side.

rizzlarolla

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:51:25 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 10:12:38 PM by rizzlarolla

Hey Tempus,  

Generally agree.
But, why did sandrine leave her job and what is her position on nokoin now?
(why would she want a new job. if nokoin would be adopted as hyped, she would be a very wealthy woman. Is her new job on the foundation board or related to nokoin?)

I've seen no evidence of a new job.
No post on Linked-in to inform of her new role, (Linked-in was highly touted by sandrine as "evidence" of nokoin team legitimacy)
even though she has updated Linked-in to say she has left nokoin.
Sandrine says on Linked-in of her role in nokoin,

- Worked with the founders on answering “why digital currencies are not mainstream as of now?” and creating a digital currency project that would solve this issue.
- Was in charge of creating and managing a community as well as our social media strategy
- Was in charge of pre-beta and beta product reviews.

So she seems to have distanced herself from anything POST beta, or anything relevant today.
Distancing herself from any final nokoin product responsibility on Linked-in. An attempt to show innocence? or avoid responsibility?

Was Sandrine duped into nokoin. Did she leave because she "realized" nokoin was a "scam"?
Sandrine, presumably, would be furious if she did feel duped into fronting a "scam".
Yet she has never told nokoiners of any concerns. (probably "couldn't" in such circumstance)
She left nokoin forum amicably. (or is it irony)
"It’s sad to be leaving just as NeuCoin is getting ready to launch the games and consumer applications that will make it what it’s supposed to be,"

She goes on to say,
"We are currently working to recruit a new community/marketing manager to take over my role, but this will take some time since we want to make sure we find the right person."
So, has she even really left nokoin, (or just the old position) is Sandrine personally looking for this manager. Is she one of Acorns anonymous voices?

So, on the balance of evidence, is nokoin most likely a "scam" as professed on this thread? Was Sandrine part of any "scam"?
IF the answer is yes, most likely, then Sandrine is/was involved. Knowingly or not. one way or the other.
If Sandrine still stands by nokoin and her full involvement in nokoin, I would like to hear her say that.

I actually hate to say. I think Sandrine was fully informed and compliant.
I may be wrong.

BTW FYI
Mike (Mike Port)
This user is suspended until December 6, 2016 8:29am.
Reason: Attempting to scam, harassing, spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) and subtracting value from the NeuCoin project.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 10:40:25 PM

altcoins are scammy by nature.  She knew what kind of bad neighborhood she was wandering into. 

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:08:37 AM

Hey Tempus,  

Generally agree.
But, why did sandrine leave her job and what is her position on nokoin now?
(why would she want a new job. if nokoin would be adopted as hyped, she would be a very wealthy woman. Is her new job on the foundation board or related to nokoin?)

I've seen no evidence of a new job.
No post on Linked-in to inform of her new role, (Linked-in was highly touted by sandrine as "evidence" of nokoin team legitimacy)
even though she has updated Linked-in to say she has left nokoin.
Sandrine says on Linked-in of her role in nokoin,

- Worked with the founders on answering “why digital currencies are not mainstream as of now?” and creating a digital currency project that would solve this issue.
- Was in charge of creating and managing a community as well as our social media strategy
- Was in charge of pre-beta and beta product reviews.

So she seems to have distanced herself from anything POST beta, or anything relevant today.
Distancing herself from any final nokoin product responsibility on Linked-in. An attempt to show innocence? or avoid responsibility?

Was Sandrine duped into nokoin. Did she leave because she "realized" nokoin was a "scam"?
Sandrine, presumably, would be furious if she did feel duped into fronting a "scam".
Yet she has never told nokoiners of any concerns. (probably "couldn't" in such circumstance)
She left nokoin forum amicably. (or is it irony)
"It’s sad to be leaving just as NeuCoin is getting ready to launch the games and consumer applications that will make it what it’s supposed to be,"

She goes on to say,
"We are currently working to recruit a new community/marketing manager to take over my role, but this will take some time since we want to make sure we find the right person."
So, has she even really left nokoin, (or just the old position) is Sandrine personally looking for this manager. Is she one of Acorns anonymous voices?

So, on the balance of evidence, is nokoin most likely a "scam" as professed on this thread? Was Sandrine part of any "scam"?
IF the answer is yes, most likely, then Sandrine is/was involved. Knowingly or not. one way or the other.
If Sandrine still stands by nokoin and her full involvement in nokoin, I would like to hear her say that.

I actually hate to say. I think Sandrine was fully informed and compliant.
I may be wrong.

BTW FYI
Mike (Mike Port)
This user is suspended until December 6, 2016 8:29am.
Reason: Attempting to scam, harassing, spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) and subtracting value from the NeuCoin project.

I believe it's complex. If we think about scams in general, than there are different types of Scams. Totally intentionally: Somebody starts a project with the intention to take the money, from an ICO for example - and abandon right after it. Or in a grey-area: Not with the intention to scam, but with much greed and dishonesty and just blinding PR instead of base-qualities, a lot of promises to hype but no real progress, market-manipulation etc. All with the intention to start a hype, because just and only because of a big hype there would be any chance.

And the second scheme is Neucoin. I believe that they don't see themselves as Scammer. I believe, that they are naive and unprofessional, that they were blinded by the own propaganda. If I'm right it's kind of self-manipulation.

Regarding Sandrine... again, just speculation: Maybe she believed in it in the beginning, was also blinded like many Investors, thought to have a chance to be part of the next big thing in Crypto, also to get rich. And after being part of it... it's not that easy to get out. I agree that she knew enough, that she should have been able to figure out what would come. But I don't believe that she had a clear scam-intention. What's important to keep in mind: There is also a lot of manipulation inside a group, inside a team. Somebody wants to leave? What's the reaction of the others? Attempts to convince, maybe pressure on ones conscience etc. It's not that easy I believe. And she maybe believed too long in this and maybe she simply was too loyal to leave earlier. And people often believe that there maybe could be some kind of miracle... like Investors often do. Like some Neucoin-Investors still do.

And her intention to leave was mainly that she finally figured that Neucoin is a credibility-killer for everybody who is in front. And she was the one in front... If she is still in contact with the team doesn't matter. Also if she really has another job is not that relevant I would say. Her problem is that she is associated with it because she was a little late.

What's interesting in this: For investors this is bad. But for those who are part of the team it's worse. I don't believe that anybody really made money. The ICO is mainly self-buying and they had some costs, the price is down, they have to buy back on the market to maintain the illusion that it's a legit project.... but it's just a question of time. It doesn't need much to break the buywalls.

And all what they've promised... No professional will touch this. The only way is market-manipulation and that costs money and it never lasts long. In some months Neu is irrelevant.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:10:59 AM

Btw: Today I archieved this:

https://web.archive.org/web/20151207095641/http://forum.neucoin.org/t/public-pos-stakes-being-orphaned-by-foundation-account-stakes/2289/30

The last two posts (29 and 30 from THEroot) are already deleted.

Original: http://forum.neucoin.org/t/public-pos-stakes-being-orphaned-by-foundation-account-stakes/2289/27
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:37:34 AM

Speaking of buy walls - geez Daniel and the regime had to buy a lot of their own crap again.

As for Sandrine Ayral whether she left or just did not want to be in the limelight anymore, it doesn't really matter - she participated long enough, she was pointed to the forest of red flags, she willingly denied and omitted criticism, she still doesn't distinguish herself from the Neucon scam.
TL;DR she's waist-deep in it.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 01:37:09 PM

Scam, Alex, I don't understand.

What relevance does that number have. 0.2424?

Scam, I don't read code.
All I see is 0.2424 accounting for leap years?

nokoin said month 3 would produce 95.93% interest. (Is this not the case?)
What relevance is 0.2424 to that rate? (if it is not just leap year)

"FYI... the actual interest rate hardcoded into the count is approx 0.2424 pct a day"
Alex, could you please explain the context. As you can see I'm not getting it.
Thanks.

Not much relevance. It just means when calculating the block reward you calculate with 365.2424 days to express one year. It doesn't mean that "the actual interest rate hardcoded into the count is approx 0.2424 pct a day".

scam confirmed

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 02:26:12 PM

Looks like NoKoiners are starting to realize what Bitcointalk trolls have persisted in saying, namely that, NoKoin is an insolent rich-get-richer-scheme:

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/public-pos-stakes-being-orphaned-by-foundation-account-stakes/2289/4

and further:
[...]It seems clear to me that the foundation having such a large majority would impact on both PoS and PoW revenues of everyone else, and that there are things that could be done to mitigate against that. In neither this thread or the other one linked to have I read a convincing argument that this is not happening, and more worrying is that most of the counter-posts against what alex is saying seem to be criticizing the raising of the issue rather than addressing any of the points made.[...]

The reason magicking is not able to provide "a convincing argument that this is not happening" is simple: It is happening. But I would not call it an "issue" because it's deliberately an integral part of NoKoin's unfair design:

Quote from:  whitepaper page 21
Coin age: zero effect
NeuCoin does not utilize coin age (day weight) in the mining equation as a factor for determining the probability of generating a block. NeuCoin's mining equation is simply:
hash(kernel) < target * balance of UTXO
versus Peercoin's mining equation: hash(kernel) < target * balance of UTXO * time weight
Quote from:  whitepaper page 21
As mentioned above, there was also a downside to disregarding coin age in the mining equation - a loss of decentralization.
In fact, using coin age in the mining equation is a centerpiece of Peercoin's design. The benefit of the time-weight parameter is that it significantly reduces the amount of time it takes very small coin holders to mine blocks.

rizzlarolla

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:06:10 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2015, 04:16:39 PM by rizzlarolla

Thanks Scam,

That's what I thought. It just adding 0.25%ish of a day each year to allow for leap year.
Not "the interest rate".
Would make little difference to any calculation. ~ 0.02% per month. Irrelevant to my/our figures.

Profitofthegods - "300k nokoin and still no stake after 5.5 weeks?"
Using nokoins own estimates, Profitofthegods should have staked ~5.5 times. (imo)
If he has his wallet set up properly, then he is very, very, very, very, very unlucky.
Or nokoin just don't work right.

hash(kernel) < target * balance of UTXO
versus Peercoin's mining equation:
hash(kernel) < target * balance of UTXO * time weight
I always thought nokoin got this wrong. (I even suggested to them this maybe the case.)
There is nothing to push small UTXO's to the top of the trust pile
Therefore, there is no reason small UTXO's will ever stake "this block"
And so that goes on forever. In fact getting harder every block as large UTXO's get larger and even MORE dominant.
Pure luck may intervene. (or 23rd of the month attack may open opportunities)

When will Profitofthegods realise it ain't happening?
His nokoin value being destroyed by nokoin, er, "team" inflation.
How much shit can these nokoiners take!

Profitofthegods, may I explain. (again)

Sandrine said, "The math to figure out the expected rewards is pretty simple. It boils down to: what percent of TOTAL NeuCoins being staked are being staked by an individual miner.... For simplicity, let’s assume that 100% of all existing NeuCoins are staking all the time... a miner with a starting stake of 70,000 NeuCoins would be expected to mint once every 30 days"

Ergo, 300,000 nokoin stake  ~ once a week.
That is not happening.

Now you have a new problem. Your % of total nokoin has fallen ~15% since launch.
Now you have ~ 15% LESS chance of staking than you had.

Also, The interest rate is falling.
You are missing the good times.

If you ever stake, the rate will be lower. You will receive less reward. You have less nokoin to compound. Less time to compound in.
It's broken.
You lose at every turn.

rizzlarolla

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:21:30 PM

NOKOINERS ALERT.

Sell wall OBLITERATED.

Only 3 btc left on Bittrex - TOTAL.

Dart, Torrgeek?
LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:29:04 PM

NOKOINERS ALERT.

Sell wall OBLITERATED.

Dart, Torrgeek?

The team account bought it all.
And wow it's 3 BTC to zero!!! The regime must hurry  Wink
rizzlarolla

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:46:29 PM

NOKOINERS ALERT.

Sell wall OBLITERATED.

Dart, Torrgeek?

Oh yeah, of course.
Order book (chart) looking rather different too.

Popcorn.
alexhiggins732

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:00:52 PM

Not much relevance. It just means when calculating the block reward you calculate with 365.2424 days to express one year. It doesn't mean that "the actual interest rate hardcoded into the count is approx 0.2424 pct a day".

Out of context that can be misinterpreted. To explain fully, your interest rate is the daily pct * Days Held * reward pct.

With Reward pct being an array {100.00, 97.54, 95.93, 94.35, 92.78, 91.24, 89.72, etc.. } and being the first entry if transaction occurred in month 1, the second in month 2, etc... with the month being calculated as the transaction's previous block height / 43836

rizzlarolla

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:20:59 PM

Thanks Alex,

Yeah, that is what I said, 95.93% interest rate now, if you stake.
Shame Profirofthegods is so so so so so unlucky.

Anyway, have you sold up yet?
ONLY 2.5 btc buy orders left.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 12:41:30 AM

Somebody dumped --> buy-wall at 2000 sat is gone. 
LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:29:55 AM

NOKOINERS ALERT.

Sell wall OBLITERATED.

Dart, Torrgeek?

Oh yeah, of course.
Order book (chart) looking rather different too.

Popcorn.

With the two new buy walls at 0.000018 and 0.000017 the neucon regime/Daniel K bought some time (and some more of their own crap coins Wink).
They want this thing to die slowly. Bitcoin funds shrinking accordingly https://blockchain.info/address/3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH
TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:20:50 PM

Somebody dumped --> buy-wall at 2000 sat is gone. 

LOL now even the angel investors are in the red Cheesy That was fast

Compare the price trends of BTC and NoKoin and it is clear that whoever still holds nokoin is banging their heads against the wall

Nokoin supporters (whatever is left of them!) like Dart and Torrgeek are too embarrassed to show up here again... there are not enough palms for those faces!
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: