Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:49:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196150 times)
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 12:53:07 PM

I don't think it's bullshit.

Do the math and you realize is't bullshit.

It opened at double the presale price, went a little volatile, and then it settled on 50% more then presale price.

That's 25 % MINUS if somebody bought here:

Go buy some, they're still going for only double the presale price.

While PoS is increasing.

Roll Eyes "PoS increase" is about 0.27 % per day...

That's "slow, steady value increase". Basta.
Yes, yes,
That's your definition
of a "slow, steady value increase"... You idiot!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:59:54 PM

Some questions:

This is the distribution, if it's still actual:

"Three billion pre-mine allocation:

- 2.4 billion held by the three non-profit foundations: 0.4 billion - Code foundation / 1.0 billion - Growth foundation / 1.0 billion - Utility foundation
- 0.2 billion retained by founders for $1 million of work invested
- 0.1 billion sold to initial seed investors for $250,000
- 0.2 billion sold to strategic angel investors for $1 million cash invested
- 0.1 billion to be sold in presale to crypto-community"

And this is the PoS Rate:

"NeuCoin’s economic model uses very high PoS awards, starting at 100% per year in year one and gradually declining to 6% by year ten."

They also say:

"In contrast to virtually all previous digital currencies with pre-mines, all NeuCoins held by the founding team, seed and angel investors are subject to strict re-sale provisions for five years (each of these holders may only sell 2% of their holdings per month in the first year, (...)"

And if just 100 Mio Coins now are in the hand of the Community, all the other Coins has to be seen as potential inflation. Even if the "Non-profit-organisations" never would sell a single Coin, the founding team, the seed investors and angel investors hold 5 times more Coins than the community, so they will stake much more than the community and they'll sell at least 2% of their holdings per month what means 24% of their holdings in one year. And they'll stake their holdings, so their Coin-Amount will increase at the same time they sell. Right?

That would be a huge inflation and just if the three "non-profit-organisations" won't sell a single coin and those who hold 5 billion Coins now and stake them just will really "just" sell 2% per month and 24% per year.

Am I right with that? Because if I'm right... how will it be possible that the price won't go down like a stone in the sea?

By the way: What will happen to the Coins the "non-profit-organisations" hold? After one year they'll hold 4,8 billion Coins through staking, right?. They'll never sell or do they sell 24% per year as well?

This is also interesting, and a little bit weird:

Illustration of how the re-sale restrictions work in practice
Consider an angel who owns 1 million NeuCoin tokens on the day of launch. For the first month after launch, the angel cannot sell any NeuCoins; indeed the angel does not even have any access to the private keys for his/her tokens. During the month, assume the angel’s NeuCoins grow to 1.08 million due to POS rewards. At the end of the month, 2% of 1,080,000, or 21,600, would become unrestricted and sent to the address of the angel’s choice. At the beginning of month two, the angel has 1,058,400 restricted NeuCoins. During the month, assume this restricted coin balance grows 7.9% from POS rewards to approximately 1,142,000 coins. At the end of the second month, 2% of this balance, or 22,840 coins, become unrestricted, and will be sent to the angel’s address. And so on.

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/how-the-neucoin-community-can-monitor-the-foundations-and-teams-neucoin-token-holdings-over-time/1526

But if I understsand it right, it won't be just 22,840 new Coins, because that's just an example of one Angel Investor who owns 1 million Coins. The problem is, if I'm right, there are 500 Mio Coins in the hand of seed and angel investors and the founders, plus the staking. So it has to be multiplied by 500.  

22,840 * 500 = 11,420,000 new Coins at the end of the second months. At the current value that would be 685 BTC.

And at the end of every month they'll sell more, because of staking. What does that mean? The market will anticipate that and drop at/before the end of every months... Even if there would be a potential user growth that could potentially catch those coins, just to hold the current value, the uncertainty will have some psychological impact. And it's very unlikely that this project will attract so many new Investors just to hold the value.

Plus: If the price won't rise after some time, the experience after ICO's have shown, that the price goes down, because Investors lose patience.

Honestly: Am I wrong with something I'm writing here? My problem really is that I think I must be wrong... or that this is the strangest distribution-model ever. If I'm right this Coin has no chance because of the mathematical design and the psychological impact it has.

And for me it's still uncertain what will be with the 2,4 billion Coins of the "non-profit-organisations". What does that mean: non-profit? They won't ever sell any Coins? Or will they sell 2% of their holdings as well? Because that would mean: plus 66,236,000 new Coins at the end of the second month = 3974 BTC at current value.

Anybody?

The Zimbabwean-level inflation is a clear given that the smart people in the room noticed long ago.  The dumb people, well, they took basket weaving instead of economics back at school--if they are old enough to have been to college yet.

What I'm fascinated by currently is not the market for Neucoin.  The 40% pump is just Dan following Joe Kennedy's famous "I'm not paying for a landslide".  It's just to get more suckers in the door, but not too expensive.  He'll knock it up by notches over the next few days with the Seychelles BTC, because:

What I'm fascinated by, is that while everyone is looking at the Neucoin market, they are not watching the Seychelles wallet:

https://blockchain.info/address/3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH

Watch the transactions leave that wallet, get filtered through a few temporary wallet addresses and land in many different places so far.  30 here, 100 BTC there...and it will continue.  When you are looking at that remember what their "Strategic Plan" and Sandrine (in various posts) have always maintained:

"Proceeds used to increase utility and value of NeuCoin

Following creation and launch, all proceeds will be distributed among NeuCoin’s three Isle of Man-based, non-profit foundations - the NeuCoin Code Foundation, the NeuCoin Growth Foundation and the NeuCoin Utility Foundation - and will be used, along with cash remaining from NeuCoin’s strategic angel round, to fund core development, consumer marketing and projects that increase the utility of the decentralized cryptocurrency, including platforms for micropayments."

So you would expect to see three transactions out of that wallet going straight to 3 other wallets.

But that's not what is happening to "all proceeds".  Little by little, the MrNukes wallet is getting drained, and the proceeds being laundered through several wallets before landing in small sums of 10, 30 and 100 btc...in many wallets so far.

Follow the Seychelles money.

I did not follow close enough to have an exact overview about it. The Seychelles wallet is...what? The ICO-BTC-Wallet?

Could anybody give me an overview about the BTC wallets and maybe the neucoin-wallets they hold?
Gekko463

Activity: 545

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:00:03 PM

Gotta go with Gizfreak on that one...

Which one?  Mine?  About the wallet being drained into dozens of Bitcoin addresses after being laundered?

You can just look yourself.  It is real, right there.  They said "all proceeds" would go to 3 foundations.  Yet, the proceeds are quite publicly bring laundered and sent to dozens of different recipients.

How is that a conspiracy theory Greg?  It is a conspiracy FACT that you can verify on the block chain.  No theories here.  Just facts in your face.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:01:23 PM

Which one?  Mine?  About the wallet being drained into dozens of Bitcoin addresses after being laundered?

You can just look yourself.  It is real, right there.  They said "all proceeds" would go to 3 foundations.  Yet, the proceeds are quite publicly bring laundered and sent to dozens of different recipients.

How is that a conspiracy theory Greg?  It is a conspiracy FACT that you can verify on the block chain.  No theories here.  Just facts in your face.

Your assumption is that they are building buy-support with those BTC's, right?
Gekko463

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:04:35 PM

Some questions:

- 2.4 billion held by the three non-profit foundations: 0.4 billion - Code foundation / 1.0 billion - Growth foundation / 1.0 billion - Utility foundation

"NeuCoin’s economic model uses very high PoS awards, starting at 100% per year in year one and gradually declining to 6% by year ten."

They also say:

"In contrast to virtually all previous digital currencies with pre-mines, all NeuCoins held by the founding team, seed and angel investors are subject to strict re-sale provisions for five years (each of these holders may only sell 2% of their holdings per month in the first year, (...)"

And if just 100 Mio Coins now are in the hand of the Community, all the other Coins has to be seen as potential inflation. Even if the "Non-profit-organisations" never would sell a single Coin, the founding team, the seed investors and angel investors hold 5 times more Coins than the community, so they will stake much more than the community and they'll sell at least 2% of their holdings per month what means 24% of their holdings in one year. And they'll stake their holdings, so their Coin-Amount will increase at the same time they sell. Right?

That would be a huge inflation and just if the three "non-profit-organisations" won't sell a single coin and those who hold 5 billion Coins now and stake them just will really "just" sell 2% per month and 24% per year.

Am I right with that? Because if I'm right... how will it be possible that the price won't go down like a stone in the sea?

By the way: What will happen to the Coins the "non-profit-organisations" hold? After one year they'll hold 4,8 billion Coins through staking, right?. They'll never sell or do they sell 24% per year as well?

Consider an angel who owns 1 million NeuCoin tokens on the day of launch. For the first month after launch, the angel cannot sell any NeuCoins; indeed the angel does not even have any access to the private keys for his/her tokens. During the month, assume the angel’s NeuCoins grow to 1.08 million due to POS rewards. At the end of the month, 2% of 1,080,000, or 21,600, would become unrestricted and sent to the address of the angel’s choice. At the beginning of month two, the angel has 1,058,400 restricted NeuCoins. During the month, assume this restricted coin balance grows 7.9% from POS rewards to approximately 1,142,000 coins. At the end of the second month, 2% of this balance, or 22,840 coins, become unrestricted, and will be sent to the angel’s address. And so on.

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/how-the-neucoin-community-can-monitor-the-foundations-and-teams-neucoin-token-holdings-over-time/1526

But if I understsand it right, it won't be just 22,840 new Coins, because that's just an example of one Angel Investor who owns 1 million Coins. The problem is, if I'm right, there are 500 Mio Coins in the hand of seed and angel investors and the founders, plus the staking. So it has to be multiplied by 500.  

22,840 * 500 = 11,420,000 new Coins at the end of the second months. At the current value that would be 685 BTC.

And at the end of every month they'll sell more, because of staking. What does that mean? The market will anticipate that and drop at/before the end of every months... Even if there would be a potential user growth that could potentially catch those coins, just to hold the current value, the uncertainty will have some psychological impact. And it's very unlikely that this project will attract so many new Investors just to hold the value.

Plus: If the price won't rise after some time, the experience after ICO's have shown, that the price goes down, because Investors lose patience.

Honestly: Am I wrong with something I'm writing here? My problem really is that I think I must be wrong... or that this is the strangest distribution-model ever. If I'm right this Coin has no chance because of the mathematical design and the psychological impact it has.

And for me it's still uncertain what will be with the 2,4 billion Coins of the "non-profit-organisations". What does that mean: non-profit? They won't ever sell any Coins? Or will they sell 2% of their holdings as well? Because that would mean: plus 66,236,000 new Coins at the end of the second month = 3974 BTC at current value.

Anybody?

The Zimbabwean-level inflation is a clear given that the smart people in the room noticed long ago.  The dumb people, well, they took basket weaving instead of economics back at school--if they are old enough to have been to college yet.

What I'm fascinated by currently is not the market for Neucoin.  The 40% pump is just Dan following Joe Kennedy's famous "I'm not paying for a landslide".  It's just to get more suckers in the door, but not too expensive.  He'll knock it up by notches over the next few days with the Seychelles BTC, because:

What I'm fascinated by, is that while everyone is looking at the Neucoin market, they are not watching the Seychelles wallet:

Watch the transactions leave that wallet, get filtered through a few temporary wallet addresses and land in many different places so far.  30 here, 100 BTC there...and it will continue.  When you are looking at that remember what their "Strategic Plan" and Sandrine (in various posts) have always maintained:

Following creation and launch, all proceeds will be distributed among NeuCoin’s three Isle of Man-based, non-profit foundations - the NeuCoin Code Foundation, the NeuCoin Growth Foundation and the NeuCoin Utility Foundation - and will be used, along with cash remaining from NeuCoin’s strategic angel round, to fund core development, consumer marketing and projects that increase the utility of the decentralized cryptocurrency, including platforms for micropayments."

So you would expect to see three transactions out of that wallet going straight to 3 other wallets.

But that's not what is happening to "all proceeds".  Little by little, the MrNukes wallet is getting drained, and the proceeds being laundered through several wallets before landing in small sums of 10, 30 and 100 btc...in many wallets so far.

The MrNukes wallet in my post is the only one, under my pressure, they came clean about.  "All proceeds" from the ICO went there and "All proceeds" we're supposed to have been distributed to the 3 foundations.

The wallet itself is held by a Seychelles based anonymously held corporate entity.  They have refused to disclose the names of the directors, because they are horrible human beings.

I did not follow close enough to have an exact overview about it. The Seychelles wallet is...what? The ICO-BTC-Wallet?

Could anybody give me an overview about the BTC wallets and maybe the neucoin-wallets they hold?
Gekko463

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:08:53 PM

Some questions:

They also say:

Anybody?

What I'm fascinated by currently is not the market for Neucoin.  The 40% pump is just Dan following Joe Kennedy's famous "I'm not paying for a landslide".  It's just to get more suckers in the door, but not too expensive.  He'll knock it up by notches over the next few days with the Seychelles BTC, because:

The MrNukes wallet in my post is the only one, under my pressure, they came clean about.  "All proceeds" from the ICO went there and "All proceeds" we're supposed to have been distributed to the 3 foundations.

The wallet itself is held by a Seychelles based anonymously held corporate entity.  They have refused to disclose the names of the directors, because they are horrible human beings.

Yes.  It (the wallet I mention) is the ICO BTC wallet of which "all proceeds" were to go to three offshore, scammy foundations.  The reality is, the BTC are being siphoned off and laundered and sent in small increments to dozens of wallets.  Just follow the transactions.
Gekko463

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:18:08 PM

My "assumption" is that they are not doing what they said they were going to do.

My conclusion is that they are liars, stealing money from dumb people.

You don't have to assume anything when the block chain is spitting truth all over your face.

You gave your money to dishonest scum, or, you work for them.
bitpotter

Activity: 1451
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:28:52 PM

Oh big volume on Trex  Shocked
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:36:37 PM

Anyone have a pool for this? It's been ages since I've solo mined and can't figure it out.  Huh
There's no pool that I know of atm. If you wanna try your luck with solo-mining, I guess this post could come in handy.
http://forum.neucoin.org/t/how-to-mine-neucoin-with-our-computer-cpu-pc
bitcoinbs

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:42:30 PM

Coin is launched awesome
marthagriffin

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:44:24 PM

a really successfil launch - Bittrex, Cryptsy, without dump
Gekko463

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:45:27 PM

Ha ha ha ha!  There is 25 BTC of NoKoin sitting on the ask at Cryptsy for .00006475!

Much, much more dumping to come!

Buy it up with those Seychelle BTCs Danny-Boy!
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 02:04:11 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 02:16:57 PM by tempus

My "assumption" is that they are not doing what they said they were going to do.

My conclusion is that they are liars, stealing money from dumb people.

You don't have to assume anything when the block chain is spitting truth all over your face.

You gave your money to dishonest scum, or, you work for them.

I don't expect honesty. Most likely they had to buy some of the ICO themselves... I doubt that there were enough people to give them thousands of BTC. And they won't invest much of it in the project, because they presumably know that it hasn't future.

What's more interesting is: I'm sure that they have to fake the volume. There is not that much user-attraction. In the most viewed and replied thread on their forum only 46 Users participated. Neucoin is much smaller like they want it to seem and they will probably make some moves to let it seem something like the next big thing, but it would cost some money ;-)

Their problem is really: They can't distribute it without damaging the price. Will be interesting to see if they will be able to sell their 2% in two months. If the price should rise before, most of all people will believe it's manipulated to make some pr about the market, so the majority will be very cautious. Every time they distribute/sell they'll lose some more of the control about the price and because of the fraud-design, there is no chance to create any real value.

For me it really seems like XPY. Much noise but nothing real to show. Non-Anonymous Guys behind it but that won't help to raise trust. Than there are obvious lies and in the end there could be an investigation as with XPY and Garza. They didn't think through it and the money they can make out of it is not that much that they all will be happy about it... and at the same time they'll have to face much pressure.

That would be my prediction.
Gekko463

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 02:14:20 PM

Can someone set up a pool? I'm sure it would be immensely appreciated. Make a fee of 2% or so. You'd make a killing.  Grin

This coin is already dying.  You wouldn't make enough for a AAA battery much less your electric bill.  Move on to the next shitcoin.  This show will be over quickly, with investigations.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 02:14:31 PM

Trying the windows wallet..

If I lock the wallet, there is no way of unlocking it for staking.. (kinda main purpose in a POS wallet).

And is there a difference between staking with a desktop wallet and the web wallet, reward wise.. ?
Gekko463

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:17:27 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 03:35:55 PM by Gekko463

If I lock the wallet, there is no way of unlocking it for staking.. (kinda main purpose in a POS wallet).

And is there a difference between staking with a desktop wallet and the web wallet, reward wise.. ?

It's pretty clear that nobody cares.  This coin was half-assed sent out the door so they could keep the million dollars they took from rubes.

Forget it.  The wallet will never work right because nobody needs a wallet for fallen shitcoins.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:41:16 PM

It's pretty clear that nobody cares.  This coin was half-assed sent out the door so they could keep the million dollars they took from rubes.

Forget it.  The wallet will never work right because nobody needs a wallet for fallen shitcoins.

Clearly I wasn't asking for FUD but for a direct answer to my question.  Now go away.
elseif

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:42:18 PM

Here is how to unlock:

"Unlock your wallet for minting: open the console via menu -> help -> debug window.

type: walletpassphrase YourPassword 31556926000 true (first param ist your password, second param a timeout until the wallet is locked again in milliseconds - one year in this example, third param defines that the wallet is only unlocked for minting - you cannot send coins until the wallet is fully unlocked with param set to false, but it is safer to keep it partly locked.)

Press Ctrl+L to clear the console after you run a command that includes your password!

More info here: http://forum.neucoin.org/t/neucoin-wallet-client/1596/3 "
Gekko463

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:45:06 PM

Clearly I wasn't asking for FUD but for a direct answer to my question.  Now go away.

I never go away.  Unlike your money.  Go watch the price tanking on Cryptsy, and the multiple sell walls.

You need a job.  Nokoin is never giving you your money back.
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:57:26 PM

Clearly I wasn't asking for FUD but for a direct answer to my question.  Now go away.

I never go away.  Unlike your money.  Go watch the price tanking on Cryptsy, and the multiple sell walls.

You need a job.  Nokoin is never giving you your money back.

I think the price is going one of two ways. Its either correcting down to the ICO price range, or the sellers setting large walls in order to suppress price buy more. Then they will drop the walls and raise the price to a new high. Time will tell.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: