Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:32:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196150 times)
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:31:08 AM

Some questions:

This is the distribution, if it's still actual:

"Three billion pre-mine allocation:

- 2.4 billion held by the three non-profit foundations: 0.4 billion - Code foundation / 1.0 billion - Growth foundation / 1.0 billion - Utility foundation
- 0.2 billion retained by founders for $1 million of work invested
- 0.1 billion sold to initial seed investors for $250,000
- 0.2 billion sold to strategic angel investors for $1 million cash invested
- 0.1 billion to be sold in presale to crypto-community"

And this is the PoS Rate:

"NeuCoin’s economic model uses very high PoS awards, starting at 100% per year in year one and gradually declining to 6% by year ten."

They also say:

"In contrast to virtually all previous digital currencies with pre-mines, all NeuCoins held by the founding team, seed and angel investors are subject to strict re-sale provisions for five years (each of these holders may only sell 2% of their holdings per month in the first year, (...)"

And if just 100 Mio Coins now are in the hand of the Community, all the other Coins has to be seen as potential inflation. Even if the "Non-profit-organisations" never would sell a single Coin, the founding team, the seed investors and angel investors hold 5 times more Coins than the community, so they will stake much more than the community and they'll sell at least 2% of their holdings per month what means 24% of their holdings in one year. And they'll stake their holdings, so their Coin-Amount will increase at the same time they sell. Right?

That would be a huge inflation and just if the three "non-profit-organisations" won't sell a single coin and those who hold 5 billion Coins now and stake them just will really "just" sell 2% per month and 24% per year.

Am I right with that? Because if I'm right... how will it be possible that the price won't go down like a stone in the sea?

By the way: What will happen to the Coins the "non-profit-organisations" hold? After one year they'll hold 4,8 billion Coins through staking, right?. They'll never sell or do they sell 24% per year as well?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marthagriffin

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:49:37 AM

by the way: Why no win 64bit wallet.

And: nice quiz.
ZonedOutSpace

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

From Russia with love

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:58:54 AM

Found this project a few months back glad it's finally launched. Smiley
OCP

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:14:12 AM

Solid first day of trading almost done.

Up 50% from crowdsale price and steady holding.

Number #1 volume on both Bittrex and Cryptsy.

Very good start. No pump, no dump. Just slow, steady value increase.
With PoS mining you make a ton of money id the price stabilizes at this level.

Now the proof is in the pudding. Can they get a ton of users or not? I think the price will hold and then slowly start climbing as they release the games and micropayment applications and turn on the mainstream consumer marketing.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:44:16 AM

i get an trojan warrning from 360 total security. An error from the antivirus?
I get only 1 warning, but that can be a false one.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/c34436560a1af41c7961615b29056cfe607e24b31a1dc97e06c4e6b6cd495e3c/analysis/
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:53:28 AM

Some questions:

- 2.4 billion held by the three non-profit foundations: 0.4 billion - Code foundation / 1.0 billion - Growth foundation / 1.0 billion - Utility foundation

"NeuCoin’s economic model uses very high PoS awards, starting at 100% per year in year one and gradually declining to 6% by year ten."

They also say:

"In contrast to virtually all previous digital currencies with pre-mines, all NeuCoins held by the founding team, seed and angel investors are subject to strict re-sale provisions for five years (each of these holders may only sell 2% of their holdings per month in the first year, (...)"

And if just 100 Mio Coins now are in the hand of the Community, all the other Coins has to be seen as potential inflation. Even if the "Non-profit-organisations" never would sell a single Coin, the founding team, the seed investors and angel investors hold 5 times more Coins than the community, so they will stake much more than the community and they'll sell at least 2% of their holdings per month what means 24% of their holdings in one year. And they'll stake their holdings, so their Coin-Amount will increase at the same time they sell. Right?

That would be a huge inflation and just if the three "non-profit-organisations" won't sell a single coin and those who hold 5 billion Coins now and stake them just will really "just" sell 2% per month and 24% per year.

Am I right with that? Because if I'm right... how will it be possible that the price won't go down like a stone in the sea?

By the way: What will happen to the Coins the "non-profit-organisations" hold? After one year they'll hold 4,8 billion Coins through staking, right?. They'll never sell or do they sell 24% per year as well?

This is also interesting, and a little bit weird:

Illustration of how the re-sale restrictions work in practice
Consider an angel who owns 1 million NeuCoin tokens on the day of launch. For the first month after launch, the angel cannot sell any NeuCoins; indeed the angel does not even have any access to the private keys for his/her tokens. During the month, assume the angel’s NeuCoins grow to 1.08 million due to POS rewards. At the end of the month, 2% of 1,080,000, or 21,600, would become unrestricted and sent to the address of the angel’s choice. At the beginning of month two, the angel has 1,058,400 restricted NeuCoins. During the month, assume this restricted coin balance grows 7.9% from POS rewards to approximately 1,142,000 coins. At the end of the second month, 2% of this balance, or 22,840 coins, become unrestricted, and will be sent to the angel’s address. And so on.

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/how-the-neucoin-community-can-monitor-the-foundations-and-teams-neucoin-token-holdings-over-time/1526

But if I understsand it right, it won't be just 22,840 new Coins, because that's just an example of one Angel Investor who owns 1 million Coins. The problem is, if I'm right, there are 500 Mio Coins in the hand of seed and angel investors and the founders, plus the staking. So it has to be multiplied by 500.  

22,840 * 500 = 11,420,000 new Coins at the end of the second months. At the current value that would be 685 BTC.

And at the end of every month they'll sell more, because of staking. What does that mean? The market will anticipate that and drop at/before the end of every months... Even if there would be a potential user growth that could potentially catch those coins, just to hold the current value, the uncertainty will have some psychological impact. And it's very unlikely that this project will attract so many new Investors just to hold the value.

Plus: If the price won't rise after some time, the experience after ICO's have shown, that the price goes down, because Investors lose patience.

Honestly: Am I wrong with something I'm writing here? My problem really is that I think I must be wrong... or that this is the strangest distribution-model ever. If I'm right this Coin has no chance because of the mathematical design and the psychological impact it has.

And for me it's still uncertain what will be with the 2,4 billion Coins of the "non-profit-organisations". What does that mean: non-profit? They won't ever sell any Coins? Or will they sell 2% of their holdings as well? Because that would mean: plus 66,236,000 new Coins at the end of the second month = 3974 BTC at current value.

Anybody?

marthagriffin

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:11:38 AM

@Gizfreak thank you for this scan.
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:14:30 AM

Some questions:

They also say:

Consider an angel who owns 1 million NeuCoin tokens on the day of launch. For the first month after launch, the angel cannot sell any NeuCoins; indeed the angel does not even have any access to the private keys for his/her tokens. During the month, assume the angel’s NeuCoins grow to 1.08 million due to POS rewards. At the end of the month, 2% of 1,080,000, or 21,600, would become unrestricted and sent to the address of the angel’s choice. At the beginning of month two, the angel has 1,058,400 restricted NeuCoins. During the month, assume this restricted coin balance grows 7.9% from POS rewards to approximately 1,142,000 coins. At the end of the second month, 2% of this balance, or 22,840 coins, become unrestricted, and will be sent to the angel’s address. And so on.

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/how-the-neucoin-community-can-monitor-the-foundations-and-teams-neucoin-token-holdings-over-time/1526

But if I understsand it right, it won't be just 22,840 new Coins, because that's just an example of one Angel Investor who owns 1 million Coins. The problem is, if I'm right, there are 500 Mio Coins in the hand of seed and angel investors and the founders, plus the staking. So it has to be multiplied by 500.  

22,840 * 500 = 11,420,000 new Coins at the end of the second months. At the current value that would be 685 BTC.

And at the end of every month they'll sell more, because of staking. What does that mean? The market will anticipate that and drop at/before the end of every months... Even if there would be a potential user growth that could potentially catch those coins, just to hold the current value, the uncertainty will have some psychological impact. And it's very unlikely that this project will attract so many new Investors just to hold the value.

Plus: If the price won't rise after some time, the experience after ICO's have shown, that the price goes down, because Investors lose patience.

Honestly: Am I wrong with something I'm writing here? My problem really is that I think I must be wrong... or that this is the strangest distribution-model ever. If I'm right this Coin has no chance because of the mathematical design and the psychological impact it has.

And for me it's still uncertain what will be with the 2,4 billion Coins of the "non-profit-organisations". What does that mean: non-profit? They won't ever sell any Coins? Or will they sell 2% of their holdings as well? Because that would mean: plus 66,236,000 new Coins at the end of the second month = 3974 BTC at current value.

Anybody?

Your about right.  Also add +300m to founders, (for $2.25m work post launch)  = 800m coin held by founders angel seed ect.

Check my posts for more info..
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:17:36 AM

Some questions:

They also say:

Anybody?

The Zimbabwean-level inflation is a clear given that the smart people in the room noticed long ago.  The dumb people, well, they took basket weaving instead of economics back at school--if they are old enough to have been to college yet.

What I'm fascinated by currently is not the market for Neucoin.  The 40% pump is just Dan following Joe Kennedy's famous "I'm not paying for a landslide".  It's just to get more suckers in the door, but not too expensive.  He'll knock it up by notches over the next few days with the Seychelles BTC, because:

What I'm fascinated by, is that while everyone is looking at the Neucoin market, they are not watching the Seychelles wallet:

https://blockchain.info/address/3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH

Watch the transactions leave that wallet, get filtered through a few temporary wallet addresses and land in many different places so far.  30 here, 100 BTC there...and it will continue.  When you are looking at that remember what their "Strategic Plan" and Sandrine (in various posts) have always maintained:

"Proceeds used to increase utility and value of NeuCoin

Following creation and launch, all proceeds will be distributed among NeuCoin’s three Isle of Man-based, non-profit foundations - the NeuCoin Code Foundation, the NeuCoin Growth Foundation and the NeuCoin Utility Foundation - and will be used, along with cash remaining from NeuCoin’s strategic angel round, to fund core development, consumer marketing and projects that increase the utility of the decentralized cryptocurrency, including platforms for micropayments."

So you would expect to see three transactions out of that wallet going straight to 3 other wallets.

But that's not what is happening to "all proceeds".  Little by little, the MrNukes wallet is getting drained, and the proceeds being laundered through several wallets before landing in small sums of 10, 30 and 100 btc...in many wallets so far.

Follow the Seychelles money.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:30:27 AM

greg123

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:41:21 AM

Anybody?

Tempus - your calculations seem about right I think. Assuming all investors want to sell all their unrestricted every month, which may or may not be the case depending on long term value increase from price and PoS mining. If the user numbers are growing and more and more games etc are released and this really becomes a big mainstreem thing with millions of users, they probably expect to make a lot more longer term. That would be a game changer.

This distrubution is definitely a wild thing, but at the end of the day it's a play at growth and user adoption. Can a premine be used in a smart way to give incentives for commercial actors to build applications, integrate NEU in their services, etc? And to do mainstreem marketing and offer small "free trials" of coins to people outside of the cryptocurrency world so that they can try it out.

From reading Neucoin's "strategic plan" it says that the foundations are non-profit in the sense that they only exist to help grow the value and utility of the coin. Foundations will distrubute their coins to companies that help Neucoin grow (like exchanges or user acquisition partners or game developers) and as "free trial" to consumers. Foundations may sell coins to pay for marketing/media, etc that requires fiat money, but never to hoard, and that such sales would always be disclosed in quarterly reports, etc.

Sources: http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/#foundations
and more specific info about how they will distrubute the coins on:
http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/#distribution-plan

rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:53:48 AM

Tempus, those hidden numbers?

ok, So would Founders 300m (not founding team 200m) look like this?  Huh

300m at end month 1 x8% = 324m, so 2% become available. = 6,480,000 neu
6,480,000 @1p = $64,800

month 2, 317.5m x 7.9 % = 342,582,500 so 2% become available = 6,851,650 neu
6,851,650 @1p = $68,616

and so on,,,  except the founders appear to only have 3yr restrictions (strategtc plan), these are five yr figures I have used, so the monthly returns will be higher?
Until figures are published it's all guess work.

Why have the cash allocations to foundations been removed?
No "announcement" of this cash reduction?

----

So am I reading this right?

Total neucoin restricted allocations.
Founding team 200m, Angels 200m, seed 100m, Founders 300m = 8000m

end month 1, 800m x 8% = 864m, 
2% of 864m =  17.28m
17.28m x 1p = $172k

$170k per month @ 1p (or more with founders 3yr plan) ?
Is this "about right"? Is my math incorrect?

Then they pay the team to run the foundations on top of all this.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 12:05:30 PM

Peak was about here:

Go buy some, they're still going for only double the presale price.

greg123

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:10:45 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Ie7W4Ov.png

Peak was about here:

That's your definition of a pump? For what, $5,000? Hahaha. Well, you really ARE a conspiracy theorist! To me if there was ever any doubt, it's becoming more and more clear that this really is NOT a pump and dump. Unless of course "scam confirmed" your attempts at getting a dump going counts.

TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:13:48 PM

i get an trojan warrning from 360 total security. An error from the antivirus?
I get only 1 warning, but that can be a false one.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/c34436560a1af41c7961615b29056cfe607e24b31a1dc97e06c4e6b6cd495e3c/analysis/

LOL

Anyone following this thread for a while knows that the founder of nokoin, Dan Kaufman (together with Josh Abram and Allan Murray, nokoin investors) has a well documented history of being sued for infecting millions of computers with spyware
http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/stories/2006-07-16/the-plot-to-hijack-your-computer
http://www.benedelman.org/news/040706-1.html
http://techtalk.pcpitstop.com/2006/04/14/direct-revenue-greed-triumphs-over-decency/
https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/cases-proceedings/052-3131/directrevenue-llc-et-al
scam confirmed

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 12:27:54 PM

Peak was about here:

That's your definition of a pump? For what, $5,000? Hahaha. Well, you really ARE a conspiracy theorist! To me if there was ever any doubt, it's becoming more and more clear that this really is NOT a pump and dump. Unless of course "scam confirmed" your attempts at getting a dump going counts.

That's your interpretation. Where did I say that there was a pump? Hahaha. Well, YOU really are a conspiracy theorist!

My point is simple: "slow, steady value increase" is bullshit. Therefore the following is also bullshit (evidentially):

greg123

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:36:18 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Ie7W4Ov.png

Peak was about here:

That's your interpretation. Where did I say that there was a pump? Hahaha. Well, YOU really are a conspiracy theorist!

My point is simple: "slow, steady value increase" is bullshit. Therefore the following is also bullshit (evidentially):

I don't think it's bullshit. It opened at double the presale price, went a little volatile, and then it settled on 50% more then presale price. And it's staying there. While PoS is increasing. That's "slow, steady value increase". Basta.

Gekko463

Activity: 545

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:39:46 PM

Peak was about here:

Hey Greg, you seem like a knowledgeable puppet.  Can you explain why they told us repeatedly (both in the strategic plan and Sandrine's desperate ravings) that ALL proceeds from the presale--that million dollars in the off shore shady tax haven--would be going to the THREE foundations, yet, we can already see, quite clearly, that these bitcoins are being siphoned off and laundered and sent in small increments to dozens of different BTC wallets?

Does the fact that they blatantly LIED about this, as can be proven by simply following the flow of money through the block chain, shake your faith in any way?  Or are some of those 10 BTC freshly laundered payments going straight to your BTC wallet?

You are smart.  Explain the lying.
greg123

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:47:18 PM

Gotta go with Gizfreak on that one...

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:51:41 PM

Anybody?

Tempus - your calculations seem about right I think. Assuming all investors want to sell all their unrestricted every month, which may or may not be the case depending on long term value increase from price and PoS mining. If the user numbers are growing and more and more games etc are released and this really becomes a big mainstreem thing with millions of users, they probably expect to make a lot more longer term. That would be a game changer.

This distrubution is definitely a wild thing, but at the end of the day it's a play at growth and user adoption. Can a premine be used in a smart way to give incentives for commercial actors to build applications, integrate NEU in their services, etc? And to do mainstreem marketing and offer small "free trials" of coins to people outside of the cryptocurrency world so that they can try it out.

From reading Neucoin's "strategic plan" it says that the foundations are non-profit in the sense that they only exist to help grow the value and utility of the coin. Foundations will distrubute their coins to companies that help Neucoin grow (like exchanges or user acquisition partners or game developers) and as "free trial" to consumers. Foundations may sell coins to pay for marketing/media, etc that requires fiat money, but never to hoard, and that such sales would always be disclosed in quarterly reports, etc.

Sources: http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/#foundations
and more specific info about how they will distrubute the coins on:
http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/#distribution-plan

One of the most important sentence in your post is: "If the user numbers are growing (...)"

But, where should it come from? Every Investor who looks at the premine, the more than strange distribution and the huge inflation will step back. It only attracts some players and those who believe this is "something big" without thinking through and probably without much money. They would need MANY little Investors just to hold the current value and it would nee a continuing growing.

I see no way, that any professional coder with the potential for technological innovation will risk his credibility being part of this. I don't see any way that any professional company will implement it.

And if there is not enough user-growth to hold the current value, what will they do and what are they most likely already doing? They have to manipulate the market - buy themselves, to simulate attraction, maybe to get some growth about a rising price.

But let's assume they want BTC, and this assumption is obvious (visible in the distribution), they have to sell at some time. Maybe they'll drive the price a little bit, and they're able to do that. But it's a risk out of their perspective because they don't know if that would build enough real buy support to get back the invested BTC's.

Another risk out of their perspective is the question if they can trust each other? ;-) Together they hold that much of the current supply that I wouldn't be surprised if it would lead to some paranoia between each other. And even if everybody will operate like planned: At the end of each month they have to make a race who is first on the market to get the better prices...

Really, this is a weird project with a very limited potential and I doubt that it will survive the first year. Even out of their own perspective it's not very clever. They probably believe that they can control it because they have control about the distribution, but they will have to make a decision if they want to hold the current value or sell/distribute it... and at the same time they will stake tons of new Coins and fear each other.

It's very interesting because it involves some very strange psychological aspects, not just regarding the community and the market but also in the group behind. If I see it right, it needs just one of those behind, to crash the market. And I believe that it needs just one or two little crashs to turn it into an ongoing downward-dynamic.

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: