Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:03:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309532 times)
vcvitiko

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:14:43 AM

hmmm what happen to that chris de rose interview?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bisha

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:09:02 PM

Are the total of 42million tokens already in circulation? If not, how much is out there?

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
Eventine

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:55:26 AM

Are the total of 42million tokens already in circulation? If not, how much is out there?

About ~30 million are sold, a lot of which are locked until Agoras is released.
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:55:10 PM

I've been asked to address this post directly.

First, a small disclaimer: I post this as a personal response, not as a representative of the Autonomic project.  This post has not been discussed with the others, and does not necessarily reflect the views or official positions of our project.

As a result three questions / remarks which I found very interesting were left unanswered / undevelopped to my disappointment.

23:37 < HMC_a> so yes or no, is there a second(+) order expression which cannot be consistently proven in any mso framework?  In general is full second/third order collapsible to msol, or isn't it?

I expect this one must be discussed somewhere in the works of Bruno Courcelle so you could point us to some theorem or conjecture if that can save you some time with the explanations. Don't worry about making it understandable for the mere mortals. I'm happy with an explanation that I can't fully comprehend so long as HMC and you seem to be on the same page.

Of course there are such expressions.  Ohad's refusal to admit this (even contradicting himself by giving both answers) remains baffling to me.

Here is what is commonly considered one of the "canonical" examples, and it is commonly used to prove various meta-theoretical differences of second order logics:
Code:
F(Y) = forall X . (forall x,y,z . (X(x,y) -> X(y,z) -> X(x,z)) -> (forall x:Y . exists y:Y . X(x,y)) -> (exists x:Y . X(x,x))) or all x . not Y(x)

This is the class definition of finite structures.  It has no mso or fol equivalents.  Its' negation is the class definition of infinite structures, and ofc also has no mso/fol equivalents.

We've covered at least one or two dozen such examples in the autonomic channel over the past few months.  Lately we've been discussing the expressibility boundary between full second order and Henkin semantics, as this is particularly relevant to the decidability of logics above first order.  In that context, here is my favorite working example, due to its' amazing simplicity in illustrating:
Code:
forall x,y . exists P . P(x,y)

This is logically valid in full second order semantics, but does not collapse to first order as valid.  Under Henkin sol semantics it is conditionally satisfiable.

22:17 < HMC_a> but maybe I'm missing some collapsability magics, somewhere, so perhaps you could give a concrete example of verification of such an example?

I concur wholeheartedly with this one. A simple example of a second or third order program in STLC+Y with limited inputs, executed against all input combinations and encoded as a tree, and then the demonstration of how msol verifies it would be hugely helpful getting some intuitive understanding of how it works. That would give us the tools to try to find a case where it doesn't work (there shouldn't be any). You can recycle that explanation for the whitepaper, so no time wasted here.

Note that his given example does not meet the request.  It is a first order program, with unlimited/unconstrained inputs.  His verification does not assert any property of the IO relation, for any inputs - it only verifies that the function is constant.  (I agree that this property is first order expressible...)  

He also seems to conflate order of functions of a signature with order of logics over a signature.  (He doesn't seem to understand order of functions, either, for that matter...)

(EDIT: It was later pointed out to me that Ohad made a second post with a second example expression which was a higher order function.  It still has unlimited/unconstrained input, asserts no property of IO relation, and he still verifies only a first order property of the output (as he points out at the end of his post) so this is also not an example that meets klosure's request.)

22:18 < naturalog> in bohm tree you dont have lambda terms
22:18 < naturalog> they're all reduced already
22:18 < naturalog> so the higher order rules disappear and remain only with true/false or other info

What kind of reduction are you talking about? How can the result not have lambda terms? Do you mean no lambda abstractions / bound variables? How do you guarantee that?

I'm afraid that I can't speak much to this one.  Looks like nonsense to me.

I understand that you probably don't want to bother making these explanations if you feel the tone of the conversation on IRC was not respectful, but please remember that IRC conversations are more or less supposed to serve as documentation and research log in the absence of actual documentation, and that they benefit the entire community, including investors and potential future devs who can help you on the code, so it would greatly help if technical questions are actually being answered.

You can find significant discussions of these topics in the #autonomic logs.  I'm not following ##idni anymore but am told by others that it has devolved into a weird sort of echo chamber, mostly about (very old) solutions to transform problems and with very little to do with any particular logics.  I'm guessing you would not find any clarifications there.

I'm also told that Ohad has now given up on mso entirely and moved to more expressive logics.  From what I hear it sounds like he is lately exploring the region around/above the P-space logics, and in the "murky" area between the exptime algorithms and primitive recursion.  (It is still unclear to those I've spoken to what the logic he "has in his head" actually is.  AFAIK he still has not done anything to make concrete (or even further describe/qualify) his proposed framework.)

I like to joke that he is slowly making his way up the complexity families, and may even soon rejoin us in exploring "true" omega-order HOLs with full semantics, covering the full arithmetical hierarchy and in the existential N*N fragment of the analytic hierarchy.
(I can only hope that, along the way, he remembers/rediscovers why completeness and deductive proof inference should be considered problems for the system, not features.)

As far as I'm concerned, the debate about "mso v mltt" has become entirely moot.  There still seems to be room for debate wrt: completeness, decidability/term-inference, Lowenheim-Skolem/compactness/Lindstrom, (general) consistency of collapse of expressions between orders, consistency of LEM as axiomatic, or the necessity of general expression within the system.  He still must disagree on one or more of these points, otherwise he'd inevitably have to just be back at MLTT as the only possible option - and back on track with the "oldtau" plan.

If he did "come around" it is unclear to me if our A.N.O.N. project members would welcome him back with open arms or tell him to go jump.

Personally, my position remains that all are welcome.  Unlike newtau lately, we do not generally seek to moderate ideas or hide our design-detail information.

Edit: fixed typos

what's Autonomic project project?

running farm worldwide
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:14:51 PM

The Autonomous Nomic Overlay Network
aka Autonomic
aka A.N.O.N.
aka oldtau

We are all of the tau developers, less Ohad, continuing with the original project plan.

You can find us in #autonomic on freenode IRC.

mnemonicsoup

Activity: 200
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:09:46 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 10:49:08 PM by mnemonicsoup

Dr. Ohad hi, great project.

2. Where should we safely store IDNI Agoras (AGRS) tokens bought at bittrex exchange?

Thanks in advance,

2. You can store AGRS safely by transfering them to any Bitcoin address that you have the private key to. Later you can import them into the omniwallet.org once the swap to the coin on top of Tau-Chain is being done.

Is this still the case? I can send my Agoras from Bittrex to a Bitcoin paper wallet to which I have the private key and later do the swap? If yes, will I be "in danger" of missing the date and the tokens might become worthless if I'm too late?

Thank you!

Edit: To clarify, I can basically create a Bitcoin address here: https://www.bitaddress.org , transfer a small amount of BTC (for later fees) to it and then transfer my Agoras to it. And later at some point import the private key into Omni?
vcvitiko

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:48:09 AM

aka Autonomic
aka A.N.O.N.
aka oldtau

We are all of the tau developers, less Ohad, continuing with the original project plan.

- u guys have any funding?
yushi@suiqiu

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:33:26 AM

aka Autonomic
aka A.N.O.N.
aka oldtau

Interesting. I am looking at Autonomic's timeline http://rareventure.com/AutoNomicWiki/What_we%27re_working_on_now. So, where would the tau project be on that timeline?
KeyMaster

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:56:00 AM

Imho, the one who post the first page of this page is the owner of Tauchain, no more - no less.
Greg Pentium

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:00:27 AM

Imho, the one who post the first page of this page is the owner of Tauchain, no more - no less.

Agreed, this is Ohad's baby, though I would also considering supporting the other group as well if they gave us more details about their endeavours and were taking it in interesting directions.
KeyMaster

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:00:19 PM

Yes. Not only interesting but also can work in reality.

We are all excited in the development of Tauchain project.

The question is, are there really a break-up or just speculation?

If yes, could hmc & group humbly present the link to their whitepaper? roadmap? when to launch? working project? that would compete with Ohad's work?

If none, then I'm not interested.

HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:17:39 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2017, 05:32:27 PM by HunterMinerCrafter

- u guys have any funding?

We are an open, voluntary collaboration.  We do not generally seek funding or offer any vestment vehicle, as we find it antithetical to the aims of the project.  (You are of course welcome and encouraged to support the project in other ways, including funding individual developers directly at your discretion - we just don't promise any sort of monetary ROI from the project on such.)

Agreed, this is Ohad's baby, though I would also considering supporting the other group as well if they gave us more details about their endeavours and were taking it in interesting directions.

Agoras is Ohad's baby, but Tau was always a separate, distinct, and ultimately unrelated project.  All of the other developers were always against the very idea of Agoras being started, and basically begged Ohad not to do it under the assumption that it could only cause problems for the project.  (It did.)

You can find a lot of detail about our effort on our wiki (linked two posts above yours) and can find even more by coming to our channel and asking questions.  Personally, I think our directions are about as interesting as things can get.

Yes. Not only interesting but also can work in reality.

We would be very interested if anyone can show a sound reason why the concept should not work.  We've had an open call for such for years.  So far, noone has actually demonstrated any flaw in the premise.

The question is, are there really a break-up or just speculation?

There was really a break-up.  Ohad really did leave the project to do "something else" (we still don't know exactly what) which he calls "new tau." (Hence our nickname for AN being "oldtau" now...)

If yes, could hmc & group humbly present the link to their whitepaper? roadmap? when to launch? working project? that would compete with Ohad's work?

If none, then I'm not interested.

See wiki link a few posts above...  

Ohad's original whitepaper was about the original design, and so should still apply to our work, as we have not changed plans as he has. (As far as I am aware, he has not published any updated whitepaper/explanation for his new logic, so I can't meaningfully speak to what those changes are.)  We keep a sort of roadmap in our wiki, which is what mnemonicsoup linked to specifically, but we do not make guesses about when we will launch.  (There are some other resources which can be found in the links in our IRC channel's topic and something like a "working project" on stoop's github - though it is likely not what you're expecting....)

If you are interested then please come talk to us, we'd love to explain what we're trying to do and what we're all about to *anyone* who cares to get involved!

mnemonicsoup

Activity: 200
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:29:06 AM

2. Where should we safely store IDNI Agoras (AGRS) tokens bought at bittrex exchange?

Thanks in advance,

2. You can store AGRS safely by transfering them to any Bitcoin address that you have the private key to. Later you can import them into the omniwallet.org once the swap to the coin on top of Tau-Chain is being done.

Is this still the case? I can send my Agoras from Bittrex to a Bitcoin paper wallet to which I have the private key and later do the swap? If yes, will I be "in danger" of missing the date and the tokens might become worthless if I'm too late?

Thank you!

Edit: To clarify, I can basically create a Bitcoin address here: https://www.bitaddress.org , transfer a small amount of BTC (for later fees) to it and then transfer my Agoras to it. And later at some point import the private key into Omni?

Could somebody please answer this? I would really prefer to keep my Agoras on a paper wallet. Thank you.
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:13:16 AM

Thanks in advance,

Thank you!

Could somebody please answer this? I would really prefer to keep my Agoras on a paper wallet. Thank you.

Exactly right. Smiley This way you can store them even as a paper wallet.

yufu571

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:50:48 PM

nothing new for a long time~
Cibervision

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 06:11:50 PM by Cibervision

follow the irc chat log , every day there is news:
http://tauchain.org/logs/fn/%23%23idni.log
Now the team is working on the contens to explain tauchain for all people.
You can see a snake  peek of the website. Ohad is learning more maths and coding the core. Some colaborators give him a lot of good papers to research and do a better product. The videos dont will be ready till the content to explain tauchain is ready , its need this content to show tauchain comprehensible to all
This small things take a lot of time, it is very important to tauchain success.
elelegzet

Activity: 749
Merit: 501

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:31:19 AM

Damn, this one is a gem. I just wonder why I didn't know about this project years ago... Please don't advertise it too hard  so I can buy some tokens cheap )

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
Waverider

Activity: 228

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:52:42 PM

Damn, this one is a gem. I just wonder why I didn't know about this project years ago... Please don't advertise it too hard  so I can buy some tokens cheap )

Why do you think so?
Lendoit

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:21:16 AM

"Please don't advertise it so much"..... Hilarious!!

This one has everything but advertisement, being around since 2014
olowshinenine

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:53:47 PM

I am a layman. Can someone tell me what application this token will have in the real world? Is the project dead? I do not understand what all this means.
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: