Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:34:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309532 times)
UrsaMajorisBeta

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

We are the ones we've been waiting for

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:48:56 AM

Tau as a concept is very appealing. There might be some buzz before the whitepaper and potentially price variations, considering this is a yet to be released product.

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
                            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████         ███▄               
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄███████████████████████         ████        ████       ███████▄             
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████          ██████████  ▄▄█▄ ▄▄████▄▄       ▀████     █████████▄           
 ▄███             ██████▄          █████████ █████████████         ▀██     ██████████           
███     ▄▄▄▄▄     ████████   ██     ███████ █████ ████████     ██          █████▀████           
███     █████▄▄▄▄▄███████            ████████████ ████████     ████        ███████▀██           
███     ███       ██████              █████▄█████ █████         ████       ███████▀             
███     ▀████     █████     ▀██▀      ▀▀████ ████     █         █████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████              
████              ███▀       ██         ██      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀         ▀█████          
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██               ▀███▀             ▀████        
██          █████        ██                 ██                 ██       ███▄    ██████▄       
██           ███        ▄██▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████     █████     ██▄        ▀▀▀▀██████████▄   
██▄▄          █        ███████     █████████████     ▀▀▀▀      ████▄           ▀██████████  
 ███                   ███████         █████████             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄      ██████████
 ███    █        █     ███████     ▄▄▄▄█████████     ██     ▀████       ▀▀      ██████████
 ███    ██      ██     ███████     ██████   ████     ██▄      ▀██▄▄            ███████▀███ 
██▀▀    ▀▀█    ███       ██▀▀▀              ██         ██       ▀███▄        ▄██████████▀█
██        ██████         ██                 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████       
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FIRST P2P BETTING PLATFORM
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Reddit

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:47:47 PM

great!

when we have the testnet?

running farm worldwide
LiskEnterprise

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:42:08 AM

Is there a new ICO happening for Agoras???

https://www.icocountdown.com/

Says there is an ico in 12 days?

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
Cibervision

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 10:21:59 AM

No, is the same, each month up the prize of agoras if you buy directly to ohad.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:56:06 AM

how to parallel the smart contact transactions?
victorserrano

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:56:46 AM

Hello Ohad.

What advantages do you think you could have the smart money from the Agoras market versus the current markets like Ethereum?

Thank you.
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 11:03:08 AM

how to parallel the smart contact transactions?

i didnt understand the question, please explain

Hello Ohad.

What advantages do you think you could have the smart money from the Agoras market versus the current markets like Ethereum?

Thank you.

agoras will be connected to the ever-growing knowledgebase of tau. so for example, once people formalize state law (or parts of it, to some level of accuracy) a "smart contract" will then be able to refer to the law. even more, agoras is about making economy of pure knowledge (manufactor, ship, demand, supply). that'd be one out of three agoras' pillars. the other two are computational resources market, and, advanced financial markets, e.g. with the ability to let risk-free interest without printing new money (by having a futures market for hedging, without leverage). the most covering explanation of agoras out there up till now is the restaurant interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFmaX-oumNw

Tau-Chain & Agoras
John_Paul

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:27:16 PM

agoras will be connected to the ever-growing knowledgebase of tau. so for example, once people formalize state law (or parts of it, to some level of accuracy) a "smart contract" will then be able to refer to the law. even more, agoras is about making economy of pure knowledge (manufactor, ship, demand, supply). that'd be one out of three agoras' pillars. the other two are computational resources market, and, advanced financial markets, e.g. with the ability to let risk-free interest without printing new money (by having a futures market for hedging, without leverage). the most covering explanation of agoras out there up till now is the restaurant interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFmaX-oumNw

Is Agoras scalable? Is it easier to deal with scalability issue with Tau?
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 09:00:58 PM

any scalability (or other) solution to be found in the future, can be applied. that's the essence of being a self-amending system, and that's why there cannot be competitors to such a system Wink

Tau-Chain & Agoras
John_Paul

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:24:09 AM

any scalability (or other) solution to be found in the future, can be applied. that's the essence of being a self-amending system, and that's why there cannot be competitors to such a system Wink

That sounds good. Will Agoras use a PoS or PoW consensus mechanism?
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 05:57:22 AM

That sounds good. Will Agoras use a PoS or PoW consensus mechanism?

quite same answer: this can also change.
however me personally not aware of a sound scheme as pow.
as a small example, how can security grow with time under pos? looks like it remains fixed. unless high inflation is considered, and even though, it wont grow linearly as in pow

Tau-Chain & Agoras
John_Paul

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:07:00 PM

as a small example, how can security grow with time under pos? looks like it remains fixed. unless high inflation is considered, and even though, it wont grow linearly as in pow

So if assuming Agoras will use PoW, how the inflation will work? In that case, the Agoras tokens will be like pre-mined coins and in the future the miners will also mine new coins, right? btw, I am not against the inflation and mining at all.
UrsaMajorisBeta

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

We are the ones we've been waiting for

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:32:12 PM

So if assuming Agoras will use PoW, how the inflation will work? In that case, the Agoras tokens will be like pre-mined coins and in the future the miners will also mine new coins, right? btw, I am not against the inflation and mining at all.

ATM there are 42M agoras tokens in sale, some of them easily scoopable at bittrex (the ico hasn't ended yet, and the remaining coins will be burned). They represent the total 3500 future coins / actual agoras token.

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
                            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████         ███▄               
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄███████████████████████         ████        ████       ███████▄             
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████          ██████████  ▄▄█▄ ▄▄████▄▄       ▀████     █████████▄           
 ▄███             ██████▄          █████████ █████████████         ▀██     ██████████           
███     ▄▄▄▄▄     ████████   ██     ███████ █████ ████████     ██          █████▀████           
███     █████▄▄▄▄▄███████            ████████████ ████████     ████        ███████▀██           
███     ███       ██████              █████▄█████ █████         ████       ███████▀             
███     ▀████     █████     ▀██▀      ▀▀████ ████     █         █████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████              
████              ███▀       ██         ██      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀         ▀█████          
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██               ▀███▀             ▀████        
██          █████        ██                 ██                 ██       ███▄    ██████▄       
██           ███        ▄██▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████     █████     ██▄        ▀▀▀▀██████████▄   
██▄▄          █        ███████     █████████████     ▀▀▀▀      ████▄           ▀██████████  
 ███                   ███████         █████████             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄      ██████████
 ███    █        █     ███████     ▄▄▄▄█████████     ██     ▀████       ▀▀      ██████████
 ███    ██      ██     ███████     ██████   ████     ██▄      ▀██▄▄            ███████▀███ 
██▀▀    ▀▀█    ███       ██▀▀▀              ██         ██       ▀███▄        ▄██████████▀█
██        ██████         ██                 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████       
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FIRST P2P BETTING PLATFORM
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Reddit

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 11:41:32 PM

this can also be decided by the public to a very large extent. but following are my personal thoughts.
i claim that new coin generation in a fair economy is meaningless.
because if you generate new coins, then by the fairness requirement, you need to distribute them equally, but then it'd be like adding a zero to all balances, which is meaningless.
one may come up with a way to truely define and measure "economical growth" and have inflation according to it. but i don't think anyone is "there" yet. maybe in an electronic economy like agoras and with artificial intelligence like tau we'll be able to achieve it.
even if such formula will be found, there's still strong rationales in a fixed amount of coins.
as for mining, as any other housekeeping of the network, they better be incentivized. therefore in my opinion the "tax" approach is better here: that everyone give some fraction to miners up to amounts that the public agrees on. the more hashes, the more security and value on the chain. the public will have to buy security and pay what it costs, directly and not by dilution. this is more transparent and removes a need to print new coins.
agoras will also support risk-free interest without printing new coins (thanks to black&scholes theory and hedge markets), but that's a different story.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
John_Paul

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:13:03 AM

this can also be decided by the public to a very large extent. but following are my personal thoughts.
i claim that new coin generation in a fair economy is meaningless.
because if you generate new coins, then by the fairness requirement, you need to distribute them equally, but then it'd be like adding a zero to all balances, which is meaningless.
one may come up with a way to truely define and measure "economical growth" and have inflation according to it. but i don't think anyone is "there" yet. maybe in an electronic economy like agoras and with artificial intelligence like tau we'll be able to achieve it.
even if such formula will be found, there's still strong rationales in a fixed amount of coins.
as for mining, as any other housekeeping of the network, they better be incentivized. therefore in my opinion the "tax" approach is better here: that everyone give some fraction to miners up to amounts that the public agrees on. the more hashes, the more security and value on the chain. the public will have to buy security and pay what it costs, directly and not by dilution. this is more transparent and removes a need to print new coins.
agoras will also support risk-free interest without printing new coins (thanks to black&scholes theory and hedge markets), but that's a different story.

The tax approach is a very interesting idea. Do you mean taxing every account no matter if the user makes transactions or not when creating a block? How about transaction fee? Do you think the system should charge transaction fee on top of the tax?
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 12:16:46 AM

The tax approach is a very interesting idea. Do you mean taxing every account no matter if the user makes transactions or not when creating a block? How about transaction fee? Do you think the system should charge transaction fee on top of the tax?

right now, on btc, everyone gets diluted, same %% for all. that, if we take the coin generation part (block reward).
txfees are not newly generated coins on btc.
so this model can be translated one to one into a fixed-coinbase currency.
however ofc creativity is possible and welcome in optimizing the ways the various "taxes" are determined

Tau-Chain & Agoras
tyazha

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:59:24 AM

1. I want invest in Tau chain, how can I do this?
2. That is Agoras Tokens?
3. When completed the development?

mightyMight

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:22:51 AM

1. I want invest in Tau chain, how can I do this?
2. That is Agoras Tokens?
3. When completed the development?

1. You can also buy the agoras on bittrex.
2. This is the coin/token to be used right now with Tau. I assume its used to finance the project and will be the first/major abstracted value for Tau.
3. I would be interested in that as well Wink I guess it will take some time. It is quite a project.

Cheers
MM
victorserrano

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:09:11 PM

Hello Ohad.

How many developers are the TauChain project team? Are you developing your own or are there other participants?

Regarding the project What is the current state of the project?
Kartaba

Activity: 276

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:33:45 AM

Hi Ohad hope all is well.

I saw this website, https://lunyr.com/

"Lunyr is an Ethereum-based decentralized world knowledge base which rewards users with app tokens for peer-reviewing and contributing information"

Are they trying to do what you do using ethereum?
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: