Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:29:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309552 times)
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:17:29 AM

I am a layman. Can someone tell me what application this token will have in the real world? Is the project dead? I do not understand what all this means.

This interview will provide you with a better understanding of Tau and Agoras:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFmaX-oumNw&

The project is anything else but dead. Wink

LiskEnterprise

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:34:02 PM

I am a layman. Can someone tell me what application this token will have in the real world? Is the project dead? I do not understand what all this means.

This interview will provide you with a better understanding of Tau and Agoras:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFmaX-oumNw&

The project is anything else but dead. Wink

These all need to be redone with a new vision and a historic discussion on what has happened over the last 2 years.

Whitepaper and wiki and Q and A page...

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
LiskEnterprise

Activity: 268

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:04:16 PM

This forum is dead and the price is dead...

There maybe a correlation.

Becasue you moved to #IRC there is no productive conversations here.

BTC talk is the first place new crypto people go to study a new platform and they see nothing happening here.

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
Cibervision

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:39:39 AM

Ohad is working all the time, now the price of agoras not is important, is a good moment to buy more, see this as a oportunity. The white paper , web and pre alpha will be ready in this 2017, ohad hope this.
As a stakeholder im very quiet, i trust in ohad, he is the smartest person that i know , he background is awesome and is a good person. All of us know that this proyect is very very complex, and ohad trying make tauchain scalable, a world wide product is more dificult than a blockchain. I think the reward or profit  can be a x10.000 or more, is time to hold agoras. Tauchain can change the world , we must wait a bit more.

Folow the irc channel:

http://tauchain.org/logs/fn/%23%23idni.log
Eventine

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 03:38:57 PM

Ohad is working all the time, now the price of agoras not is important, is a good moment to buy more, see this as a oportunity. The white paper , web and pre alpha will be ready in this 2017, ohad hope this.
As a stakeholder im very quiet, i trust in ohad, he is the smartest person that i know , he background is awesome and is a good person. All of us know that this proyect is very very complex, and ohad trying make tauchain scalable, a world wide product is more dificult than a blockchain. I think the reward or profit  can be a x10.000 or more, is time to hold agoras. Tauchain can change the world , we must wait a bit more.

Folow the irc channel:

Definitely agree to everything here
It is a very difficult project and minor breakthroughs are being made every day
Ohad is working really hard to have some functions to showcase before the year's end, so it won't be too long now for us to see a hint of what tau is capable of
walid515

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:40:26 PM

Yes I keep my agoras, big project, very optimist and impatient.
Scallywag

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:36:42 PM

Folow the irc channel:

I just don't understand why the whitepaper takes so long. It will make your investors happy an people know about the new tau.
Ohad doesn't give a shit and will finish tau with your cash. Then you have to trust him to start working on agoras after tau is finished.
But if a whitepaper takes months this is gonna be a long ride. This is all if tau chain is achievable at all.
Cibervision

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:54:18 AM

The tauchain whitepaper is like a tesis , it is very large and deep. We must invest in tauchain for agoras market be a reality, ohad now give us his time life and knowledge and the option to travel with he in this journey. There is a lot of proyects on cryptospace, some of us like tauchain. I remember you that google come after other searchers and eat the market. Make your own research and bet for the proyect that you wish. In my case i bet for tauchain and ohad.
Eventine

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:05:50 AM

Ohad has postponed the full whitepaper to work on coding which has begun for a while now. Tau is just too technical for almost anyone else to explain, so Ohad has to manage his time between research/coding and writing the paper.

Eventually a video lecture series, polished website and whitepaper is planned, but for now the focus is on getting something tangible out, I think that's ultimately what we want to see.
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:12:14 PM

I just put a bit of my stash in this project after watching Ohad present in a video. He just convinced me he has this mad genius personality that is a bit chaotic and the project is a moonshot but a very interesting concept. This is not a project to be asking about price and speculation. Just forget your money for 2-3 years and come back. If it's zero cool. If it's on the top 10 coins cooler  Grin
GTTIGER

Activity: 527

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:50:23 AM

The coolest thing about tau is that it would have a huge network effect. As more people use it, more knowledge will be gained, this then leads to more users. The knowledge economy, how amazing.

zooitje

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:58:02 AM

Great to see everything is quiet again around here  Smiley

If Tau is ready - someday, when it is ready - I presume the work only begins. As a community. What is a smart roadmap to:
1) Get educated in the right fields to be able to use/program Tau? What should neccesarily be learned already?
2) How to get some experience, before Tau's ready, that is useful? What language? Or knowledge? Or skills?

Basically: What's is relevant to have done to be prepared once this network is up and running and Tau needs some serious usecases and testing?
As I mentioned here. I am still wondering what needs to be done once Tau is up and running. To have tau make use of semantics we probably need a lot of useable contextual data that allows tau to interpret transactions and (business)logic in a meaningful, automated manner. Is there a structure, ontology, nomenclature or some sort of thesaurus we could build already, as a community, to come prepared?
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 12:43:03 PM

Great to see everything is quiet again around here  Smiley

If Tau is ready - someday, when it is ready - I presume the work only begins. As a community. What is a smart roadmap to:
1) Get educated in the right fields to be able to use/program Tau? What should neccesarily be learned already?
2) How to get some experience, before Tau's ready, that is useful? What language? Or knowledge? Or skills?

Basically: What's is relevant to have done to be prepared once this network is up and running and Tau needs some serious usecases and testing?
As I mentioned here. I am still wondering what needs to be done once Tau is up and running. To have tau make use of semantics we probably need a lot of useable contextual data that allows tau to interpret transactions and (business)logic in a meaningful, automated manner. Is there a structure, ontology, nomenclature or some sort of thesaurus we could build already, as a community, to come prepared?

good and important question, and could be very relevant for the old tau, but irrelevant for the new tau.
the new tau features what i refer to as "the internet of languages", a platform to define formal languages (by formally defining their syntax and semantics) with tools allowing semantics-preserving translation between defined languages, and more.
the infrastructure of the new tau, is a mechanism to define and connect languages.
so (almost?) any ontology or framework will be programmable on tau, with or without connecting it to more languages.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
Greg Pentium

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:47:21 PM

I just put a bit of my stash in this project after watching Ohad present in a video. He just convinced me he has this mad genius personality that is a bit chaotic and the project is a moonshot but a very interesting concept. This is not a project to be asking about price and speculation. Just forget your money for 2-3 years and come back. If it's zero cool. If it's on the top 10 coins cooler  Grin

Could you link me to the video? appreciate it Smiley
Feel the same way regarding great potential / total moonshot.
zooitje

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:41:26 PM

Great to see everything is quiet again around here  Smiley

good and important question, and could be very relevant for the old tau, but irrelevant for the new tau.
the new tau features what i refer to as "the internet of languages", a platform to define formal languages (by formally defining their syntax and semantics) with tools allowing semantics-preserving translation between defined languages, and more.
the infrastructure of the new tau, is a mechanism to define and connect languages.
so (almost?) any ontology or framework will be programmable on tau, with or without connecting it to more languages.
Thanks Ohad,

First of all: Keep up the good work. I admire what you are doing and look forward to a future with tau.

Great that you were able to take the time to answer my question. I did not know about "the internet of languages". Question remains: what can I do, as an engineer that is full time dedicated to the blockchain industry, to be well prepared before Tau launches? What do I need once tau is real? What standardization is required or what language can i learn to be able to use tau? Please point me (us) to useful resources we need to know about once we're there.
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 11:19:10 PM

Great to see everything is quiet again around here  Smiley

Thanks Ohad,

First of all: Keep up the good work. I admire what you are doing and look forward to a future with tau.

Great that you were able to take the time to answer my question. I did not know about "the internet of languages". Question remains: what can I do, as an engineer that is full time dedicated to the blockchain industry, to be well prepared before Tau launches? What do I need once tau is real? What standardization is required or what language can i learn to be able to use tau? Please point me (us) to useful resources we need to know about once we're there.

on tau, advanced users define languages, and normal users use (speak) those languages.
to define languages one needs to know to define a context free grammar (the syntax part) and then to write logical formulas that express which relations are implied from derivation trees (the semantics part).
any knowledge about how compilers are built can be useful.

it is all about formal languages. the platform is not intended to support natural languages

Tau-Chain & Agoras
zooitje

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:41:20 PM

on tau, advanced users define languages, and normal users use (speak) those languages.
to define languages one needs to know to define a context free grammar (the syntax part) and then to write logical formulas that express which relations are implied from derivation trees (the semantics part).
any knowledge about how compilers are built can be useful.

it is all about formal languages. the platform is not intended to support natural languages

Thanks. That is very helpful. I'll leave this here for those reading along: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58N2N7zJGrQ&list=PLBlnK6fEyqRgp46KUv4ZY69yXmpwKOIev
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:27:06 PM

Hello, what is the best reliable channel to get latest news of the development of the project?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:34:23 PM

Hello, what is the best reliable channel to get latest news of the development of the project?

https://webchat.freenode.net/

Channel: ##idni

dmitryshech

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:43:17 PM

Very interesting and well-written article: https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/03/the-new-age-of-icos-is-here-and-its-not-based-on-ethereum/

It doesn't include Tau, not much people know about Tau today but it makes you think... All the big players today one day can just become irrelevant and who is going to be the next google or facebook? Maybe Tauchain? Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: