Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:53:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37799 times)
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:17:02 AM

I got that "connection not trusted" error.  Added it as an exception, and got into the fusionhash pool. 0 miners and 0 MH

Pool error is "Unable to connect to wallet RPC service: RPC call did not return 200: HTTP error: 0 - JSON Response: [] "

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hashbrown9000

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:18:43 AM

Also, getting into the lifeforce site (any of their pools) requires a long wait time by me. It took me an hour just to get to copy my withdrawal adress

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 04:48:25 AM

hmmm. i wondered if craziness would happen before the burn was over. no telling what or who is behind it. it's ok, we can alter our plans if we have to. i suppose we could incentivize people who are still solo mining so that they keep doing so and the transactions keep going to the burn wallet. of course the blockchain can be attacked with such a low hash.

people may want to burn earlier than the 8th to ensure we receive your coins now. i would suggest taking screen shots of your wallets now if you haven't burned in case they take the nodes down. has anyone checked those? my windows machine with my OCTO wallet is packed up and i dunno how long it will take me to find it.

cabbage2014

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:55:40 AM

I am mining on http://mining.securepayment.cc/pools/octocoin/ but it appears as offline on the frontpage.  It shows my hashrate at 35mh, but not finding blocks since late last night.  I assume that my asic could be helping keep the network going for transactions so will leave it mining for now.

I will screenshot my wallet and send what coins I have to be burned later today if I can get the time.  My Octo Wallet is still able to sync at least.

GWCalvert

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 07:32:53 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 07:58:40 AM by GWCalvert

The blockchain is running fine. All you have to do to confirm this is to look at the block explorer. I have a small miner set up to solo mine when the diff drops too low, just to keep the chain moving along.

The pools at Lifeforce have had these issues before; where the pool fails to respond or gets bogged down and takes forever to load. I've had my miners switch to a failover (backup) pool many times while mining there. Hence, why I have my miner set-up to solo Octo, now.

I'm not sure about the securepayment.cc pool. I tried to mine a couple of different coins there in the past and have had issues with pool stability and not getting credited for the blocks I have found.

Your best bet, if you want to add some coins over the next five days or just help keep the chain moving is to solo mine. Even with low hash power you can probably pick up a few blocks here and there. At one point, my blade (mining at 5.7 MH/s) was picking up 65%+ of all the blocks being found.

Here's a sample config file to be placed in your (user/name/AppData/roaming/OctoCoin) folder if you want to solo mine:

Code:
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=userpassword
rpcallowip=localhost
rpcport=22888
addnode=162.243.144.135
addnode=162.243.149.125
addnode=162.243.207.204
addnode=162.243.141.242

Replace the username/userpassword with something of your choosing and keep your wallet open while mining.

EDIT: Looks like the Lifeforce Octo pool is now offline as it is still slow loading but is now showing this error on the pool stats page:

Unable to connect to wallet RPC service: RPC call failed: Recv failure: Connection reset by peer

Looks like the wallet crashed there...

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 07:51:14 AM

I don't know if it will help but I submitted a ticket to lifeforce. Anyone who received payouts from them, please send me the Octocoin address they paid you from. Who knows what the deal is.

This is the Lifeforce pool address: 8bo9iT6cPg2pqykGHYRc6sTzzkcmzGnTXe ... It was still showing up as finding blocks in the explore the last time my miner switched over and started mining Octo several hours ago.

cabbage2014

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:25:38 PM

The blockchain is running fine. All you have to do to confirm this is to look at the block explorer. I have a small miner set up to solo mine when the diff drops too low, just to keep the chain moving along.

The pools at Lifeforce have had these issues before; where the pool fails to respond or gets bogged down and takes forever to load. I've had my miners switch to a failover (backup) pool many times while mining there. Hence, why I have my miner set-up to solo Octo, now.

I'm not sure about the securepayment.cc pool. I tried to mine a couple of different coins there in the past and have had issues with pool stability and not getting credited for the blocks I have found.

Your best bet, if you want to add some coins over the next five days or just help keep the chain moving is to solo mine. Even with low hash power you can probably pick up a few blocks here and there. At one point, my blade (mining at 5.7 MH/s) was picking up 65%+ of all the blocks being found.

Here's a sample config file to be placed in your (user/name/AppData/roaming/OctoCoin) folder if you want to solo mine:

Code:
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=userpassword
rpcallowip=localhost
rpcport=22888
addnode=162.243.144.135
addnode=162.243.149.125
addnode=162.243.207.204
addnode=162.243.141.242

Replace the username/userpassword with something of your choosing and keep your wallet open while mining.

EDIT: Looks like the Lifeforce Octo pool is now offline as it is still slow loading but is now showing this error on the pool stats page:

Unable to connect to wallet RPC service: RPC call failed: Recv failure: Connection reset by peer

Looks like the wallet crashed there...

Thanks for the solomining info, only problem is I have an Innosillicon A2 terminator running from my parents house in another county and it has firmware which would make solo mining difficult to setup.  Anyway on mining.securepayment.cc its submitting shares and showing new blocks found on my address also its finally showing as online now:)

GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 12:50:00 PM

Lifeforce.info pool is back up, if anyone is interested in throwing some hash there, again. Only a few more days until the end of the burn. Let's keep the chain moving along smoothly so that everyone can get their coins burned, that wants to.  Wink

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 01:39:37 PM

Thanks GW. Blah, I forget we have the explorer sometimes. Lifeforce responded and said that he is going to continue running Octocoin. So no worries there.

Coinbase should deposit the $288 in my account today so I'll get that paid.
hashbrown9000

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:55:56 PM

yep I finally figured out how to solo mine, and pointed my 2-1/2 rigs to 888 finally.  I'll have a few more coins to burn than I put in the google form

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
hashbrown9000

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:56:52 PM

I wonder if the original devs know about all of this and will try to wrest control at burn time.  That's the paranoid side of me thinking out loud of course.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:05:59 PM

I wonder if the original devs know about all of this and will try to wrest control at burn time.  That's the paranoid side of me thinking out loud of course.
They indeed could partake in the burn, however they will still not have any control over the future direction of octoparty

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 11:06:54 PM

yep I finally figured out how to solo mine, and pointed my 2-1/2 rigs to 888 finally.  I'll have a few more coins to burn than I put in the google form

It's ok. The main thing is that you have your Octocoin address linked to the Counterwallet address so that we can do the trade. Robert said it will rake all the transactions together automatically. We just wanted to keep it as simple as possible by limiting the transactions we have to sift through.
hashbrown9000

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:38:45 AM

The main thing is that you have your Octocoin address linked to the Counterwallet address so that we can do the trade.

This happens on your side according to the form, correct? It's not done in each person's counterwallet by themselves?

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 01:41:20 AM

The main thing is that you have your Octocoin address linked to the Counterwallet address so that we can do the trade.

This happens on your side according to the form, correct? It's not done in each person's counterwallet by themselves?

well what i mean is that you have to go to https://counterwallet.io/ and create a wallet, save your password. once you have your wallet created when you submit the form it asks for the octocoin address you are sending burned coins from, approximately how many you are burning and for your Counterparty/Counterwallet address. note: it can be the counterparty-d command line wallet. also, they are working on a desktop wallet. counterwallet is their online wallet.

side note: saving your password is not enough. you need to save your private keys for every address you create in counterwallet. that way if you have any issues you can put the keys into a new wallet.

go to address actions
click show private keys
it gives a warning that you need to make sure nobody is around to see your screen
copy and paste private keys
secure in multiple places such as external drive, usb jump drive, paper wallet
there are plenty of youtube vids showing paper wallets for counterwallet

here is the blog from devs about the desktop wallet coming soon.

http://counterparty.io/news/counterparty-development-update-10/

if for any reason you have not submitted the amount burned and the octo address, i'd say submit it again with the counterwallet address or pm me or Robert you address plus the other info and we can just add it to the form.

hope this answers all your questions Smiley

on a side note, squarespace is paid. i have started working on the website some. please keep in mind that i just moved, i'm job hunting, my phone died and i'm waiting for best buy to ship the insurance replacement, and we are still working the burn.

i'll do my best to get the website up fast! then we will start prepping for the tee shirt sales to launch.

also, once the burn is complete, next step is to get the merged mining with foldingcoin.

i'm still curious how much we will burn. i'm guessing 20 million tops. 15 million bottom.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 01:44:30 AM

go there and click create new wallet. it will give you a long password to save.

hashbrown9000

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:48:04 AM

I might be able to hit 100k coins. Solo mining is going pretty good. Gonna keep the farm on it till the end.

I'll have to check out the private keys thing.  Never needed to deal with keys before.

Also, I entered the octo receiving address that my pool was paying me with. So I'm guessing that also works as a send address from the 888 wallet to the 888 burn address?

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 01:11:34 PM

I might be able to hit 100k coins. Solo mining is going pretty good. Gonna keep the farm on it till the end.

I'll have to check out the private keys thing.  Never needed to deal with keys before.

Also, I entered the octo receiving address that my pool was paying me with. So I'm guessing that also works as a send address from the 888 wallet to the 888 burn address?

well it could. if that's the only receive address you've used ever. but you can easily check and see. say you send one octocoin to a random address and you notice, hey, this is not the receive address i thought it would send that transaction from. You can send from one address in your wallet to another address in your wallet.

before i sent to burn, i sent all my coins to 1 specific address in my wallet because i had received coins to multiple addresses in my wallet.

you may not have to do this if that's the only octocoin address for you.

and don't get me wrong, you don't have to do a counterwallet private key but you should. Taking a few seconds to save them is worth it.

so you have never saved your octocoin  private key? the wallet.dat. why not? you should backup all of your wallets off of your hard drive. it's so risky not backing them up. hard drives fail every day.
wartywarlock

Activity: 208

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:19:36 PM

Hello, just checking in to say that we at BC have been catching up on things, and should sort out our burn later on today. We have approx 300k to exchange. It's cool that you've managed to get this on track.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 01:29:57 PM

Hello, just checking in to say that we at BC have been catching up on things, and should sort out our burn later on today. We have approx 300k to exchange. It's cool that you've managed to get this on track.

thx warty Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: